• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Reason why I like Reach and ODST for no flood crap just Elites being badass. I'm currently making way through them need buy 3 and 4 ever since my 360 broke I never got round to playing them at my house so it nice to finally sit down myself and make way through the series

I'm jealous, I'd say it's my favourite series. Would love to have the time to sit down and blast through them all again. 3 especially is a total treat, there's stuff in that game that nobody ever came close to topping. Scarabs yo!!

IMO Halo is special in that it holds up to repeat plays better than any other shooter. You can jack the difficulty up and play it like a ninja, you can be all snipey and sneaky or you can get really close and personal, or you can play it on normal like a fucking superhero and tear through enemies like tissue paper. All satisfying.

zomg Musha! I just saw this on my fb feed. Tell me it isn't true D:

EDIT: wtf was going on in this thread?!

I'm afraid it looks like it might be. I heard a while back, looks like it has been/soon will be sold. It's ok though, it's moved once before, it'll just find a new home and move on once more.

How the hell did it end up on your news feed though??

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I'm moving out with some pals, and I've just filled in the online tenancy application. The last section asks you to declare any convictions and such. I declared a TS10 motoring conviction, and also another one, with which I have the dilemma.

It was about 4 or 5 years ago, I got caught with like 0.5 gram of cocaine, in a nightclub. They took a DNA swab, gave me a warning, and sent me on my way. It's definitely on my record though, as work pulled it up on a CRB a few months back.

So my question is, do you guys think it's the sort of thing that could adversely affect the application? One of the other lads I'm moving in with, has more serious convictions, but chose not to declare them, as he thinks they won't check anyway. But he thinks it could screw us.

But it's not like I mugged someone or smashed up a car. And I was honest about it. It's not really relevant to a tenancy IMO.

What do my GAF pals think? I'm kind of worried I should've lied, but surely I'm not going to be denied a tenancy unless I lie on the application! Reassure me guys, I'm feeling vulnerable.

Don't worry about it.

If I were your potential landlord then maybe I'd ask a follow-up question or two, but I'm not going to be concerned about a single case of possession some years ago and I'm going to be kind of swayed towards you for being honest.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This show on BBC3 is like "Sniv's record collection put to gritty teen drama". I need to find out how to become the person that chooses bg music for tv, I could do the shit out of that.

edit: Jeff Buckley, Regina Spektor and now Naked and Famous. Did someone steal my ipod or am I really that generic?

Hystzen

I'm jealous, I'd say it's my favourite series. Would love to have the time to sit down and blast through them all again. 3 especially is a total treat, there's stuff in that game that nobody ever came close to topping. Scarabs yo!!

IMO Halo is special in that it holds up to repeat plays better than any other shooter. You can jack the difficulty up and play it like a ninja, you can be all snipey and sneaky or you can get really close and personal, or you can play it on normal like a fucking superhero and tear through enemies like tissue paper. All satisfying.

The AI still holds up so damn aggressive but smart at times, had a jackal that kept moving out of warthog gunner's viewpoint. In Reach a group of Elites used the armour drop ability when I threw a grenade while Grunts do what Grunts do best, run around with arms in air and tripping up over themselves.

Currently training the mother to play it on Firefight with Gruntpocalypse mode

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm afraid it looks like it might be. I heard a while back, looks like it has been/soon will be sold. It's ok though, it's moved once before, it'll just find a new home and move on once more.

How the hell did it end up on your news feed though??

A local girl I met at a friend's party that added me on fb shared it. I presume she visits the place whenever she heads down to London. I was like "Wait a sec! That's the place Musha took me to where that awesome Iron Maiden cover band performed! Noooooooooo!"

That's good though. As long as it finds a new home then all is well. It was such a cosy, great pub. Would've been a shame to see it go.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Gonna stop posting here for a while, looking over my last posts..I'm talking like a moron..

It's like I've become a weird internet persona

Too much GAF I guess...need to be more constructive with my days

Will still post..just not as much

Good news for most...heh

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I disagree. Suairyu doesn't seem to be the person who would make a decision like that without carefully thinking about it.

He could end up in a new town or job, or have a new partner changing his entire mindset. I didn't even know the snip was reversible so its not to bad.

Gonna stop posting here for a while, looking over my last posts..I'm talking like a moron..

Good news for most...heh

Don't man your a great part of the community, others are just jelly you stand out instead of being a forever bland genericst.

The more unique posters on gaf the better i say.

Mikeside

`

Good news for most...heh

Tash we kid but we love ya
Don't change a thing, baby.

Where do you live: Cheshire, England.
Where are you from: Cheshire, England.
University: MMU (Film Production)
Sports of choice: Cheese rolling.
Current political party of choice: None.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Don't watch TV.
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Don't watch TV.
CBBC or CITV: CBBC (In the 80's and early 90's)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Where do you live: [/B]Cheshire, England.
Where are you from:[/B] Cheshire, England.
University: [/B]MMU (Film Production)
Sports of choice:[/B] Cheese rolling.
Current political party of choice:[/B] None.
Favourite (current) UK TV show:[/B] Don't watch TV.
Favourite (current) non UK TV show:[/B] Don't watch TV.
CBBC or CITV:[/B] CBBC (In the 80's and early 90's)

The_Sloth_by_Waya37.jpg

Mikeside

Where do you live: Cheshire, England.
Where are you from: Cheshire, England.
University: MMU (Film Production)
Sports of choice: Cheese rolling.
Current political party of choice: None.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Don't watch TV.
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Don't watch TV.
CBBC or CITV: CBBC (In the 80's and early 90's)

Willkommen!

I'm disappointed at how dead our Steam chat constantly is, you guys.
It's ALMOST like you're not constantly champing at the bit wanting to hear my thoughts on the latest Angry Birds action

noffles

Banned
Tash, stop asking people about the proper discourse in willy dipping. It's odd. Ask your mum or your sister or something.

Also, dry shampoo is seriously the best thing ever. Don't give a shit what gender that stuff is made for, it's amazing.

Suairyu

Banned
...do you have kids?
Thankfully, no.

You will regret this in years to come.
Extremely unlikely. If I do, I'll adopt.

You can reverse a vasectomy, can't you?
"No". So, yes, but it isn't guaranteed. One must enter into a vasectomy with the mindset that it is an unalterable process.

Suirayu: How exactly did you go about asking for one?
To the GP, then straight over to the balls-expert?
Did they hassle you?
I've detailed it before in this thread, but the short of it is I had a long discussion with my GP, who raised every possible caveat - physical, social etc. - to the process. Satisfied I knew exactly what I was doing, he referred me to the expert, who had the philosophy of "if your gp is satisfied, I'm satisfied". In the day I shall undergo a quick counseling session so he cab totally satisfy himself that I know what I'm doing, then will snip away.

I am aware that I am lucky, though. Many doctors are reluctant to perform the procedure (or even refer someone) at my age. I did my research so I could convince my gp my mind was set. He warned I'd face an uphill battle but that didn't happen either.

Haven't been following, but is there any back story on why?
Not really. Always knew I'd do this. Decided now was the time.

I disagree. Suairyu doesn't seem to be the person who would make a decision like that without carefully thinking about it.
Thank you. And correct. My position hasn't changed in 16 years. I waited and waited. I am still sure.

Mikeside

The issue is either an intentionally misspelt username or a missing comma.

I'm not sure which it is.

I assume it's a missing comma, but calling him Shit Coldman is way funnier.
Maybe I just need to curb the mid-week inebriation.

edit: You guys, what have we done:

483884_544574685587534_1942768205_n.jpg

We've become the safe haven for all mankind.

Suairyu, I really respect your decision man. Props to you.

I'm currently stressing about my teaching practical tomorrow. I've got a really well planned and interesting lesson ready but I still feel like I'm going to trash it somehow. Ugh.

noffles

Banned
Woke up about 10 minutes ago and decided to get out of bed to do some work until 8am. My work ethic really has just appeared out of nowhere in the past few days. It's weird, because it usually never rears its head until hours before a deadline, not days.

Edit: Just spent the last hour and 40 minutes prettying up a powerpoint and cleaning up a bunch of notes in MS Word.

What the fuck is happening to me? I'm being productive. I don't like it.

Single again. Long distance was too awkward.

Got held back 45 minutes after work. Graaah

So sorry to hear that dude. It sucks being held back after work :(

Morning BritGAF, how are we all on this sunny March day?

Morning Spacker! (Btw it still feels a little wrong saying that) I'll tell you how I am.

I am tired, cold, I don't want to go to work, and I'm stressing about the 2 songs I have to sing at my Mum's wedding in 2 weeks time because I haven't done a single thing to prepare or learn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom