• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Got back from Manc. Think my interview went well.

Speaking of coming far with stupid internet things, acting head of BBC TV is up at the uni next week and I've got some responsibilities. Just hope no-one brings up the BBC Three Generator.

Aww shit that was you? Mint.

SKINNER!

Banned
Boots are now going to send me job alerts.

Yay.

JQbcXk5.gif

You going into pharmacy or is it just a normal job?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Boots are now going to send me job alerts.

Yay.

Boots, asda, sainsburys and many more are going to send me job alerts. Good luck though bro

Deciding my CV needs some work so I'm redesigning it... anybody care to look over the original to see if I could improve anything?

SKINNER!

Banned
Normal job. Why the gif?

Did I do something wrong?

I forgot we spoke about your career on steam. In which case, you're just going for a normal job. That's cool.

If you were going into Boots as a trainee or proper pharmacist then you would've been entering into a whole world of pain. I've heard crazy horror stories of certain Boots stores being so unorganised and generally not a great working environment for pharmacists.

noffles

Banned
I forgot we spoke about your career on steam. In which case, you're just going for a normal job. That's cool.

If you were going into Boots as a trainee or proper pharmacist then you would've been entering into a whole world of pain. I've heard crazy horror stories of certain Boots stores being so unorganised and generally not a great working environment for pharmacists.

I just want some extra moolah. Having to rent a house next year with people won't be fun if I've not got disposable income to help me through.

Also, I hear that Boots in general is a bit unorganised in smaller stores. I've got a friend who works in one (who funnily enough tried to get me to apply at her store when there was a vacancy back in September) and they've not even got a fucking security guard. Thefts are happening all the time and the staff aren't allowed to stop people who do it because of employee policies or something. Job's a job though, I guess.

Guys halp

Just upload it to a dropbox file, yo.

Rubbish King

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/a-to-z-of-being-unemployed

I know it's not ideal but have you thought of offering to do a couple of bar shifts for free to prove to them that you'd be good?

That was...quite a depressing read

lol at temping though, dont you know, you need at least a degree to work in reception now

Never really thought about that to be honest, but you have to get to interview stage to suggest those kind of things

I just want some extra moolah. Having to rent a house next year with people won't be fun if I've not got disposable income to help me through.

Also, I hear that Boots in general is a bit unorganised in smaller stores. I've got a friend who works in one (who funnily enough tried to get me to apply at her store when there was a vacancy back in September) and they've not even got a fucking security guard. Thefts are happening all the time and the staff aren't allowed to stop people who do it because of employee policies or something. Job's a job though, I guess.

You do realise I will be insanely jealous if you manage to get that, after doing factory work for 3 months I can tell you that i would kill for a job in retail.. Applied to 15 jobs this week, heard back from none of them..as per usual.. The annoying thing is that I'm not an idiot, I'm not destined to be a shelf stacker for the rest of my life... assuming I can get a fucking job as that, I've literally put my availability as anytime, I've put in forms I'm happy to do 14 hour shifts and nights, still I get nothing, my grades arent bad either

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
noffles could be a lesbian you guys, we don't actually know.
still would be more manly than tashbrooke & mikeside

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why are some posters so adamant on shutting down any and all discussion of the privilege of the established norm? (white, male, heterosexuality). You can see it in all of these threads on GAF and it doesn't seem to be unique or limited racially, sexually or financially. Whether it is just outright denying the existence of inequalities e.g. 'no such thing as white privledge', 'lol no women dont have it bad', 'trickle down economics is good!' or simply shitting on / attempting to discredit valid arguments it happens a lot. What are these posters afraid of that they feel the need to deny, discredit and self-delude to such an extent?

EDIT: This is only the most recent thread that sparked my thought

CHEEZMO™;49299624 said:
Got back from Manc. Think my interview went well.

Aww shit that was you? Mint.

Hope it goes well!

And yup, that's me. To think of all the time I spent on BBC Three Generator and Twefax (not long to be fair), a 1 minute joke is now my most popular thing ever.

Rubbish King

My mood has totally gone to shit in the last hour..fuck..
Might have a drink tonight myself. Got a half decent bottle of single malt i've been intending to try.
I've got a 3 litre bottle of shit cider my mate left behind...
Lad bombs. Conduct a research for Britgaf.
No money
I am going to be getting drunk. Have got the second meeting regarding my redundancy at 10:00am tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to with a hangover but what can you do?
Shit.. Why are you being made redundant?

Go to your local. See what happens.

unemployed,broke/saving the little money I have for the meetup

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I can't go ly dow I'm at work.
To be fair this is a bad example as the person making these seems to go overboard constantly.
True, it's often the usual suspects in these kinds of threads as well. It's just so often that it starts to become 'is it really that hard to think outside the box / challenge your mindset'? I've gone full circle on a lot of issues and I do believe there are things I might be wrong about still. I just don't understand the fear and hostility that comes with challenging perceptions.
Since WW3 is about to start its been good known you folks, See you guys on the other side
What are you on about, KP?

My mood has totally gone to shit in the last hour..fuck..
I've got a 3 litre bottle of shit cider my mate left behind...

No money

Shit.. Why are you being made redundant?

unemployed,broke/saving the little money I have for the meetup

It's the culmination of about a year and a half's worth of planning, gentle nudging, whispering in the right ears and implanting suggestions. My manager somehow thinks it was his idea but I'm not complaining.

It's so close to bearing fruit now that I can taste it.

Rubbish King

It's the culmination of about a year and a half's worth of planning, gentle nudging, whispering in the right ears and implanting suggestions. My manager somehow thinks it was his idea but I'm not complaining.

It's so close to bearing fruit now that I can taste it.

What do you do?

It all sounds like a conspiracy/set up for a movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom