• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

my buddy Kev and I are planning a zombie party for the first episode of TWD season 4.

Drum & bass, hip hop, watch the episode, all dress as zombies and drink heavily.
it's gonna be boss, y'all.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
my buddy Kev and I are planning a zombie party for the first episode of TWD season 4.

Drum & bass, hip hop, watch the episode, all dress as zombies and drink heavily.
it's gonna be boss, y'all.

Say hi to kev for me and that the codine was much appreciated, fucking gutted it ran out

Lirlond

The best tesco sandwich is the chicken and chorizo with chilli mayo. FACT. Ive eaten every one of those sandwiches and wraps so dont dispute.

Sushi is rubbish from tesco

Symphonia

Banned
I just saw my neighbours having sex in their kitchen.

My eyes are melting as we speak.

Or that could possibly be as a result of the pizza I just burnt.

I don't know. Or do I?

I need to stop thinking.

I possibly need to go to bed.

Symphonia

Banned
They're really not hot at all.

My pizza IS hot though. And delicious.

I have the munchies and I don't know why. I'm not even high.

Or drunk. Maybe a little drunk. OK, a bit.

afoni

Banned
Housemate still isn't being fucking clear about what's going on with the money. He's STILL not transferred it to the landlord's account and seems to be dead set on transferring it to someone else's account so we can pull out a banker's draft despite needing 24 hours notice to get one from our banks. I've suggested just directly transferring the money to her, but he's paranoid that she's out to rip us off because he suspects everyone and can't take into account that not everyone lives in a dog eat dog world.

What pisses me off more than anything is that he thought it was okay to 'think it over' because he had other avenues when he knew it would fuck over two of his friends if he backed out. He didn't even hide that fact, he was just bluntly saying this place didn't matter to HIM as much as it did to us. We could have had this all sorted by yesterday at lunchtime if he'd have stopped trying to control a situation he had no right to fucking control.

If we show up to meet the landlord at 2pm today and he hasn't transferred the money, I am probably going to punch him very hard in the stomach next time I see him. Don't think anything could be more embarrassing than showing up to pick up keys and finding out he hasn't paid the deposit.

What are you reading? I've nearly finished Wolf Hall and it's great; given me faith that historical fiction can be good. Not sure whether to jump straight into the sequel which is supposedly better or read something shorter. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is on my list.

The Mortal Instruments trilogy. Went to see the film two weeks ago, came home and saw the books on my bookshelf, I'd completely forgotten I had them. I'd just started reading another book though, Redshirts, so I finished that in a few days (it was excellent) and started on these, just over halfway through the third book now.

SuperSah

Banned
GTA V requires 8GB download.

My memory stick is 16GB but Xbox claims it's under the "performance recommendations". I've NEVER had an issue through installed demos or games, even with Forza's install disk. I should be okay, right?

Hasney

GTA V requires 8GB download.

My memory stick is 16GB but Xbox claims it's under the "performance recommendations". I've NEVER had an issue through installed demos or games, even with Forza's install disk. I should be okay, right?

You might get more pop-in than someone on a proper hard drive, but OK otherwise.

NinjaBoiX

Housemate still isn't being fucking clear about what's going on with the money. He's STILL not transferred it to the landlord's account and seems to be dead set on transferring it to someone else's account so we can pull out a banker's draft despite needing 24 hours notice to get one from our banks. I've suggested just directly transferring the money to her, but he's paranoid that she's out to rip us off because he suspects everyone and can't take into account that not everyone lives in a dog eat dog world.

What pisses me off more than anything is that he thought it was okay to 'think it over' because he had other avenues when he knew it would fuck over two of his friends if he backed out. He didn't even hide that fact, he was just bluntly saying this place didn't matter to HIM as much as it did to us. We could have had this all sorted by yesterday at lunchtime if he'd have stopped trying to control a situation he had no right to fucking control.

If we show up to meet the landlord at 2pm today and he hasn't transferred the money, I am probably going to punch him very hard in the stomach next time I see him. Don't think anything could be more embarrassing than showing up to pick up keys and finding out he hasn't paid the deposit.
That sucks dude, he sounds like a major ballache. My housemates look like saints now, at least the money and stuff is never an issue with them. Just one or two are noisy bastards, one is a messy bastard, and one is a grumpy bastard!

Could you not find anyone else to move in? I'm not sure I'd want to live with this guy by the sounds of it.

afoni

Banned
That sucks dude, he sounds like a major ballache. My housemates look like saints now, at least the money and stuff is never an issue with them. Just one or two are noisy bastards, one is a messy bastard, and one is a grumpy bastard!

Could you not find anyone else to move in? I'm not sure I'd want to live with this guy by the sounds of it.

He's easy to keep in line when you're dealing with him in person, but when you can't keep a leash on him he's just a pain in the dick.

It's literally just a case of waiting for word from him now. If he hasn't transferred the money as soon as the bank is open (ie, 9am, now) I am going to be so embarrassed about meeting this landlord later today.

Hasney

He's easy to keep in line when you're dealing with him in person, but when you can't keep a leash on him he's just a pain in the dick.

It's literally just a case of waiting for word from him now. If he hasn't transferred the money as soon as the bank is open (ie, 9am, now) I am going to be so embarrassed about meeting this landlord later today.

Just remember, you're not the first to be in this situation and you won't be the last. The landlord/letting agent has probably seen it all and much worse situations than this.

afoni

Banned
Just remember, you're not the first to be in this situation and you won't be the last. The landlord/letting agent has probably seen it all and much worse situations than this.

She's travelling by train from Kent to hand over the keys. If she's made that journey for nothing, she'll be pissed.

NinjaBoiX

afoni, assuming it all goes to plan, set up another account in your name then get him and everyone else to set up a standing order into the account on a given date.

That's what I did, I've had no problems. You don't want to be in the situation where you have to ask for the money, it should just be an automatic thing, it's a pre-requisite for a harmonious house share in my experience.

afoni

Banned
We've talked about that, but I'm going to make sure that I'm in charge of it. I don't want any repeats of this bollocks happening again.

NinjaBoiX

We've talked about that, but I'm going to make sure that I'm in charge of it. I don't want any repeats of this bollocks happening again.
Yeah, that's the best way mate.

Sure, it's a bit of extra stress, but someone has to take control. I basically organised everything, bank account, power, water, TV license, council tax, yadda yadda. And that's besides having to instruct one or two of them in the fine art of carrying out simple everyday tasks. I honestly wouldn't trust any of them to keep a handle on it, as sound and trustworthy as they all are!

Seriously, some of the stuff these guys are simply incapable of doing is a bit embarrassing. Watching them attempt to build the furniture when we moved in was some Chuckle Brothers shenanigans.

afoni

Banned
just got a text

"forgot her bank details so give me yours"

OR I COULD SEND YOU HERS AND CUT OUT A POINTLESS MIDDLE MAN?

Edit: this whole shit just justifies my cynicism 100%

Chinner

Banned
why is he paranoid? i don't really understand it. i assume you've approached a somewhat reputable letter? there are systems set up to protect both parties in house letting. does he even have any experience in letting or has he rented a house before? sounds like hes just scared because of second hand information his parents have told him.

NinjaBoiX

just got a text

"forgot her bank details so give me yours"

OR I COULD SEND YOU HERS AND CUT OUT A POINTLESS MIDDLE MAN?

Edit: this whole shit just justifies my cynicism 100%
jags.gif

That guy be cray.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Home already, stone cold sober. So fucked off.

Stupid cunting feelings.
What's wrang man? drop me a pm

This made me pretty angry, my housemates doing my head in at the moment too, should we just move in together

Chinner

Banned
u guys shud get girlfriends and move in with them. totes easier.

p.s. ive finished my cv but im not sure about the layout. does hae any recommendations??

Symphonia

Banned
afoni, I'm glad the fucker finally paid up. You've seemingly been rather stressed and somewhat anxious about this, and with good reason. You can now finally begin to relax at last. I hope it all goes well with the landlord, man, make sure you never let that dickhead housemate forget this.

afoni

Banned
afoni, I'm glad the fucker finally paid up. You've seemingly been rather stressed and somewhat anxious about this, and with good reason. You can now finally begin to relax at last. I hope it all goes well with the landlord, man, make sure you never let that dickhead housemate forget this.

There are two semi-double rooms and one box room.

Guess which room he's getting.

afoni

Banned
Oh, he's going to get more than a mouthful from me to make up for it. If he tries to say anything along the lines of, "that wasn't so bad," I will lay the fuck into him with a verbal beatdown more violent than a man who projectile vomits cinder blocks.

Don't you worry.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The best tesco sandwich is the chicken and chorizo with chilli mayo. FACT. Ive eaten every one of those sandwiches and wraps so dont dispute.

Sushi is rubbish from tesco
I'll give it a try next time. I usually go for the chicken and bacon "healthy" option. Mostly because the regular chicken and bacon from tesco looks like moosh.

I'll give it a try next time. I usually go for the chicken and bacon "healthy" option. Mostly because the regular chicken and bacon from tesco looks like moosh.

Chicken and bacon is mush, but if you upgrade to chicken, stuffing and bacon you're gonna do better. That's normally my go to.

Wunder

Hello BritGAF!

I'm moving to London on Tuesday for university and was wondering if there were any basic pointers I should know? I went there in February to visit my brother and it was a blast and I had no real issues. Also, I was thinking of building a desktop while over there, is it best to order everything online and have it delivered and build it or are there places around the city where I can pick stuff up? What would the best websites/stores be?

Thanks in advance and hopefully I can attend a meet-up or two in the near future!

Darren870

Went out on the piss with work mates last night. Went to a Ramen bar called Bone Daddies

Hollllyyyyy Shit. God the food was amazing. You queue up but you can drink while you wait. Was soooo declicious. Definitely check it out if your in the area

http://bonedaddiesramen.com/

In other news. Planned all my flights for getting to NY on November 27th. From there I might make a cheeky stop in Vegas before heading down to South America.

NinjaBoiX

got the keys to our house. just need to start buying shit/get on finance as the house is unfurnished. does mean i can get a big telly and play gta on time though!
Are you playing on PS3? You should join the BritGAF crew on R* Social Club.

Embrace the clique duckboy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom