• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Oh come on, there's blatant French and German threads in OT.

Edit:

The British caught it. Now someone complains because the | OT | in the title is missing? :p

Hey, we're just helping people interested in the linguistic intricacies of our beautiful language. Sometimes we examine intercultural differences too.

Purely for educational purposes.

;-)

Edit: Plus travel tips!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Una and Rochelle are the best looking saturdays. Discuss.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Was this really locked? Totally get the move to community, but forced closure would seem a bit counter-intuitive to the "lets make OT more fun!" thread I spotted earlier.

Even if you are all cliquey motherfuckers.

So wait a sec, they closed down the thread because it was in OT and not Community?? And the problem with just moving it was what? I'm glad they saw sense and re-opened us. Apart from Star Wars EU and tattoo threads this is pretty much the only place I post. If they close us down for good that's one less member they would have had. Not that they would have cared.

I do sense some slight prejudice against us, especially with recent bans.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So wait a sec, they closed down the thread because it was in OT and not Community?? And the problem with just moving it was what? I'm glad they saw sense and re-opened us. Apart from Star Wars EU and tattoo threads this is pretty much the only place I post. If they close us down for good that's one less member they would have had. Not that they would have cared.

I do sense some slight prejudice against us, especially with recent bans.

I don't see prejudice but Evi was definitely too quick to be swinging his dick about, I'm glad calmer heads prevailed. "Wait, I've not been paying attention for a month - better make my presence known!"

Don't worry dude, we know you're there.

And Star Wars EU, eh? You are significantly nerdier than I realised :p

I don't see prejudice but Evi was definitely too quick to be swinging his dick about, I'm glad calmer heads prevailed. "Wait, I've not been paying attention for a month - better make my presence known!"

Don't worry dude, we know you're there.

And Star Wars EU, eh? You are significantly nerdier than I realised :p

I'm also really into astro and particle physics. I am extremely nerdy, but my appearance suggests otherwise, and that's how I like it.

Back in the community ghetto! Anyone in London today? Curious about the atmosphere in general.

I work just down the road. A lot of police about, not much traffic, some exits at bank station closed. Not seen any trouble but I'm stuck in the office now. Will venture out at lunchtime to see what's happening.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm also really into astro and particle physics. I am extremely nerdy, but my appearance suggests otherwise, and that's how I like it.

I work just down the road. A lot of police about, not much traffic, some exits at bank station closed. Not seen any trouble but I'm stuck in the office now. Will venture out at lunchtime to see what's happening.

I didn't mean to imply I didn't think you're nerdy cos boobs and makeup. I assume a base level of nerdiness for most folks on GAF but they will occasionally surprise me by being way more niche than even I expected! Fly that freak flag, gurl.

I was wondering why this threaded started in OT and not community.
Then I just assumed we were waiting for a mod to move it over, and there was some unwritten rule about starting threads in community.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nah, LA-GAF all day, erry day.

And got my skates just now in the post. Gonna roll all over work today. Thug life.
iAc3B9RLs8ABv.gif

Blame BGBW.
Oi.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
See, the Jedi tattoo would've probably been the biggest clue for me :p

I just figured she liked Star Wars. But not SCARY liked :p

Musha, if I were to read only one bit of EU, what should it be?

Nah, LA-GAF all day, erry day.

And got my skates just now in the post. Gonna roll all over work today. Thug life.

Aw yeah boiiii! What kinda skates did you get? And are you nerdy enough yet to have indoor and outdoor wheels?

Man I know too much about derby. I don't even want to. She just tells me. I guess it's a bit like how she knows far too much about Metal Gear now haha

Oh hey it's back in business.

...not entirely sure why it was locked and reopened but whatever.

Back to the post I was going to make yesterday:

People don't like Giant Bomb? I can understand that, unless you're including Vinny, Dave and Drew. Especially Vinny.

I love Vinny.

Darren870

Back in the community ghetto! Anyone in London today? Curious about the atmosphere in general.

Nothing going on in Canary Warf...not really expecting any much though

When I was getting of the tube at London bridge there was a girl in skates transferring from the Jubilee to the Northern line. Running up the stairs and everything.
She was going pretty fast to, gave her some props for getting up the stairs faster then all the rest of them.

Took me a while to find this thread. I understand the point of community, but I feel like things get lost over here and also a lot of topics in the main OT should be apart of community.

Maybe I just don't understand the difference between a OT thread like the LGBT thread and this thread. Why wouldn't that be in community? Why is the Metal thread in community but not the fitness thread?

Seems to be all over the place. Or maybe I am just slow and its me. Wouldn't be surprised...

163.gif

Holy shit, forgot about that dude. Straight gangsta. My new idol.

Aw yeah boiiii! What kinda skates did you get? And are you nerdy enough yet to have indoor and outdoor wheels?

Man I know too much about derby. I don't even want to. She just tells me. I guess it's a bit like how she knows far too much about Metal Gear now haha

Got these Suregrip GT-50s...

a7a9b7b4a74311e291e622000a1f9d57_7.jpg

Might get outdoor ones to practice outside of the usual training sessions. Gotta get good mang. Pads and helmet next.

I just figured she liked Star Wars. But not SCARY liked :p

Musha, if I were to read only one bit of EU, what should it be?

Scary liked? Yeah I guess anyone who's seen my flat can confirm that.

Personally I really like all the Old Republic stuff (hence the tattoo). The Darth Bane trilogy is really good.

Reknoc

Oh hey it's back in business.

...not entirely sure why it was locked and reopened but whatever.

Back to the post I was going to make yesterday:

People don't like Giant Bomb? I can understand that, unless you're including Vinny, Dave and Drew. Especially Vinny.

I love Vinny.

I only go on Giant Bomb for the quick looks but it's been too much of a minefield recently. Too much Patrick/anyone or Brad/anyone and not enough Jeff/Vinny

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Took me a while to find this thread.
That's why you use subscriptions.

Evilore seems to be laying down "new" groundwork for what threads should be OT and which are not so we may see more threads getting moved to Community. I'd like to think that this thread was the cause of that new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom