• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really watch much British telly, except Masterchef (Monica doesn't really do it for me) and Eastenders. That Joey is a bit of alright, if he doesn't speak. Bring back Dawn I say.

Debate in work: Old Transformers girl (Megan Fox) or new Transformers girl (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley)?

I go with Megan

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
A quick Google shows me that they both look like they've been punched in the mouth... can I choose Bumblebee instead?

Probably Megan though because of that iconic intro shot in the first film. Say what you like about Michael Bay, he knows how to drape a skinny girl over a motorbike.

SmokyDave

Definitely Zsa Zsa Jedeye!

She's a minx.

I don't really watch much British telly, except Masterchef (Monica doesn't really do it for me) and Eastenders. That Joey is a bit of alright, if he doesn't speak. Bring back Dawn I say.

Debate in work: Old Transformers girl (Megan Fox) or new Transformers girl (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley)?

I go with Megan

.....shit. I have work to do today and now I need to sit and think about this.

Mikeside

I go with Megan

It offends me that you're calling Mehan Fox Old Transformers.

iobZhKxRyeQr1.jpg

THIS is Old Transformers and it is glorious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Everywhere seems to do it that way apart from mine. :(

Ah well, serves me right for submitting it close to deadline. Was a bitch to write, so I guess every minute helped, except not really. :lol

My uni was the same. In fact they brought in new measures for my year so retakes were also capped at 40% so no more flunking of purpose so you could revise in the summer for a better mark.

Only time a late submission almost got me was when I submitted a paper before a funeral. Came back home and found the email had bounced and of course it was after the deadline by the time I saw the message. Luckily I had handed in a physical copy on time so I just complained that it bounced and that I was out all day so I could not check it. It probably also helped that this was my first bit of coursework so it was likely they were a bit more lenient.

My final bit of coursework was a pain to submit. They introduced a new online submission system but you could only upload files of a maximum size (can't remember what, but it was pretty small). Well my code on its own was larger than this so I ended up have to compress it into multiple rar files and simply hope that whoever opened it had no problems on their end. And when I had sent it all I noticed the PDF file of my work had moved a diagram half way off the bottom of the page. Got round that by printing it off myself and handing in a physical copy to my marker. Not only did this give a good impression, I knew he was too lazy to print his own copy so he would never see the mistake on the digital version.

So yeah, if you need to do a presentation for your final year project, give your markers a physical copy of your work.

Yeah, but you can't fancy a cartoon character. Unless you're Cheezmo. Or BGBW. Probably.
2D 4 lyfe!

15rwc.jpg

It offends me that you're calling Mehan Fox Old Transformers.

iobZhKxRyeQr1.jpg

THIS is Old Transformers and it is glorious.

I didn't call her old Transformers, I called her old Transformers girl, as in the one prior to the next one.

I was watching Transformers before you were born son.

f0rk

A quick Google shows me that they both look like they've been punched in the mouth... can I choose Bumblebee instead?

Probably Megan though because of that iconic intro shot in the first film. Say what you like about Michael Bay, he knows how to drape a skinny girl over a motorbike.
I believe she was draped over a motorbike in the 2nd film, she was bending over a car bonnet in the first. Just getting the pervy Megan fox shots straight

I get the impression British girl from Bayformers 3 won't bounce back from having a baby as well as Megan has. Although Megan is kinda a terrible human being, that's less of a turn-off than normal.

My uni was the same. In fact they brought in new measures for my year so retakes were also capped at 40% so no more flunking of purpose so you could revise in the summer for a better mark.

Only time a late submission almost got me was when I submitted a paper before a funeral. Came back home and found the email had bounced and of course it was after the deadline by the time I saw the message. Luckily I had handed in a physical copy on time so I just complained that it bounced and that I was out all day so I could not check it. It probably also helped that this was my first bit of coursework so it was likely they were a bit more lenient.

My final bit of coursework was a pain to submit. They introduced a new online submission system but you could only upload files of a maximum size (can't remember what, but it was pretty small). Well my code on its own was larger than this so I ended up have to compress it into multiple rar files and simply hope that whoever opened it had no problems on their end. And when I had sent it all I noticed the PDF file of my work had moved a diagram half way off the bottom of the page. Got round that by printing it off myself and handing in a physical copy to my marker. Not only did this give a good impression, I knew he was too lazy to print his own copy so he would never see the mistake on the digital version.

So yeah, if you need to do a presentation for your final year project, give your markers a physical copy of your work.

They've started taking physical copies out of the equation. I had to hand a copy in both physically and electronically last year, but this year it's been all electronic. Problem is, that takes advantage of my complacency, due to deadlines being at the last minute of the day rather than 10am. Except when it actually is at 10am. :lol

I think the submission system on mine has a cap too, but considering all I ever submit is Word documents it's certainly not gonna affect me. Yours sounds like hell.

Might just print off a physical copy and bring it in with me today. Show of good faith if anything, like you say. Hmmmm.

SmokyDave

Rosie Huntington-Whitely wins for me.

Repeated viewings of her video for Agent Provocateur swung it for me.

(It's called 'Don't Forget Valentines Day', if you wanted to Google it).

Yeah we have the 40% resit mark cap now. It used to be the average of your resit mark and 40%, but that was scrapped a couple of years back. But coursework still remains on the system whereby every day late you lose around 10%, after 5 days you get nothing.

All our modules are now one semester long now too, no more year long modules, which I preferred in some respects.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't know if they count as cartoon characters, but Milo Manara definitely knows how to draw a seductive woman.

I'll go you one better - Guiseppe Manunta. UH-MAZING work. I find Manara a bit pinch-faced and unfun, whereas Manuta draws the hottest ladies doing naughty things. He has a great watercolour style and really nice body language. I'd love a decent English-language collection but these things are totally in a ghetto even more than normal comics.

I've also read all of Lost Girls so, uh... yeah.

EDIT: actually I'd really like to have a grownup discussion about mucky comics but I think the thread would get lost. Stupid bloody Google ads. It's a fascinating genre and is so undiscussed.

SKINNER!

Banned
You joke, but that machine still exists, and still sells floppy discs. We hand in our code online now though, so god knows what they're for.

We need to know Kents schedule so we can meet up when he's available!

haha what?! that vending machine still sells floppy disks? oh wow. Absolutely speechless here. Still, at least you don't have to worry about disk corruption now that you get to submit your work online. Gotta love that uni. and yes, Kentpaul, post your weekly schedule so we can plan something.

I can just imagine Kentpaul's schedule now...

Tuesday: Drugs
Wednesday: Drugs
Thursday: Drugs
Friday: Count Madstacks
Saturday: Anime during the day, hanging out at public bathrooms during the evening.
Sunday: Detox (driving, hillwalking, confession at church, coke and then battlefield)
Monday: Drugs

Rinse and repeat.

Megan Fox but Rosie is quite pretty.

hottest people on UK TV?

Tough one. I feel that Holly Willoughby is an overrated choice but that's the only one that comes to my mind at the moment. Still, Konnie Huq > Katy Hill anyday.

Mikeside

haha what?! that vending machine still sells floppy disks? oh wow. Absolutely speechless here. Still, at least you don't have to worry about disk corruption now that you get to submit your work online. Gotta love that uni. and yes, Kentpaul, post your weekly schedule so we can plan something.

I can just imagine Kentpaul's schedule now...

Tuesday: Drugs
Wednesday: Drugs
Thursday: Drugs
Friday: Count Madstacks
Saturday: Anime during the day, hanging out at public bathrooms during the evening.
Sunday: Detox (driving, hillwalking, confession at church, coke and then battlefield)
Monday: Drugs

Rinse and repeat.

Megan Fox but Rosie is quite pretty.

Tough one. I feel that Holly Willoughby is an overrated choice but that's the only one that comes to my mind at the moment. Still, Konnie Huq > Katy Hill anyday.

What about jRPG time?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Does KP even do drugs still? I thought he was off the gear and living clean. High on pure Scottish oxygen, Strathclyde mineral water and shortbread rounds.

Oh sweet, they fucked up the online submission form, so I should be able to sneak mine in late and get a non-late mark. Awesome.

Don't think we've got a 40% resit cap, but you can only resit up to one module from a previous year, soooo yeah.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Does KP even do drugs still? I thought he was off the gear and living clean. High on pure Scottish oxygen, Strathclyde mineral water and shortbread rounds.

The occasional beer that's it. With drugs i want the party to keep going when everyone else is finished. Its a lonely feeling I'm never willing to feel again.

That said i have bought some shit that makes your body produce serotonin, This should ensure i'm always in a great mood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0089EBZ76/

Done basic research on it and decided to buy it from amazon.

Can't wait till it comes. I'm also having trouble sleeping, This shit makes you have a good night sleep to and makes your dreams vivid as fuck too.

Win/win

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Can't wait till it comes. I'm also having trouble sleeping, This shit makes you have a good night sleep to and makes your dreams vivid as fuck too.

So, pretty well the equivalent of a good day's physical work then?

Gardening does it for me - roll on springtime!

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I was out on my bike last night to the villages to fix an iPhone screen, then went 20 miles further out to fix a poorly iMac. Couldn't have picked a better night to do it! Blizzards, ice-rink country roads and drivers blinding you because cyclists don't deserve dipped headlights :-/ Still it was an adventure, and I learned commuter lights are useless on pitch black B roads.

SKINNER!

Banned
I thought it was meow meow?

inb4McBainThatsthejokepic

Man, 10 year ago I was reading tablature on shitty .TXT files online. Today's kids are so damn lucky to have something like this. Shame that some of the tabs on the website aren't 100% right. But still, properly formatted, MIDI, individual audio for each instrument. I'm impressed.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oh fuck we're doing a play tonight, fuuuuck. I've completely lost my voice too, great timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom