• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Happy crywank day you lovely cunts :)

Day has started well, got a text from the mrs to say the mixtape made her cry on the bus, win #1. Soon she'll get the flowers and chocs as well, I'm earning major points today. Not that I'll get to cash them in till saturday due to being a busy bassist but still. Today is a good day.

Got a lovely card, a cuddly toy and a beautiful bunch of flowers. Plus had a pretty good band rehearsal last night. Everything is so peachy!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
crap, I forgot about a card :| I think I got away with it.

I know the day is just a big commercial clusterfuck but I do like it. I'm a soppy bugger so any excuse to wear my heart on my sleeve is good by me.

btw noffles I love your new avatar treatment

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Hanging like Fuuuck.. That's the most I've drank in a while

Hate it when you forget to put your phone on charge so you have to have to save battery for the journey home.. On fifteen percent.. Probably going to have to turn of mobile data

i am discussing videogames over the internet with people who have no idea what they're on about while sipping on a can of cidre

this is my life
I think you mean this IS the life

Edit:eek:h yeah, Mikeside I forgot about our meetup for the mutual crywank day, guess ill see you next year

Mikeside

I feel like I could probably hook up with Casey tonight if I send a text to see what she's up to, but it's a little daunting doing that today of all days.

Being that I've not established any kind of "I wanna be on you" motive yet (as we've only met up once), is today a good day to make that clear?
I'm thinking probably not - it's too strong a message if it comes today. I might just send a jokey "Happy Valentines Day" text and see how it goes...

noffles

Banned
I think you mean this IS the life

But I really should be reading books... and shit.

I feel like I could probably hook up with Casey tonight if I send a text to see what she's up to, but it's a little daunting doing that today of all days.

Being that I've not established any kind of "I wanna be on you" motive yet (as we've only met up once), is today a good day to make that clear?
I'm thinking probably not - it's too strong a message if it comes today. I might just send a jokey "Happy Valentines Day" text and see how it goes...

"ayyyy guuuuuurl you fiiiiiiiiiiine im free tonite wbu xx ;)"

btw noffles I love your new avatar treatment

So do I. I might just do a new one every 2 months or something.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

If there's ever a day you get get away with a straight up booty call, it's today. Is this the old flame? Did you guys, y'know, do it before? if no, say "Hey girl, how come we never fooled around?" or if yes say "hey girl, I was just thinking about you, fancy a drink later?"

Mikeside

If there's ever a day you get get away with a straight up booty call, it's today. Is this the old flame? Did you guys, y'know, do it before? if no, say "Hey girl, how come we never fooled around?" or if yes say "hey girl, I was just thinking about you, fancy a drink later?"

Well, we were really good friends and she put out a LOT of hints which I didn't realize were hints until a couple of years ago, long after the fact. I might just send the text "Happy Valentines - are you being wined and dined tonight?" and if she's got no plans, I'll jump in and make one. Clear enough message, I think?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
THIS

So some twat put the hoover on my lovely posters and have creased them all, i was so angry i picked up the arm thing and slammed it on the floor

the thing is i regretted it instantly, i didnt want to break it...i dont know what i was expecting was going to happen when i slammed it on the ground...

yay impulse control! :D

Well, we were really good friends and she put out a LOT of hints which I didn't realize were hints until a couple of years ago, long after the fact. I might just send the text "Happy Valentines - are you being wined and dined tonight?" and if she's got no plans, I'll jump in and make one. Clear enough message, I think?

Thinking leads to paralysis. Just do it, mane.

My freebie meal last night was quite nice, would definitely recommend giving the place (St James, Crouch End) a go if you're in the area. Not stunning but nice. Main gripes would be that my gf's scallops were slightly overdone and the dessert was a little lame. My terrine starter was delicious and my roast pheasant main was pretty good too. The restaurant owner was what a restaurant owner should be ie an extremely jovial glorified maitre d'.

Mikeside

Thinking leads to paralysis. Just do it, mane.

My freebie meal last night was quite nice, would definitely recommend giving the place (St James, Crouch End) a go if you're in the area. Not stunning but nice. Main gripes would be that my gf's scallops were slightly overdone and the dessert was a little lame. My terrine starter was delicious and my roast pheasant main was pretty good too. The restaurant owner was what a restaurant owner should be ie an extremely jovial glorified maitre d'.

Love this - such a nice experience when the owner is filling this role properly & making everyone feel welcome.

Though there's a Chinese restaurant in Crowthorne where the owners are SO fuckin' chatty. Whenever I used to go there she'd spend half the night stood next to the table trying to chat while her husband would be serving food and drinks & commenting on EVERYTHING YOU ORDER.

I took a girl there once and it was so embarrassing - I might as well have taken her to my nan's for Sunday lunch it was so bad.

Edit: I just remembered that about 5 or 6 years ago on Valentines, I took my then fiancée, Laura out for dinner, after I dropped her off, Casey and I went to McDonald's for milkshakes & talked about how badly I needed to get rid of Laura. Christ, I'd totally forgotten about that.

SteveWD40

Now we play the waiting game.

20090416.gif

Rubbish King

Sent.
Now we play the waiting game.

Tash, anger issues. Have you destroyed the hoover?
With such an in intensity henry hoovers all over the nation felt its pain
yay impulse control! :D
She had a massive go at me this morning on the phone, so i was pretty irritable already

she was talking about how i dont treat things well

Come home

someones done that

im the villan

i havent helped my case though...now ive got superglue all over my hands and a still broken hoover

I need to find the duct tape

Love this - such a nice experience when the owner is filling this role properly & making everyone feel welcome.

Though there's a Chinese restaurant in Crowthorne where the owners are SO fuckin' chatty. Whenever I used to go there she'd spend half the night stood next to the table trying to chat while her husband would be serving food and drinks & commenting on EVERYTHING YOU ORDER.

I took a girl there once and it was so embarrassing - I might as well have taken her to my nan's for Sunday lunch it was so bad.

Edit: I just remembered that about 5 or 6 years ago on Valentines, I took my then fiancée, Laura out for dinner, after I dropped her off, Casey and I went to McDonald's for milkshakes & talked about how badly I needed to get rid of Laura. Christ, I'd totally forgotten about that.

This owner got the balance just right and he didn't seem to be giving us extra attention just because he knew my gf was reviewing the place, he was like it with everybody.

With such an in intensity henry hoovers all over the nation felt its pain

She had a massive go at me this morning on the phone, so i was pretty irritable already

Come home

someones done that

im the villan

i havent helped my case though...now ive got superglue all over my hands and a still broken hoover

You have such an Emo teenage angsty outlook. The world is out to get you, nothing is ever your fault. I mean, you're annoyed because someone hoovered your posters.... really?? Posters? So you broke the Hoover in anger? I remember you saying before about breaking game controllers because you got annoyed with the game. You sound like you have anger management issues and you need to start keeping this in check before it escalates into something more serious. Grow up, and stop getting so melodramatic about miniscule bugbears.

Mikeside

This owner got the balance just right and he didn't seem to be giving us extra attention just because he knew my gf was reviewing the place, he was like it with everybody.

That's awesome - so they're getting a good review, then?

[clearly busted hoover]

I personally dont think she'll notice.....

Oh.........dude...

You have such an Emo teenage angsty outlook. The world is out to get you, nothing is ever your fault. I mean, you're annoyed because someone hoovered your posters.... really?? Posters? So you broke the Hoover in anger? I remember you saying before about breaking game controllers because you got annoyed with the game. You sound like you have anger management issues and you need to start keeping this in check before it escalates into something more serious. Grow up, and stop getting so melodramatic about miniscule bugbears.

B-GAFMum laying truth-bombs.

I think there's a moment when the parent-child dynamic suddenly shifts and you become more like friends than anything. It happened to me when I moved out for the first time & it REALLY helped me to grow up and accept that I have to be a responsible adult in the world. I know people pushing 30 who still don't seem to be there yet, but it's a great moment when it happens.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Very true, the danger is always that he could become someone who hits people as well as breaks shit.

I dunno, I think I'm too materialistic, I would be upset if I broke something of mine.

I don't really think anything is worth getting that worked up about. But then again I'm a dirty stoner, my life is chiiiiill yo.

You could've left out the emo bit, most teenagers are irritating, angsty fuckwits. I know I was.

SteveWD40

K5kjZ.gif

Rubbish King

Hystzen I am now going to give feedback on your playlist..
It wont be great as im hungover as fuck, so there shall not be much detail

Living is a problem because everything dies - Biffy Clyro

Not my cup of tea, i like Biffy but this one wasnt for me

Space Dementia - Muse

Nice choice, I love this song, epic indeed

Machine Gun - Noisia

I enjoyed this, i've heard it before but didnt know what it was called or who it was by..

The River - Parkway Drive

Really good, totally grew on me with its cool riff at the start...although it does sound like that song by coldplay that i cant remember the name of... Only downside is the guitar solo for me was pretty weak... the bends with the Wah....man it kinda ruined it for me, but still, good song..probably going to learn it on guitar because it sounds fun to play

Sick,Sick,Sick - QOTSA

Interesting choice, this one is so Grohlish so i like it, really reminds me of All my life by the foo's at times, but also great song ^_^

Everytime - Yashin

Hmm, bit weird, not really a grower for me, bit cheesy

Widower - The Dillinger Escape Plan

Probably the weakest song for me, too random, kinda Mars Volta*ish but it just comes off as really messy and unorganised for me, i think the strange unpredictability just killed the flow

Bonfire - Childish Gambino

As I'm not a keen listener of rap I dont know what to say about this, dudes flow was good but after a while I got bored

MILF! - Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!

Ahaha, I like this, mainly because it's another one of them cheesy ass pop rock bands but i fucking love it none the less, love the cool synths and the guitar lines

Honeymoon Eyes - A Loss For Words

Another one.. Im okay with this, I enjoy them, I would say it's easy listening and i like it but it doesnt really get a reaction out of me, nor is it very memorable

Hole in the Earth - Deftones

Fucking yes!!!! I love this song

Quelle Surprise - Enter Shikari

Awesome.... "WE'RE SO FUCKIN' ADAPTABLE, CONTROVERTIBLE, DUCKIN' AND WEAVIN' FROM THE TROOOOOF" I love that line

The English Way - Fightstar

Busted

A Loss In The Ranks - Me Vs Hero

I like this song, really BoxCarRacer'y I was listening to this the other day, it was raining I was walking to the shop because the train was going to take ages... suddenly my mood completely changed... Ticket flew out of my hand... into a puddle, I started feeling sad about seeing a friend for the last time for a while...then towards the end I actually started to feel better about it and so yeah..this song got a pretty strong reaction outta me, so i liked it

Im not sure if that was the order they were supposed to be in because I accidentally pressed a button and they all changed and i couldn't remember how it was the first time..

Overall I really enjoyed the playlist and now have it on my phone ^_^

Woah, I just have a bad temper at times, I'm usually quite relaxed, also you have not met my mother, the posters probably cost me about 50 quid in all. It was totally irrational but i know that, I'm not crying about it listening to My Chemical Romance... Ofcourse I know it's my bleedin' fault that the hoovers broken, im just annoyed that when they notice they're not going to give a shit somebody fucked up my posters, which now all but one remain (Thank god it's my Radiohead one)

I did have anger management issues when I was younger but Im over it now and when I was talking about broken controllers most of these incidents were years ago, I'm alot better than I was, I dont personally think Im being melodramatic as such, i just think you're imagining my tone as being a whiney little bitch...im not typing this with a sad face, I'm just kinda saying it how it is.. Just to make it clear

With such an in intensity henry hoovers all over the nation felt its pain <-- Joke

This bit was like a nutshell thing of what happened.

Come home

someones done that

im the villan <--- I guess that would look melodramatic if percieved in the wrong way

i havent helped my case though...now ive got superglue all over my hands and a still broken hoover <-- I shared this so people can laugh at my stupidity

I typed all of this with no aggression, I kinda find it funny in a way....

But as much as I dont wanna offend you, i feel like you misread that and are kinda giving me shit for being a stereotypical grumpy ass teenager, I'm pretty sure every is at this stage, I just vent it here (Which I'll stop if it's a problem) so I can A: See if i'm the one being a cunt and B: Not taking it out on the people I'm angry at..

noffles

Banned
I once hugged the hoover at my friends' flat while stone cold pissed.

Fun times.

Also, stocked up on super noodles and pasta n sauce. I have about 7 of each now in various flavours. Yaldy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
guys shut up SYSTEM SHOCK 2 HAS BEEN RELEASED

pssssh, I still have the original CD on my shelf. That game looked really good when I last played it, the low detail textures have aged pretty well in a lot of cases. I remember the psychic monkeys scaring the shit out of me as a kid. This was perhaps the only time as a yoot that I managed to get on the ground floor of a legendary rare game. PC Zone made me buy it.

I never did finish it though, I always got to that manky infected ship and gave up. Three times.

I kinda need to play it again. Quite bad.

A glorious day.
I can't wait to finish Dead Space 3 and dive into a replay of SS2 - such a fantastic game.

Good idea, finish the poor man's version before diving into the real goods.

Mikeside

I'm kind of surprised at how much I enjoyed the beginning of Dead Space 3 last night.
I only played up to chapter 5 or 6, but it seems like I'll enjoy this just as much as DS2.

Nothing will ever touch Dead Space 1, though - such a perfect little gem.

noffles

Banned
I've been wanting to play SS2 ever since I heard about it back in 2007. Now I can...

Once I'm done with this 5 week period of 3 books a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom