• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I forgot to mention, but three weeks ago I managed to obtain a weight.

Three weeks later, my arms are much, much more bulked up before and man it feels good. I finally have a nice sizeable arm and enough muscle behind it too. I've been doing three workouts a day, have a nice stable income of vitamins and a good amount of protein. Keeping it up and i'm pretty damn happy.

I now resemble most teenagers these days. I'm loving it. :3

20130906_170910.jpg

Working out is the best security one can have in the world.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Mumford and Sons are the most annoying fucking band recording today. That guy's terrible, paper thin, "I'm so emotionally tortured I sound like I'm going to cry every second word" voice, the mawkish sentiment of every single line of lyrics, the cooker cutter "banjo hoedown" riffs that frame that bit at the end of every song where that all sing acapella in unison, urgh!

I actually shouted "fuck off cunts" at the radio there the second I heard that infuriating quivering voice.

Mumford and Sons, please...

stop-stop.gif

They definitely don't reach the emotional depths that Paramore do, that's for sure.

Mikeside

My fave band is The Rasmus and I really like HIM as well, going to see them next month in fact.

They're all like this. Sounds like something the Emo kids from South Park would come up with.

Actually that's insulting to the Emo kids.

I like Mumford & Sons, but I'm under no disillusion that they're fairly cookie cutter. HIM, though...ughhh.

Funnily enough they really DO sound like the emo kids from South Park.

I'm liking this. It doesn't even take 15 minutes either, which is great. I'm thrilled and I appreciate your previous advice man. Thanks a lot! :)

Until I can afford a gym membership again (hopefully next few months) I'm currently doing my own take on the 100 press up challenge. Started at three sets of 12 press ups, four weeks later I'm now at two sets of 35, one of which is with my arms spread wide. Usually knock the goal up five reps every 5-7 days.

Already feeling and looking much better for it.

SuperSah

Banned
Until I can afford a gym membership again (hopefully next few months) I'm currently doing my own take on the 100 press up challenge. Started at three sets of 12 press ups, four weeks later I'm now at two sets of 35, one of which is with my arms spread wide. Usually knock the goal up five reps every 5-7 days.

Good luck man! I'm just using a weight and also doing press-ups. I'm pretty damn happy with the current results.

Keep it up man, press-ups can get real hard after a while for me. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003VV2AOO/

Buy these badboys, You will be just chilling after taking one then you will get some motivation to lift and keep going past your limit.

I'm sure I have some of this shit downstairs in the meds cabinet. I find some energy drinks help (don't drink them too often though) and Vitamin C tablets containing 1000mg usually give me the get-up and go to continue.

Currently doing 1.5hrs a day, i'll try and bump that up after next week. A month then move on etc.

Had a massive protein rich meal too, fish, breads, milks, yoghurts, chips etc. and i'll be doing this everyday in the addition to eating a bunch of shit.

afoni

Banned
if nothing fucks up in the next few hours i should have keys for a nice little house by 2pm tomorrow

yayzers

I did that and the highest number I hit was around 54. Stopped after a month though.

Good luck man! I'm just using a weight and also doing press-ups. I'm pretty damn happy with the current results.

Keep it up man, press-ups can get real hard after a while for me. :)

Cheers, you too!
I've got weights too, but with the top ones being 4.5kg, they aren't going to get me far :/
Mainly do three sets of bent over chest flies and a couple of other exercises to keep me ticking over.

I might end up getting some press up handles actually, I don't want my girly wrists ruined by so many reps!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Cheers, you too!
I've got weights too, but with the top ones being 4.5kg, they aren't going to get me far :/
Mainly do three sets of bent over chest flies and a couple of other exercises to keep me ticking over.

I might end up getting some press up handles actually, I don't want my girly wrists ruined by so many reps![/QUOTE]

Lol bubble wrap and working out doesn't go yo. Gotta keep this shit ghetto as fuck for manly results yo.

You got to know pain.

Symphonia

Banned
So I just stuffed myself with pizza and about to divulge in some cheesecake. All this while watching Revolution. Tonight's a good night.

SuperSah

Banned
Cheers, you too!

I might end up getting some press up handles actually, I don't want my girly wrists ruined by so many reps!

Infact, mine's 4kg and it strains me and makes me hurt like fuck. Most likely because i'm not used to this, but it's showing impressive results and I guess for my age it's alright! I'm going to buy a 10kg one in two weeks when I get paid. Up that ante, yo.

Those press-up handles look good. I use a small box to balance my hands when doing press-ups, it works well. I find using my hands on the floor itch a lot as carpet often gives me a funny side-reaction.

My mum also dug out some hold hand-squeezing things. You squeeze them and it helps your wrist and also your arms, I don't know the name of them though and she also got out a skipping rope I can use to warm-up or just have fun with.

Also, still got my ab-roller for toning my stomach, which is working well actually! I recommend one if you need it, it helps a lot.

afoni

Banned
Those grip things are good for when you're one handing a mouse with a computer. Great for idle moments.

Plus there are masturbational benefits.

afoni

Banned
3rd housemate is fucking about again

he's genuinely doing background checks on our landlord-to-be because he doesn't trust her

i am going to fucking kill him if he doesn't get this sorted

Chinner

Banned
robocop trailer looked okay. i'm willing to give it a chance its made in a era far different than the 80s so i understand it will be doing a different thing to the original.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
i'm not too surprised, most of the sheffield population is addicted to meth and are not even aware that there are roads that lead out of sheffield. ignorance is bliss.

in good news, to mirror that of afonis, looks like our paperwork has gone through for our village cottage and we should be able to move in tomorrow, maybe one day we can have a britgaf meetup in a field outside and then we can move in and roast marshmellows on our woodburner fueld by every post made by tashbrooke

fire wont burn long now, check the post count for the thread ducky

robocop trailer looked okay. i'm willing to give it a chance its made in a era far different than the 80s so i understand it will be doing a different thing to the original.

I found it to be surprisingly not terrible. It'll be worth going to see for Samuel L. Jackson's wig (there's no way that's his hair, right?) alone, that thing is glorious, he looks like a black Ron Burgundy.

Induction day went okay. I've basically committed to giving up fun for four years, which sounds delightful.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I found it to be surprisingly not terrible. It'll be worth going to see for Samuel L. Jackson's wig (there's no way that's his hair, right?) alone, that thing is glorious, he looks like a black Ron Burgundy.

Induction day went okay. I've basically committed to giving up fun for four years, which sounds delightful.

Induction for what?

afoni

Banned
Went pub with people because it was a friend's birthday. Took the edge off a bit. Didn't continue to the club because tomorrow is important.

Still a bit worried though. Relying on someone unreliable... yeah.

Chinner

Banned
alright lads I'm on the lookout for a new tv, it would preferably be 40 + , be a smart tv, good brand and be under 450 pounds. help?

SuperSah

Banned
Might venture into Tesco for food. Decide for me, BritGAF.

Get some of their fresh Sushi trays. I doubt their fresh food aisle is open though, stock usually arrives 6am.

Uhm, try Just Water juice. It's pure Lemon/Lime in a bottle. It's amazing.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Might venture into Tesco for food. Decide for me, BritGAF.

Get the cold sandwich on white bread with mayo. Nonono, wait, never mind, get the cold sandwich on white bread with mayo AND some digestive biscuits!

Symphonia

Banned
I'm drunk as fuck and totally happy.

Or happy as fuck and totally drunk.

Either way, I have cheesecake and crisps and my good friend Jack.

Pip, pip.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Good news mate, minus the atrocious spelling.

I'm off out, I apologise if any of you get random phone calls (Tash/Mike) and I apologise if I post shit on GAF
I'll be on skype just for you
Edit: Fuck it, feelings aren't allowed.
?? Sup brah?
alright lads I'm on the lookout for a new tv, it would preferably be 40 + , be a smart tv, good brand and be under 450 pounds. help?
I wus gonna help you but then u were mean

bet ur sorry now huh
CHEEZMO™;80398641 said:
vodka Y/N?
How is this even a question

afoni

Banned
Get the cold sandwich on white bread with mayo. Nonono, wait, never mind, get the cold sandwich on white bread with mayo AND some digestive biscuits!
Hey man, you're not the boss of me, just the forum I go on.

I also hate mayo. Blegh.

BritGaf is weirder than usual tonight.

So this week I reckon I've spent about 15 hours reading, 4 of which were tonight. These books are so damn good!

f0rk

BritGaf is weirder than usual tonight.

So this week I reckon I've spent about 15 hours reading, 4 of which were tonight. These books are so damn good!

What are you reading? I've nearly finished Wolf Hall and it's great; given me faith that historical fiction can be good. Not sure whether to jump straight into the sequel which is supposedly better or read something shorter. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom