• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
To wszystko bzdury.
The Polish girls at my college have a very interesting idea of appropriate clothing. For football practice, it's lace knickers, hold-up stockings and shinpads.

Jill Sandwich

In the snow?

Ohhhh

ffDlcZd.jpg

lol, didn't notice meadows got nuked. i'm such a dozy cunt.

I just want to talk shit about people that say 'batch / barm / roll / breadcake' or any other stupid word for cob. It's a cob.

Bap. baps are soft

Cobs are "hard", usually glazed and have a bit of roughage in 'em. Anything else is foreign degeneracy.

SKINNER!

Banned

That thread is a disaster waiting to happen. *goes and posts in it*

I'm ok with it. Same with Urdu. The English language will always be the official language of the country and if you've lived in a multi-cultural society then you know all the cool advantages of living in one. Learn new cuss words in a different language, try new foods and experience cultures without having to leave the country.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
wow so my playlist is 14 tracks but somehow 1 hour DEAD ON

WELL DONE :D I think I might split mine into two discs. iTunes says it's 1.2 hours so it's not crazy long, but there's a perfect break at halfway through. Means I get to make 2 covers too!

Sure I can make one. The real question is who will listen to it.

Though I have no idea what the legality of this is.

I really advise you guys against this.

I know the members and mods link to such things all the time, but the rules seem to change based on time of day and planetary alignment.

Stick to Spotify playlists.

I think it should be fine. We last did this in 2010 and it was mod-sanctioned and I think without a thread it should stay under the radar a little. Otherwise we could always do it by PM, or I could keep a master list of links off-GAF. There are ways and means. Community > rules

Mikeside

WELL DONE :D I think I might split mine into two discs. iTunes says it's 1.2 hours so it's not crazy long, but there's a perfect break at halfway through. Means I get to make 2 covers too!

I think it should be fine. We last did this in 2010 and it was mod-sanctioned and I think without a thread it should stay under the radar a little. Otherwise we could always do it by PM, or I could keep a master list of links off-GAF. There are ways and means. Community > rules

BANNED

So my chronological playlist titled "obsessionthroughtheyears" doesn't really work - I fucking love it, but it's incredibly awkward in flow. Not sure whether I should just rearrange it a little or just start from scratch.

Am really looking forward to the artwork & writeup everyone comes up with.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
what rules about artwork, unique piece on PS or a picture you find online

Whatever you like mang, up to you. Do a poo on a bit of paper and take a photo if you like :p

Got a couple of ideas for my artwork(s) but will prob keep it simple. I spent hours on the last one and nobody even noticed boohoo

I feel that A) being British and B) being on GAF I could post here more.

So, em, hi. To stay topical I've never been in a Polish shop, although there's a fair few of them here in Birmingham, maybe I should correct that.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

So, em, hi. To stay topical I've never been in a Polish shop, although there's a fair few of them here in Birmingham, maybe I should correct that.

Hi!

There's a Polish shop on my old road. It's called Dobry Smak and has an entire aisle that's just meats in jars, it looked like a mad abortionist's workshop.

Mikeside

Just played around with the order a little and there's definitely a way this album fits together. I'm not going to scrap it.

I think I've got a nice mix of up- and down-beat.

Jill Sandwich

In the polski smak, have you seen the jars of 90% pork fat with chunks of flesh settled at the bottom? What do you do with it? Good morning Helicon, would you like a bacon buttie?

Mikeside

Welcome, fill in the form and get comfortable.
Boxers of briefs?
You're just in time to make a mixtape to share with everyone and open yourself up to disdain, disinterest and, if you're very lucky, disgust.

In the polski smak, have you seen the jars of 90% pork fat with chunks of flesh settled at the bottom? What do you do with it? Good morning Helicon, would you like a bacon buttie?

Yes, yes I would. However the amazing sandwich shop that used to exist across from where I work has closed down. Thanks global economic downturn.

Where do you live: Smethwick (Birmingham, give or take a mile)
Where are you from: See above
University: Nope
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football, and everyone's favorite soon to be Championship team Aston Villa
Current political party of choice: None, but my leanings would have been Lib Dem if not for the betraylaton
Favourite (current) UK TV show: none in particular, kind of enjoying Utopia though
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad
CBBC or CITV: CBBC

Reknoc

My Gran was polish (I mean, she probably still is, I don't stay in contact with her), as a kid I always dreaded having to have dinner there. Pretty fun watching the Polish satellite channels she had though.

Still regret not bothering to learn polish when I was young and had the capacity, now I'm all old and lazy.

Mikeside

Yes, yes I would. However the amazing sandwich shop that used to exist across from where I work has closed down. Thanks global economic downturn.

Where do you live: Smethwick (Birmingham, give or take a mile)
Where are you from: See above
University: Nope
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football, and everyone's favorite soon to be Championship team Aston Villa
Current political party of choice: None, but my leanings would have been Lib Dem if not for the betraylaton
Favourite (current) UK TV show: none in particular, kind of enjoying Utopia though
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad
CBBC or CITV: CBBC

Ooh, you're in the comfy position of being close enough to venture to LondonGAF and scummynorthernGAF

I agree with you about the LibDem thing - I'm thinking I might waste my next vote on the Green party.

My Gran was polish (I mean, she probably still is, I don't stay in contact with her), as a kid I always dreaded having to have dinner there. Pretty fun watching the Polish satellite channels she had though.

Still regret not bothering to learn polish when I was young and had the capacity, now I'm all old and lazy.

I laughed way too hard at this

Mikeside

Welcome! I went in a polish shop the other day, it was glorious.

I love going into Chinese supermarkets and buying random shit, then having to figure out how the hell to cook it...

Also, my mixtape is done, clocking in at a weighty 73m01s
The only real post-rock I managed to fit in was a Sigur Rós track - I wanted a bit of Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Red Sparowes and maybe some God is an Astronaut, but you can't fuck about with 10-20 minute tracks when you're trying to condense.

Preview artwork to come later.

Edit: ALSO ALSO Date up..date... We're not going on our cinema date anymore, she's coming over to watch movies instead.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Did you buy some jarred stomach linings?
I bought nothing, the cue was long and all polish.. and fucking loud!
Edit: ALSO ALSO Date up..date... We're not going on our cinema date anymore, she's coming over to watch movies instead.
Awwww yiss, the one you failed with last time right?

classic
I'll set my wife on him, she's a Middlesbrough lass. They raise fighters up there.

Where abouts in Bham do you live?

All these CBBC fans missing out on Batman as a kid. Sad times.

I watched it, but cbbc was better, to be fair i was more of a cartoon network an nickelodeon kinda guy

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
That thread is a disaster waiting to happen. *goes and posts in it*

I'm ok with it. Same with Urdu. The English language will always be the official language of the country and if you've lived in a multi-cultural society then you know all the cool advantages of living in one. Learn new cuss words in a different language, try new foods and experience cultures without having to leave the country.

Me too. That was too tempting to not post in.

Technically though, the UK does not have an official language.

When I visited my friend in Wroclaw, certain places served you beer with complimentary pig fat sandwiches. They were delicious and apparently it's some kind of tax dodge as the beer is cheaper if served with food.

My girlfriend never used to eat hers so I'd always get a double helping.

Mikeside

Awwww yiss, the one you failed with last time right?

Yeah same girl.

Sorry NorthernGAF, I love you guys really, I'm just jelly of the cool accents. I always feel like having a southern, middle class accent automatically makes anything I say during sex, or even ABOUT sex, sound ridiculous.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Yeah same girl.

Sorry NorthernGAF, I love you guys really, I'm just jelly of the cool accents. I always feel like having a southern, middle class accent automatically makes anything I say during sex, or even ABOUT sex, sound ridiculous.

lol

True dat, although you can get away with it if you souund a bit chavvy

SteveWD40

I'm just jelly of the cool accents. I always feel like having a southern, middle class accent automatically makes anything I say during sex, or even ABOUT sex, sound ridiculous.

I am from Stockport / Cheshire so possess no accent, in fact, probably due to too many films as a kid I have an almost mid Atlantic twang. People have said I sound:

A bit posh but still Northern
Southern but hard to place where
Like I lived in the US for a while

I don't hear any of that when I hear myself on recordings, just a deep slightly Northern thing. My nickname from some friends is "Radio" as they think I sound like I should be a late night DJ playing Sad Cafe (look them up kids) to lonely drunks / truckers.

I am from Stockport / Cheshire so possess no accent, in fact, probably due to too many films as a kid I have an almost mid Atlantic twang. People have said I sound:

A bit posh but still Northern
Southern but hard to place where
Like I lived in the US for a while

I don't hear any of that when I hear myself on recordings, just a deep slightly Northern thing. My nickname from some friends is "Radio" as they think I sound like I should be a late night DJ playing Sad Cafe (look them up kids) to lonely drunks / truckers.

I'm from Wales, but tried to lose the accent on purpose. Now I'm mainly told that I sound West Country. Someone thought I was from Yorkshire. Very few people pick up on the slight Welsh that has lingered.

My boyfriend is North London born and bred but everyone thinks he's Australian.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I love going into Chinese supermarkets and buying random shit, then having to figure out how the hell to cook it...

Also, my mixtape is done, clocking in at a weighty 73m01s
The only real post-rock I managed to fit in was a Sigur Rós track - I wanted a bit of Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Red Sparowes and maybe some God is an Astronaut, but you can't fuck about with 10-20 minute tracks when you're trying to condense.

Preview artwork to come later.

Sweet, looking forward to seeing what you've cooked up.

And also, if you can't turn a movie date at home into a snog then there is no hope for you :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah same girl.

This is why I put on my ray Winstone voice on when I'm in the zone "go on suck it you slaaaaaag"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well one could simply post a YouTube playlist. Of course this would rely on the songs being on YouTube in the first place.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
All these CBBC fans missing out on Batman as a kid. Sad times.

And all the other Warner stuff - Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Freekazoid - was Tazmania a CITV show as well? 90s Warner fucking KILLED IT

Well one could simply post a YouTube playlist. Of course this would rely on the songs being on YouTube in the first place.

Yeah, I doubt mine are all on there. I go deep yo. And then you lose the ability to load up your headphones with awesome and go about your day.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I'm from Wales, but tried to lose the accent on purpose. Now I'm mainly told that I sound West Country. Someone thought I was from Yorkshire. Very few people pick up on the slight Welsh that has lingered.

My boyfriend is North London born and bred but everyone thinks he's Australian.

You definitely sounded more Australian than Welsh to me. So in terms of losing the accent (or at least replacing it with another) you were pretty damn successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom