• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
A mix of things really, firstly, I am a socially awkward penguin, it takes me ages to get out of my shell with a group of strangers. I'm the guy who doesn't talk much, but enjoys the company. I don't have much to say about myself or anything really, so conversation is stilted. Plus there's a massive age gap so there wouldn't be that much in common. My accent makes me sound retarded too. Also I don't have much money, so I'd make it through two bars before running out of cash.
So there's that.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
A mix of things really, firstly, I am a socially awkward penguin, it takes me ages to get out of my shell with a group of strangers. I'm the guy who doesn't talk much, but enjoys the company. I don't have much to say about myself or anything really, so conversation is stilted. Plus there's a massive age gap so there wouldn't be that much in common. My accent makes me sound retarded too. Also I don't have much money, so I'd make it through two bars before running out of cash.
So there's that.
Hey! Once the sweet nectars get flowing you'd be fine! The more people the better man!
I try to avoid him when I can, although it was nice of him to drive me to the shop yesterday.
hahaha

COME TO THE MEET UP YOU SCALLYWAG
I dont wanna be the only newcomer >.<

So there's that.

We're all socially awkward, we're Gaffers! And not such a big age gap, I'm 31, J Tourettes is 30.....something (I wanna saw 34 but I can't remember. What the hell, it's not like he can come in here and shout at me!) and I'm sure we've had others over 30. You should come along, it's a good laugh.

SKINNER!

Banned
So there's that.

Put all that shit to one side for one evening and just go. To be honest, I too believed that I'd be the social quiet one in the corner that won't get along but I took a risk and it paid off so well. That night was one of my highlights of 2012. I've never been to a social event where I got on with folk quickly and - trust me - I'm an awkward sod when it comes to that. Every single one of us gelled together from the get-go and it was as if we all knew each other from way back rather than an introduction meetup. You don't even have to stay out all night (although it is highly recommended) as there were a few folk who came over for a couple of hours and then left. Seriously, these guys don't bite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eifUcSNlgI

"I wonder if my peers
Could hear my prayers
The only - got me scared
Is the man upstairs
When my back against the wall
I'm a face my fears
I'll swallow my pride
'Fore I swallow a tear"

I don't know how old this track is but I've yet to hear anything as good (lyrics wise) as that verse on his latest album. Still loving the production work and his flow on everything he has put out though. Goldie is a track I should've got bored with a long time ago but I still can't get enough of it. Why does it remind me of Banjo Kazooie?!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When the guy with the anime avatar can make it to a meet you really can't pull the socially awkward card.

f0rk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eifUcSNlgI

"I wonder if my peers
Could hear my prayers
The only - got me scared
Is the man upstairs
When my back against the wall
I'm a face my fears
I'll swallow my pride
'Fore I swallow a tear"

I don't know how old this track is but I've yet to hear anything as good (lyrics wise) as that verse on his latest album. Still loving the production work and his flow on everything he has put out though. Goldie is a track I should've got bored with a long time ago but I still can't head enough of it. Why does it remind me of Banjo Kazooie?!

Yeah Rocky ain't about the lyrics. I do think Schoolboy Q can beat him at his own game though, there tracks together are always great but Q slays Rocky every time. His album this year is definitely in my top 5 most anticipated.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Has anyone else noticed gaming side thinking this forum is the second coming of christ recently?
Also we're apparently the biggest arseholes on the Internet despite the fact there are oodles of anonymous image and text boards out there where people can afford to be arseholes.

Suairyu

Banned
8 missions into Starcraft. Game is plenty fun but like all 2D-era RTS games it does a piss-poor job of explaining unit strengths and weaknesses and what tactics should be used for each situation. I aint got time for trial and era gameplay; it isn't fun. Just tell me the rules of the game and I'll form a strategy kthx.

Always end up just turtling for about 40 minutes to build a fucking ridiculous army the brute-forcing my way through. I then go read a guide to see what the optimal strategy actually was.

looked at the threads post count recently?

Im coming for you, BRO
Congratulations on having enough free time to rack up as many posts in three weeks as what took me months. Guess I'll have to go cry into my piles of money.

Has anyone else noticed gaming side thinking this forum is the second coming of christ recently?
tbh, NeoGAF stopped being relevant in an industry sense around the time 1UP went under.

f0rk

Also we're apparently the biggest arseholes on the Internet despite the fact there are oodles of anonymous image and text boards out there where people can afford to be arseholes.

No ones actually prefaced it with 'biggest' though have they?
Anyway there are oodles of other boards, that's why I think this closure of ranks into a massive circlejerk since the gaming journo and recent Pachter stuff is dumb.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah Rocky ain't about the lyrics. I do think Schoolboy Q can beat him at his own game though, there tracks together are always great but Q slays Rocky every time. His album this year is definitely in my top 5 most anticipated.

Got any Schoolboy Q track recommendations?

Status on playlist. Written up, re-arranged and cut down to 24 songs. Got this roller-coaster swing" vibe to it based on the mood of the songs. Happy/Sad/Happy/Angry/Sad/Funny/Peaceful bliss etc. Might need to edit some of the tracks to remove skits that appear at the end. Kinda kills the mood. Kinda gutted at all the tracks that didn't make the cut but that's life.

noffles

Banned
Hey, Tash. I'm curious as to who is older out of the two of us, because I'm pretty sure that we're the two youngest here.

Birthday month?

Lirlond

I wish I was 16 again and just starting uni, then I could've picked a much more relevant science. Can't wait to spend my life coding for Physicists and Mathematicians.

noffles

Banned
I think the shittest time of my life was going from 17 to 18. Fucking horrible year.

Angst everywhere, feelings for girls who were really a bit shit. Fuck that guy, he was a socially awkward little pussy who got smitten over nothing.

19 to 20 is looking like it'll be the best year of my life.

Mr. Sam

Can't sleep thanks to a potent combination of anxiety and the Superbowl fucking up my sleep pattern. Have to say, never going back into uni is seeming like a pretty good option right now. People will think I'm crazy for starting and not finishing my final year but they're the same people who made me do this in the first place so fuck them. Probably won't perform well enough to get a degree anyway.

This is the stuff you think about at 3.30 in the morning.

Hystzen

Good job cant sleep as The Witcher 3 thread just gone up and man i shat myself it sounds and looks epic. Just waiting for that trailer later today now , bearded Geralt has made him more manly

SKINNER!

Banned
Morning y'all. Had a pleasant day off yesterday recovering from the Superbowl, watching Zero Dark Thirty and having sushi for dinner. Reading the superbowl/rugby mini-debate/rant here was a good laugh. I never see it happen with baseball and cricket strangely enough. And if you thought merely watching the superbowl was a traitorous act then you should've seen the guys covering themselves with the US flag and singing the the US anthem in glaswegian accents. Surreal.

Question of the day, what's your favourite sandwich? like, type of bread, white/brown, fillings, the way the sandwich it's cut etc.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Question of the day, what's your favourite sandwich? like, type of bread, white/brown, fillings, the way the sandwich it's cut etc.

Hmmm, important question. tbh I'm a bit of a whore, if I'm eating something between bread, I'd usually prefer the M&S Chicken and Bacon sarnie, or maybe even a subway BMT on herb and cheese. If I HAVE to make it myself then I'll probably make a cheese toastie.

In my last job I had tuna mayo sandwiches on soya & lindseed bread for nearly 6 years. Yup...

8bit

Knows the Score

If it's Subway, Italian BMT on Cheese Oregano or Honey Oat, untoasted with everything and Oil/Vinegar/Salt/Pepper instead of the gloopy sauces.

Does O'Breins still exist? I used to go to the one just off George Square almost every day.

If I'm making it myself, usually cheese/ham/coleslaw/mustard or brie & black grape.

Hmm, depends on the mood. I generally prefer soft white bread, cheese and marmite is always a winner, but cheese and jam is also good. Banana sandwiches are nice.

I think the best sandwich I ever made was lightly toasted white bread, tuna and mayo, grated cheese, sliced tinned new potatoes, and ham.

Morning y'all. Had a pleasant day off yesterday recovering from the Superbowl, watching Zero Dark Thirty and having sushi for dinner. Reading the superbowl/rugby mini-debate/rant here was a good laugh. I never see it happen with baseball and cricket strangely enough. And if you thought merely watching the superbowl was a traitorous act then you should've seen the guys covering themselves with the US flag and singing the the US anthem in glaswegian accents. Surreal.

Depends. If I'm in Subway, it's a double meat BMT on hearty Italian with spicy cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, sweetcorn, chipotle sauce and black pepper. Can't go wrong for four quid.

Also, the classic club sarnie is always a hit with me. The best one (I say one, I had it every fucking day) I ever had was in Sissi, Crete. Fucking gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom