• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

noffles

Banned
In that case, I can console myself that I genuinely wanted a degree (any degree) and that the only "uni experience" I've had has been at other people's unis.

I got off with a girl who was having the university experience at their friend's uni (mine too) once.

People like you are my favourite.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'd like to go back to uni and make right what went wrong, but I'll never have enough gold bars to do so.
sadvio.gif

Mr. Sam

Can't wait to be eligible for job seeker's allowance. What is that, £90 a week? I could lead a life of luxury.

Edit: No, I overestimated. Still, life of luxury. That'll be me.

noffles

Banned
Can't wait to be eligible for job seeker's allowance. What is that, £90 a week? I could lead a life of luxury.

Getting thrown £3.5 grand or whatever the exact amount I get is every few months is kind of amazing. It's like being given super powers for a week, until I realise I need to ration it.

Dropped £275 on a Wii U back when my Jan one came in. TOO MUCH POWER.

PJV3

As somebody who went for the sake of it, agreed. Worst three years of my life. It'll be over soon, one way or another.

Life can be bloody terrible whichever route you take, it can also just click into place and be fantastic at any moment. At least you can say you tried.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have experience of wiring a home for Cat6 networking?

I brought a CAT5e cable from my router on one side the house to a second router which I set up as a switch, on the other side of the house.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm going to put some sockets in my folk's new house that they're renovating. I want to make sure it's futureproof. *research mode initiated*

I'm going to put some sockets in my folk's new house that they're renovating. I want to make sure it's futureproof. *research mode initiated*

Post a summary of your findings please. Always wondered how to do this (extremely simple I imagine) but have never bothered to read up on it. Can't be any more complicated than installing plug sockets.

Deadlines are the invention of the devil.

I have to give in a 40 page report on the feasibility of investing in the Japanese tech sector by the end of next week. Taking into account weakness of the Yen and whether it will continue, the new government, the new BoJ president etc...

It's like fucking homework.

Mr. Sam

Life can be bloody terrible whichever route you take, it can also just click into place and be fantastic at any moment. At least you can say you tried.

That's a nice way to think about it. Cheers.

Homework is (well was) the devil. Once I'm home I should be able to rest.

Coursework is the source of untold mental anguish. When I'm doing it, it's like pulling teeth. When I'm not doing it, I feel guilty. It's lose-lose.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I'll be frank. I did prefer coursework over exams. Always did better in it and felt it actually reflected how well you knew the subject vs how well you can cram information in the night before.

Suairyu

Banned
I like how Evilore thought about deleting that thread with the co-worker's book, but instead just decided to nonchalantly release the GAF trolls to post bad reviews on Amazon instead.

How long should it take for you to get high enough to work normal hours?
Never.

I don't plan to be in this industry forever, at least not unless I transition to the creative side, where I'll enjoy the extra hours.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I have to give in a 40 page report on the feasibility of investing in the Japanese tech sector by the end of next week. Taking into account weakness of the Yen and whether it will continue, the new government, the new BoJ president etc...

It's like fucking homework.

If you convince them to go ahead does that mean somehow cheaper PS4? Do it!!!

Suairyu

Banned
FUCKING FUCK PEOPLE WHO ANSWER THEIR PHONES WHILE FUCKING DRIVING

I'm not even talking about using a hands free set

They're literally holding the phone against their face while operating a vehicle

I DON'T WANT TO BE PARTY TO CAUSING AN ACCIDENT AND KILLING PEOPLE YOU FUCKING PRICKS

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Whenever Man VS Food dude does chili challenges i wonder how he struggles do them, he's:

A: A boss at them
B: After around half of it...surely the pain can be no more and your tastebuds are already destroyed

3 pints, 4 games of pool, a pick'n'mix and now four tinnies, i wanna get drruuunk!

FUCKING FUCK PEOPLE WHO ANSWER THEIR PHONES WHILE FUCKING DRIVING

I'm not even talking about using a hands free set

They're literally holding the phone against their face while operating a vehicle

I DON'T WANT TO BE PARTY TO CAUSING AN ACCIDENT AND KILLING PEOPLE YOU FUCKING PRICKS

Daym son, you be mad

Mr. Sam

Watching Man vs. Food, I'm like, "Yeah, I could totally do that." Doing Man vs. Food, I'd be like, "Kill me. Kiiiiillll meeeee."

SKINNER!

Banned
So after a weekend of self indulgence and musical extravagance, I've sat down this afternoon and finished off my GAF mixtape. Since it was my idea I should be the one to get the ball rolling I guess! The theme is A-Z, but I skipped U V and X because they were bringing the party down. I'd say there's a good mix from a wide spectrum of flavours and I think there should be lots of stuff that people don't know as well as some old school hits.

nc36YT9.jpg

CzswPxc.jpg

It's currently uploading to my dropbox so in the interests in avoiding mod attention, PM me for a link. Then when you guys start doing yours, give me the links and I can start a masterlist and share the address of that to save the complicated PM spiderweb.

I've listened to it a few times, I'm really happy with it. Enjoy :)

Sweet!

Wrote a huge playlist and spend most of today cutting it down because I felt it was bloated. Got it sorted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom