• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
tashbrooke what do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?
I personally dont have an opinion...Because I don't think I have ever been there in my life, What's your opinion Chinner?
Hold up the name Tashbrooke comes from your real name being Thomas Lashbrooke?

I miss Kentpaul

What's wrong with that?

It actually was a nickname because I was the first kid in my year to grow bumfluff on my top lip

Went to Harvester

MAN THAT SHIT WAS GOOD

Now Im stupidly tired though

I bloody love a meal at Harvester. People always tend to look down on it a bit when talking of it, always wanting to go to Nandos, but damn it, I want choice. More than just chicken I'll get my unlimited salad (and it's not shitty leafy salad either), drink refills and a damn fine sundae.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I went to Mimosa last night and it was a bit underwhelming but the only place left in town where we could eat before the movie. It's a buffet thing and I ate so much I felt sick despite telling myself not to.

Saw Cloud Atlas afterwards and it was ... alright. I think the Mrs was a bit underwhelmed and I think most of my enjoyment came from having the greater context and fondness from the book already. A good looking movie though and it was fun. Halle Berry is frickin gorgeous in it and Hugh Grant was a surprise standout along with Jim Broadbent who is always great.

I say wait for the DVD so you can watch it in comfort.

Rubbish King

I bloody love a meal at Harvester. People always tend to look down on it a bit when talking of it, always wanting to go to Nandos, but damn it, I want choice. More than just chicken I'll get my unlimited salad (and it's not shitty leafy salad either), drink refills and a damn fine sundae.
I wish id got a sundae.. I think the chicken there is better than nandos tbh

the one in torquay is fucking awful, this southsea one on the otherhand.... Dayum
I'm in the Trocadero!

Man, what a dump!
what now?
I went to Mimosa last night and it was a bit underwhelming but the only place left in town where we could eat before the movie. It's a buffet thing and I ate so much I felt sick despite telling myself not to.

What kinda buffet?! You left out the main detail :p

Mikeside

The chicken in Nandos is fantastic, fuck the haters!

Also, they have macho peas (amazing), great sweet potato mash and the hummus and spicy nuts mix are both great too

noffles

Banned
I would but Ex Mrs Sandwich needed the bog and has chosen TGI Friday's golden throne across the road!
The Troc has certainly gone downhill since the 90s :-(

It used to be the best place in London for someone who enjoyed playing videogames. I wonder where the F-Zero AX machine went. That thing was amazing.

Mikeside

Is it though....really?

Yeah, so tasty!

I'm always torn between getting a chicken burger or just getting chicken.

The only shame is that the XXXXX hot sauce, whilst having a nice warmth to it (but still not being THAT spicy) loses a lot of flavour of the less spicy ones :(

I have a free whole chicken waiting to be redeemed from them. Hmmmmm... I think I have dinner set tonight.

Take me with you :(

Rubbish King

Yeah, so tasty!

The only shame is that the XXXXX hot sauce, whilst having a nice warmth to it (but still not being THAT spicy) loses a lot of flavour of the less spicy ones :(

The hot sauce sucks!

The chicken isnt bad...but to be the centre-piece of the restaurant..it has to be more than..... Pretty tasty

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
Yeah, so tasty!

Butterfly chicken all the way, but only with lemon and herb, as I'm lame.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
The people who have said about Harvester know what's up in this country. By far it's the stuff from the Gods from the salad bar alone. All that Crispy Onion and salad you can have before your main course in a lovely vintage style restaurant something truly awesome. Hell, the past four birthdays of mine (and will do it again for my 23rd in May) have been going there for a meal with friends and family. Love it <3

Mikeside

Yeah, Harvester is pretty awesome too.

Pizza Express doesn't get enough love these days, either.

Sloppy Giuseppe is such a great pizza.

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
I just had the worst dinner ever. The driest roast gammon, boiled parsnips, and burnt boiled potatoes (I didn't even think it was possible to burn boiled potatoes).

No I really wanna go out after all this talk of harvester and nandos.

noffles

Banned
Yeah, Harvester is pretty awesome too.

Pizza Express doesn't get enough love these days, either.

Sloppy Giuseppe is such a great pizza.

Me and a mate always get lunch at the Pizza Express in Earl's Court during Eurogamer. Sloppy Giuseppe is always my pizza of choice. Overpriced as all hell, but man is it good.

Mikeside

Me and a mate always get lunch at the Pizza Express in Earl's Court during Eurogamer. Sloppy Giuseppe is always my pizza of choice. Overpriced as all hell, but man is it good.

The ones at Eurogamer aren't fresh, so it's not quite as nice, but yeah - still fuckin' love the sloppy g.

SKINNER!

Banned
I found this to be an interesting article in the Independent, it reveals that British slave owners were compensated with up to the equivalent of £83m by the British Government when slavery was abolished.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ven-huge-payouts-after-abolition-8508358.html

That was a good read. Thanks for sharing.

Saw Cloud Atlas afterwards and it was ... alright. I think the Mrs was a bit underwhelmed and I think most of my enjoyment came from having the greater context and fondness from the book already. A good looking movie though and it was fun. Halle Berry is frickin gorgeous in it and Hugh Grant was a surprise standout along with Jim Broadbent who is always great.

I say wait for the DVD so you can watch it in comfort.

I was amazed at seeing Edinburgh and the Scott Monument. I've yet to climb it actually. What did you think of the ending?

Also, sorry to hear about your nan. I was just speaking to my grandmother on skype after the rugby game and we spoke for a good 10 minutes before she started asking if I had lunch, I replied back by saying that I haven't yet and she said she'll whip up a chicken sandwich. Thinking it was a joke I played along by saying ok and she went away to actually make one. My mum then later told me that grandma was disappointed that I didn't pick up the sandwich after I left her place. Nan thought I was speaking to her in person... :( I'm quite concerned about her now.

The boyfriend and his mate are about to start cooking my dinner, I love being waited on. I even refused to help with the washing up! Hurrah for lazy days.

Getting back on the diet and exercise tomorrow though :(

Rubbish King

We should all meet up at Eurogamer this year and get pizza together.
Me and a friend want to go for the full thing so id say
My mother. She cooks for me once a week, and she serves up this crap!

But you ate that shit all up and thanked her good n proper didnt you

The boyfriend and his mate are about to start cooking my dinner, I love being waited on. I even refused to help with the washing up! Hurrah for lazy days.

Getting back on the diet and exercise tomorrow though :(

How do you diet? I cant really figure it out... Do you do just eat special k for two of the three meals?

Mikeside

We should all meet up at Eurogamer this year and get pizza together.

Oh we're doing a Eurogamer meetup this year - last year it was just me and Spookie, everyone else bailed on it.

I think Musha thought I was trying to hit on her when I PMed her about it :/

But we should go and have a pub lunch instead, I think - that way we can have a couple of drinks and chat for an hour or two

Lirlond

Dieting is just eating less calories than you burn. Preferably healthy balanced meals but you can eat nothing but bacon and still be dieting. Lean meat, leafy veg and low carbs. Three Ls.

Rubbish King

Oh we're doing a Eurogamer meetup this year - last year it was just me and Spookie, everyone else bailed on it.

But we should go and have a pub lunch instead, I think - that way we can have a couple of drinks and chat for an hour or two

Sound awesome

What the fuck is lean meat

meat that leans

On the subject of leaning, you know that tower that leans....(pisa) did the architect mean for it to lean or did he fuck up at his job and manage to blag it

Mikeside

I'm pretty sure we still don't actually know for sure who the architect of the leaning tower of Pisa was.

But yeah, wiki that shit.

Pay attention to calories. Special K diet is pretty stupid, as it's basically just you starving yourself.

I hate how the use of the word diet has become this temporary thing whereby you don't eat crisps or drink beer for a few weeks, or some other fad crap, whilst doing no exercise expecting to lose pounds.

Suairyu

Banned
Diablo date went well. Nothing more romantic than killing things together.

Quoting to make it more visible so we can get some drama going.

How do you diet? I cant really figure it out... Do you do just eat special k for two of the three meals?
1 - Eat a little bit less than you normally do
2 - Exercise a little bit more than you normally do
3 - Drink lots of water

It isn't rocket science.

Get most of your calories from vegetables and lean meats. If you're going to have potato/pasta/rice/bread, make it sweet potato/brown rice/wholewheat pasta/rye bread, and have in small portions. Avoid fruit juice and soda.

Ta-da!

Rubbish King

Diablo date went well. Nothing more romantic than killing things together.

Quoting to make it more visible so we can get some drama going.

You bastard

Mike im playing this game of thrones facebook thing

The fuck is this where are the dinares Targariun nudes

1 - Eat a little bit less than you normally do
2 - Exercise a little bit more than you normally do
3 - Drink lots of water

It isn't rocket science.

Ta-da!
I worded that really strangely and it's totally not what i meant aha... The harvester has made me drowsy/dopey as fuck..

Dieting seems so impractical, especially if you live with people who aren't/dont want to diet..

Right now I exercise every morning for abou 45 minutes usually jogging, maybe some swimming tomorrow..I've cut out alcohol and junk food but I've also cut out smoking which apparently can make it easier to gain weight which sucks, cant you just do regular exercise and just eat well instead of dieting?
erm bro its well known fact that he built it leaning so that it would allow tourists to look like they're pushing it up in photographs

Thankyou Chinner, somebody with the ANSWERS

God fork

Mikeside

You bastard

Mike im playing this game of thrones facebook thing

The fuck is this where are the dinares Targariun nudes

Yeeeahhhh, a friend told me how fun that game is... I've tried it and it's just another one of those fucking Facebook games.

I need to stop listening to people's opinions on games, because they're ALWAYS wrong.

Rubbish King

Yeeeahhhh, a friend told me how fun that game is... I've tried it and it's just another one of those fucking Facebook games.

I need to stop listening to people's opinions on games, because they're ALWAYS wrong.

Did you ever play Mafia Wars? I used to fucking love that shit...I was like like level 250 or some shit, my mafia had people in the thousands...one day I changed the language on my facebook to spanish for no real reason and the app changed language...but i never got it to change back...

:(

But yeah no Dinares nudes means no sell today, it's quite shit, along with the *BUY BOOSTS TO MAKE YOU BETTER WITH REEEAL MONEY!*

no thankyou Zynga, please jog the fuck on

Suairyu

Banned
Right now I exercise every morning for abou 45 minutes usually jogging, maybe some swimming tomorrow..I've cut out alcohol and junk food but I've also cut out smoking which apparently can make it easier to gain weight which sucks, cant you just do regular exercise and just eat well instead of dieting?
When most people say "dieting", they mean eating healthy but not to their caloric maintenance level so that they can shed body fat over a period of time.

"dieting" as in "eating well" is something we should all do by default anyway.

But to answer your question: no. At least, not in a hugely impactful way. You'd be surprised how few calories an hour cardio session actually burns. It can certainly help, but there's a reason the saying goes "six packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym".

P.S. if you're not in good shape anyway, exercising every single day puts strain on your body. The body reacts to times of strain by chubbing up. So unless you're fairly fit with a body conditioned to it, 7-day-a-week training regimes can be counter productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom