• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a beautiful moment when half of GAF explodes into rage at the mere mention of BBT.

tumblr_mga0g1mWKn1qa7yjio1_500.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Don't you just hate people who sit around in busy coffee shops? If it was a quiet moment fine hang around. But it's lunchtime and you're just sitting there with a laptop not drinking and taking up valuable space and people actually want to sit down and enjoy their coffee.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Don't you just hate people who sit around in busy coffee shops? If it was a quiet moment fine hang around. But it's lunchtime and you're just sitting there with a laptop not drinking and taking up valuable space and people actually want to sit down and enjoy their coffee.

especially the ones who are studying, total dicks

noffles

Banned
I've got to ask....how???

how does that even work

Imagine not having a lot of food. Good? Okay, now imagine that you don't want to spend money to get more.

With me so far? Because that's all there is to it.

I know a guy who bought a macbook and decided going to Starbucks with it for shits and giggles was one of the best ideas in the world. If I hadn't bought something while I was in there with him, I'd have probably said something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know a guy who bought a macbook and decided going to Starbucks with it for shits and giggles was one of the best ideas in the world. If I hadn't bought something while I was in there with him, I'd have probably said something.
Please tell me he didn't buy the MacBook just for that. He could have at least stuck a Windows sticker on it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I hate all people in coffee shops, so yes.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Imagine not having a lot of food. Good? Okay, now imagine that you don't want to spend money to get more.

With me so far? Because that's all there is to it.

Isnt costa like

over two quid for a coffee

Noffles, give us your address and we'll play Just-Eat roulette.

i want to hear more about this game

noffles

Banned
Please tell me he didn't buy the MacBook just for that. He could have at least stuck a Windows sticker on it.

Nah, he bought it because it's an Apple product. Duh.

Noffles, give us your address and we'll play Just-Eat roulette.

Maybe next year when I don't have to let a guy into the building and be awake for it.

Isnt costa like

over two quid for a coffee

Student discount. Got the largest sized mocha latte for £2.30ish. Result tbh.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Student discount. Got the largest sized mocha latte for £2.30ish. Result tbh.

Oh yeah, that's a fucking bargain.

Hey hey, sometimes you just need a sit down. I tend to just get a Hot Chocolate so for me they are Hot Chocolate Shops ha ha.

Yeah I'm all about the hot chocolate too but not at those prices! I am a cheap bastard first and foremost. I really don't like what coffee shops are doing to the highstreet as well. They're just ... vapid place filled with smug people. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

8bit

Knows the Score
It would be if I wasn't taking a multi-vitamin once a day to soften the hit on my diet. It also helps that my hours at uni are so flexible right now that I could potentially sleep on Japan time and still be able to live and operate normally.

Multivitamins are intended as supplemental to your diet. Your body won't absorb the vitamins efficiently without food to digest along with them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah. It's why I refuse to get a cup of tea in one them. If you're going to charge me that much I want to see you use loose tea in a teapot. Not a cheap teabag and a bit of water with no free refills.

Much prefer the conditories in Sweden. Usually always independent and much nicer cakes. Which is probably why I go to more in one holiday as I do coffee shops in the UK over the whole year.

Mikeside

Oh yeah, that's a fucking bargain.

Yeah I'm all about the hot chocolate too but not at those prices! I am a cheap bastard first and foremost. I really don't like what coffee shops are doing to the highstreet as well. They're just ... vapid place filled with smug people. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Truly said like somebody who works right next to Godalming - home of vapid, smug people.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Truly said like somebody who works right next to Godalming - home of vapid, smug people.

Yep, and I seethe every time I go into town! Seriously, these places are filled with middle-everything housewives who do lunch and coffee in some continuous feedback loop. Fuck those people.

Yesterday I had lunch in Wetherspoons - Burger, chips and a coke for £4. That's about my speed.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't like coffee but I could see myself getting into tea. I always love having chai tea at Indian places.
even if you leave the student discount in thats almost £1000 on coffee a year
And how much did ya'll spend on drinks at the meet-up? People will spend their cash in variety of ways. Different strokes and all that.

People gasp when I say I drink black tea and that's weak compared to a black coffee.

I've tried getting into coffee but I'm not a fan. Not tried adding milk or sugar.

I used to drink black tea but now I'm pretty much coffee only. I tried coffee years ago ith milk and sugar and really wasn't that fond of it. About three years back tried good quality coffee black with no sugar and haven't looked back.

I usually get my wet processed beans freshly roasted from Hasbean Coffee, as they do some great stuff.

That sentence may be the most ponciest, north London-esque sentence I've ever written.

Mikeside

Ugh, coffee.

I avoid it both because I fuckin' hate the taste and because if I start drinking coffee, I'll have to start thinking of myself as an adult.

I don't think I'll be ready to do that for a few years yet.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why do you not want to think of yourself as an adult but want adult things that require others to see you as an adult?

Ugh, coffee.

I avoid it both because I fuckin' hate the taste and because if I start drinking coffee, I'll have to start thinking of myself as an adult.

I don't think I'll be ready to do that for a few years yet.

I don't drink tea, and only have coffee if I'm working late in the library. Disregard hot drinks, acquire hydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom