• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just looked up blockbusters and there is one thats fucking ages away...no games for me..

Might get tipsy and go to the pub with the 6quid my mum sent me to rent a game

I see, go out with a bang at least

Better make sure that's a Wetherspoons you go to.

I can't really go out with a bang as I need the redundancy money but I might be too ill to serve my notice.

Pope old.

That's pretty old.

Hot Coldman said:
BEvGE33CQAA_mH5.jpg

Oh my.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Today is the greatest day I've ever known. Can't live for tomorrow, tomorrow's much too long.

Alternatively:

The past is history, the future is a mystery, today is a gift that's why they call it the present.

Got a meeting with the boss tomorrow about changing me from long term, self employed freelancer to just a permanent member of staff. Pros include holiday and sick pay, pay for me to go on trips, more likely to go on shoots, a bit more job security etc. Drawbacks are most likely less money, and less breadth for tax wankery, plus less flexibility to work elsewhere etc.

I need to go to him with a figure for what I expect for a salary tomorrow. Hard to know how to pitch it.

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
Databse analyst that doesn't really do much analysis. mostly data mining and pulls.

I've know you for years and not actually known what you do. You're like Chandler from friends.

I am going to be getting drunk. Have got the second meeting regarding my redundancy at 10:00am tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to with a hangover but what can you do?

Sounds like you might be joining Tash at the top of the most thread posts leaderboard in the not so distant future.

Darren870

Got a meeting with the boss tomorrow about changing me from long term, self employed freelancer to just a permanent member of staff. Pros include holiday and sick pay, pay for me to go on trips, more likely to go on shoots, a bit more job security etc. Drawbacks are most likely less money, and less breadth for tax wankery, plus less flexibility to work elsewhere etc.

I need to go to him with a figure for what I expect for a salary tomorrow. Hard to know how to pitch it.

I know a lot of contractors that have gone through this. They always want a high number so their take home pay is the same.

My only advice is don't do that...none of em winded up with a job and contracts weren't renewed.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sorry to hear the bad news, Incontentia. Look sharp and you'll land on your feet
Would help if you knew a ballpark for what your peers make. And I agree with Darren. You should aim for a reasonable amount along with the long-term feasibility of promotion versus trying to secure a high number from the get go.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
It was the same as every other decade just with less internet

Assuming I still had the same aspirations... Being a musician in that time was a very different thing

I mean seriously, the movements then...ahh even earlier back.. I know you still had shit music getting through.. but that whole grunge movement back then...ahh i wouldve killed for it

I'd go into more detail..but it's take me fucking AGES...and especially as im drunk....i cant really articulate my thoughts clearly

For sure I'll need to take a direct pay cut, no doubt about that. I'm thinking I'll work out how much he pays me now, Work out how much I would get If he spent the same on me permanent (ie taking into account holiday pay, national insurance etc) then pitch just under that. I imagine that's what he'll be doing in his head.

Assuming I still had the same aspirations... Being a musician in that time was a very different thing

I mean seriously, the movements then...ahh even earlier back.. I know you still had shit music getting through.. but that whole grunge movement back then...ahh i wouldve killed for it

I'd go into more detail..but it's take me fucking AGES...and especially as im drunk....i cant really articulate my thoughts clearly

Really? More than like 1% of musicians made it? (assuming that's what you mean?)

Come on, give us drunk ramblings.
In other news I'm feeling the burn from weights last night. There was an Asian student on the treadmill with an Ipad Mini......

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's also always easier to look on the past with rose-tinted glasses while ignoring that there was a lot of shit back then the same as there is now. Being born in 1990 is no special privilege, it just is what it is. Appreciate the good things you have now.

Like the fact that you will likely never want to tear your hair out while waiting for a single page to load on dial-up.

EDIT:
I dont give a fuck about the Arctic Monkeys

Whoa there. I'm going to chalk that up to the cheap cider.

It's also always easier to look on the past with rose-tinted glasses while ignoring that there was a lot of shit back then the same as there is now. Being born in 1990 is no special privilege, it just is what it is. Appreciate the good things you have now.

Like the fact that you will likely never want to tear your hair out while waiting for a single page to load on dial-up.

Or your mum disconnecting the internet so she could use the phone.....

I dont give a fuck about the Arctic Monkeys

Alright mardy bum....

Rubbish King

Nope, I had dial up... Waiting 45 minutes for a 2d online shockwave game to load I was born in 93'

I wouldve rather been born around 80-85

The job hunt is getting me down brahs

be nice

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nope, I had dial up... Waiting 45 minutes for a 2d online shockwave game to load I was born in 93'

I wouldve rather been born around 80-85

The job hunt is getting me down brahs

be nice

Job hunt is getting me down
image.php

would have rather lived during the Thatcher years

Rubbish King

Job hunt is getting me down
image.php

would have rather lived during the Thatcher years
It's funny you should say that, because apparently you needed fuck all experience back then
My father was able to work as a book keeper, in a bank and in a mental asylum... All with shit fucking O levels and no experience, I would get none of these jobs without the corresponding qualification.

Not to mention the fact most places wont even take me to the interview stage to be a FUCKING CLEANER
Here's something to cheer you up, a TV show from the 1980s its called Threads, all on Youtube, made by the BBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MCbTvoNrAg
My dad had the DvD, i never watched it though...I cant really be bothered right now though..drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom