• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

noffles

Banned
I wonder if I'll be double dipping Nin/Sony or Nin/Soft this gen.

Hoping for the former, because Microsoft never have anything on the table.

Suairyu

Banned
SONY+PC for majority of gen.

'SOFT towards end of gen to pick up cheap exclusives.

NIN' whenever I feel heavy nostalgia for last gen hardware and game design.

Hystzen

The only thing that will get me next xbox would be witcher 3 other then that xbox this gen left awful taste in mouth from failure rate and little exclusives

SmokyDave

Same goes for Nintendo consoles.
Not for me, but I appreciate I'm in a minority.

So, the Halo, Forza and Gears franchises is enough to buy a whole new console for?
Trials HD alone was worth it. The rest are icing on the cake.

They would be worth owning but I'm not sure they'd be worth buying.
£300-£400 is nothing when you look at the lifespan of a console.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh PS3 yeah, 360 ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel like if we had this conversation 2 years ago I'd be agreeing with you.
I bought my first 360 7 years ago, never mind 2.

Honestly, I can't imagine gaming over the last 5 years without a PS3 or 360. I could've done without my Wii and just played Trauma Centre at a friends house.

Mr. Sam

I ended up with a PlayStation Wii-Sixty by last... August. That's only what - six, seven years? Got a Wii to play Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. and a whole bunch of GameCube games.

My PS3 and Wii combo hasn't left me wanting.

...Well, when I say combo, I mean I got a PS3 in late 2010 and have only used my Wii to play Xenoblade and Skyward Sword since then. So I guess I was wanting for a few years before that. :lol

Oh, and Steam for whatever indie games my laptop can manage to run. My new one can run Super Meat Boy! Yay!

The only reason I've ever even considered buying a 360 is for Trials Evolution.

Hystzen

I got my wii with LOZ:TP but it been pretty much a doorstop most this gen only got it out for Smash, No more heroes, Skyward,Xeno and last story. I dont think be getting Wii U due to having little interest in most nintendo IPs

SmokyDave

I ended up with a PlayStation Wii-Sixty by last... August. That's only what - six, seven years? Got a Wii to play Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. and a whole bunch of GameCube games.
I put more than a thousand hours into Smash Bros Melee and collected all trophies. I played subspace emissary mode in brawl and it's been collecting dust on my shelf ever since. To this day, I have no idea what changed.

Mind you, I put about two hours into PS All-Stars and now I'm debating deleting it so maybe my mascot-brawler days are over.

noffles

Banned
I got all 3 before the end of 2007 because my Dad felt bad that my sister got a car.

This time round I have to pay for them...

noffles

Banned
I played through Skyward Sword 3 times in the 2 weeks after it launched. One first playthrough, one hero mode playthrough, and one 100% playthrough.

Couldn't tell you how insane my hype for that game was.

Mr. Sam

Mind you, I put about two hours into PS All-Stars and now I'm debating deleting it so maybe my mascot-brawler days are over.

Say it ain't so! I dig Sony All-Stars but it's still firmly second to the Smash.

Brawl is worse than Melee. Also, local multiplayer is fucked. :(

I prefer Brawl to Melee and, evidently, I'm in the minority. Maybe it's because I'm the destroyer of worlds in Brawl but could be bested by a fingerless baboon in Melee. Inexplicable.

I prefer Brawl to Melee and, evidently, I'm in the minority. Maybe it's because I'm the destroyer of worlds in Brawl but could be bested by a fingerless baboon in Melee. Inexplicable.

I denied it for a long time, but ultimately there's a reason my brother wasn't as interested as putting time into Brawl's multiplayer as the hours we spent with Melee. It just wasn't the same, for whatever reason.

I think he hated the final smashes. :lol

Mikeside

This gen I've had....4 360s, a PS3 and 2 Wiis.

Would be 2 360s a PS3 and a Wii if I didn't keep changing my mind about the fucking things

Also DS Lite (which an ex stole), DSi (which I broke), 3DS (considering getting rid of), PSP 2000 (free with a phone contract) and a Vita (pride & joy)

...but I pretty much only actually play PC games

noffles

Banned
Played Brawl to death, Melee not so much. Probably because I spent hours playing Nightfire and Goldeneye instead of giving a shit about some silly Nintendo fighting game.

Mikeside

I could only ever win as Yoshi or Mario in Melee, but I'm generally pretty good in Brawl - haven't found a character I can't get the hang of in a few rounds and kick butt with

SmokyDave

Played Brawl to death, Melee not so much. Probably because I spent hours playing Nightfire and Goldeneye instead of giving a shit about some silly Nintendo fighting game.
You crazy. SSBM was possibly the best game of the generation after Gran Turismo 3. I still have two copies, one sealed. Nice.

Say it ain't so! I dig Sony All-Stars but it's still firmly second to the Smash.
Eh, I'm just not feeling it. It was really cheap though so all is well.

Mr. Sam

I think he hated the final smashes. :lol

Those things nearly gave me a rage-induced aneurysm on so many occasions. As Sony All-Stars tiered system emphasises, some characters' finishers were just on whole other level to others'.

I cross my arms and demand they're turned off these days.

I'm a beast with Pit. The only character I cannot do shit with is Ganondorf.

Nobody - save maybe professionals - can do shit with Ganondorf. He's a slow Captain Falcon, which is just a dumb concept.

I could never pick a main in Melee. Once I figured out how to use Rest I used Jigglypuff loads to troll people, but that's about it.

In Brawl? Lucas for life. Or Wolf, I love his gun.

noffles

Banned
You crazy. SSBM was possibly the best game of the generation after Gran Turismo 3. I still have two copies, one sealed. Nice.

I had two groups of friends when Melee was new. One group was within walking distance and enjoyed playing Bond games multiplayer; the other group was scattered about London and we were all Nintendo diehards.

It was about convenience.

SmokyDave

I could never pick a main in Melee. Once I figured out how to use Rest I used Jigglypuff loads to troll people, but that's about it.

In Brawl? Lucas for life. Or Wolf, I love his gun.
Marth was my Melee Main. He was a beastч.

Edit: oops, hit Russian keyboard by accident but I'm leaving it because it looks like 'beasty'.

I only figured out how to play Marth late in the life of Melee, which is a shame, because yes, he is a beast.

His Final Smash in Brawl is hilarious. So overpowered, so many ragequits over that shit.

SKINNER!

Banned
Give me Starfox any day. Melee was so much fun. Never knew how strong Marth was though. Nobody ever went as him. Always thought that Sheik was the best fighter in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom