• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
When most people say "dieting", they mean eating healthy but not to their caloric maintenance level so that they can shed body fat over a period of time.

"dieting" as in "eating well" is something we should all do by default anyway.

But to answer your question: no. At least, not in a hugely impactful way. You'd be surprised how few calories an hour cardio session actually burns. It can certainly help, but there's a reason the saying goes "six packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym".

P.S. if you're not in good shape anyway, exercising every single day puts strain on your body. The body reacts to times of strain by chubbing up. So unless you're fairly fit with a body conditioned to it, 7-day-a-week training regimes can be counter productive.
I'm not massive but i got a beer belly on me.. I'm surprised how much a week of doing this has done though, the first jog i did was around 6K, fucking killed me, now i can do the first half only having to stop once for some water which is cool, lost a couple pounds i think.
So aslong as im chubby im alright to jog everyday right? :L
CHEEZMO™;48166140 said:
EDL demo in Manchester on the 2nd. Anyone in MancGAF want to go and throw a bottle of piss at them for me?
Isn't it just you and meadows there?

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO™;48166309 said:
Never heard back from the Beeb about that thing.
I didn't expect you too, but it's good practice for putting applications in.

Just apply apply apply. Like, as many jobs a day as you can. Even shitty bar work or cleaning. Get mad stacks asap.

So aslong as im chubby im alright to jog everyday right? :L
I honestly wouldn't recommend it. You're just knackering your knees and ankles and you'll likely give yourself an injury.

If you want to exercise every day, best thing to do would be to alternate jogging days with resistance days. Something like this:

Day 1 - jogging
Day 2 - pushups, pullups, situps, and squats
Day 3 - jogging
Day 4 - pushups, pullups, situps, and squats
Day 5 - jogging
Day 6 - pushups, pullups, situps, and squats
Day 7 - rest

You'll get fantastic results in a couple of months if you actually stick to that along with a good diet.

SKINNER!

Banned
Tash, your exercising is good. Keep that up and just cut back on the beer and junk shit to once a week (as a treat after a week's hard work) and you'll be fine. Its 50% eating healthy and 50% exercise.

Also, the EDL are such a nuisance. There's a difference between loving your country and being a racist twat. If it were not for cultural diversity then we wouldn't have cool foods, drinks, items to use.

Rubbish King

Okay shorty :D
I didn't expect you too, but it's good practice for putting applications in.

Just apply apply apply. Like, as many jobs a day as you can. Even shitty bar work or cleaning. Get mad stacks asap.

Yeah Cheez, we in the same boat, apply to every fucking job you think will be even half decent at, I applied to a fucking burger king the other day

Day 1 - jogging
Day 3 - jogging
Day 5 - jogging
Day 7 - rest

You'll get fantastic results in a couple of months if you actually stick to that along with a good diet.
Okay.. I'll do this from tomorrow, see how it feels

Suairyu

Banned
Don't jog, it'll fuck up your knees. Get a bike.
If he's going carefully and not over-training, with rest days, he'll be fine.

Tash - the key is to pace yourself and not try for too much progress too quickly. The accepted rule of thumb is to do no more than 10% extra this week than you did last week. Build slowly to avoid injury.

Hystzen

Rising is done 6hours+ with 37 deaths and a C rank on Hard. I wil take that was sure going have higher death count onto Very Hard

noffles

Banned
If you want to exercise every day, best thing to do would be to alternate jogging days with resistance days. Something like this:

Day 1 - jogging
Day 3 - jogging
Day 5 - jogging
Day 7 - rest

I might follow this. I'm good at hiding the chub, but I would like to one day be able to walk around shirtless without any shame.

In front of girls.

I am living with two girls next year.

I want to arouse people casually.

Rubbish King

If he's going carefully and not over-training, with rest days, he'll be fine.

Tash - the key is to pace yourself and not try for too much progress too quickly. The accepted rule of thumb is to do no more than 10% extra this week than you did last week. Build slowly to avoid injury.
Dont worry mum, im being careful ^^
I might follow this. I'm good at hiding the chub, but I would like to one day be able to walk around shirtless without any shame.

In front of girls.

lol

In front of girls.

Get down the gym: free weights, some cardio, with a high protein diet. Sorted.

Chinner

Banned
get to the gym, make sure you eat lots of protein, don't take illegal substances such as creatine and do bicep curls in the squat wrack.

Chinner

Banned
It is. My mate took too much, and his bicep literally exploded due to the excess water it built up in his muscle, during an intense bicep curl session. Blood everywhere. He finished the set though, that's what counts.

/bro science.

i once went into the gym toilets and i saw my mate doing lines of creatine on the toilet seat, i pleaded with him to stop; that he had a problem and needed help. he told me had it under control, but later on he got a upset stomach and a mild head-ache and had to leave the gym without finishing his bench.

i can barely look at him nowadays.

i once went into the gym toilets and i saw my mate doing lines of creatine on the toilet seat, i pleaded with him to stop; that he had a problem and needed help. he told me had it under control, but later on he got a upset stomach and a mild head-ache and had to leave the gym without finishing his bench.

i can barely look at him nowadays.

What a weak ass guy. Good thing you dropped him, he would have only slowed you down.

noffles

Banned
On a serious note, if I ever do bother signing up to my uni's gym, what kind of regime should I go for if I'm only trying to lose weight at first?

Hystzen

secret image of Green Scar found

Ga76rmq.png

On a serious note, if I ever do bother signing up to my uni's gym, what kind of regime should I go for if I'm only trying to lose weight at first?

Try the fitness thread.

I go three times a week: 15 minutes of cardio, followed by weights, split into three muscle groups for each visit. But I have different goals to you, so I doubt mine would really apply.

Me normally does no exercise and eats a lot of chocolate, cake, crisps, cheese, junk food etc.

So dieting for me means drinking only water, eating porridge, salad, yoghurt, meat, fish and vegetables. No potatoes, no fruit, whole grain rice only once a week, and nothing else. But I eat a lot of salad and veg because starving yourself doesn't work.

Also getting up a bit earlier to do 15 mins on the cross trainer every day, and push ups/sit ups/squats every evening.

Last year I lost a stone in 6-7 weeks. I've been lax recently and put on a few pounds. I'm 9st 13lbs now and I want to be 9 1/2 by my Mum's wedding, so I have 6lbs to loose in 4 weeks, fingers crossed shouldn't be a problem!

TCRS

Banned
man I hate that awkward feelig when the seat next to you on a bus is the only one left and no one wants to sit down...

Suairyu

Banned
Would look better with a Fedora.
No, fedoras have cool frames of reference (noir detectives, Indiana Jones etc.) Nerds look terrible in them, but at least there's a cultural logic to their trying.

This guy genuinely thinks he looks badass in a baseball cap worn by a 10 year old in a cartoon aimed at 5 year olds.

Think about that for a second.

No, fedoras have cool frames of reference (noir detectives, Indiana Jones etc.) Nerds look terrible in them, but at least there's a cultural logic to their trying.

This guy genuinely thinks he looks badass in a baseball cap worn by a 10 year old in a cartoon aimed at 5 year olds.

Think about that for a second.

I've never seen a Fedora look bad on anyone. That cap is so late 90s its untrue. Fedora is timeless.

I've never someone wearing a fedora who wasn't acting like he was incredibly aware that he was wearing a fedora

No-one can casually wear such a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom