• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Trying in vain to find some songs for a valentines mixtape. I used to make them every year but after 7 years I ran out of songs somewhat, and I lost all my old ones in a catastrophic data loss incident. If you lot were making an alternative-skewed lovemix, what would you put on there?

From top of my head

Aerosmith - You know which track they made that whole film Armageddon as its music video
A Day To Remember - monument
A loss for words - Jetsetter
Muse- Endlessly
Desire- Under Your Spell
Killswitch engage - Rose of Sharyn
Blink 182 - Always

SKINNER!

Banned

noffles

Banned
I knew it! Didn't I say! It is, isn't it noffles

She's pretty average looking, I've known her since college but we didn't really speak much until our last year so it's not a 'friendzone for years' situation, I don't really like her because she has a boyfriend and a bottled up jealously complex, which is unattractive and scary as fuck. She's more like the friend you drink and watch shitty movies with.

So no, it's not my friend who I mentioned on passing that one isolated time. Sorry to disappoint you, Green Musha.

Mikeside

From top of my head

Aerosmith - You know which track they made that whole film Armageddon as its music video
A Day To Remember - monument
A loss for words - Jetsetter
Muse- Endlessly
Desire- Under Your Spell
Killswitch engage - Rose of Sharyn
Blink 182 - Always

Mine probably aren't Sniv-friendly but fuck it, I'm going to valentines you, GAF.

Iron & Wine - Such Great Heights
Hellogoodbye - When We First Met
Noah and the Whale - 2 Atoms in a Molecule
Bright Eyes - Perfect Sonnet
Say Anything - Baseball but Better
An Angle - Today I Saw Your Face
Aqualung - Strange & Beautiful
Death Cab for Cutie - Passenger Seat
The Honorary Title - Revealing Too Much
Arctic Monkeys - Baby, I'm Yours (Barbara Lewis cover)

Oh wow that's terrible. So emo and desperate. I'd like to think I'd never send that to anyone. I totally would've done about 8-10 years ago, though.

Oh are we doing this? We're doing this.

Doing what?
Legend.

Mikeside

I just realized I never did one of these...

Where do you live: Huddersfield/Scunthorpe
Where are you from: Derbyshire
University: University of Huddersfield
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Nadda
Current political party of choice: None, they all suck. In a pinch, Labour I guess
Favourite (current) UK TV show: The Thick of It
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: New Girl
CBBC or CITV: CBBC. Dick and Dom for life.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Mine probably aren't Sniv-friendly but fuck it, I'm going to valentines you, GAF.

Iron & Wine - Such Great Heights
Hellogoodbye - When We First Met
Noah and the Whale - 2 Atoms in a Molecule
Bright Eyes - Perfect Sonnet
Say Anything - Baseball but Better
An Angle - Today I Saw Your Face
Aqualung - Strange & Beautiful
Death Cab for Cutie - Passenger Seat
The Honorary Title - Revealing Too Much
Arctic Monkeys - Baby, I'm Yours (Barbara Lewis cover)

Oh wow that's terrible. So emo and desperate. I'd like to think I'd never send that to anyone. I totally would've done about 8-10 years ago, though.

Doing what?
Legend.

I think I have given a bad impression of my music tates, those are some nice tunes there. I think I've used the Iron and Wine before on a mix for her but I might use it again since those are all lost. I'm making a kinda 'history of us' mix with a bit of a narrative to it, so far I have:

Black Keys - Lonely Boy
Ramones - I wanna be your Boyfriend
My girl
Grinderman - Worm Tamer
Feist - the park (might change it though)
Everclear - the good witch of the north

Need some more songs about fucking I think. What's that really dirty Ludacris track? Might use Regina Spektor's Us at the end as a 500 Days reference. Need an Eels song in there too, might use Good Old Days.

I love mixtapes as you can tell.

Hystzen

I think I have given a bad impression of my music tates, those are some nice tunes there. I think I've used the Iron and Wine before on a mix for her but I might use it again since those are all lost. I'm making a kinda 'history of us' mix with a bit of a narrative to it, so far I have:

Black Keys - Lonely Boy
My girl
Grinderman - Worm Tamer

Need some more songs about fucking I think. What's that really dirty Ludacris track? Might use Regina Spektor's Us at the end as a 500 Days reference. Need an Eels song in there too, might use Good Old Days.

Nine Inch nails- Closer

f0rk

Black Keys - Lonely Boy
My girl
Grinderman - Worm Tamer

Pusha T's verse on Runaway is pretty romantic
Every Weeknd song is about fucking
This Kanye song is suitable
"She call me the referee cos I be so official // my shirt ain't got no stripes but I can make that pussy whistle"

Mikeside

I just realised you all suck

:( Bro, what? :(

Black Keys - Lonely Boy
My girl
Grinderman - Worm Tamer

I was thinking of putting 'Us' in my list, but I've never really been 100% sure of what the fuck it means. To me it's about young love - live hard, die fast, but I wouldn't put it on a lovey themed mixtape without feeling stronger about it.

Am I the only person who wants a full album in the style of Crash and the Boys from the Scott Pilgrim movie?
I fucking love We Hate You Please Die

Suairyu

Banned
Am I the only person who wants a full album in the style of Crash and the Boys from the Scott Pilgrim movie?
I want all the bands to have full albums, but then I'd essentially be asking for more Metric and Beck, which I can get anyway.

Loved the styles they adopted for the film, though. It's some good listening.

Mikeside

Go wash the eyeliner off bro time to lose that emo phase

What?!
That song is so awesome. It's got immediacy, a great bassline, it's fuzzy and grimy as fuck & the vocals are great.

it's also a shame that they didn't put The Clash at Demonhead version of Black Sheep on the album - such a good version

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
:( Bro, what? :(

I was thinking of putting 'Us' in my list, but I've never really been 100% sure of what the fuck it means. To me it's about young love - live hard, die fast, but I wouldn't put it on a lovey themed mixtape without feeling stronger about it.

I think Us is about the mythologising of a relationship, all the stuff about statues, they were so awesome that people made a statue to celebrate them. The 500 Days soundtrack is kinda a bittersweet unofficial lovemix that I gave her one year. I love that cover of here comes your man.

EDIT: I think I might use that Hall and Oakes song.

And yeah, the Crash songs are badass :) Broken Social Scene reprazent!

Go wash the eyeliner off bro time to lose that emo phase

You never grow out of being a early 2000s emo, it's baked into your soul.

Mikeside

I think Us is about the mythologising of a relationship, all the stuff about statues, they were so awesome that people made a statue to celebrate them. The 500 Days soundtrack is kinda a bittersweet unofficial lovemix that I gave her one year. I love that cover of here comes your man.

EDIT: I think I might use that Hall and Oakes song.

And yeah, the Crash songs are badass :) Broken Social Scene reprazent!

You never grow out of being a early 2000s emo, it's baked into your soul.

I just got a copy of This Movie is Broken - am expecting it to touch me deep in my soul & possibly my trousers.

Yeah, you never grow out of being an origemo.

Clicked hoping for God's Beard Italian Foooooooooooood, left disappointed :(

The night before Valentine's Day? That's awesome!

Yep. 3 courses, a bottle of wine plus a couple of cocktails are usually included when she's reviewing places so I'm looking forward to it.

The first time she went to review somewhere it was incredibly awkward as we had no idea of the etiquette but are getting to be old hands at it now.

Hystzen

Man I need buy my Download Festival ticket but Metal Gear Rising drops next week....ughhhhhhh

538161_10151243112500703_1824329777_n.jpg

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask, but I'm looking for restaurant recommendations from London-gaf. Going to a show with my sister in a few weeks, we're staying in the Shoreditch area so somewhere to eat round there or near Victoria Station would be good. Not looking for anything too fancy as I'm a (relatively) poor student but somewhere classier than Mcdonalds plz. Pub grub is fine as long as it's tasty! Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom