• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
First Saw was so great. It came out the same time as the second Resident Evil movie and my friends and I bought tickets to see RE but tried to sneak into Saw since we weren't 18 at the time. It worked for a classmate who - apparently - bought a ticket to see Spiderman but instead snuck into Baise-Moi. Sadly, that trick never worked for us so we just waited until the video release. Considering how much money they had to make Saw 1, it was so well made.

Suairyu

Banned
First Saw was so great. It came out the same time as the second Resident Evil movie and my friends and I bought tickets to see RE but tried to sneak into Saw since we weren't 18 at the time. It worked for a classmate who - apparently - bought a ticket to see Spiderman but instead snuck into Baise-Moi. Sadly, that trick never worked for us so we just waited until the video release. Considering how much money they had to make Saw 1, it was so well made.
I once saw an action movie or something with a friend, I forget which, then after that we snuck into 'Love Actually'. To this day I think my fondness for the film is only because it remains my only successful sneaking into a film.

First Resident Evil and bluffed my way into purchasing a ticket despite being 14. That was hardcore. I even said my correct date of birth at first and had to be all "oh sorry I meant..." and she bought it.

But yeah first Saw film was genuinely amazing.

Mikeside

Charlie, my dog, is a bit of a fucking legend.

ibkIlow2KgVCJG.jpg
iJ6qbXLV2O62u.jpg

iXClhik28v9wL.jpg
i7h0uVJXnSQGC.jpg

Do we have any other BritGAF pets?

Hystzen

I only like 1 and 3 the rest are just awful

I still kind of like the first Resident Evil film it got that mortal kombat style cheese

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Camden Market. What a strange place. Yes, I'm saying today was the first time I properly explored the area.

SKINNER!

Banned
I once saw an action movie or something with a friend, I forget which, then after that we snuck into 'Love Actually'. To this day I think my fondness for the film is only because it remains my only successful sneaking into a film.

First Resident Evil and bluffed my way into purchasing a ticket despite being 14. That was hardcore. I even said my correct date of birth at first and had to be all "oh sorry I meant..." and she bought it.

But yeah first Saw film was genuinely amazing.

ha, the rush you got from buying age restricted items when you're underage was immense. My first time buying an 18s game when I was only 16. Got to the till at tesco, kept saying " play it cool" in my head, smiled and just handed the money and left. Supermarkets only cared about IDing under 16s for cigs and under 18 for liquor back then. Only place that always bothered me for ID was gamestation when I tried to buy Kill Bill 1. They even ID'd my friend when he tried to pick up Resident Evil 4 for the gamecube (15) and he was 20 at the time. He didn't have ID on him so I bought it and the rest of us mocked him on the walk back home.

I only like 1 and 3 the rest are just awful

I still kind of like the first Resident Evil film it got that mortal kombat style cheese

Not a fan of Saw 2? I thought it was better than 3. The third one was the start of the decline. Still ok but it was obvious that they cared more about shocking viewers with gore instead of a captivating story. Also, the first Resident Evil movie kicks ass. Cheesy, predictable and had atrocious CG but I like it. It wasn't just a rehash of the first game. They tried this futuristic corporation office hive angle and it worked for me. Plus, Milla. The rest of the RE films were garbage.

Suairyu

Banned
First Resident Evil scratched that dumb fun itch that Mortal Kombat also did back when we were under 10s.

I tried watching RE2 and I had to turn it off halfway through I was so bored.

edit

Love this scene

Lirlond

Just off a 12 hour shift. Plan for today. Sleep 7 hours, 1400. Run for an hour, do my lifting routine, shower; 1600. Breakfast. Then leave the house and get to work for 1800.

If you want to get fit eat protein, lift weights and do anaerobic cardio. So far I've went from 120kg to 76kg doing this.

I remember first seeing tubgirl when I was like 12.

Fedoras look dumb on everyone. The only people who look good in hats are black people and old people, and even then its very specific. Trilbys aren't fedoras. I have to wear a trilby in the deli and I look like a prick.

I was never edgy enough to sneak into age restricted movies. Did manage to buy a leatherman when I was 15 though.

Sunrise is pretty nice you guys.

I never got ID'd for anything before I turned 18. Alcohol, cigarettes, games, films, cinema, pubs and clubs. Since getting into my 20's and 30's I've been ID'd more and more often. Either I'm Benjamin Button or they're just a lot stricter on iding these days, which is a good thing in my book.

Saw 1 was amazing, more of a thriller than a horror, a very clever idea made brilliantly. Same as Final Destination, that was a great film, a unique concept. Unfortunately with both films they thought, "oh people just like the gore, the traps/method of dying, so we'll just concentrate on that and the plot can be secondary".

Saying that I still love every film in both franchises. My only disappointment is that they didn't have Brian Blessed do a cameo in the last Saw film just so he could say "Gordon's alive???"

Mikeside

I never got ID'd for anything before I turned 18. Alcohol, cigarettes, games, films, cinema, pubs and clubs. Since getting into my 20's and 30's I've been ID'd more and more often. Either I'm Benjamin Button or they're just a lot stricter on iding these days, which is a good thing in my book.

Yeah, the first time I got IDd was on my 18th birthday trying to buy beers.
I didn't have my freakin' ID on me :(
I'd been buying alcohol, going to the pub, buying 18 rated games and getting into clubs without being IDd once up until that point.

Then about 2 weeks ago at the ripe old age of 26 I was asked for ID to buy cigarettes!

Anyway, my week long course on VMWARE VCP5 starts today, wish me luck guys!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Short mile jog to the pool followed by fifty lengths, think a leisurely stroll back is in order

Might trade in a few games or blurays so I can buy a book..

Rubbish King

yay at Argo winning Best Picture.
boo at Silver Linings Playbook winning diddly squat. Jennifer Lawrence soooooo didn't deserve that Oscar.

EDIT: Bad press/reviews for Macfarlene just put a smile on my face.

"reviews" taken from the next day's papers, describing him as the "worst host ever."

Ouch... The guy isn't that funny imho, he makes good stuff, but him as a person, he doesnt look funny and the way he delivers jokes...not that funny

Just got the sequel to my book...well pleased.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My mind makes the gore worse. I can wince just by imagining horrible things like nails going under finger nails so I tend to avoid watching it on the tele.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Phew, caught up with the 4 pages since I last posted. You guys need some hobbies an shit yo.

Is anyone here familiar with datamoshing video? It's a new mini obsession of mine and I just can't get it to work. It's ironic that sometimes trying to make a glitch will glitch and it will come out normal...

Suairyu

Banned
Brave beat Wreck-It Ralph. That seems wrong.
Wreck It Ralph was enjoyable but it was hardly great filmmaking. Too much time spent in Candyland.

Is anyone here familiar with datamoshing video? It's a new mini obsession of mine and I just can't get it to work. It's ironic that sometimes trying to make a glitch will glitch and it will come out normal...
How about you actually describe and explain what you're talking about rather than being all mysterious ya cunt?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wreck It Ralph was enjoyable but it was hardly great filmmaking. Too much time spent in Candyland.

How about you actually describe and explain what you're talking about rather than being all mysterious ya cunt?

Well I figure you either know what it is and can help or you don't and can't :p it's a method of glitching videos into each other in compressed files. A video file is made of I frames and P frames - I need to be able to re-encode a video so it has no I Frames, and then edit them together and they get all moshy.

Google datamosh if you're interested.

All the methods I see are failing for some reason - I can't tell if it's my vid sources or the methods that I'm using.

I also hear that you can glitch video by editing it in Audacity which sounds fun.

Reknoc

Oh so a bit like glitching up images in notepad?

akaridioavfuuuuuu.jpg

It hurts, Chinatsu… …I’m h…a…p…p…y… …friends… …It hurts, …it
hurts… Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu,
Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu, Chinatsu,
Chinatsu….. …go… b… a… c…k… …Chinatsu… I feel… g… o… o… d…
…I’m so sad… …..Chinatsu

Chinatsu! Ah, Grrr, Ohhh… Argh… Yaaagh!… It’s not right… not right…
not right…

noffles

Banned
I spent most of last night playing Rising. Stayed up all night for no good reason playing videogames merely because I expected a package to arrive in the morning.

Nope, tracking says from 9am-9pm.

I'll get a text later asking if I'm about and I will reply with, "fuck off i am so dead right now i could pass off for a headless chicken."

Ho-ly shit guys. I got bored so started putting more cd's on my itunes and I came across some of my old songs I recorded round my Dad's when I was like 18. Just listening to them now and I'm on a major nostalgia kick. I wasn't the best lyricist back then but some of this is just heartbreaking. I was so sad back then, always falling in love with guys who weren't interested. But everything seemed so much more passionate back then, the bad was bad but it made the good oh so good. I remember the sight of someone could make me weak at the knees. What happened to all of that intensity? Is it something you think I could ever get back?

Speaking from my experience I don't think it's ever something you can get back. Experiencing ridiculously strong emotions for the first time and not really knowing how to handle them, music, movies, literature making a much deeper/greater impression upon you etc. just look at the dressing down you gave Lashbroke for his hoover escapades earlier in the thread to see how far you've come :p

For example, my first 'serious' long term girlfriend was/is a cunt of the highest order yet I know I'll never experience that intensity of love for anyone again and I'm fucking glad.

Of course, I could be wrong and merely dead inside

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh so a bit like glitching up images in notepad?

akaridioavfuuuuuu.jpg

Yeah the ideas are similar.

You may have noticed a datamosh effect in VLC or something playing back badly encoded videos where if you skip about the display becomes glitched for a few seconds before popping back in. This is where the P-frames have no I-frame reference and so it's applying movement from one section to the pixels from another.

noffles

Banned
Courier rang the flat, so I opened the front door and told him what floor and flat number.

He didn't fucking come upstairs. I am going to murder someone.

Edit: About 4 people knocked at the door. 1 wanted to know if one of my flatmates was in (he wasn't), 2 were coming round for another flatmate and the 4th knock was my books. Took him 5 minutes to manoeuvre the fucking building.

GOT MY BOOKS THOUGH, WOO.

Hi BritGAF, just thought I'd drop in and say hello.

I'm Tyrone and I live in Chelmsford, Essex. I work for the local authority and at the moment I'm obsessed with buying Thunderbirds related junk.

Rubbish King

Courier rang the flat, so I opened the front door and told him what floor and flat number.

He didn't fucking come upstairs. I am going to murder someone.

Edit: About 4 people knocked at the door. 1 wanted to know if one of my flatmates was in (he wasn't), 2 were coming round for another flatmate and the 4th knock was my books. Took him 5 minutes to manoeuvre the fucking building.

GOT MY BOOKS THOUGH, WOO.
WOOO

what books?

I'm Tyrone and I live in Chelmsford, Essex. I work for the local authority and at the moment I'm obsessed with buying Thunderbirds related junk.

Greetings fellow Islander! Local Authority? You a copper?

Hmmm, I need a new Nerf sidearm for work...
Can i have a job?

My original Tracy Island toy is at home somewhere. Good memories of playing with that set all day long.

My original Tracy Island toy is at home somewhere. Good memories of playing with that set all day long.

I took delivery of a mint condition one last week, alongside mint condition (in one case unopened) Matchbox Thunderbird vehicles.

I'm spending £455 on a Thunderbird 2 and pod vehicles, my girlfriend wants me sectioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom