• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
I would've thought it was harder to be a successful musician before the days of internet. You had to move to bigger cities just to get meaningful gigs and be recognised. Suck up to record companies, camp outside the building and give some guy in a suit some head in exchange for him merely accepting your demo tape. or send it by mail if you don't want it to be heard.

All you need today is a bedroom studio, webcam and a soundcloud account.

Edit: hell you don't even need a record company deal! Just start up a website and sell your album on that.

green scar is a ageist , racist and homophobic

I miss him too buddy.

Double edit: I don't care much for the Arctic Monkeys either.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
oopsy sorry coldman, thought you didnt give a fuck because you actually posted his name

I broke the code and now i feel bad

Hope she reschedules again if it leads to the same!

Almost tempted to tell her what happened and if she can top that. She owes me! xD

IamMikeSide said:
Hope you can top last Thursday!

I've got a date too....

...with Lara Croft

iU60u4mlSwv6Y.gif

Chinner

Banned
I've created a neogaf app that informs me every time tashbrooke makes a post, shamefully I had to disable it because it drains my phone battery too fast.

Rubbish King

CHEEZMO™;49334868 said:
That school reunion thing is tomorrow. Dunno if I should go.
GO
GO
GO
GO
GO
DO IT

Just incase you didnt get that, I think you should go. You will have fun..Also an excuse to crack out your bottles of obscure alcohol

I've created a neogaf app that informs me every time tashbrooke makes a post, shamefully I had to disable it because it drains my phone battery.
Chinner, I think we have established I have too much time on my hands

You can stop now

3Sixty

My night just got better.

Got an email from Coral.

£5 Risk Free play on Little Britain slots.

Okay why not, my luck is out on football.

jB1e2QvXMKKLb.png

LOLZ

Suairyu

Banned
How was It?
Tiring like you wouldn't believe. Carrying an industrial-weight tripod and a back-pack full of batteries, XDCAM discs, and tons of emergency "yes officer we have permission to film here says so in this letter from the council" papers around London is a quick way to feel exhaustion like you've never felt before.

But that was really satisfying, you know? Great to be out of the office and doing work that physically tires you, resulting in deep, satisfying sleep every single night. It's almost meditative and I'm starting to think a career that is mostly desk-bound really isn't my thing. I'm sore like a bastard right now though, despite religiously stretching out every night.

Learnt a lot about sound-work and filming, too; so the trip has been quite educational.

Tried eggs benedict for the first time ever as a breakfast in one of the swanky hotels we stayed in.

And I see a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment has just been funded on Kickstarter, so I've come home to a great surprise.

Back in the office tomorrow to deal with backing up and archiving all the footage we shot. Then moving into the new flat on Saturday, replete with "welcome to the pad" party and a brand new copy of that Fantasy Flight Game of Thrones strategy boardgame.

Good week, all in all.

Mikeside

Tiring like you wouldn't believe. Carrying an industrial-weight tripod and a back-pack full of batteries, XDCAM discs, and tons of emergency "yes officer we have permission to film here says so in this letter from the council" papers around London is a quick way to feel exhaustion like you've never felt before.

But that was really satisfying, you know? Great to be out of the office and doing work that physically tires you, resulting in deep, satisfying sleep every single night. It's almost meditative and I'm starting to think a career that is mostly desk-bound really isn't my thing. I'm sore like a bastard right now though, despite religiously stretching out every night.

Learnt a lot about sound-work and filming, too; so the trip has been quite educational.

Tried eggs benedict for the first time ever as a breakfast in one of the swanky hotels we stayed in.

And I see a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment has just been funded on Kickstarter, so I've come home to a great surprise.

Back in the office tomorrow to deal with backing up and archiving all the footage we shot. Then moving into the new flat on Saturday, replete with "welcome to the pad" party and a brand new copy of that Fantasy Flight Game of Thrones strategy boardgame.

Good week, all in all.

That Game of Thrones boardgame is super fun.

My advice - be aggressive early on and start forming an alliance with whoever is the least likely to believe you'll screw them over at the drop of a hat.

Where's the new pad? When is my invite to the flat-warming coming through?

f0rk

That Game of Thrones boardgame is super fun.

My advice - be aggressive early on and start forming an alliance with whoever is the least likely to believe you'll screw them over at the drop of a hat.

Where's the new pad? When is my invite to the flat-warming coming through?

I've got a bone to pick with you, still not got a Tomb Raider code

Mikeside

I've got a bone to pick with you, still not got a Tomb Raider code

Hey dude, one of the other guys who I sold a thing to said the same thing last week, but I think he got his.

Hit me up on Steam... I think you just need to email AMD with original your confirmation code and they'll stop being slack

Sounds like RISK.

Nah, the trouble is that it's easy to forget how different it is to Risk and you end up trying to play it like that, but where I think Risk rewards patience and holding back/building up forces, Game of Thrones is all about getting in the thick of it and forcing everyone else to make the tough decisions

Rubbish King

Hey dude, one of the other guys who I sold a thing to said the same thing last week, but I think he got his.

Hit me up on Steam... I think you just need to email AMD with original your confirmation code and they'll stop being slack

Nah, the trouble is that it's easy to forget how different it is to Risk and you end up trying to play it like that, but where I think Risk rewards patience and holding back/building up forces, Game of Thrones is all about getting in the thick of it and forcing everyone else to make the tough decisions
I really want to play this at the meetup :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom