• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Degrees are largely irrelevant to what you might find yourself doing post university. All it shows is that you've got the discipline to hunker down and work, IMO. Go and find something you want to do.

Disclaimer, I don't have a degree.

--

post kentpaul edit : The smartest guy I knew studied English and passed with a platinum trophy or whatever you get at the end of a degree at Uni. He sells sweets to children at a concession outside a cinema after spending several years working behind a bar.

Well what can you do with an English degree?

So who here plays DOTA? I want to get a team together. We have a few members already as a guild, but hopefully we can switch players in and out and get something started.

f0rk

Übermatik;80188433 said:
So who here plays DOTA? I want to get a team together. We have a few members already as a guild, but hopefully we can switch players in and out and get something started.

I think it's just me and Lirlond.
I'm still not very good though and probably won't be able to play much at all for a couple of months.

NinjaBoiX

GG Musha. I sucked the most, hands up!

Apart from Jed who left after one game when the missus came home, despite saying he wouldn't.

W6MH2l9.jpg

Lirlond

Übermatik;80195949 said:
Ah okay, well thanks for the reply.

Lirlond, where you at?

I play a fair bit. Mostly coaching my mates atm though. Not that im too great myself. Only clocked about 1000 hours.

Apart from Jed who left after one game when the missus came home, despite saying he wouldn't.

W6MH2l9.jpg

Yeah I kicked ass after Jed left! Was very enjoyable game.

Just had a lovely long Skype chat with Mike, now I'm very tired and it's late. Thank fuck it's Friday tomorrow.

holy shit i might have a house come saturday hnnnnnngggg

Congrats dude!

afoni

Banned
We might have run into a problem.

One of our housemates is being a dickhead about the deposit.

Musha jinxed it.

8bit

Knows the Score

Musha jinxed it.

Assuming being a dick is not wanting to contribute share of the deposit then drop him as a housemate. He can live in a tent.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

W6MH2l9.jpg

Soorrrryyyy!! She just kept on looking at me and trying to talk and I blatantly wasn't listening to her, felt very guilty :| That and I still had to have a bath and get to bed for 11.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Does that gameplay trailer look like a joke to you? PS3 footage dude. They've leaned from their mistakes. Max Payne 3 ran just fine and looked damn good.

I always live by the multiplats are better on 360 mindset and it does me fine. Didn't the 360 version of GTA IV even run at a higher resolution lol ? As a PC gamer graphics matter to me.

Not to mention party chat, I dig party chat.

Mikeside

I always live by the multiplats are better on 360 mindset and it does me fine. Didn't the 360 version of GTA IV even run at a higher resolution lol ? As a PC gamer graphics matter to me.

Not to mention party chat, I dig party chat.

GTA IV was a long time ago, when multiplats were basically guaranteed to be shit on PS3.

Things are a bit different now, or they seem to be - recent PS3 versions I've played have been much better than the older ones & I'm pretty confident that R* are happy with the PS3 version or they wouldn't be showing it over the 360 version (even WITH a deal from Sony - they're not going to show the shitter version of their game if there's much difference)

8bit

Knows the Score
Having read the book I'm really curious how they're going to show
the tapeworm
. Still, McAvoy looks great as Robertson, even if I pictured him as a little older.

Hasney

Musha jinxed it.

God, I remember this hell from earlier in the year. Found a house in Leeds the 3 of us loved and then the third guy left us hanging for 2 months telling us it was all in hand, but it never was. Then some other douche friend of my second housemate did the same and in the end I had to pay the deposit for this other guy to get him moved in so I had somewhere to live.

LUCKILY everything has been smooth since then.

SKINNER!

Banned
Congrats on the new sweet ride Donkey!

Having read the book I'm really curious how they're going to show
the tapeworm
. Still, McAvoy looks great as Robertson, even if I pictured him as a little older.

Never read the book but the trailer actually makes me want to read the book first. Fingers crossed the film turns out good.

God, I remember this hell from earlier in the year. Found a house in Leeds the 3 of us loved and then the third guy left us hanging for 2 months telling us it was all in hand, but it never was. Then some other douche friend of my second housemate did the same and in the end I had to pay the deposit for this other guy to get him moved in so I had somewhere to live.

LUCKILY everything has been smooth since then.

and people ask me why I live on my own. Shit, not to put up with any flaky folk like that.

In other news,
I live this life at a pace that anyone can go
Know your place and dedicate your role, to the faith that you'll die alone
Trace your steps when I do step in a fire of broken bones
And I require my heart's desire and when I reap what I sew
I bought my momma a Benz! my boobie a Jag!
A car for my dogs...with a roof full of glass!

But still I be feeling like none of my light never casts
Out of that black cloud that's been watered down since my first chopper blast

- Kendrick Lamar

Fuck, why you so great K-dot? why!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom