• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Scar, Waluigi is the worst character ever invented only to fill the Mario Kart roster why would you want Luigi vs Waluigi?

Expecting a real answer?

Too bad.

Waluigi time.

tumblr_mdcs3adZOs1rpvf4qo1_400.gif

Mikeside

Cinema is a crappy first date destination though.

People only say that because you don't spend time talking and interacting with each other.

My gamble here is that we can have a couple of drinks, get to know each other a bit, go and see the movie, then chat about it over dinner or a couple more drinks, so it's not just a whole date of silently sitting next to each other.

Also, as it's WreckIt Ralph, I'm sure there'll be "aww"s and laughs which are perfect excuses for mid-movie flirtation.

I've thought it through and I think it's a good idea. We'll see.

Have changed my mind on not doing bowling, though - I think I'll ask her out for bowling and dinner if the first date goes well.

People only say that because you don't spend time talking and interacting with each other.

My gamble here is that we can have a couple of drinks, get to know each other a bit, go and see the movie, then chat about it over dinner or a couple more drinks, so it's not just a whole date of silently sitting next to each other.

Also, as it's WreckIt Ralph, I'm sure there'll be "aww"s and laughs which are perfect excuses for mid-movie flirtation.

I've thought it through and I think it's a good idea. We'll see.

Have changed my mind on not doing bowling, though - I think I'll ask her out for bowling and dinner if the first date goes well.

What id after the drinks you've had enough of each other?

Mikeside

What id after the drinks you've had enough of each other?

Then I won't flirt with her during the movie, I'll just enjoy it :p

edit: might as well post a serious answer to a serious question.

I don't know. I guess that's why first dates are usually short, which I hadn't planned for.

Luckily, it now looks like we're going to meet up tomorrow for a couple of drinks to get to know each other.
She's very pretty, she seems really sweet & I think we've got a good rapport over text. I hope it translates well to actual chemistry when we're face to face.

I just have to remember that if it does, I need to not jump into a 'relationship' straight away, like I always have before - the point of this was always to enjoy myself, be more laid back about dating and figure out what I want & when I want it.

Then I won't flirt with her during the movie, I'll just enjoy it :p

edit: might as well post a serious answer to a serious question.

I don't know. I guess that's why first dates are usually short, which I hadn't planned for.

Luckily, it now looks like we're going to meet up tomorrow for a couple of drinks to get to know each other.
She's very pretty, she seems really sweet & I think we've got a good rapport over text. I hope it translates well to actual chemistry when we're face to face.

I just have to remember that if it does, I need to not jump into a 'relationship' straight away, like I always have before - the point of this was always to enjoy myself, be more laid back about dating and figure out what I want & when I want it.

The final point is painfully true for me. Cot damn serial monogamist! I managed to have a year and a half off before getting with my current gf but if/when this goes tits up I'm taking a much longer break.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The final point is painfully true for me. Cot damn serial monogamist! I managed to have a year and a half off before getting with my current gf but if/when this goes tits up I'm taking a much longer break.

I'm sure you will cos you'll be old by then lolololol

My mate has the same issue, I don't think he's been single longer than 2 months in his life. Seems stressful to me.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Take her to see Wreck It Ralph and you can tell her about all the references in it. HA HA.

That's what will happen when me and Mrs Sniv go see it for sure. I'll laugh, and then have to explain to her who Q-Bert is or something. She tries to care about most stuff, but vidya games aren't one of them.

So, last night was spent at a pub quiz at my uni. Subsequently, drinks were drunk, although since the Guinness was surprisingly cheap (£2.50 compared to the £3.50+ I'd expect to pay elsewhere) my wallet isn't quite as empty as I expected before the night.

Also, I seem to have a knack of never getting a hangover (admittedly I only had three pints last night, which probably had something to do with it).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's 1ºC here. Compared to the -20s I was experiencing in Sweden that's pretty warm.

Good thing my grandparents heat the house well.

And the best advice while watching Wreck It Ralph is not to say anything because everyone should watch a film in peace. ;)

I seem to sober up quickly. At my cousin's wedding just stepping out on the cold balcony woke me up and I was glugging wine down at dinner and felt very light headed afterward. Tipsy for about 10 minutes top.

So, last night was spent at a pub quiz at my uni. Subsequently, drinks were drunk, although since the Guinness was surprisingly cheap (£2.50 compared to the £3.50+ I'd expect to pay elsewhere) my wallet isn't quite as empty as I expected before the night.

Also, I seem to have a knack of never getting a hangover (admittedly I only had three pints last night, which probably had something to do with it).

Wait until you get older, a two pint hangover can become a depressing reality.

It's 1ºC here. Compared to the -20s I was experiencing in Sweden that's pretty warm.

Good thing my grandparents heat the house well.

4 degrees C here. And I've got my window open. >.>

(In my defence, the windows gets covered with condensation really easily and I've been told by my landlord that I should keep my window open as much as possible to reduce the damage done to the wooden frame)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Alcohol water alcohol water. Just learn not to care about what the others think of drinking water in a club.

Mikeside

Alcohol water alcohol water. Just learn not to care about what the others think of drinking water in a club.

Doesn't help for beer - I think I might have an intolerance to something in it :(

EDIT: WTF, BGBW, WHY IS YOUR AVATAR DIFFERENT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO-

Wait until you get older, a two pint hangover can become a depressing reality.

Maybe. That said, right now I seem to be building up something of a resistance to alcohol, since I never really noticed I was feeling tipsy until I was on my way out (and then the night air put paid to that). Normally, I'll hit my "woah, I'm tipsy" point around the end of the second pint.

I blame the pub quiz and having to dig through my brain for the excuse for the TARDIS's vhrooping.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm surprised this avatar caused confusion since it's the same character as I had for a year(?) now excluding the previous one. Though I realise its style is rather different.

I'm surprised this avatar caused confusion since it's the same character as I had for a year(?) now excluding the previous one. Though I realise its style is rather different.

I suppose it's rather Bizarre.

And suddenly I fancy a game of PGR4 or Blur.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So those were just white men putting on voices?
The lead crow was but no the rest were part of an African American choir group. The crows are definitely a racist caricature either way. Whether you consider it egregious or not is a matter of perspective. I don't consider it overly negative as their actions and role in the story is something positive but it definitely portrays them in a racist way similar to how the carnival workers were faceless and featureless.

I still think they are the best part of the movie despite these observations.

Suairyu

Banned
Bowling is amazing for dates. Unless you practice lots, it's hard to be that good at it, so it's perfect for people who can make fun of themselves.

Mikeside

Bowling is amazing for dates. Unless you practice lots, it's hard to be that good at it, so it's perfect for people who can make fun of themselves.

The more I think about it, the better it sounds.
Not just for showing off that I can make fun of myself and not take myself too seriously - but that's something I seriously value in girls and never seem to find in girls I've been out with. That could be a great way to gauge it early on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom