• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know how to explain it because it's still all going through the paperwork but basically, some freelance design work I did a year or so was spotted by an agent for a book publisher and they want me to adapt the work slightly so they can use it for their own series of books. It would involve them paying me a small fee for the initial work and then a small fee for every copy of the book sold due to royalties. Again, nothing concrete but, fuck me, this is amazing.

That's really awesome. What sort of book is it?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Ugh I hate having to change my password because my old one may have been compromised, i dont even have anything to be stolen, what you gonna do HACKKKERZ, level up my old COD character on sexbox live

I have no money or valuable info to steal innit

it was only because tashbrooke would never act like a son to him
How do you know this

I know, man. I'm so fucking hype.

i have no idea why though because i have no idea what you're on about

Guys, how do I break the STRANGER barrier and get talking to a girl in one of my modules at uni.

I need help from a veteran here.

Urgh same but it as a girl at a society. Even worse is I can't remember what her name is because she said it once when we were talking really briefly in a loud pub. Can imagine it playing out like that Seinfeld episode.

Hystzen

I know, man. I'm so fucking hype.

i have no idea why though because i have no idea what you're on about

Guys, how do I break the STRANGER barrier and get talking to a girl in one of my modules at uni.

I need help from a veteran here.

Throw up in a bin when she walks past

Seriously just ask her question about work or pretend not to understand something and have her explain it then proceed to joke and talk

Bingo your in

afoni

Banned
How do you know this

it's on chinner's livejournal

Throw up in a bin when she walks past

Seriously just ask her question about work or pretend not to understand something and have her explain it then proceed to joke and talk

Bingo your in

I need something more elaborate, man. I can't just walk up to someone like that, I'm a fuckin' pussy.

Would you like a hello hug

I used to get those at college every day from a girl I fancied the fuck out of at the time. She had cushiony boobs that padded every hug.

I kind of miss her.

and yes i would pls

Slowdive

Banned
I don't even know how to explain it because it's still all going through the paperwork but basically, some freelance design work I did a year or so was spotted by an agent for a book publisher and they want me to adapt the work slightly so they can use it for their own series of books. It would involve them paying me a small fee for the initial work and then a small fee for every copy of the book sold due to royalties. Again, nothing concrete but, fuck me, this is amazing.

That's awesome. Congrats.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
it's on chinner's livejournal

I need something more elaborate, man. I can't just walk up to someone like that, I'm a fuckin' pussy.

I used to get those at college every day from a girl I fancied the fuck out of at the time. She had cushiony boobs that padded every hug.

I kind of miss her.

and yes i would pls

best kinda hugs, especially when they're toned but still have biggens, something warm and welcoming about them

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Oh well guys (+ Musha),

Had an absolute nightmare of a month and can't even remember if I posted this before. Moved into a new place 1st October, wonderful and beautiful flat and good for the two of us. Then on 3rd October- three days later - landlord said can we move out by the end of November. Big shock. Especially since we'd only just thrown out all the cardboard boxes that we used to move, given away all our appliances/garden tools and so on.

Not the landlord's fault. Landlords's partner's father has got some evil disease and needs to reoccupy his house which means landlord needs to reoccupy what we thought was ours.

So it is all down to househunting again, just when I thought it was all over and I could settle down.

Fun and joy!

Haven't caught up with you lot for a while, how is it going?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow that is fucking awful. I absolutely hate moving and it'd be a nightmare to have to pack up again just after you settled in. I would be unbelievably enraged.

Glad you seem to be handling it like a proper gentleman though, Phi.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
669.gif

All you can do is laugh at lifes attempts at kicking you in the face

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Wow that is fucking awful. I absolutely hate moving and it'd be a nightmare to have to pack up again just after you settled in. I would be unbelievably enraged.

Glad you seem to be handling it like a proper gentleman though, Phi.

In part, that is why I haven't posted for the last few weeks - I was in a bit of a blooming temper! The whole thing is rather annoying, but it has got to be lived with and worked around somehow.

Oh well guys (+ Musha),

Had an absolute nightmare of a month and can't even remember if I posted this before. Moved into a new place 1st October, wonderful and beautiful flat and good for the two of us. Then on 3rd October- three days later - landlord said can we move out by the end of November. Big shock. Especially since we'd only just thrown out all the cardboard boxes that we used to move, given away all our appliances/garden tools and so on.

Not the landlord's fault. Landlords's partner's father has got some evil disease and needs to reoccupy his house which means landlord needs to reoccupy what we thought was ours.

So it is all down to househunting again, just when I thought it was all over and I could settle down.

Fun and joy!

Haven't caught up with you lot for a while, how is it going?

That's a really annoying thing to happen, no one's fault but still arsey. Fingers crossed for you finding somewhere else soon

Mikeside

I'm home for the weekend.
Fuckin' awesome.
I'm going to sleep constantly, eat home-cooked food and play on my PC.
DIS B LIVING Y'ALL.

Hi Phisheep! Have missed you around these parts, buddy! It really sucks about the house-troubles - any luck finding new places yet?

Also, a sheet of paper with this image was on my car when I got to it.
I can't wait to find out who put it there:
ViwWQIL.jpg

SmokyDave

Steve, write your grooms speech early. It just took me about 6 hours to write a 6 minute speech and I'll be delivering it in about 14 hours. Shit.

In part, that is why I haven't posted for the last few weeks - I was in a bit of a blooming temper! The whole thing is rather annoying, but it has got to be lived with and worked around somehow.
Anyone else struggling to picture this?

I hope all works out for you, sheep.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
See I would have never even heard of them if I hadn't spent a few years over on your side of the pond. I feel like hot chip are under-appreciated on the whole, if a bit over hyped in a lot of indie circles. They have an excellent variety in their discography.

Jelly of you seeing them live, I'd love to see them someday.

On the other hand I am seeing Janelle Monae next month and I'm feeling fairly smug about it.
Also, a sheet of paper with this image was on my car when I got to it.
I can't wait to find out who put it there:
ViwWQIL.jpg
Hahaha.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hi Phisheep! Have missed you around these parts, buddy! It really sucks about the house-troubles - any luck finding new places yet?

Not yet. Got a shortlist of one but it is not great. Found one apparently fantastic place two days ago, the front bedroom was like the ballroom scene from the Sound of Music (remember that?) - 14 foot ceilings, 5x4 metre room; the second bedroom nearly as good, loads of storage - but the back half of the flat was like a student let. Horrible bathroom, tiny kitchen and a living room too small to even fit my sofa in.

Gotta keep looking.

Anyone else struggling to picture this?

Ah, don't underestimate me Dave. When I'm cross I get really cross and can be quite unpleasant to be with. Which is why I haven't been posting for a while.

But although I am both short and slight I am (so I am told) scary as hell when need be.

Frankly I don't see it that way, but I gotta go with what I am told.

SteveWD40

Steve, write your grooms speech early. It just took me about 6 hours to write a 6 minute speech and I'll be delivering it in about 14 hours. Shit.

I wrote a best mans speech a few months back in about 2 hours and there is less pressure on the groom, I am not too woried, but advice heeded good sir.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I wrote a best mans speech a few months back in about 2 hours and there is less pressure on the groom, I am not too woried, but advice heeded good sir.

Best groom's speech I've heard was a few months ago at my daughter's wedding. Andrew (the groom) had insisted long before that he was not going to do a speech and had not prepared at all for anything. But then - after a a few other speeches including one from me - he just got up and talked (might have been prodded a bit by my daughter, it is far from me to say). Went down wonderfully, partly because it was unprepared and was salted by banter from all sides, and partly of course because he was the groom and could get away with it.

Just go for it. There's nothing hard to prepare and it doesn't matter if you don't prepare at all. This is probably the one time in your life when they will all applaud whatever you say, so save yourself the hassle, skip the preparation, speak from the heart and don't speak for too long.

See I would have never even heard of them if I hadn't spent a few years over on your side of the pond. I feel like hot chip are under-appreciated on the whole, if a bit over hyped in a lot of indie circles. They have an excellent variety in their discography.

Jelly of you seeing them live, I'd love to see them someday.

On the other hand I am seeing Janelle Monae next month and I'm feeling fairly smug about it.

Yeah, well I'm seeing The Dismemberment Plan next month so there!

(Monae is probably going to be amazing to see. The energy in her performances is insane.)

SmokyDave

Best groom's speech I've heard was a few months ago at my daughter's wedding. Andrew (the groom) had insisted long before that he was not going to do a speech and had not prepared at all for anything. But then - after a a few other speeches including one from me - he just got up and talked (might have been prodded a bit by my daughter, it is far from me to say). Went down wonderfully, partly because it was unprepared and was salted by banter from all sides, and partly of course because he was the groom and could get away with it.

Just go for it. There's nothing hard to prepare and it doesn't matter if you don't prepare at all. This is probably the one time in your life when they will all applaud whatever you say, so save yourself the hassle, skip the preparation, speak from the heart and don't speak for too long.
Yeesh, I don't think I could wing it. I'm pretty good at speaking 'off the cuff' and ad-libbing, but I'm sure I'd forget to thank half the people that the groom is supposed to thank. The part about the missus, I could freestyle all day long.

Still, we'll see.

Weird dream I just had. I guess I should get my dream diary started again.

I'm at the side of the road gathered with my family and a bunch of people. I think we're there to get ready to go to the London Film Festival to see some movie. [Actually I have to go see an Egyptian arthouse movie at 12:30 today called "Rags and Tatters" | trailer].

Then a new video teaser for the Angry Video Game Nerd pops up, where he's teasing the next episode. But he's a hologram right there in front of me. Or like Google Glass real. He's actually there. And he tells me to look around and spot some other AVGN in my actual world, so I guess like a Nintendo DS/Google Glass/Oculus Rift mini-game where virtual reality is happening around me? I look behind and spot a AVGN clone run about.

I see Mikeside walk by out of nowhere. I go up to him and we greet. I ask what he's doing here near my house and train station. Clifton Collins Jr shows up and is part of Mikeside's gang. He says they're going to wash the cars of some rich people, which Mikeside scoffs at. Mike says they're going for a charity kind of run called "kapara". I seem to remember the proper spelling and pronunciation to be "maparam". I say I really wish I could go but I've got this film to catch.

And then a hundred people are now jogging away with Mike on the front.

CHEEZMO™;86583808 said:
Does anyone read Empowered?

Only online, but yes for obvious filthy reasons. Quite funny to go along with the fanservice. I like that one bit where a kid's wish is to hogtie her and he ties the elbows to the legs rather than to the wrists which is the usual, more painful position.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
It's pishing down with rain and I'm ill prepared, a little hungover and I'm wearing jeans. My hiking boots also have also falling apart because i tried washing them one time, I will be super gluing them in the car on the way up so they keep intact

inb4 i plummet to my death of the side of a steep hill.

SKINNER!

Banned

I'm at the side of the road gathered with my family and a bunch of people. I think we're there to get ready to go to the London Film Festival to see some movie. [Actually I have to go see an Egyptian arthouse movie at 12:30 today called "Rags and Tatters" | trailer].

Then a new video teaser for the Angry Video Game Nerd pops up, where he's teasing the next episode. But he's a hologram right there in front of me. Or like Google Glass real. He's actually there. And he tells me to look around and spot some other AVGN in my actual world, so I guess like a Nintendo DS/Google Glass/Oculus Rift mini-game where virtual reality is happening around me? I look behind and spot a AVGN clone run about.

I see Mikeside walk by out of nowhere. I go up to him and we greet. I ask what he's doing here near my house and train station. Clifton Collins Jr shows up and is part of Mikeside's gang. He says they're going to wash the cars of some rich people, which Mikeside scoffs at. Mike says they're going for a charity kind of run called "kapara". I seem to remember the proper spelling and pronunciation to be "maparam". I say I really wish I could go but I've got this film to catch.

Mike was the leader of a cult?

Mikeside

What film were you going to catch? I can't speak for dream-Mike, but I'd probably rather tag along with you than be forced to have over 100 people see me trying to run

maybe if your honoured enough you'll get an invite to the whatsapp exclusive clique group.

It's an open invite to anyone, duck. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom