• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

I'm worried over that because Edge is normally correct when comes to console info but on other hand I don't think Microsoft that stupid

Mikeside

Ehh, I know I should care because "MY CONSUMER RIGHTS!!!" and all that, but I never buy used games and I really don't give a shit.

That being said, unless Microsoft brings out some fantastic exclusive games, I'll have a hard time convincing myself I want one.

noffles

Banned

I signed that waaaaaay back in 2012. Eurogamer is amazing every year and I'll miss it like shit if it has to go elsewhere (read: outside of London).

Also, fuck Microsoft. They're not getting my money if they're going to pull that shit. No used games I can deal with, but fuck paying for something that demands stable internet all the time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You will care when the Internet goes down over a weekend and you can't play any of your games because the authentication process can't go through.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yup, PC gamers complained when games like Assassins Creed, Diablo and Starcraft needed an online connection to play. You think parents with hyped up tweens are going to keep their mouths shut about this when a server goes down?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
They can't be that daft. I know Capcom's been trying it on with their 3DS carts but blocking the second hand market is like sitting on a claymore.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
holy shit, I just put Jedeye's mix on, not realizing how loud I had my speakers, then couldn't find the volume control in the panic that followed.

Holy shit.

lololol :D

Here's the incredibly self indulgent liner notes btw: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46751011/On Mixtapes.pdf

Hey Iapetus if you're still reading the thread - what's the final word from the mods on linking to these mixes? PMs are a bit of a pain in the bum, can we link in the thread?

For now, if anyone else wants a copy, PM me.

Mr. Sam

Second hand games are basically the only way I can afford being a (console) gamer, so that would be pretty disastrous for me. Plus, my internet is pretty shitty. Bad news all around.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ehh, I know I should care because "MY CONSUMER RIGHTS!!!" and all that, but I never buy used games and I really don't give a shit.

That being said, unless Microsoft brings out some fantastic exclusive games, I'll have a hard time convincing myself I want one.

I don't often buy used games, but I do swap and borrow from friends fairly often. I really hope this isn't true, I've invested a lot of time and money in the xbox platform, I'd rather not have to swtich platforms.

Suairyu

Banned
I seriously doubt it will be always online. Worldwide infrastructure is just not there.

If it is, I can say with 100% certainty I will not be getting one. Same goes for PS4. I will go PC and handheld only from that moment on.

Yup, PC gamers complained when games like Assassins Creed, Diablo and Starcraft needed an online connection to play. You think parents with hyped up tweens are going to keep their mouths shut about this when a server goes down?
Starcraft isn't always-online and Diablo has a good reason* for its always-online DRM.

*I'm not saying it's a good enough reason, but it's a good reason all the same. Ubi never even had that.

f0rk

Always online doesn't really bother me that much as I've never had particularly dodgy internet, but at the same time if it does go down and I'm bored I'll play on my PS3 lol. Honestly I think the future should be constantly connected and people should be mad at the ISPs rather than the companies trying to actually use the internet. Maybe (hopefully) it will be realistic for the PS5/xbox1080

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Constantly connected if fine when it's used for good i.e. Miiverse posts appearing in game. However all this is being used for is an inconvenience.

And it's an inconvenience to the average Joe as well. I'm sure they'll notice rather quickly they can't buy second hand games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh and in other news, Kojima is coming to the UK. Apparently he will be doing a signing at Westfield's GAME. I hope you rike it.

Hystzen

Oh and in other news, Kojima is coming to the UK. Apparently he will be doing a signing at Westfield's GAME. I hope you rike it.

I want to spend a day inside his wonderful brain

lololol :D

Here's the incredibly self indulgent liner notes btw: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46751011/On Mixtapes.pdf

Hey Iapetus if you're still reading the thread - what's the final word from the mods on linking to these mixes? PMs are a bit of a pain in the bum, can we link in the thread?

For now, if anyone else wants a copy, PM me.

I just noticed mine are on my mac desktop not in the folder will have to upload them when at home not using uni internet

Always online doesn't really bother me that much as I've never had particularly dodgy internet, but at the same time if it does go down and I'm bored I'll play on my PS3 lol. Honestly I think the future should be constantly connected and people should be mad at the ISPs rather than the companies trying to actually use the internet. Maybe (hopefully) it will be realistic for the PS5/xbox1080

It really depends on the usage scenario, if it is my worst nightmare and MS are using an always on connection and Kinect to spy on people's living rooms then that's not good. If always on is for access to a browser at any time, or for stuff like Skype/Viber then it's different. However, I, as the consumer, should be given the choice as to whether I want to leverage their always on functionality.

I know Sony aren't doing always online for PS4, so it makes my next gen decision academic. As for used games, I'm in two minds, I don't really buy used games, but used game competition is the only thing keeping publishers honest right now in terms of pricing. Stuff like online passes don't bother me, I can understand that publishers want to recoup some of their server related costs from second hand buyers, but I think stopping second hand games from working altogether would lead to price rises across the board as a massive competitor just disappears.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Jed, im packing my cds and games and memory stuff up to Clarm,Crab,Cockle,Cowrie...

You making me tear up mang

Oh and now Just a Lady!

You're making me depressed man!!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jed, im packing my cds and games and memory stuff up to Clarm,Crab,Cockle,Cowrie...

You making me tear up mang

Oh and now Just a Lady!

You're making me depressed man!!

haha! That's the idea brah. It's all about the rollercoaster of emotions. It'll pick up in a sec.

Rubbish King

First box packed... shit man this sucks

The dust is making me all coughy n sneezey

Observe my first box packing, i documented as it's as my first dang box >.<

20130206_131045_zps5d5d5937.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
I have Miyamoto's, but everyone has his, even my mother.

I don't :<

I already have a signed copy of Peace Walker on the PSP but I want Kojima to sign my copy of Snatcher. Knowing GAME, they'll probably force me to buy a copy of Metal Gear Rising there and then even though I've already got it preordered. sigh

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The thing that stands out to me is the boxed copy of Doom 3. Like... why?

The re-release? Tash is little, he was like 10 when it came out.

I quite fancy getting the re-release, I've not played it since it came out. I remember it being scary.

Rubbish King

The thing that stands out to me is the boxed copy of Doom 3. Like... why?
Because I like hd re-releases :p

halo 4? far cry 3? boarderlands 2? batman films?

you really are kentpaul 2.0
Am i really going to have to assassinate him to stop these horrendous allegations
Dude, we coulda played some halo together. hit me up when you're settled.

Co-signed!
sounds awesome breh! Hopefully I shall find my headset whilst dismantling my room :D
The re-release? Tash is little, he was like 10 when it came out.

I quite fancy getting the re-release, I've not played it since it came out. I remember it being scary.

I remember when it came out! It was awweeeooooome!

Me and my friend used to play it on his dads computer, it was glorious

My pc could barely run it...though it did well with CS/DoD

iapetus

Scary Euro Man

I'm thinking it would probably be frowned upon - runs foul of the same sort of issue as magazine scans etc. - if anyone noticed we'd be in trouble if we'd permitted it, sort of thing. Utterly mad, but there you go.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm thinking it would probably be frowned upon - runs foul of the same sort of issue as magazine scans etc. - if anyone noticed we'd be in trouble if we'd permitted it, sort of thing. Utterly mad, but there you go.

No probs man, we don't wanna get no-one in trouble, we'll stick to the sidelines and backalleys for our dirty deals.

PM me for music, people. And drugs. Aw yeah.

Rubbish King

clearing up through old magazines

counted out
- 32 nuts and zoo magazines

- 15 kerrangs i think...some of them i cant tell if they're the entire issue or part of another one

- 2 FHMs (One for the calendar)

- 8 misc gaming mags

-Im still looking around for the top gears but i think its around the 20 mark....

How do you dispose of this shit?!

Or should i keep them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom