• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Fully agree, Even on his own tracks he has a great voice, beats and flow but fuck there just ain't no spark.

I think the same about Jay Z

Controversial statement but the only thing Jay Z had going for him was the instrumentals he got from Kanye, Pharell, Timbaland etc. Lyrically he's nowhere near as good as Nas (which I know I'd get teared up for saying that outside Britgaf because of the whole ghost-writing situation). 99 Problems is still amazeballs though. Great gym track.

Wasn't that suppose to be a joke track to please their record label? I read somewhere that they hated that song but - personally speaking - I actually like it. Just doesn't sound like Deftones. Also, how did the Deftones escape the Nu Metal scene/label/curse?

Another great gym track.

Mikeside

Teenage angst. The album.

Doesn't stop it being a great track.

Happier with this?

One upped!

Wasn't that suppose to be a joke track to please their record label? I read somewhere that they hated that song but - personally speaking - I actually like it. Just doesn't sound like Deftones. Also, how did the Deftones escape the Nu Metal scene/label/curse?

I dunno - I like it, anyway.
I heard the same thing about Blink 182 - All The Small Things and REM - Shiny Happy People.

Still love both of those songs too.

NinjaBoiX

chill track

Now that is something I could kick back with.
I like a lot of tracks from the soundtrack to The Wire too.
Do-You-Want-More_The-Roots,images_big,26,4247082.jpg

1237315691_the-roots-illadelph-halflife-front.jpg

things_fall_apart.jpg

Get these records in your life gentlemen.

One more track, so fucking good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvffEs0-Sj8

I picked Respond/React as a track with particularly good lyrics. I mean, even on their worst day, Black Thought and Malik possess more flow than all these modern day "drinkin' cristal with some ho's while I'm bumpin' in ma whip" gangsta rap chumps combined. But it is also one of the more "gansta" tunes in overall tone *winks at kent*, just done with penache. I mean just look at this verse:

"Hey yo, I'm just a lyricist, a chemist of the hemp,
The beat pimp, the ill Philly resident,
That's far from hesitant, corrupt like a President,
Never benevolent but poetically prevalent,"

Edit: YESS! Musical derailment well and truly successful.

f0rk

Controversial statement but the only thing Jay Z had going for him was the instrumentals he got from Kanye, Pharell, Timbaland etc. Lyrically he's nowhere near as good as Nas (which I know I'd get teared up for saying outside Britgaf because of the whole ghost-writing situation). 99 Problems is still amazeballs though. Great gym track.

You want to bang send Kanye change, send Just some dust, send Hip a grip

NinjaBoiX

How can you post The Roots without Game Theory.

You cray.
Things Fall Apart > Do You Want More > Illadelph Halflife > Organix > Game Theory > The Tipping Point > Stopped buying their records.

TFA is one of the greatest albums of all time for me.

NinjaBoiX

I must admit, I forgot Phrenology Coldman, I have it, but it's mainly the first four records I listen to. They didn't sell out or anything, I just lost interest.

I moved onto cooler bands...

I didn't guess you to be an Idlewild fan. I miss those guys. Especially their older stuff

One of the benefits of them releasing a whole bunch of Best Ofs was me getting wind of them "after their time". I liked their last album a lot, and yes, their early stuff is cracking.

I must admit, I forgot Phrenology Coldman, I have it, but it's mainly the first four records I listen to. They didn't sell out or anything, I just lost interest.

I moved onto cooler bands...

The Roots are in a pretty good position now as Fallon's house band, it suits them well.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
CHEEZMO™;50500068 said:
What goes with whisky?

Coke goes well with bourbon

we should all play goldeneye source tomorrow, shit will be like a 1997 sleepover

NinjaBoiX

Always love seeing Questlove do interviews. He's so calm and smart.
You can tell by listening to them that they are a bunch of smart, tuned in guys. Not a bunch of over-confident charlatans bragging about how much money they've managed to swindle out of impressionable school kids.

Mikeside

I liked the first series. Though I was like 12 or 13. The actress who played Summer was lovely.
Then things went from average to meh to crap. Especially when they killed that character off.

Yeah, I gave up about half way through season 3, but I loved the first 2 seasons.
A lot of people used to call me Seth because I loved a lot of the same bands & read a lot of comics.

Seth was the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom