• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Haha

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahaha *continued maniacal laughter*

Seriously, we're done with the Green Scar avatar joke now, you need to get your own.

edit: OK, it's looking like she's free tonight. Question is, do I buy a card and chocolates or is that too much for such a last-minute, spur of the moment V-day date? We're only going to be going to the pub for a couple of drinks

wakefield is a good place to go if you want to break up with someone.

Haha

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahaha *continued maniacal laughter*

Be still my American heart, be still.

1337250525166.gif

Well shit. xD

Hystzen

edit: OK, it's looking like she's free tonight. Question is, do I buy a card and chocolates or is that too much for such a last-minute, spur of the moment V-day date? We're only going to be going to the pub for a couple of drinks

No make it more relaxed and casual

need start making my lasgana for when Georgia comes around

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Nuts Posters: Serious Business.
Sounds like a title for a movie

No nononononono

Keep your cool bro, imagine if it was the other way around and a girl you asked to go for a drink brought you flowers and a card...

i think that works

Reknoc

That bad, huh?

My pulse rifle has a reflex sight attached. I spent 2 levels killing pretty much nothing but other humans. The last level I played had me sneak around blind Xeno's that explode if they get near a source of noise, which would have been alright (stupid xeno design aside) if I hadn't found out that if you don't move, even if they're rubbing their dick in your face, they won't be able to detect you at all. Which meant I could just run around like a lunatic and just stay still few a bit if they came near me.

My pulse rifle has a reflex sight attached. I spent 2 levels killing pretty much nothing but other humans. The last level I played had me sneak around blind Xeno's that explode if they get near a source of noise, which would have been alright (stupid xeno design aside) if I hadn't found out that if you don't move, even if they're rubbing their dick in your face, they won't be able to detect you at all. Which meant I could just run around like a lunatic and just stay still few a bit if they came near me.

They could have salvaged it if it turned out Weyland-Yutani had captured the marines and put them in a nonsensical VR coma.

Mikeside

It really doesn't sound difficult to make a good game based on the Alien franchise.

• Take away all the human bullshit politics
  • Only fighting against normal xenos, with the odd facehugger and maybe juvenile aliens to kill too - no blind exploding xeno bullshit and certainly no killing other humans
  • Aliens have to be super aggressive - if they're not totally hidden, they're fucking coming at you.
  • You're constantly vulnerable and shitting yourself, except for the brief time you're in the mech suit or if you have a smart gun (which wouldn't have much ammo), where you're a killing machine.

noffles

Banned
Awful, yet I feel like I must finish it.

You're lucky it's short. I had this mentality with Sticker Star in December. It's rare that I'll pick up a game and then immediately put it down less than 20 minutes later.

"Fuck this noise" was my choice phrase.

Reknoc

It really doesn't sound difficult to make a good game based on the Alien franchise.

• Only fighting against normal xenos, with the odd facehugger and maybe juvenile aliens to kill too - no blind exploding xeno bullshit and certainly no killing other humans
  • Aliens have to be super aggressive - if they're not totally hidden, they're fucking coming at you.
  • You're constantly vulnerable and shitting yourself, except for the brief time you're in the mech suit or if you have a smart gun (which wouldn't have much ammo), where you're a killing machine.

It's not. Like, Alien has been pretty lucky in terms of games. AvP and AvP2 were amazing, the new one was kinda alright, that DS one was supposed to be good. I know a lot of people have love for the PS1 and Jaguar games as well.

You're lucky it's short. I had this mentality with Sticker Star in December. It's rare that I'll pick up a game and then immediately put it down less than 20 minutes later.

I got past like 3 levels in Sticker Star and was all "fuck this shit".

Mikeside

Aww, I got that for Christmas and was planning on giving it a go very soon... that's put a downer on things :(

Why didn't you like it?

Hystzen

Hystzen I am now going to give feedback on your playlist..
It wont be great as im hungover as fuck, so there shall not be much detail

The River - Parkway Drive

Really good, totally grew on me with its cool riff at the start...although it does sound like that song by coldplay that i cant remember the name of... Only downside is the guitar solo for me was pretty weak... the bends with the Wah....man it kinda ruined it for me, but still, good song..probably going to learn it on guitar because it sounds fun to play

Everytime - Yashin

Hmm, bit weird, not really a grower for me, bit cheesy

Widower - The Dillinger Escape Plan

Probably the weakest song for me, too random, kinda Mars Volta*ish but it just comes off as really messy and unorganised for me, i think the strange unpredictability just killed the flow

Yashin is a britney Spears cover so it bound be cheesy

Now what is interesting is River and Widower comments i honestly expect most to like the songs other way around so people not keen on River but Widower they like. It unpredictable due to the genre of Mathcore/Math rock but what makes it different.

Lirlond

What I'd like to see in a survival horror/shooter is a squad system with good ai, who only stick with you as long as they survive. That way the better you act with your squad the easier later levels will be as you've got 4 or 5 dudes with guns instead of just yourself.

It'd work really well in an Aliens game.

Reknoc

What I'd like to see in a survival horror/shooter is a squad system with good ai, who only stick with you as long as they survive. That way the better you act with your squad the easier later levels will be as you've got 4 or 5 dudes with guns instead of just yourself.

It'd work really well in an Aliens game.

Didn't Brothers in Arms do something similar to this?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Seriously, we're done with the Green Scar avatar joke now, you need to get your own.

Subvert it - a daisy and a kitkat.

Mikeside

Subvert it - a daisy and a kitkat.

BUT WHICH KITKAT!?!?! THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM NOW!

Nope, I definitely need to suggest we grab a milkshake on the way home, though. If nothing else, the McDonald's car park should be a delightfully non-Valentine's Day place to make out.

noffles

Banned
Aww, I got that for Christmas and was planning on giving it a go very soon... that's put a downer on things :(

Why didn't you like it?

I could write paragraphs about this, but instead I'll say this:

Some bosses require items not found on the critical path to defeat.

THAT kind of bullshit just doesn't stand.

Hystzen

They should just really cut down on the Xeno in general you can be scared of something you've killed like 20+ times. Have the game use tension against you like walking into hallways with holes in ceiling you expect them to come out , use motion tracker to send off some pings then....nothing happens. Make it pure horror like old school Dino Crisis 1 or RE1 maybe with Dead Space 1 (2 is a shooting game) atmosphere them whispers fuck you up when its 3am

BUT WHICH KITKAT!?!?! THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM NOW!

Nope, I definitely need to suggest we grab a milkshake on the way home, though. If nothing else, the McDonald's car park should be a delightfully non-Valentine's Day place to make out.

If it has a playplace, do it there. Nothing more fun that making out in the ball pit.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Yashin is a britney Spears cover so it bound be cheesy

Now what is interesting is River and Widower comments i honestly expect most to like the songs other way around so people not keen on River but Widower they like. It unpredictable due to the genre of Mathcore/Math rock but what makes it different.

Yeah, I mean I listen to Mars Volta on occasion who in there later stuff did the same kinda thing... I didnt like that
Although i like some of their stuff where they just go nuts out of the blue

damn i wish id put this in my playlist...

I think it just sounded cluttered at times, just random samples setting off at certain intervals...also the piano didnt really sound like it fit at times, dont get me wrong, i see the artistic merit behind it... but my ears just didnt really like it...perhaps its a grower... won't know for a while.. though

Reknoc

I could write paragraphs about this, but instead I'll say this:

Some bosses require items not found on the critical path to defeat.

THAT kind of bullshit just doesn't stand.

I didn't get far enough to have that problem. I just really hated the combat and how everything was tied to an item, it meant combat was mostly meaningless and was just risk and lacked any reward.

Hystzen

Yeah, I mean I listen to Mars Volta on occasion who in there later stuff did the same kinda thing... I didnt like that
Although i like some of their stuff where they just go nuts out of the blue

damn i wish id put this in my playlist...

I think it just sounded cluttered at times, just random samples setting off at certain intervals...also the piano didnt really sound like it fit at times, dont get me wrong, i see the artistic merit behind it... but my ears just didnt really like it...perhaps its a grower... won't know for a while.. though

The other stuff is more fucked up but glorious

It only adds to the mystique of it all.

Like a true Char going after them young'uns

noffles

Banned
I didn't get far enough to have that problem. I just really hated the combat and how everything was tied to an item, it meant combat was mostly meaningless and was just risk and lacked any reward.

BUT YOU GET COINS, MAN. THOSE THINGS ARE SO USEFUL WHEN YOU RUN OUT OF STICKERS!

but then you realise you'll never run out of stickers and most of the time the coins you get through unavoidable battles will probably get you by anyway

Chinner

Banned
im playing super mario kart. it owns. frankly if you want the definite mario kart games to play it would be super mario kario, mario kart super circuit and mario kart ds.

they all own.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
im playing super mario kart. it owns. frankly if you want the definite mario kart games to play it would be super mario kario, mario kart super circuit and mario kart ds.

they all own.
And Mario Kart 7 since they toned down a lot of items.

I notice that makes 3 of them handheld ones. Seems they go a bit party mad on the consoles.

Reknoc

I have ASRT on Steam, it's a'right, better than I was expecting but I wasn't expecting much. Tried to play it online once but the interface was so bad, I ended up having to play with Ralph because I didn't have chance to change my character.

Chinner

Banned
havent played mario kart 7, but yeah i'm confident its good. the real mario kart lineage continues on the handhelds, but yeah console versions are like the party versions

Mikeside

Anyone else near London going to Jedeye's gig tomorrow?
So far I think it's just me and JTourettes.

Also, I totally forgot we've got a dev in our midst now.
You'd love me even more if I told you that I bought it on Vita, then needed SOMETHING to justify having bought my WiiU so I've got it on there too.....now I'm looking at the Steam version and thinking...I mean, surely it's the best version, right?.....no, I shouldn't buy it.....but.....fuck it I probably will in the next Steam sale.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It will become a literal Mario Kart. Only Mario and only karts. Then no one can complain about an overpowered combo.

Suairyu

Banned
Real talk:

I prefer both Sonic Racing games to any Mario Kart game. Maybe except 7. Maybe.
Heartily agreed. Complete breath of fresh air the genre needed.

What kinda sick joke is this
Sonic Racing has super tight gameplay. Feels proper SEGA. It's the best in the genre in terms of controls.

It helps that it doesn't have the same bland aesthetic Mario Kart has kept since 64, too.

bikes were complete OP in the original though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is the demo of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed representative of the final game? I wasn't a fan of the handling but you can only play as Sonic in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom