• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
q27aPHL.jpg

jimbor

Banned
Gaf confession thread is back. Pretty sure I remember some hilarity in that from my time as a lurker. Didn't our very own Mikeside and Jed realise they knew each other in the last one?

Mikeside

No that was in a thread Jedeye started.
I recommend a read!

I left work at 4 and got here to the hotel 5 minutes ago. Up at 630 to start work in the morning.

Fuck
This

young_knives_live_by_digi_matrix-d6tin17.jpg

Young Knives were fucking amazing seeing live, so much better than the already brilliant, genre-bending Sick Octave album. Henry and Tom being brothers made for a funny dynamic. They've got a great handle on being funny and ferocious from one moment to the next. I love that they cite Happiness as inspiration for "Maureen" because that's one of the best dark comedies ever made.

I'm not surprised they're not that fond of their old material, it's too typical Brit indie rock for their new, more expansive direction. I wish I recorded it, but I was four rows back. I compensated by headbanging and jumping a lot! Especially during "Terra Firma" near the end.

AngryMoth

Have I got news for you was good tonight, some ukip mp was on and made a right arse out of himself.

80% northern, somewhere around York. Uncanny!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Woohoo! Wedding anniversary today. 28 years (gulp!).

Fantastic carnival atmosphere in town last night. If anyone wants to mark their diaries for next year it'll be on Friday 7th November (always on the Friday after the first Saturday in November). Unfortunately didn't manage to get out there with the camera as too tired after long day in shop.

Wales v South Africa today in Cardiff. It's all go.

jimbor

Banned
I hope you northern quiz participants were nice enough not to clog up your friends' Facebook with that shite. It's all I fucking saw yesterday.

SmokyDave

Fantastic carnival atmosphere in town last night. If anyone wants to mark their diaries for next year it'll be on Friday 7th November (always on the Friday after the first Saturday in November). Unfortunately didn't manage to get out there with the camera as too tired after long day in shop.

Congratulations!

Hope you have a nice day.

NinjaBoiX

Congrats phisheep, have a great time today.

And yeah, that carnival looks so cool. I must go!

Edit: also, The Meters rule Tash. One of my favs:

The Meters - Hand Clapping Song

Funk on toast.

Symphonia

Banned
Everything automatically backs up when you connect to iTunes on your pc
Forgive me for I am a complete noob but what's happening is, I'm selling my iPhone 5 handset but keeping the SIM. I'll be using a nano-to-micro adapter and using that SIM on my new handset, the Nexus 5. If I use the SIM, will all the numbers copy across or will I have to input them manually? I have all my contacts saved to iCloud anyway.

Congrats phi! I'll pencil that date in for next year.

I hope you northern quiz participants were nice enough not to clog up your friends' Facebook with that shite. It's all I fucking saw yesterday.

Guilty :p

Forgive me for I am a complete noob but what's happening is, I'm selling my iPhone 5 handset but keeping the SIM. I'll be using a nano-to-micro adapter and using that SIM on my new handset, the Nexus 5. If I use the SIM, will all the numbers copy across or will I have to input them manually? I have all my contacts saved to iCloud anyway.

Ah I see what you mean. I'm not sure, but I don't think there's a way to save contacts to the sim. There may be a way to transfer them via cloud though?

8bit

Knows the Score

If you're going to Android, you need to get your contacts into gmail. Something like this, probably : http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/transfer-iphone-contact-to-android/

8bit

Knows the Score

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Congrats phisheep, have a great time today.

And yeah, that carnival looks so cool. I must go!

Edit: also, The Meters rule Tash. One of my favs:

The Meters - Hand Clapping Song

Funk on toast.

This is the B-Side, always been fond of this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5d5M4mQ4zk

And here's a bonus (love the languid piano in this) Myra Barnes - Message From The Souls Sisters : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOFZ8rQZf0

Oh you guise

8bit

Knows the Score
The Xbox / Target thread is all kinds of awesome/schadenfreudy, this is probably the worst console launch I've ever seen.

Also, not sure if I like this Cut Copy album or if it's taking the piss out of me.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah, reading through my thread has kinda made me realise what a dick I am. I think I'm going to message one of the admins and request a ban for a bit.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Half-time in the rugby, so played a bit on Excel - and found out that on Christtmas day I shall have been married exactly half my life.

Yeah, reading through my thread has kinda made me realise what a dick I am. I think I'm going to message one of the admins and request a ban for a bit.

Oh, don't be so daft as to do that Cyanide. Just stop being a dick that's all (or at least keep it between friends!).

EDIT: On second thoughts, reading your other thread, you may have a point there. Serves you right for airing it in general OT if I may say so.

Vashetti

Banned

You are not a dick and you're getting an unfair bashing in that thread. You could ask a mod to close the thread and let it quietly sink.

But don't ask for a ban. PM if you need someone to talk to :)

No, you know what, I'm done with this place.

Fuck this.

:(

Was just getting to know you. That OP made me laugh out loud, but I don't know if making it into a thread would be a positive thing, haven't read past the OP, but it might have led you into too much ruminating and introspection than just venting it out in a confession thread. I don't see much that you did wrong, feelings will override logic since you're not a robot. If you're ready for kids in your life, then step up to the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom