• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

God, I remember this hell from earlier in the year. Found a house in Leeds the 3 of us loved and then the third guy left us hanging for 2 months telling us it was all in hand, but it never was. Then some other douche friend of my second housemate did the same and in the end I had to pay the deposit for this other guy to get him moved in so I had somewhere to live.

LUCKILY everything has been smooth since then.

I'd have paid his share of the deposit, then told him he wasn't moving in until he paid up.
I fucking hate people who do that shit.

Hasney

I'd have paid his share of the deposit, then told him he wasn't moving in until he paid up.
I fucking hate people who do that shit.

Nah, the third guy was straight up and said "I would move in with you, but can't afford the deposit" so I just thought fuck it and sorted it. I'm the named person on it so all the deposit money comes back to me at the end of the tenancy anyway for me to distribute, so I just give back housemate #2's share and keep the rest.

Dude makes his own taco spice mix which is god-tier, so I let him stay for now.

Nothing to do at work today, so I shall endeavour to finish the Ace Attorney games before 5 is out again. Phone with NDS emulator hidden by my PC tower so I don't have to drag my 3DS out to play them. Bliss.

SuperSah

Banned
Good change in weather, Water + Fields = Shrooms.

20130905_141706.jpg

The weather was to good for shroom hunting yesterday.

That place looks strangely like the Viaducts.

But free shrooms all round!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
That place looks strangely like the Viaducts.

But free shrooms all round!

Didn't find any magic shrooms but it was nice to walk along with the Arctic monkeys album with my big headphone cans on smoking a joint while on ephedrine + caffeine (A stack i use to work out sometimes) This was the only shroom i found, I doubt it was magic though. I have posted it on another forum to get its ID, I want to be able to name most shrooms i come across, It's a hobby i want to apply myself to.

20130905_135705.jpg

My weekend is fucked now guys, I was going to chill in tonight but my father texted me asking for a game of pool. I will be legless by 7 oclock.

SuperSah

Banned
Didn't find any magic shrooms but it was nice to walk along with the Arctic monkeys album with my big headphone cans on smoking a joint while on ephedrine + caffeine (A stack i use to work out sometimes) This was the only shroom i found, I doubt it was magic though. I have posted it on another forum to get its ID, I want to be able to name most shrooms i come across, It's a hobby i want to apply myself to.

20130905_135705.jpg

My weekend is fucked now guys, I was going to chill in tonight but my father texted me asking for a game of pool. I will be legless by 7 oclock.

You sound like you have an interesting life-style!

Kentpaul

You sound like you have an interesting life-style!

I just practice the essence of freedom and small time exploration. Apparently that mushroom i found is a "Amanita genus" One of the most toxic types of mushrooms in the UK.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just practice the essence of freedom and small time exploration. Apparently that mushroom i found is a "Amanita genus" One of the most toxic types of mushrooms in the UK.

KP, please make youtube videos detailing your adventures, thoughts on life and mushroom phyla.

Kentpaul

KP, please make youtube videos detailing your adventures, thoughts on life and mushroom phyla.

Admit to nothing. I can't be filming a quest to find class A drugs growing in fields, That would be like filming a weed deal or something.

I got to stay a step ahead of the law. The bottom line is since i have no job i get bored in the house and shroom searching is the perfect excuse to go on a major adventure! Doing river crossings with a clipper lighter and a smart phone in my pocket is some risky shit.

Kentpaul

Aww you had a Celica! Nice! That's what I was thinking of getting or the Honda S2000 after my current vehicle kicks the bucket.

Badass.

My mate just picked up a civic type r ek9 and my goodness every touch of the accelerator made my body go into joy overdrive. Dat exhaust, dat turbo, dat subwoofer. Honda's are fucking quality motors.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Better late than never, right. :D

When is your Birthday: 06/03/1989
Where do you live: Leeds
Where are you from: Bradford
Occupation/University: uni of Bradford
Favourite Actor/Actress: Many to name
Favourite Band/Artist: Apocalyptica
Favourite TV Show: Mock the Week, Dexter, Would I Lie to You, Top Gear, Doctor Who, etc etc (too maaany)
Favourite Crisps: salt and vinegar variety!
Favourite Biscuit: Anything with chocalate in it
Favourite Pokémon: uhh dunno
Ant or Dec: ?
Stalactites or Stalagmites: ?
Beano or Dandy: ?

Sorry for the gazillion ? marks, not a very good start is it. XD

NinjaBoiX

I got an IS200 to replace my Gen 7 Celica since its head gasket started going out. Always wanted to mess with one and found one in good shape for a great price and in pretty good condition. Took it to the Lexus dealer to get it all checked out and it was good to go. :D

CoPGLZU.jpg
Awesome Donkey, nice ride!
When's you Birthday: 06/03/1989
Favourite TV Show: Mock the Week, Dexter, Would I Lie to You, Top Gear, Doctor Who, etc etc (too maaany)
Hey Inanna, Welcome to the community!

Musha will be most pleased to have another girl in our midst. SmokeyDave's missus pops in to say hello occasionally, but other than that, it's a load of blokes and our Musha_Soturi. It's cool though, she's one of the lads.

I'll add you bday to the OP.

Kentpaul

Better late than never, right. :D

When is your Birthday: 06/03/1989

Sorry for the gazillion ? marks, not a very good start is it. XD

Why do people in Leeds hang their washing across the street ?

Thanks Ninja! And hola, Innana!

Aww you had a Celica! Nice! That's what I was thinking of getting or the Honda S2000 after my current vehicle kicks the bucket.

Yeah, was fun carving up the roads around the Peak District here. Was totally looking at an S2000 as well, but the last thing I needed was more impracticality after the Celica xD If you do start looking at a Celica, I'd suggest going 2003 and up (facelift) if you're looking at a 140 since they won't have the head gasket issue. If you go for a 190, the some of the 99-01 models have an issue with the lift mechanism in their variable valve timing. It's not something that would kill the engine, but you won't be getting the full horsepower until that's fixed.

Here's the good 'ol japanese princess. I'mma miss her. :(

gWMOXJx.jpg

Kentpaul

Going to fry my fry up in lurpak since i don't buy cooking oil. The more calories the better when your trying to become a big man.

SuperSah

Banned

Oh wow. Sounds like a nice little interest. I dig that. Be careful of what you're consuming though.

afoni

Banned
the world is KP's minecraft world

if he runs into a sheep, he shears it and makes himself a coat

if he finds mushrooms, he might eat them

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Welcome Inanna!

Niiiiiiiiice, a fan of Finnish bands in general or just these cello weilding maniacs?
A bit of both but mostly the latter, been a fan of them since I discovered their album cult!

We don't, Kent, at least I haven't seen anyone do that. What an odd question! :p

And hello everyone! :D

Kentpaul

Oh wow. Sounds like a nice little interest. I dig that. Be careful of what you're consuming though.

I search for liberty cap's apparently there's none thats toxic that look like them. Plus i would get a spore print and get a positive ID before eating anything.

the world is KP's minecraft world

if he runs into a sheep, he shears it and makes himself a coat

if he finds mushrooms, he might eat them

The main problem is cows, They all group up and start running towards you, It can be scary if your not near a fence to make an easy exit.

20130903_142805.jpg

River crossings are a good thrill and zero risk since my smart phone is insured.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah, was fun carving up the roads around the Peak District here. Was totally looking at an S2000 as well, but the last thing I needed was more impracticality after the Celica xD If you do start looking at a Celica, I'd suggest going 2003 and up (facelift) if you're looking at a 140 since they won't have the head gasket issue. If you go for a 190, the some of the 99-01 models have an issue with the lift mechanism in their variable valve timing. It's not something that would kill the engine, but you won't be getting the full horsepower until that's fixed.

Here's the good 'ol japanese princess. I'mma miss her. :(

gWMOXJx.jpg

Definitely remember that when I look around for Celica in the future. Got such a realy soft spot for Japanese convertibles ever since my neighbour had a grey Mitsubishi one growing up. and lol at impracticality, too true for words there.

Definitely remember that when I look around for Celica in the future. Got such a realy soft spot for Japanese convertibles ever since my neighbour had a grey Mitsubishi one growing up. and lol at impracticality, too true for words there.

Yup, if you happen to need any more advice on them just lemme know :) Yeah, when I was on the search, I'd end up looking at the gen 2 RX-7 convertible or a Miata. Can't go wrong with an S2000 though, they are pure beasts.

Mikeside

Looks like I'm going to have a spare early entry ticket for each day of Eurogamer Expo, as PrematureQuiche and I have bought somebody's superpasses (meaning I won't have to queue on Fri-Sunday WOOH!)

Anyone wanna buy any of 'em off me? (face value, of course)

Hasney

Why do people in Leeds hang their washing across the street ?

Mine stays quite nicely indoors rather than strung out along the street.

Welcome Inanna! I think that makes 2 of us in Leeds unless f0rk gets the flat he was talking about earlier.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah, when I was on the search, I'd end up looking at the gen 2 RX-7 convertible or a Miata.

2nd gen miata is what i got atm but it's getting on a bit. Love the way it looks and drives mind you. Slippery as fuck in wet conditions :p S2000 just looks like a better version of the Miata from what I can see.

afoni

Banned

Welcome Inanna! I think that makes 2 of us in Leeds unless f0rk gets the flat he was talking about earlier.

I think he mentioned that he was now a home owner, didn't he?

2nd gen miata is what i got atm but it's getting on a bit. Love the way it looks and drives mind you. Slippery as fuck in wet conditions :p S2000 looks like a better version of the Miata from what I can see.

Compared to the 1st and 2nd gen Miata's, it most definitely is better in pretty much every way. If you get one, it'll be like giving your Miata a mega evolution! Plus revving one to 9k is awwwwwwwwwesome. Yeah, I've been rather driving like a grandma right now in the rain with my IS this morning. Haven't drove a RWD in ages, let alone in the rain! Snow mode will be on until I feel more comfortable with it. :p

Chinner

Banned

theres quite a few in or around leeds. theres 3 of you including ph0rk, and a few people just outside.

A bit of both but mostly the latter, been a fan of them since I discovered their album cult!

I remember a friend introducing me to their Metallica album many many years ago, but I've not really listened to a lot of their stuff since, except a few of the collaborations they've done.

My fave band is The Rasmus and I really like HIM as well, going to see them next month in fact.

afoni

Banned
The third for our house is scaring the shit out of us right now. We've found a great place, we've got the details to give the deposit and now he's decided it's time to figure out whether or not it's a good idea to go through with it.

He seems to think he has the time to think about this, but he really doesn't. This is do or die.

I am so fucking stressed that I could shit myself.

NinjaBoiX

So Hayley Williams hasn't really shaved her head. Apparently that pic is like a year old, and it's just a lookalike anyway. She still has her awesome mane, aww yiss!

I thought she looked a bit odd, with the wide nose and small eyes. But it looked just enough like her to convince me!

All is good again in the world.

yVZKDrW.gif

Kentpaul

The third for our house is scaring the shit out of us right now. We've found a great place, we've got the details to give the deposit and now he's decided it's time to figure out whether or not it's a good idea to go through with it.

He seems to think he has the time to think about this, but he really doesn't. This is do or die.

I am so fucking stressed that I could shit myself.

Good luck, I have a hard time making a choice on what shower gel or something to buy.

unrelated, but HAL ftw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky9VvH8fKhA

Jordan

So Hayley Williams hasn't really shaved her head. Apparently that pic is like a year old, and it's just a lookalike anyway. She still has her awesome mane, aww yiss!

I thought she looked a bit odd, with the wide nose and small eyes. But it looked just enough like her to convince me!

All is good again in the world.

yVZKDrW.gif

iGzD32h.jpg

It's still pretty short though (taken from iTunes Festival 2013)

A Daily Mail article is saying Sheffield is the happiest place in Britain: http://www.*****************/news/a...heffield-happiest-city-Britain-sex-there.html

Replace dem stars with dailymail of course. Banned for a reason, but anyway...

It's not so grim up North: Sheffield is the happiest city in Britain (and it's all because they have more sex there) said:
Sheffield has topped a list of Britain's happiest cities - with a third of the population saying they wake up with a smile on their face every day.
Tellingly, those polled ranked sex highly on the list of factors that keep them feeling upbeat, along with doing good deeds for others, spending time with family and being given a compliment.
The South Yorkshire steel centre beat southern spots including London, Bristol and popular seaside resort Brighton to the number one position.

Edinburgh was second on the list of the happiest cities, beating Brighton into third and the Welsh capital Cardiff into fourth position.

Other Scottish cities fared less well, with the study indicating that only 16 per cent of people in Glasgow feel good daily.cPeople in Norwich, which came in 13th place, rated sex highest on their list of factors that keep them feeling good seven days a week, with 43 per cent of people citing its importance - twice as many as in Belfast.

The study, commissioned by Transform Cosmetic Surgery Group, revealed 61 per cent of Britons say doing something nice for another person is what makes them feel good.
A substantial 72 per cent of people in the happiest city of Sheffield said doing good deeds puts them in a better mood.

In Manchester 60.9 per cent of people said the same, while 62.8 per cent of the population of Southampton said it was important to put other people's needs first in order to retain a sunny demeanour.

A total of 20.8 per cent of those surveyed said they felt at their best on a Saturday.
But the study also revealed a quarter of Britons never feel good about themselves. When asked to state the situation most likely to make them lose their confidence, over 25 per cent said looking at their own reflection.

OEokS4D.jpg

62P8TRR.gif

NinjaBoiX

iGzD32h.jpg

It's still pretty short though (taken from iTunes Festival 2013)
It wasn't even the shaved head mate, I was just like "how come she looks a whole lot less hot?" That other chick has a beak and tiny eyes.

Also, I had the "is this a sign she is going to crack up like Britney" worry too.

It's all good in the hood bro! Two weeks mang. ;)

Chinner

Banned
i'm not too surprised, most of the sheffield population is addicted to meth and are not even aware that there are roads that lead out of sheffield. ignorance is bliss.

in good news, to mirror that of afonis, looks like our paperwork has gone through for our village cottage and we should be able to move in tomorrow, maybe one day we can have a britgaf meetup in a field outside and then we can move in and roast marshmellows on our woodburner fueld by every post made by tashbrooke

8bit

Knows the Score
"Other Scottish cities fared less well, with the study indicating that only 16 per cent of people in Glasgow feel good daily."

That's what happens when you don't see the Sun on a regular basis.

Jordan

She's been doing this thing with eye shadow where she is giving herself "panda eyes" and where she sweats it looks like she has been crying where it's all dripping down her face... It's quite weird.

in good news, to mirror that of afonis, looks like our paperwork has gone through for our village cottage and we should be able to move in tomorrow, maybe one day we can have a britgaf meetup in a field outside and then we can move in and roast marshmellows on our woodburner fueld by every post made by tashbrooke

That actually sounds like pretty sweet, set it up duck!

NinjaBoiX

Hayley Williams looking mighty cute with short(er) hair.

cover_media_cmg6684e353-3507-4988-854c-1f98c3562d86_0

Looks wicked!

She's been doing this thing with eye shadow where she is giving herself "panda eyes" and where she sweats it looks like she has been crying where it's all dripping down her face... It's quite weird.

tumblr_lk6rdbua3r1qf3c5io1_500.gif

It was too obvious, I couldn't help myself!

She has the craziest style on stage with this tour. I saw one set where she had illuminous yellow shorts on, and had then dripped the same colour paint down her legs. It looked so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom