• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

noffles

Banned
Go looking for a Sonic fangirl on OKCupid then.

Isn't it hedgehog day soon? Can't wait to play Sonic the Hedgehog 2013 on my PS4/720.

Lirlond

In the space of 6 minutes I managed to wake up, get dressed, brush my teeth and get on a bus. Work starts in 20 minutes. I should only just make it lol.

In the space of 6 minutes I managed to wake up, get dressed, brush my teeth and get on a bus. Work starts in 20 minutes. I should only just make it lol.

Nothing like that feel of waking up late and having to power through getting to work eh?

Autoglass fitted a new windscreen on my car yesterday, however this morning as it was raining I used my wiper to be greeted by a sound that sounds like a banshee sexually assaulting a pig.

Seems the mechanism is scraping across the glass, a guy in the car next to me looked over as if to say "you have a problem there mate". No shit.

Suairyu

Banned
I've recently become addicted to watching Starcraft II Pro Matches, despite never playing a Starcraft game in my life. It's really enjoyable.

PJV3

Eating Sugar puffs in your 40s feels weird.
A mixture of wrong and devil may care, Kerry Katona and Lord Byron. I might stick to shredded wheat.

f0rk

I don't really know anymore, GSL was the big Korean league when I was paying attention. They normally have longer formats that take weeks while the big foreigner leagues (MLG, ESL Intel Extreme Masters) normally take weekends.

I've had my PS3 for about 5 or so years so I figure it must be on it's last legs. I've already brought it back to life from the YLOD once, it's only a matter of time before it dies again. So I'm not going to rush out and buy a PS4, but rather let nature takes it's course. When my PS3 dies and cannot be resuscitated, then I will buy a PS4.

I love console launches, they make me feel 12. Sony will get my money first this gen I think, went 360 first last time. That's if the leaked spec hold and Microsoft haven't got a really good "special sauce".

I say a little prayer for my launch PS3Fat every day. Thing has to be counting down it's final days.

PJV3

I love console launches, they make me feel 12. Sony will get my money first this gen I think, went 360 first last time. That's if the leaked spec hold and Microsoft haven't got a really good "special sauce".

I say a little prayer for my launch PS3Fat every day. Thing has to be counting down it's final days.

My one is still going strong, he's a noisy sod though.

SKINNER!

Banned
Currently on my second 360 and PS3. Both the dvd and blu ray drives stopped reading discs. Still rocking the same Wii that I picked up on launch.

and Ticketmaster is - by far - the worst ticket sales website I have ever came across. Logged on at exactly 9am when they stated that they'd start selling tickets, went through their stupid Captcha screen and I get a "sorry, unavailable" message...at 9am on the dot! Tried again and again until about ten past nine and got the same message. Eventually managed to pick up a ticket (not the best seat but it's better than nothing) on another website but wtf ticketmaster? If all your tickets got sold during pre-sales then say so.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still haven't bought a PS3 yet. I saw news of a white one coming out so I'll wait for that and hope this time it isn't exclusive to one store that has zero presence in the UK.

From what I've seen on the 360 most games that interest me can also be bought on a PC.

I did most of my gaming on the go so my DS was my main for most of last gen.

My current thinking is to sit out next gen for at least a year. Supposed to be going travelling next September/October so it will just be more shite to store. Also a money sink that would divert money from the travelling fund.

Darren870

360 all the way.

I have a Wii and an Xbox too. Both get very very very little use. In fact I haven't turned on my Xbox in about a year. If it wasn't a ROM box I'd probably would have let it go.

Mikeside

I'm really unsure about next gen.
I'll probably end up getting a PS4 because "oooh, pretty games, I must have them", but I barely play games anymore & when I do it's generally on PC.

I think by 2014 I'll be either REALLY into gaming again or I'll be over it.

Right fellas, I'm off on the stag do.
Wish me luck, because I'm gonna fuckin' need it.

SteveWD40

I think by 2014 I'll be either REALLY into gaming again or I'll be over it.

I will always play games, the means to do so have never been more varied, I just won't be an ATM for EA / Activision which is where "mainstream" gaming is headed, with annual sequels and DLC through the year to keep them drip fed with cash.

PC indie scene / Valve stuff and iOS just appeals to me more these days, I am not as impressed with teh grafix as I used to be and I like to buy a game knowing it will be supported for years to come (say, TF2 or Dota2) rather than an on-line waste-ground when everyone moves on to the sequel.

BF3 still tempts me, my EA boycott is getting weak since they put Dirt Bikes in there...

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm not sure how things will turn out with the next-gen consoles for me. Definitely won't be buying any consoles at launch as I'm over that "getting hyped for a console" mentality. I might wait until a decent game comes out before getting one. Then again, I still have a ridiculous backlog to get through. Plus, people I hanged around with in high school and university were great at getting me all excited for a console/game release. Nowadays, it's all changed. The magic isn't there anymore when everyone around you has more important things to complain about like marriage, kids and mortgage payments. yuck. That's probably the reason why I don't post that often on the Gaming Side. Video games culture/news/politics is all fun and interesting to me but the whole "playing" part is just too time-consuming. yeah, I think I'm gonna sit this one out. Go all casual and shit. Maybe buy the odd classic game on steam that'll just be thrown into the backlog pile...fuck.

what's all this talk about violent video games encouraging people to do violent stuff? I thought the gaming industry sorted this out ever since Mortal Kombat came out but it just keeps cropping back up every time. Sigh.

SteveWD40

what's all this talk about violent video games encouraging people to do violent stuff? I thought the gaming industry sorted this out ever since Mortal Kombat came out but it just keeps crops back every time. Sigh.

The movie industry (and music) still get it today as well and they have had it for decades. It will never go away as long as there are people who want to blame bad shit on the boogeyman rather than peoples ability to be fucking horrible.

Video games are the easier target as they are less socially acceptable than the other two, but that is slowly changing thankfully.

Bazza

Gonna be picking up a PS4 on release. Microsoft can go fuck themselves, No way in hell they are getting a penny out of me next gen, not only am i still bitter about the consoles i had die (1 new, 2 replacements) but i refuse to pay for access to the online portion of a game when gaming online is free on every other gaming media out there, yea i know it costs bugger all but its the stance im taking, i retired my 360 the day i realized i couldn't even use the auctions in Forza 3 without a gold sub.

Fortunately i think the majority of my friends will be going the PS4 route as well, over the years pretty much all of them have replaced broken 360's with a PS3.

SKINNER!

Banned
The movie industry (and music) still get it today as well and they have had it for decades. It will never go away as long as there are people who want to blame bad shit on the boogeyman rather than peoples ability to be fucking horrible.

To be honest, it doesn't help that mainstream explicit content is so readily available online these days. Remember when it was almost impossible to watch an uncensored rap video without it being on a video cassette or it being shown at 1am on MTV? Now you can find it on youtube. Parents gotta keep up with their technology and have that netnanny installed.

Totally agree about XBL Gold Bazza, the worst thing is how you can't use on-demand tv and radio apps without having a subscription. What's up with that?!

So a little update on my case.

I have had my work permit and visa for China temporarily revoked by the Chinese government because of the arrest record. I declared a spotless record to them and now they think I lied.

I have begun my case for wrongful arrest and for the record to be taken off and my DNA/fingerprints to be wiped from the database. I also have compelling evidence that the arresting officer is a racist, I had a PI follow him and do some digging. He has, in the past, been a member of the BNP and EDL.

If my Shanghai job falls through because of this cunt there will be hell to pay for the Met.

PJV3

I have had my work permit and visa for China temporarily revoked by the Chinese government because of the arrest record. I declared a spotless record to them and now they think I lied.

I have begun my case for wrongful arrest and for the record to be taken off and my DNA/fingerprints to be wiped from the database. I also have compelling evidence that the arresting officer is a racist, I had a PI follow him and do some digging. He has, in the past, been a member of the BNP and EDL.

If my Shanghai job falls through because of this cunt there will be hell to pay for the Met.

fuck, sorry dude.
Can you get in trouble for investigating the police?, you can't even film them, they lose a piece of their soul or something.

Chinner

Banned

that shits. is this wrongful arrest what you mentioned a few pages back? hope it goes well anyway.

fuck, sorry dude.
Can you get in trouble for investigating the police?, you can't even film them, they lose a piece of their soul or something.

No, I made sure first as well.

The thing is the arresting officer is almost 60 and he is still a police constable. My lawyer said that it speaks volumes about his career that after over 30 years on the force he is still at the bottom rung.

The police force in question have already approached for a settlement, but I'm not going to accept one that doesn't include the seizing of his pension fund and his sacking. If the unions kick up a fuss I have enough contacts in the London press who would love a story about the police union supporting a police officer who is an ex BNP/EDL member.

PJV3

I wonder if his quitting the BNP coreresponds with the membership list being released.

That would be recent, and sort of prove he hasn't had s crisis of conscience.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
No, I made sure first as well.

The thing is the arresting officer is almost 60 and he is still a police constable. My lawyer said that it speaks volumes about his career that after over 30 years on the force he is still at the bottom rung.

The police force in question have already approached for a settlement, but I'm not going to accept one that doesn't include the seizing of his pension fund and his sacking. If the unions kick up a fuss I have enough contacts in the London press who would love a story about the police union supporting a police officer who is an ex BNP/EDL member.

With all due respect zomg, I thing you need to get real about the prospects here - and perhaps maybe some of your own biases.

For example, this business about the guy being 60 and still a constable means nothing. He may actually like being a constable. I know a lot of people who are quite happy being on the bottom rung of something. Regardless of what your lawyer says it is a really bad line of evidence to take.

Now, seems to me that you want this sorted out quickly (in order to level the China thing) - so probably ought to be majoring on the wrongful arrest and not vindictively going after the guy's pension fund (which isn't, by the way, going to happen - not in a civil case anyways). You go that route and it is going, to say the least, spin things out a bit.

Look, I appreciate you are rather incensed about this but getting all vindictive is not the best way of getting it sorted quickly. And I'm a bit concerned that you may be going overboard in trying to get the guy rather than trying to get your own situation sorted. Sack his pension fund, really? How you gonna feel about impoverishing his wife and kids? Don't go there, really.

I'd suggest you lay off the PI, take a quick settlement that fixes the record/DNA/prints stuff, and move on. Then, if you have major concerns about this individual officer, leak some stuff afterwards. But don't make it a mainstay of your case.

PJV3

With all due respect zomg, I thing you need to get real about the prospects here - and perhaps maybe some of your own biases.

For example, this business about the guy being 60 and still a constable means nothing. He may actually like being a constable. I know a lot of people who are quite happy being on the bottom rung of something. Regardless of what your lawyer says it is a really bad line of evidence to take.

Now, seems to me that you want this sorted out quickly (in order to level the China thing) - so probably ought to be majoring on the wrongful arrest and not vindictively going after the guy's pension fund (which isn't, by the way, going to happen - not in a civil case anyways). You go that route and it is going, to say the least, spin things out a bit.

Look, I appreciate you are rather incensed about this but getting all vindictive is not the best way of getting it sorted quickly. And I'm a bit concerned that you may be going overboard in trying to get the guy rather than trying to get your own situation sorted. Sack his pension fund, really? How you gonna feel about impoverishing his wife and kids? Don't go there, really.

I'd suggest you lay off the PI, take a quick settlement that fixes the record/DNA/prints stuff, and move on. Then, if you have major concerns about this individual officer, leak some stuff afterwards. But don't make it a mainstay of your case.

Sensible advice. You've got him by the balls, concentrate on China. The harder you go in, the longer it could take to sort out.

The PI is already gone, he dug up enough stuff.

With all due respect phisheep, I don't think you know how it feels to be racially targeted. The fact is I have the means to stop this happening to another person and they might not be as able to defend themselves against something like this. It is my duty to ensure that no one else suffers this fool ever again.

He is divorced and doesn't speak to his kids btw, he has two, they both disowned him and live in Australia with their mother (hat tip to the PI). I'm not that bothered about impoverishing him. Racism cannot be tolerated in any form. I would be letting down everything I stand for if I let this slide and let this cunt get away with being a racist and making the lives of non-white people hell because he can.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Fucking Jobseekers, they ring me twice within 5 minutes, leave me a message saying " We have tried to contact you multiple times, we will no longer investigate your claim further, so if still wanting to claim ring 08************" Which she said once stupidly quickly.

I rang that number which then directed be to the appropriate number (Not easily though, i had to go through that robot talking shit, which then made no fucking attempt to warn me about having to ring another number, so i had to ring it twice which took about 5 minutes each time to get through the fucking options

THEN, i ring this motherfucking number and I've been on hold for 20 minutes

THEY RANG 35 MINUTES AGO

I've had my PS3 for about 5 or so years so I figure it must be on it's last legs. I've already brought it back to life from the YLOD once, it's only a matter of time before it dies again. So I'm not going to rush out and buy a PS4, but rather let nature takes it's course. When my PS3 dies and cannot be resuscitated, then I will buy a PS4.
What if it dies now? What will you do for a year?!

I have never bought a console on launch, mum almost bought me a ps2 but then just didnt... :(
I bought an original xbox when the 360 came out to take avantage of the many cheap games, i couldnt have afforded the 360 anyway :(

Well this time around it's going to be different Motherfuckers.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The PI is already gone, he dug up enough stuff.

With all due respect phisheep, I don't think you know how it feels to be racially targeted. The fact is I have the means to stop this happening to another person and they might not be as able to defend themselves against something like this. It is my duty to ensure that no one else suffers this fool ever again.

He is divorced and doesn't speak to his kids btw, he has two, they both disowned him and live in Australia with their mother (hat tip to the PI). I'm not that bothered about impoverishing him. Racism cannot be tolerated in any form. I would be letting down everything I stand for if I let this slide and let this cunt get away with being a racist and making the lives of non-white people hell because he can.

With all due respect mate, yes I do. Not racially but religiously - and yes, to a serious extent. Comes to the same thing.

But seriously, for your own good, I'd suggest you focus on getting whatever you need to get China squared first. And then stop. Because, whatever you may think, this guy has (probably) some life outside of being a police officer and so long as, if you are successful, he's no longer doing that, what business is it of yours? You turn this into a vindictive anti-racist thing you have a long and hard battle that might do you damage in the short term.

I'm not by any means against your general stance, but your tactics seem to me a bit dubious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom