• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

noffles

Banned
The joke is most of those guys are pussys. In the MMA gyms I trained at you had no ego's because everyone knew how to fight but also got their ass kicked a lot, which helps remind you that you are human.

Guys who chuck weights around 24/7 walk like they are invincible so you can tell they don't know shit about fighting, it's all insecurity.

I know a few guys who go into there anyway, so I probably won't go in there unless someone makes the offer for now.

Cardio for a while, I guess.

Be prepared to deal with the most egotistical, territorial dickheads in any gym ever in the free weights area.

Go near a bench? get the eye fuck. Look at the dumbells? get the eye fuck. walk in the door? get the eye fuck.

You must've been to some shit gyms. I've been to many free weight-centric gyms and have never encountered that behaviour. Maybe it's more of a chain gym thing?

Also, way to encourage Noffles who's already scared of the free weights.

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
I've finally put up the chin up bar in my doorway. I'm still unsure if the single small screws on either side will be able to hold my weight. It creeks every time I do a pull up.

Maybe I should set up a camera, so when it finally does break and I simultaneously fall on my arse and hit myself in the face with the bar, I can still get £250 from you've been framed.

Lirlond

You must've been to some shit gyms. I've been to many free weight-centric gyms and have never encountered that behaviour. Maybe it's more of a chain gym thing?

Nah it's only uni gyms that are like this, a bunch of self entitled early 20s dudes. Just about every gym I've been in other than my uni one has been fine.

noffles

Banned
I'm not going to read 50 Shades of Grey now. It's so poorly written that I think I'd rather cut my wrists and stick stinging nettles in the wounds.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
You're the right kinda guy. Tash is a Halo guy anyway. What does he know about quality video games?

tumblr_ljnt5osXaV1qdq5u6.gif

SteveWD40

Bannatynes, so not shit (as in not cheap) but not great either. City Centre gyms (like mine) are rife with it for some reason.

SKINNER!

Banned
Be prepared to deal with the most egotistical, territorial dickheads in any gym ever in the free weights area.

Go near a bench? get the eye fuck. Look at the dumbells? get the eye fuck. walk in the door? get the eye fuck.

They the ones that laugh loudly/talk about getting wasted and fucking some bird while staring at each other lifting weights in front of the mirror beforing giving each other congratulatory pats on the back/behind?

Bannatynes, so not shit (as in not cheap) but not great either. City Centre gyms (like mine) are rife with it for some reason.

Sounds irritating as fuck. I must've been lucky with mine but as I said mine have been independents that were either boxing or lifting focused and people tended to check their egos at the door.

SteveWD40

They the ones that laugh loudly/talk about getting wasted and fucking some bird while staring at each other lifting weights in front of the mirror beforing giving each other congratulatory pats on the back/behind?

Yep, the ones that hang about in groups of 4 watching each other do sets while taking up all the surrounding equipment just to sit on, act like dicks / "lads" and try to be as passive aggressive as possible.

Sounds irritating as fuck. I must've been lucky with mine but as I said mine have been independents that were either boxing or lifting focused and people tended to check their egos at the door.

Well as I said, in MMA gyms I have seen the opposite, people are courteous and chilled as fuck.

Nah it's only uni gyms that are like this, a bunch of self entitled early 20s dudes. Just about every gym I've been in other than my uni one has been fine.

I'm pretty happy with mine. Usual bicep boys, and Jack Wills dressed up idiots, plus a few with an ego bigger than the weights they deadlift, but it has a good mix of ages, and most just get on with their workout. One greek guy really pissed me off last week- he had four or five pairs of dumbells, and four barbells, and got moody when I asked to take use one, asking me to bring it back asap. 20 minutes later he hadn't asked for it back. Dickhead.

The only issue is that my university spent many millions on the massive complex with facilities for every sport...and yet the actual gym and free weights area is tiny. Whole place is a victim of its own success now, trying to get a bench or squat rack after 5pm involves a huge wait, or alternating sets with someone.

I've finally put up the chin up bar in my doorway. I'm still unsure if the single small screws on either side will be able to hold my weight. It creeks every time I do a pull up.

Maybe I should set up a camera, so when it finally does break and I simultaneously fall on my arse and hit myself in the face with the bar, I can still get £250 from you've been framed.

I have one of those. I took it down and I think it's in the spare room somewhere.

Also, you won't get any money from YBF as you're not an American in 2002.

noffles

Banned
Knowing that 50 Shades of Grey is the fastest selling book of all time has put me into a bit of a slump.

I'm going to have a nap.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Knowing that 50 Shades of Grey is the fastest selling book of all time has put me into a bit of a slump.

I'm going to have a nap.

One of they guys eh ?

Uni gym freeweights area is the absolute worst lol.

Rule one only go into the free weight area if your the main alpha in the gym at that time. My free weight area at my local gym always had the dude from the polmont prison program boys behind bars running shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_PgT64wgdc

^ that very dude is now ripped

SKINNER!

Banned
Yep, the ones that hang about in groups of 4 watching each other do sets while taking up all the surrounding equipment just to sit on, act like dicks / "lads" and try to be as passive aggressive as possible.
Well as I said, in MMA gyms I have seen the opposite, people are courteous and chilled as fuck.

yea, there were plenty of them in my old town's gym. Not so much at the work's gym. Put me off using the normal free weights and just hit the machines instead. Always been to the gym on my own (I just realised I do a lot of shit on my own) as the majority of my friends didn't care about being healthy and to be honest, I have no idea how to use free weights and I'm pretty sure my insecurity would fuck me over if I started using them incorrectly only to get the "Oi! fuck off if you don't know what you're doing" glares. Ugh, lad culture and the gym. One of the most obnoxious combinations in existence.

One of they guys eh ?

Rule one only go into the free weight area if your the main alpha in the gym at that time. My free weight area at my local gym always had the dude from the polmont prison program boys behind bars running shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_PgT64wgdc

^ that very dude is now ripped

HEY! Reply back to my PM...please :)

Kentpaul

yea, there were plenty of them in my old town's gym. Not so much at the work's gym. Put me off using the normal free weights and just hit the machines instead. To be honest, I have no idea how to use free weights and I'm pretty sure my insecurity would fuck me over if I started using them incorrectly only to get the "Oi! fuck off if you don't know what you're doing" glares. Ugh, lad culture and the gym. One of the most obnoxious combinations in existence.

HEY! Reply back to my PM...please :)

Really stripped for cash right now man, I'l need to see if I'm off work the next day of the event too.

Had to skip a subway today to keep the cash back for my local chip van tonight.

3Sixty

I think you're all pretty wrong. Of course all gyms have idiots but most people seriously about lifting don't give a fuck about anyone else in the gym.

Rubbish King

So the beach clearing uppy thing went well, 4 hours of fun :D

we must of collected 30 full bin bags of shit

oh and quite a few needles

SKINNER!

Banned
Really stripped for cash right now man, I'l need to see if I'm off work the next day of the event too.

Had to skip a subway today to keep the cash back for my local chip van tonight.

No worries man. Totally understandable. :) Would be great if you made it since a few of the london crew might be there but if you can't then I'll probably catch you at the A$AP gig. Trying to get it around my birthday schedule so I haven't purchased the ticket yet but we'll see. Also, you heading to T in the Park? Kendrick Lamar's on the lineup...somewhat tempted to go for that day.

Kentpaul

No worries man. Totally understandable. :) Would be great if you made it since a few of the london crew might be there but if you can't then I'll probably catch you at the A$AP gig. Trying to get it around my birthday schedule so I haven't purchased the ticket yet but we'll see. Also, you heading to T in the Park? Kendrick Lamar's on the lineup...somewhat tempted to go for that day.

No T in the park for me man, I can't wait to get a beer with you at the asap gig, spent the entire warm up part of my kendrick gig in the fag area chatting about kid cudi with a random dude lol

good times

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Bought some jeans. Almost bought some boots to go with them but they were one size too big :(

Also got an interview for an apprenticeship in Manchestoh tomorrowww!

Rubbish King

Bitta' Chihhken an'a kan a' coke

CHEEZMO™;49196628 said:
Bought some jeans. Almost bought some boots to go with them but they were one size too big :(

Also got an interview for an apprenticeship in Manchestoh tomorrowww!

woooo, whats the apprenticeship

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
At some office. I probably wont get it cos my application was awful (shitty designed website) and they probably only offered to interview me because it was part of their deal with the programme or something.

That said, out of the 3 I went in for this is the one I actually wanted (partly because I can actually get to it).

Rubbish King

CHEEZMO™;49198194 said:
At some office. I probably wont get it cos my application was awful (shitty designed website) and they probably only offered to interview me because it was part of their deal with the programme or something.

That said, out of the 3 I went in for this is the one I actually wanted (partly because I can actually get to it).

I've been looking into apprenticeships.... but some of them are crazy shit pay

like 50quid a week for some...my fucking RENT is 50 quid a week!

I dont understand why you need to do apprenticeship in shit like... Admin and even RECEPTION

Why the fuck do i have to do like 6 months of training to become a receptionist

f0rk

I dont understand why you need to do apprenticeship in shit like... Admin and even RECEPTION

Because then they don't have to pay minimum wage

8bit

Knows the Score

I did an apprenticeship and got paid 50 quid a week. That was in 1987.

8bit

Knows the Score
Doing what? This one Tashbrooke is talking about is clearly an abuse of the system

That was an engineering apprenticeship, and at the time wasn't such a bad starting pay as it grew quickly. I was more commenting that in 26 years I might have expected the starting wage to have increased somewhat.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So the true prize of the Apprentice is £100,000 a year for doing nothing. Might have to apply now.

Mikeside

You pay £50/week rent?

What's your place like? I'm jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom