• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Happy Friday my lovely Gaffers!

I'm in a very good mood today. Lets see how long it lasts when I get to work.

Wooo friday!! Looking forward to enjoying a nice sleep tomorrow, I'm knackered this week. Have band practice tomorrow for the first time in weeks, looking forward to making a racket and pulling some shapes.

The weather is conspiring to annoy me today though. Gey and cold and snowing and bleurgh. Turning my back to the window helps me pretend it's nice out.

Oh fuck we're doing a play tonight, fuuuuck. I've completely lost my voice too, great timing.

Good luck man!!

In other news, I think my iPhone is broken, it won't charge up this morning. Very worrying, I don't know how I'll cope without my phone and it's only got 50% charge on it now. Turning the power off to conserve energy. How else am I gonna get hold of my dealer??

SKINNER!

Banned
It's friday and surprisingly sunny today! Facebook feed imploded this morning because of Metallica's inauguration into the world of Spotify. Gonna head out to watch Man with the Iron Fists and End of Watch tonight.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's friday and surprisingly sunny today! Facebook feed imploded this morning because of Metallica's inauguration into the world of Spotify. Gonna head out to watch Man with the Iron Fists and End of Watch tonight.

fuck Metallica, I already downloaded their catalogue through napster 12 years ago :p and then I deleted it cus it was shite muhahahaha

SteveWD40

"Unconventional" crushes, go:

107940_2_preview.jpg

Nicola Walker of Spooks fame, recently seen being a weird slapper in Last Tango in Halifax. Would with the power of an angry god but not sure why (always had a thing for plain brunettes I guess...).

Yeah it was a surprise!

Let me know what the films are like, I fancy watching End of Watch but I'm not sold on Man with the Iron Fists.

Tonight I'm staying in and watching TDKR with a curry and some beer and/or wine.

Tomorrow I'm baking Christmas tree cupcakes, then going to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, then going to a good friend's house in Sutton for a pre-Xmas get together.

Sunday there's a Christmas rockabilly fair at one of my favourite pubs, with hog roast and homemade mince pies. Then I'm off to dinner at TGI Fridays with some more good friends.

I love this time of year, so busy and social!

What's everyone else up to this weekend?

Edit:
"Unconventional" crushes, go:

8394ED5F-03A6-482A-B991-E02156631D72-4394-000005DCDF043DA0.jpg

Matt Berry.

It's the voice, so damned sexy.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Jill your new avatar is very...festive!

The old one was bugging me with the previous avatar dimensions. Today is tree day! Going to pop out at 2 to find a nice wee fir to fit in the corner. I don't have room for a big one but last years was a couple of feet high, I'd like to add a foot or two this time so I can put my baubles to use!
Tonight is a work's Christmas dinner, so it'll be a race to get to the seat furthest away from the boss. My trick is once they sit down, head to the bar so the others have created a buffer by the time you get back. Oh it's so petty, but I like sitting with the chilled folk.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah it was a surprise!

Let me know what the films are like, I fancy watching End of Watch but I'm not sold on Man with the Iron Fists.

I'm expecting Man with the Iron Fists to be a "so bad it's good" kinda film. Plus, I'm only going to see it for the soundtrack and RZA.

fuck Metallica, I already downloaded their catalogue through napster 12 years ago :p and then I deleted it cus it was shite muhahahaha

5XsTw.gif

Clegg

Has everyone heard that story about the hospital receptionist who was tricked into putting a prank call through to the Duchess of Cambridge?

Sky News are reporting that she's committed suicide because of this.

Royal Hoax Call Receptionist 'Commits Suicide'
Sky News – 8 minutes ago

Royal Hoax Call Receptionist 'Commits Suicide'

The receptionist who put through a prank call at the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge is understood to have committed suicide.

The woman, was the first to pick up the phone to the Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, and put the call through to the nurse caring for the Duchess.

Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It does appear that the receptionist who put the original call through has been found dead, thought to be suicide."

Has everyone heard that story about the hospital receptionist who was tricked into putting a prank call through to the Duchess of Cambridge?

Sky News are reporting that she's committed suicide because of this.

I'm guessing she was in a lot of trouble letting the call through :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
everyone fancies her man!

The correct answer is Charlotte Rampling!
I thought maybe it was cool because I don't think anyone knows her outside the one show. Also I knew a girl in sixth form that I fancied that she reminded me of...She already claimed by a guy named Jack :/

I suppose Emma Roberts isn't unconventional enough either because of her aunt? I guess my crushes are too conventional. Scarjo is the best though, despite her mediocre acting and singing.

SteveWD40

They gained 10 pixels in girth at some point, I think it was when animated GIFs were outlawed.

I used to fancy Katie Puckrick off The Word a LOT. Ooh that's showing me age.

05EEQ.jpg

Yup, she is on the list, I was 12 when The Word was on give or take so she and every other women on TV at that point (and my female teachers, mates mums...)

I don't think anyone takes it seriously, but IDK. The thread will be fun. It has TLoU and Bioshock footage. I've got stuff to drink. Sue me.

SKINNER!

Banned
I don't think anyone takes it seriously, but IDK. The thread will be fun. It has TLoU and Bioshock footage. I've got stuff to drink. Sue me.

Touche :p

So I got back from The Man With the Iron Fists....oh dear. Expectations were low but I should've set it even lower. Plot's quite disjointed. Not even the soundtrack did it for me. Expected hype rap/hiphop with chinese instrumentals but it wasn't and it just ended up feeling awkward. Apart from the hilariously spectacular violence, cosutmes & sets/location, the cast (I was surprised to see MMA fighter Cung Le in the movie) and corny/funny dialogue (which I believe is a homage to old Chinese dubbed kung-fu B movies), there's nothing else in it.
The good news is that the trailer to "Gangster Squad" was played and it blew me the fuck away. Dat Emma Stone!

Suairyu

Banned
It’s the only way. Then they can all forget me. I got too big, guys. Too noisy. Time to step back into the shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom