• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moka

Sup guys? Uni is slowly winding down and I'm still looking for Summer jobs. I think it's too late now but I may go live in London until September anyway. Hm, so many decisions.

Greetings BritGAF, perhaps this is common knowledge in Britain, and in the BBC syndication area, but is it normal that the BBC videos online can be turned up to 11? lol

spinal_zps8e3c4fb3.png

I saw this and brushed it off as a programming error:

Code:
for (int i=0; i<=11; i++) {}

what they should've done is

Code:
for (int i=0; i<=10; i++) {}

P44

I saw this and brushed it off as a programming error:

Code:
for (int i=0; i<=11; i++) {}

what they should've done is

Code:
for (int i=0; i<=10; i++) {}

seems like quite an obvious mistake though, its been there for years. A question, just because I'm sort of starting to learn programming, would i<11 work too?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Surely the error would be "<=" instead of "<". Typing 11 instead of 10 seems to be a be of a stretch.

moka

seems like quite an obvious mistake though, its been there for years. A question, just because I'm sort of starting to learn programming, would i<11 work too?

Yep.

Surely the error would be "<=" instead of "<". Typing 11 instead of 10 seems to be a be of a stretch.

I honestly couldn't say. I'm just speculating. Maybe the programmer didn't have enough coffee that day?

The mistake could've been:

Code:
for (int i=0; i<12; i++) {}

when they should've done:

Code:
for (int i=0; i<11; i++) {}

That seems like a more plausible explanation?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yep.

I honestly couldn't say. I'm just speculating. Maybe the programmer didn't have enough coffee that day?

The mistake could've been:

Code:
for (int i=0; i<12; i++) {}

when they should've done:

Code:
for (int i=0; i<11; i++) {}

That seems like a more plausible explanation?

Dude what are you doing? It goes up to 11 because it's COOL. Mistakes aren't COOL yo.

8bit

Knows the Score
Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Well the interview went ok but I could have done much, much better if it wasn't for my nerves. Damn :lol: I should expect an answer in two weeks but i feel like i might not get to the final stage due to my answers I have given. Maybe who knows but time to continue to look while I wait for IT jobs in Kent.

Danj

Well the interview went ok but I could have done much, much better if it wasn't for my nerves. Damn :lol: I should expect an answer in two weeks but i feel like i might not get to the final stage due to my answers I have given. Maybe who knows but time to continue to look while I wait for IT jobs in Kent.

You should look in Cambridge, there are shitloads of IT jobs here (just not many that I'm qualified for).

moka

In uni now. Got two 1-hour lectures and a 2-hour lab. EXCITING.

Decent weather today as well. 2 Day streak!

We're getting all of 2013's sun at once.

Jordan

Every single interview I went to that I thought went really really well ended up with them not getting back to me, or telling me no. Every single interview I thought went really bad I ended up getting the job or a really good response.

NinjaBoiX

So I rang my one of flat mates to boil some pasta for me so it would be ready for when I got in the house for my half hour lunch break. I rang him 15 minutes before hand, and when I asked, he replied "how will I do that?" Yes, he asked me how to boil pasta.

I came in, 15 minutes later, to a pan of cold water on the hob.

Fuck my life.

8bit

Knows the Score
So I rang my one of flat mates to boil some pasta for me so it would be ready for when I got in the house for my half hour lunch break. I rang him 15 minutes before hand, and when I asked, he replied "how will I do that?" Yes, he asked me how to boil pasta.

Fuck my life.

Was the pasta in it?

NinjaBoiX

What? Like even I can cook pasta. That's terrible.
By the time I'd cooked it, I had to put it in a box and take it with me.

I know what he's like, he won't have even started doing it until 10 minutes after I rang, which is why I gave him so much notice.

"If you want a job doing properly, kill Baldrick before he starts."
Was the pasta in it?
Nope, just a cold pan of water.

"Why is it cold?"
"I've only just put it on."
"Did you not boil the kettle? That's a really inefficient way to boil water."
"Oh."
"GRRRRRR!"

Hystzen

Ok Tomb Raider is pretty fucking good a better uncharted game then uncharted. The only shit parts where the corridor shooting palace section but the open areas where you jump and do mini collecting pretty damn smart. A sequel that expands on that will be pretty fucking epic

Fuck my life.

To be fair, you're asking him to do a favor. He had no obligation.

f0rk

The 2nd one has cool skeleton woman on which makes you look like you flirt with death often so that's good but the 3rd one has lightning on and that's pretty cool as wel

Yeah, I'm kinda stuck between the bottom one and the red lightning one... because it's like a Gundam crest. :D

Fuck helmets, what's your DERBY NAME?? Mrs Sniv has Stroppenheimer as her name (I chose it, aw yeah) cos she gets into nuclear strops.

I like the gold one at the top btw

I have to pass my minimum skills test before I can pick a name. :S Might have something with Dino... I dunno. Help me!

And I'd pick the gold one, but the one who got me into it wears a gold helmet as well. Can't bite her style.

I dunno man, that bottom helmet is pretty boss. I'd stick to it.

So what actually IS roller derby?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajILNbKvpBU

NinjaBoiX

To be fair, you're asking him to do a favor. He had no obligation.
True, but boiling some pasta is about as menial as cooking tasks get, and he still tripped over the first hurdle.

And he didn't even do it for 10 minutes. Believe me, in the balance of favours, he's well and truly in my pocket!

I don't particularly mind that, it's just, gah, what a culinary clown!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Alrighty y'all, I need help picking a helmet for roller derby. Which ones out of the 5 in the link should I pick?

http://derbystore.co.uk/TSG Derby Helmets.html

Fourth one down. Get it in white, and spray it Banksy-style. Be individual. Be different. Look like you painted your own helmet. Plus, it doesn't matter if you do it badly - same as tying bow-ties badly, at least they know you've done it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom