• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Excel Saga is brilliant, but only if you've seen a broad range of anime beforehand. Every episode is a parody of a different genre and tropeset.

Unfortunately, they run out of ideas about 12 episodes in, and the series quickly devolves in quality after that. They then get very meta and the characters become self aware that certain events are happening solely to 'prop' up the series as the creators run out of ideas, which was cute but didn't save it.

That might've been my main reason for not enjoying it as I had a narrow-minded idea of what anime was.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I keep hearing about this Ni No Kuni butI have no idea what it is. I'm guessing it's an RPG. I listened to them talk about it for half an hour on Weekend Confirmed too. Apparently the endgame is hard, but I still don't know what it IS. But it's on PS3 so I don't really need to know either... I'm happy with the brain storage space I'm saving by not knowing.

That Derrick01 seriously rustles my jimmies. Does he even like anything? If he won a million pounds, would he sigh and whine "It should have been two million. One million is just too simple"?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh god, I hate when people don't commit to a movie they're watching

I know! Drives me mad. Once got in a big fight with the mrs because we wouldn't stop in the middle of a movie to go do naughties. Not making the same mistake again though, I paused the film on saturday and went quick, awww yeah. :D

Hystzen

TYNQl.gif

man some of the gaming threads are full of such amazing whining

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As a result of these four [high review scores], the game is launching with an average score of 91

Source

Ignore the reviews you don't like and make an acceptable average. MATHS!

Metacritic (yes I know) has it currently on 79.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
wtf are you doing posting during a movie boy? Movies are txt and web free zones. You'll never cry properly now.

Its netflix, it's different

I watch netflix whilst playing sandbox's and posting on GAF
30wphfo.jpg.gif

Source

Ignore the reviews you don't like and make an acceptable average. MATHS!

Metacritic (yes I know) has it currently on 79.

I think it looks shit, its just another shoot em up now, i mean i will buy it and play the shit out of it, but it just looks like the horror has been sucked out of it

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I keep hearing about this Ni No Kuni butI have no idea what it is. I'm guessing it's an RPG.

You'll be right. It's a collaboration between Studio Ghibli (Portal To A Bath House, Pig Pilot, The Castle That Walked) and Level 5 (Dragon Quest MXIXIXIXXCCMXLIII, Professor Layton Blows Your Mind). They've pretty much captured the Ghibli spirit, and the music score is done by Joe Hisaishi . It's kind of a big deal if you love Ghibli films and Japanese RPGs, also your companion Drippy is VERY Welsh!

Look away if you're not fond of JRPG turn based battling

noffles

Banned
You'll be right. It's a collaboration between Studio Ghibli (Portal To A Bath House, Pig Pilot, The Castle That Walked) and Level 5 (Dragon Quest MXIXIXIXXCCMXLIII, Professor Layton Blows Your Mind). They've pretty much captured the Ghibli spirit, and the music score is done by Joe Hisaishi . It's kind of a big deal if you love Ghibli films and Japanese RPGs, also your companion Drippy is VERY Welsh!

Welsh? I heard he was like a Scottish uncle but without the swearing or the violent threats.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Well I love old JRPGs and have a soft spot for Ghibli so I probably would enjoy it. Ho hum :|

So my gf and I don't usually do valentines day but this year she has been under a lot of pressure with work so I'm going to surprise her with it.

What's the word on valentines day gifts, the only thing I can think of is sexy lingerie and a meal out to a fancy restaurant.

Rubbish King

Seanbob11

So my gf and I don't usually do valentines day but this year she has been under a lot of pressure with work so I'm going to surprise her with it.

What's the word on valentines day gifts, the only thing I can think of is sexy lingerie and a meal out to a fancy restaurant.

Jewels? That's my go to.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

You're gonna wear lingerie? Bold move, man.

Not only is it valentines day, it's mine and the missus' 8th anniversary. Double present duty.

Ah man, that got me good.

My Gf gets a card and we go out for a meal but never on Valentine's day. I had to endure that set menu on the day bullshit for the first couple of years but then she came around to my way of thinking.

Rubbish King

Oh yeah. Valentine's Day. ...That's a thing.

:/

I know that feel, bro

Honestly it's just a normal day to me, i dont feel any different, i know alot of people get upset about being single or whatever, I just hate it when my Facebook blows up with pictures of people i hate being all fucking loveydovey

Hopefully my new facebook will prevent this

Mikeside

This is my first valentines as a singleton in er....10 years?

Bah.

My birthday tomorrow, by the way :) (No GIFs please, this is BritGAF)

I can't speak for any other woman, but flowers sent to my place of work would be awesome (women like to flaunt). It'll never happen because my boyfriend doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. I've booked us in at prezzo as it's 20 yards from our flat.

Fancy restaurant (not Wagas) is always good. I feel that sexy lingerie is more a present for the guy, so I'd go for something more along the jewelled line.

This is my first valentines as a singleton in er....10 years?

Bah.

My birthday tomorrow, by the way :) (No GIFs please, this is BritGAF)

Happy birthday for tomorrow fella, in case I forget.

Suairyu

Banned

Sexy lingerie is great, but has an inherent element of "I bought this as much for me as I did for you."

Call her boss and ask if you can secretly arrange to pick her up from work early. Take her somewhere fun (cinema, bowling, fun fare, art/craft workshop), then to a lovely dinner, finally with a nice moonlit walk down some oldy-worldy streets or along the waterfront or whatever.

Doesn't have to be perfect - you've just arranged to get her out of work early with her boss. Everything after that is bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom