• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me a while to find this thread. I understand the point of community, but I feel like things get lost over here and also a lot of topics in the main OT should be apart of community.

Maybe I just don't understand the difference between a OT thread like the LGBT thread and this thread. Why wouldn't that be in community? Why is the Metal thread in community but not the fitness thread?

Seems to be all over the place. Or maybe I am just slow and its me. Wouldn't be surprised...

Now we are back in community the clique factor will rise tenfold. At least being in OT for a while pulled in new faces!

TCRS

Banned
Scary liked? Yeah I guess anyone who's seen my flat can confirm that.

Personally I really like all the Old Republic stuff (hence the tattoo). The Darth Bane trilogy is really good.

wut? you have a star wars tattoo? pic please!

edit:
I think Evilore was annoyed because BritGAF was on top of OT all the time. you guys spam too much!

Mikeside

I just figured she liked Star Wars. But not SCARY liked :p

Musha, if I were to read only one bit of EU, what should it be?

Aw yeah boiiii! What kinda skates did you get? And are you nerdy enough yet to have indoor and outdoor wheels?

Man I know too much about derby. I don't even want to. She just tells me. I guess it's a bit like how she knows far too much about Metal Gear now haha

I may not be as hardcore a lover as the Mushdawg, but I really like the X-Wing series.

I only go on Giant Bomb for the quick looks but it's been too much of a minefield recently. Too much Patrick/anyone or Brad/anyone and not enough Jeff/Vinny

Vinny should get cloned so we can have Vinny/Vinny

I think the reason he's so good is that he's so much less cynical and bitter than everyone else. He just exudes happiness.

Also I can't hate Brad. Breaking Brad is too good for me to hate him.

Reknoc

Vinny should get cloned so we can have Vinny/Vinny

I think the reason he's so good is that he's so much less cynical and bitter than everyone else. He just exudes happiness.

Also I can't hate Brad. Breaking Brad is too good for me to hate him.

Brad's cool, just not when he's the one playing.

He takes forever to do anything and will just stay on the title screen/stand still in game for long periods of time while he talks.

wut? you have a star wars tattoo? pic please!

edit:
I think Evilore was annoyed because BritGAF was on top of OT all the time. you guys spam too much!

082.jpg

moka

I got a moped yesterday. I have to use L plates but it's fun. Fingers crossed we get some more sun during the summer.

Why was Tash banned?

Oh and no uni today. wooo!

noffles

Banned
I really do hope Tash comes back as a junior member so I can take the piss out of him.

Edit: Dammit, my hopes have been dashed. One more instance of that today and I might just have to go nuts.

Anything going on today that might do that?

Hystzen

That's why you use subscriptions.

Evilore seems to be laying down "new" groundwork for what threads should be OT and which are not so we may see more threads getting moved to Community. I'd like to think that this thread was the cause of that new thread.

He is correct about some things the daily murder topics kind of pointless apart from to depress you not like it can start conversations. I did to only read the really weird shit that is posted in OT I don't have that much interest in super serious stuff I come here for a break from that sort of stuff

Chinner

Banned
does anyone know if longhaul flights have like electric sockets on it? wanna play on my phone or else i'm going to have to talk to my girlfriend.

NinjaBoiX

Where exactly is the funny in the funny pics thread? Sometimes, at most, some pics will get a smile from me and rarely does it have really funny ones.
Some of it is flat out offensive.

A certain member posted numerous pics that were basically "haha! Look, it's a disabled person!" I think he lied on his application, and is actually a 6 year old boy.

I'm not saying who it is, I'm not naming and shaming. But if you're at all familiar with the thread, you'll know who I mean.

Darren870

does anyone know if longhaul flights have like electric sockets on it? wanna play on my phone or else i'm going to have to talk to my girlfriend.

Depends on the airline and plane. I've been on planes where economy had it from NY to London.

Been on planes where economy didn't from NY to Tokyo.

So yea, best check with the airline.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
U2kenBe.gif

I blame Tash.
OBJECTION

I got a moped yesterday. I have to use L plates but it's fun. Fingers crossed we get some more sun during the summer.

Why was Tash banned?

Oh and no uni today. wooo!
For asking where the funny was in a picture which was delivered with no real context and a link to MORE OF THIS MEMEEEEE
I really do hope Tash comes back as a junior member so I can take the piss out of him.

Edit: Dammit, my hopes have been dashed. One more instance of that today and I might just have to go nuts.

Anything going on today that might do that?
Nice try chump
Its back to normal without Tash...nice and quiet. One-two pages a day.
I want to be offended...but it's true

Mr. Sam

Tomb Raider needs a New Game + mode. Any game that has an upgrade system needs New Game +. I'm looking at you, BioShock Infinite.

noffles

Banned
Tomb Raider needs a New Game + mode. Any game that has an upgrade system needs New Game +. I'm looking at you, BioShock Infinite.

Infinite would be ruined by New Game+. It's easy enough already. I like to work towards revolver one shots, not have them as soon as I pick up the gun.

In fact, weren't you going to do the OT? I seem to remember your name on the list.

Hystzen

I'm torn on New Game + as a lot of time it turns into a broken game if they increased difficulty and switched stuff around it be better. Tomb Raider has same issues as Batman games with its save slots with upgrades ....actually I might redo Batman games instead

f0rk

Bulletstorm needed a New Game+ mode, totally would have gone through that again with all the guns

Also Arkham Asylum was sooo much better than City. The 'open world' was poorly implemented and I just critical pathed my way through by accident.

Hystzen

Dark Souls.

It will be my third run might do a defiled class run

I might go Batman I never bothered doing the Riddler padding shit in Arkham City just felt so pointless and dumb. Can't imagine the Riddler making challenges that only Batman's gadgets can work on then dumping them everywhere. Arkham Asylum was better random placements then riddles which I loved

Rubbish King

Oh yeah, so my job fucking sucks, Im getting quicker and i've made a few friends but it's so bitchy..
There's only 3 men in my department, one is the manager, one is me and the other started with me and he's also called tom..

oh yeah AND FUCK YOU JACKBEN, I have done 40 rooms in the past two days! HAPPY!? HUH HUH

Thing about working around women all day is I sweat alot once I'm about half way through so I have to try and dodge all the wome
Where's the funny?

In your butthole

I think my fave New Game+ was Ratchet and Clank... the number of playthroughs I did just for DAT RYNO

ryno.jpg

I never bothered to 100% Arkham City either, too much effort. Asylum was just a much better game overall though I appreciate the stuff City did.

I haven't even finished that game, I TRIED to like it, IT TRIED SO HARD

Reknoc

I never bothered to 100% Arkham City either, too much effort. Asylum was just a much better game overall though I appreciate the stuff City did.

Mr. Sam

Infinite would be ruined by New Game+. It's easy enough already. I like to work towards revolver one shots, not have them as soon as I pick up the gun.

I reckon it'd be pretty decent if you combined it with a 1999 or Extra Hard mode. I'm pretty sure that's what Arkham City does - you get all your upgraded shit but you have to play on the hardest difficulty. Not sure how 1999 mode plays yet - waiting for my laptop to be repaired (again) before I dip into it.

Without NG+, starting from scratch often just feels... laborious. Bulletstorm was a game which could have really benefitted for it, considering you get most of the craziest guns late in the game. I really need to do a NG+ run on A Crack in Time one of these days.

In fact, weren't you going to do the OT? I seem to remember your name on the list.

Aye, I was, but relinquished it a few months before release when I decided it would be more chore than privilege.

I'm torn on New Game + as a lot of time it turns into a broken game if they increased difficulty and switched stuff around it be better. Tomb Raider has same issues as Batman games with its save slots with upgrades ....actually I might redo Batman games instead

Arkham City doesn't seem to work - i.e. doesn't save - on PC. I need to ask Steam for a refund.

NinjaBoiX

Dues Ex HR could've done with it too.

I don't understand the complaints that it'd imbalance the game. So post a warning before you boot a NG+, "the game may be too easy with your upgrades, continue anyway?"

noffles

Banned
I reckon it'd be pretty decent if you combined it with a 1999 or Extra Hard mode. I'm pretty sure that's what Arkham City does - you get all your upgraded shit but you have to play on the hardest difficulty. Not sure how 1999 mode plays yet - waiting for my laptop to be repaired (again) before I dip into it.

Without NG+, starting from scratch often just feels... laborious. Bulletstorm was a game which could have really benefitted for it, considering you get most of the craziest guns late in the game. I really need to do a NG+ run on A Crack in Time one of these days.

Those kinds of games benefit from New Game+ amazingly though, because they're sandboxes full of all sorts of stuff to do. Bioshock is story heavy and the pacing contributes to the experience. Can't be breaking that kind of thing.

But then again: different folks, different strokes, etc. Might just be me.

Rubbish King

I don't understand the complaints that it'd imbalance the game. So post a warning before you boot a NG+, "the game may be too easy with your upgrades, continue anyway?"

Oh yeah, I know that feel about the pasta thing ninj, my mates are fucking useless, I would never live with them though... lol

Mr. Sam

I agree. You've already played through the game, you know what the pacing and difficulty's supposed to be like, just let me dick around with all the cool shit it took me hours to upgrade.

NinjaBoiX

Oh yeah, I know that feel about the pasta thing ninj, my mates are fucking useless, I would never live with them though... lol
Well, as long as you can boil pasta, you can take his place.

Competitive rental rates, impeccable company and poker night every Thursday.

Interested?
I agree. You've already played through the game, you know what the pacing and difficulty's supposed to be like, just let me dick around with all the cool shit it took me hours to upgrade.
Basically yeah.

"I want to crush those puny ants in the palm of my hand! Believe me, that's fun!"

SteveWD40

Oh lord yes.

ALL games with any type of upgrade system should have a "fuck around" mode after your first play through, it kept RE4 fresh for me for years, ploughing through with the Tommy Gun.

Problem is now devs want you to buy the annualised sequel / DLC, god forbid you have any game left to play without that.

Rubbish King

I was playing Phoenix Wright at the weekend, so I imagined the music starting up after this.

"Evilore moved the thread while Tash was banned. THERE'S NO WAY IT COULD HAVE BEEN HIM!"

"Ack!"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cdIlP488n14#
That's what I was thinking of when I replied :D
What am I looking at?
Well, as long as you can boil pasta, you can take his place.

Competitive rental rates, impeccable company and poker night every Thursday.

Interested?
How competitive we talking? Because I have a pretty sweet deal right now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom