• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Friday tomorrow!

sogood.gif

EDIT: Top of page, woohoo!

tumblr_lv0gvyYAxx1qhizk9o1_500.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Got a fucking hayfever/cold/hangover hybrid at work...atleast I have my laptop to get coursework and shit done

Finish at 6, counting the minutes

NinjaBoiX

Haven't listened to their other stuff yet, but it's just that beat.
Yeah, it's so infectious! I was just out the back having a spliff there, and it was looping in my head. Damn you Jordan!

I'm going to plug you some of The Roots as you seem to be in the mood for hip-hop. Best hip-hop group around for me, so damn good. It's a combination of Blackthought and Malik B being amazing MC's, and Questlove with the live drums giving the whole sound this smooth groove. They're a proper hip-hop band, so musically gifted.

Proceed

The Next Movement

Do You Want More?!!!??

Rich!

I've just gone back to my old forum and posted a few things.

It's like re-visiting a village I used to live in whilst a kid before migrating to the big city. It's really strange.

afoni

Banned
On the DLR. Going past East India always reminds me of the time I pissed on the platform, probably with an audience in the buildings adding up to around 100 odd people.

Completely sober, nearly pissed my pants.

SuperSah

Banned
On the DLR. Going past East India always reminds me of the time I pissed on the platform, probably with an audience in the buildings adding up to around 100 odd people.

Completely sober, nearly pissed my pants.

You're on a DLR? Where are you located at? I ride the DLR pretty often too.

But you're not old enough to play it bro, paperwork for your immediate ban from GAF is being processed right now

Pls stahp

Joined the GTA V crew, I'll be on 360. I got three months of Gold to tide me over until the PS4, I don't play much multi outside of fightan' gamez and the odd game of League but we'll see what happens.

Chinner

Banned
i don't really have an interest anymore to do journo, but if i can actually do office admin then thats good. i imagine the skills is somewhat transferable.

Chinner

Banned
it seemed like a good idea at the time but then i learned about the realities of the job.

or what are you trying to suggest shortz? that i should become a videogame journalist and write for IGN?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
it seemed like a good idea at the time but then i learned about the realities of the job.

or what are you trying to suggest shortz, that i should become a videogame journalist and write for IGN?

Work in a cinema, It's a perfect audience for your skyfall fanboyism.

SKINNER!

Banned

or what are you trying to suggest shortz? that i should become a videogame journalist and write for IGN?

nah man. nothing like that. I just assumed that if you didn't want to do journalism at uni then you could've easily changed to another degree with the help of a guidance teacher. I figured you were doing a degree you had no interest in. To be fair, I know a few folk who are doing freelance writing/journalism and it's working out great for them.

8bit

Knows the Score
Degrees are largely irrelevant to what you might find yourself doing post university. All it shows is that you've got the discipline to hunker down and work, IMO. Go and find something you want to do.

Disclaimer, I don't have a degree.

--

post kentpaul edit : The smartest guy I knew studied English and passed with a platinum trophy or whatever you get at the end of a degree at Uni. He sells sweets to children at a concession outside a cinema after spending several years working behind a bar.

Chinner

Banned
nah man. nothing like that. I just assumed that if you didn't want to do journalism at uni then you could've easily changed to another degree with the help of a guidance teacher. I figured you were doing a degree you had no interest in. To be fair, I know a few folk who are doing freelance writing/journalism and it's working out great for them.

yeah i know, shamefully i came to that conclusion in my third year so there wasn't much point dropping out and frankly not sure if i really wanna bother with higher education anymore.

freelance journalism requires you to have free or prepared to work for free for awhile (unless you got those contacts). we've just come back to the country and i've got hte pressure on the land on my feet running as we need the money to be able afford rent, food, furniture etc. i'll rethink career stuff later on but at the moment i need to ideally find a job that pays above min wage. fast.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Ha, you did exactly the same as me, although I guess you at least got your degree rather than being a dropout like myself. I think that journalism courses are designed to not make you want to be a journalist any more. All the enthusiasm you have at the start is very quickly beaten out of you, it sucks. And now I run exams at a posh school, fuck it. At least you got some education and the ability to think a little clearer than before, that was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom