• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going on walks for about the last 6 months. My challenge this year is to walk 1,000 miles this year - but I'm not counting functional walking, ie walking I'd do anyway. So walking to work or the shops doesn't count - this is 1,000 additional miles of walking. So I'm using the time to listen to audio books of stories I've wanted to read for ages and not had the time to. It's a great way to switch off after a day at work, and my god, I love this city. London, I mean. It's amazing how close everything really is, as you lose all sense of perspective if you just travel using the tube for too long. I have a few routes, but today I walked from Clerkenwell to Aldwych, along the river to the Palace of Westminster, across Westminster bridge, along the south bank, past Waterloo, to Blackfriars bridge then all the way up Farringdon bridge home. My other routes involve walking to Canary Wharf, around Regents Park or down Oxford Street and down the side of Hyde park and through Mayfair.

img20130124195927.jpg

I've been going on walks for about the last 6 months. My challenge this year is to walk 1,000 miles this year - but I'm not counting functional walking, ie walking I'd do anyway. So walking to work or the shops doesn't count - this is 1,000 additional miles of walking. So I'm using the time to listen to audio books of stories I've wanted to read for ages and not had the time to. It's a great way to switch off after a day at work, and my god, I love this city. London, I mean. It's amazing how close everything really is, as you lose all sense of perspective if you just travel using the tube for too long. I have a few routes, but today I walked from Clerkenwell to Aldwych, along the river to the Palace of Westminster, across Westminster bridge, along the south bank, past Waterloo, to Blackfriars bridge then all the way up Farringdon bridge home. My other routes involve walking to Canary Wharf, around Regents Park or down Oxford Street and down the side of Hyde park and through Mayfair.

I've done this quite a few times with my gf (not the same walk but waking around London) as she's originally an out of towner. She loves joining up all the different places.

I've done this quite a few times with my gf (not the same walk but waking around London) as she's originally an out of towner. She loves joining up all the different places.

There's one point, at the North end of Blackfriars Bridge, where you can look one direction along the Thames and see the Wheel and Ben Ben, look the other and see St Pauls, the Gherkin, Tower Bridge and Canary Wharf off in the distance. It all looks so close! Then you try and walk it and it takes you hours. You used to be able to see more before, when Blackfriars station was a cardboard shanty town rather than the glassy blue wine bar it is now.

Mikeside

Dammit - was talking to a really nice girl on OKCupid, asked her if she wants to go to the Agincourt.....she wants to go on the fucking 9th February.
I suggested the next week and she's gone quiet :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Now is probably not the best time to ply at the heart-strings but being a good friend and doing something fun may help take the sting (if any) out of their situation and will put you in a positive light.

Also your lucky colour is green.

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO™;46871791 said:
[REDACTED] went from being "in a relationship" to "single".

:O

Guysguysguys gimme advice yo
Don't be a creep and leave her be. If you've already known her for a while and she's been dating someone else, it's never going to happen between you two.

Or just do what Cindres said.

Suairyu

Banned
It's my hope that we get to the point that racist images like the Dumbo crows completely lose their racial power and can just be appreciated as good characters. I mean, it'll always be important to remember their cultural origins and why they shouldn't be repeated, but they're too damn funky to be lost to time.

Suairyu

Banned
Green Scar, Waluigi is the worst character ever invented only to fill the Mario Kart roster why would you want Luigi vs Waluigi?

SteveWD40

If it's old school "harmless" racism you want then read Ian Flemings Live and Let Die, it's a bit (a lot) different from the film and oh dear lord have mercy is it racist. He even writes "negro" dialogue in how he thinks it sounds...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
If it's old school "harmless" racism you want then read Ian Flemings Live and Let Die, it's a bit (a lot) different from the film and oh dear lord have mercy is it racist. He even writes "negro" dialogue in how he thinks it sounds...
Incredible book

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Just got out of my 5th and final exam. Not overly happy with the exam period but at least it's FINALLY done. Everyone else has been done way before me.

I am gonna get SO FUCKING DRUNK today.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
got drunk as fuck with a good mate last....he convinced me to ring up a girl who i like....when im drunk

Im staying at hers tonight..but i know her mums in and her bedrooms right next to hers...fuck

Got the weirdest taste in my mouth...i cant tell if it guilt or shame

But if i bail im a dead man
Don't be a creep and leave her be. If you've already known her for a while and she's been dating someone else, it's never going to happen between you two.

Or just do what Cindres said.
That's shit advice!

CHEEZMO™;46871791 said:
[REDACTED] went from being "in a relationship" to "single".

:O

Guysguysguys gimme advice yo
What's your personal relationship with her?

When did it become Friday, anyway? I feel like I've lost a day this week.

I think I have too...

Rubbish King

That's my movie date with the first girl.

#swaggerproblems
You pimp!

Girl just got out of a relationship. Last thing she needs is a a bunch of guys - especially those who she's already placed in the 'friend' category - to suddenly start showing their interest.

Movie date is your second date with the first girl, right?

I thought you meant he never had a chance, but if hes good friends theres no harm in offering a shoulder to cry on ^_^

Girl just got out of a relationship. Last thing she needs is a a bunch of guys - especially those who she's already placed in the 'friend' category - to suddenly start showing their interest.

True. My friend (the one who threw a clementine at me the other day) cut off one of her male friends after he did a similar thing. I appreciate her ruthlessness.

Darren870

Nice!

I did this a lot when I first moved to London but have been slacking a lot recently. I will start doing it again once it gets a bit warmer out.

Rubbish King

Fear 3 is really starting to rustle my jimmies, i want a bit more story with the incredibly annoying dog demons and blue people

Mikeside

Movie is the second PART of the date...

I understand the issue with movie dates on the first night, but we're going for drinks first.

I actually might be seeing her tomorrow, so I guess technically it'll be second date now

Rubbish King

Movie is the second PART of the date...

I understand the issue with movie dates on the first night, but we're going for drinks first.

I actually might be seeing her tomorrow, so I guess technically it'll be second date now

getting pissed before going to the cinema?

daviyoung

Banned
I was drunk when I watched Armageddon. It was the greatest.

I also got drunk before The Perfect Storm.

Cinema is a crappy first date destination though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom