• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
It’s amazing how the human mind and heart work. One action can bring you down and make you feel that life isn’t worth living but then a few choice words from someone unexpected, and you feel on top of the world. This feeling of euphoria is one of the few reasons why I enjoy being alive, to not only be able to feel that but to also make others experience that feeling too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It’s amazing how the human mind and heart work. One action can bring you down and make you feel that life isn’t worth living but then a few choice words from someone unexpected, and you feel on top of the world. This feeling of euphoria is one of the few reasons why I enjoy being alive, to not only be able to feel that but to also make others experience that feeling too.

I think you might be bi-polar dude :p

But yeah, the highs are worth the lows IMO. And the highs are something that we have to create opportunities for, they don't come so much when we're just in our houses.

Unless we're playing GTA.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Bought an apartment in GTAO and it has no fucking view, FML. On a lighter note the best thing ever is going down.

"The original Grand Theft Auto is getting a 3D remake"

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...inal-grand-theft-auto-is-getting-a-3d-remake/

Only the 10 car garages have a view. Wait for the windfall later this week and get the 200k one.

A 3D remake of GTA1 would be mad though, I wonder how that would work with the cars and such? I still have a PS1 copy of it I think, I should stick it in and give it a whirl. I remember the bikes were fucking deathtraps.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6t9bEeeIFc

GTA 1 was the shit, passing the pad with a friend causing chaos. Banging soundtrack too, I wonder if life would be worth living without GTA games ? in other news, I'm pretty bored sitting aound the house, Want this phonecall asap for the starting date for my placement. Get my hands dirty and the cash flowing for techno events! My new goal in life. Yo jed does that track i linked put a big grin on your face ? Happycore FTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvOvd0DV0k

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6t9bEeeIFc

GTA 1 was the shit, passing the pad with a friend causing chaos. Banging soundtrack too, I wonder if life would be worth living without GTA games ? in other news, I'm pretty bored sitting aound the house, Want this phonecall asap for the starting date for my placement. Get my hands dirty and the cash flowing for techno events! My new goal in life. Yo jed does that track i linked put a big grin on your face ? Happycore FTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvOvd0DV0k

I did smile but it was more in an 'aw bless' kinda way :)

When do we get paid our £250,000 on GTAO?

End of the week apparently.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I like how everyone convieniently forgets the last fad when hyping up the next. Remember that music jam website we were all badgered to sign up for? lol

CHEEZMO™;86386996 said:
What's whatsapp?
Latest fad smartphone application. If you hop on now, you might get a few weeks of relevance before Christmas, when it'll be forgotten or replaced by something else.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I used that website a few times. But since it couldn't make a playlist based on the song you uploaded despite being to search for music based on that tune it was a bit pointless.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I like how everyone convieniently forgets the last fad when hyping up the next. Remember that music jam website we were all badgered to sign up for? lol

Latest fad smartphone application. If you hop on now, you might get a few weeks of relevance before Christmas, when it'll be forgotten or replaced by something else.

Latest fad? Been going strong for a while now.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Alright nerds I need help

Landlords son loves his games and wants a laptop capable of running mainly platformers and indie games, nothing majorly demanding, I'd say the bench mark is that it would need to be capable of running anything using source engine and shit like minecraft/terraria, lets say he has a budget of £400 for a laptop, needs to be something that would run it no problem but as cheap as possible preferred

help me dudes

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I've been using it for like 2 years or so. Easiest way to text people over the world for free.

I like how i can speak to my friends without being committed to a phonecall. The britgaf chat is also pretty good.

Wish more of you guys would send voice clips though!

Landlords son loves his games and wants a laptop capable of running mainly platformers and indie games, nothing majorly demanding, I'd say the bench mark is that it would need to be capable of running anything using source engine and shit like minecraft/terraria, lets say he has a budget of £400 for a laptop, needs to be something that would run it no problem but as cheap as possible preferred

help me dudes

Why isn't your landlords son addicted to GTA V ONLINE like the rest of the first world ?

8bit

Knows the Score

My jam this week is FEAR by Adam Freeland : https://www.thisismyjam.com/stx (Level 5 of Rez)

(Was reminded by overuse of California Soul in GTAV)

SteveWD40

help me dudes

Source and Indies? Any £400 laptop will do released in the past year. Not sure if there Haswell laptops in that range but any intergrated card (intel hd4000 for example) should do.

Edit: try the Thinkpad Edge, some are under £400 and they tend to be built like tanks.

Jordan

Source and Indies? Any £400 laptop will do released in the past year. Not sure if there Haswell laptops in that range but any intergrated card (intel hd4000 for example) should do.

Edit: try the Thinkpad Edge, some are under £400 and they tend to be built like tanks.

How's Heathstone bud?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I hate this maths class. Someone get Big Pete in a time machine so be can push Descartes off a bridge.

People don't know about whatsapp? I guess if you don't talk to people across the world like I do with relatives everywhere, then I can see the ignorance.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People don't know about whatsapp? I guess if you don't talk to people across the world like I do with relatives everywhere, then I can see the ignorance.
Well if one:
doesn't know anyone else who uses it.
doesn't have a data plan
doesn't have a smart phone.

It's quite easy to see why they'd have never heard of it. It's not like they advertise on the tele 24/7 like webuyanycar.com.

Symphonia

Banned
Is there a cheatsheet for who is who?
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure you have to add the person to your phonebook as Whatsapp uses phone numbers as profiles. So just take the number of that person and name them accordingly. Or am I being dumb?

8bit

Knows the Score
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure you have to add the person to your phonebook as Whatsapp uses phone numbers as profiles. So just take the number of that person and name them accordingly. Or am I being dumb?

Well, some of the whatapps numbers have real names attached but I'm not sure who those folk are here. Some are kind of obvious, but others are not so much.

PS, you're all chatty bastards. I've been in meetings for the last three hours and I'm surprised the notification light on my phone hasn't melted.

--

Oh, and I'm kind of looking forward to Contrast now. An arty platformer, Mark Cerny platformer & Mario World in one week can only be a good thing.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
every now and then, I'm struck with the realisation that the phone is the most incredible invention ever. I can call anywhere on the planet RIGHT NOW and have a conversation with almost anyone. Why don't we do this more often? Call up Guam and ask them how it's going, find out what the weather is like in Alaska today?

I guess a lot of the time we're restricted my language, but even that could be fun. I want to call Japan just to hear them say "mushi mushi" when someone answers the phone.

Has anyone here had experience with international prank/investigative calling?

SKINNER!

Banned
Who would've thought a small chat app would single-handedly kill BritGAF?

dTMO14l.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4

every now and then, I'm struck with the realisation that the phone is the most incredible invention ever. I can call anywhere on the planet RIGHT NOW and have a conversation with almost anyone. Why don't we do this more often? Call up Guam and ask them how it's going, find out what the weather is like in Alaska today?

I guess a lot of the time we're restricted my language, but even that could be fun. I want to call Japan just to hear them say "mushi mushi" when someone answers the phone.

Has anyone here had experience with international prank/investigative calling?

no but for a dare I talked to a woman on one of those sex chat lines for half an hour about all kinds of things, mostly the weather and what her plans for christmas were.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
no but for a dare I talked to a woman on one of those sex chat lines for half an hour about all kinds of things, mostly the weather and what her plans for christmas were.

Did you not ask her what she was wearing at least?

Who would've thought a small chat app would single-handedly kill BritGAF?

Even though I'm on it myself, I kinda agree. There is nothing being said on there that couldn't be said here and it's draining the fuck out of my phone battery too :p Let's bring it back to the thread folks. Look, it's friday and Musha's not even asked about our weekend plans yet. THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD

Did you not ask her what she was wearing at least?

Even though I'm on it myself, I kinda agree. There is nothing being said on there that couldn't be said here and it's draining the fuck out of my phone battery too :p Let's bring it back to the thread folks. Look, it's friday and Musha's not even asked about our weekend plans yet. THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD

Actually that's more to do with me being really stupidly fucking busy in work. Still, can't neglect my Gaf duties. So, what's everyone doing this weekend?

I actually have no plans for once, except going over to 7aged's for a photoshoot. And no, it won't be for personal use (I hope!). Playing GTAV, finishing S2 GoT.

You're all talking on Whatsapp, and here I am, sat at home with fuck all to do and nobody talks to me. Feelin' the love, people.

Join us on Whatsapp then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom