• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

I spent around half an hour on the phone to Barclays, the lady was dead helpful and I was really grateful for her to sit and explain it to me in simple terms.

I will be able to make my payment, then I have 6 months to pay it off. Which is going to be very easy as I've already saved the 70% of it.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it :)

Edit: Once I've made the card payment, I'm giving it to my mum so I won't use it pointlessly. (I got a ridiculous amount agreed)

Chinner

Banned
dear secret santa

just get me this

dRqZubO.jpg

Lirlond

I spent around half an hour on the phone to Barclays, the lady was dead helpful and I was really grateful for her to sit and explain it to me in simple terms.

I will be able to make my payment, then I have 6 months to pay it off. Which is going to be very easy as I've already saved the 70% of it.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it :)

Edit: Once I've made the card payment, I'm giving it to my mum so I won't use it pointlessly. (I got a ridiculous amount agreed)

nonono hold onto the card, use it instead of money, pay almost all of it off every month. Leave like 5% of it rolling into every month. This way your credit rating goes up!

Jordan

nonono hold onto the card, use it instead of money, pay almost all of it off every month. Leave like 5% of it rolling into every month. This way your credit rating goes up!

I don't trust myself with it. Plus when I do that, I will end up paying interest on it.

Jordan

You'll regret it if you ever want to actually start using one, or want to get a loan/mortgage.

I already have a loan. From what I got offered today, my credit rating is really good from what I gather by speaking to the lady at Barclays.

Mikeside

i bet u dont even know where he got the h from

you just want me to tell you so you'll know where he got it from
nice try, constable feathers, but you'll get no joy here

Phisheep, give me that warehouse management job and save me from my job!

such dramatic, so work,much hours, do not want

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Does anyone remember the name of that one game show on CITV which the contestants have to do some bizzare things, like answering the question while upside down, or something?

Going to see Reginald D Hunter's "In the Midst of Crackers" at Hammersmith Apollo on 30th November for my 23rd. Never been to see standup before, looking forward to it

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Tomorrow (Friday) is Carnival day here.

Forget all these Rio de Janiero newcomers, Carnival has been running in these parts for about 400 years, and is the biggest illuminated procession in the world.

It is awesome. Here's a few pics I took two years back, but I can't reproduce the incredible sounds and motion that go with it. And it is about a two-and-a-half mile procession. Or two-and-a-half hours, whatever, it is two and a half of something and is spectacular.

If you want to get here for it, get moving early - every carparking space and then some for four miles around is occupied, the town centre starts to get locked down about lunchtime and road closures start kicking in at about 3-4 ish.

I'll have the shop open late as we are bang in the middle of the carnival route, and who's going to turn their nose up at 400,000 potential customers? Not me.

Besides, it's fun. A lot of fun.

Here's the pics.

Carnival 220 by phisheep, on Flickr

Carnival 182 by phisheep, on Flickr

Carnival 142 by phisheep, on Flickr

Carnival 132 by phisheep, on Flickr

Carnival 129 by phisheep, on Flickr

SKINNER!

Banned
Pink it was love at first sight
Pink when I turn out the light
Pink it's like red...but not quite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight

NinjaBoiX

Pink it was love at first sight
Pink when I turn out the light
Pink it's like red...but not quite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight
"I could stay awake just to hear you breathing,
Watch you smile while you are sleeping,
While you're far away and dreaming,
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender,
I could stay lost in this moment forever,
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure,"

Steven Tyler is a dreamboat.

BrDzZNF.jpg

Edit: that sucks runlikehell. Arseholes!

Forget all these Rio de Janiero newcomers, Carnival has been running in these parts for about 400 years, and is the biggest illuminated procession in the world.

It is awesome. Here's a few pics I took two years back, but I can't reproduce the incredible sounds and motion that go with it. And it is about a two-and-a-half mile procession. Or two-and-a-half hours, whatever, it is two and a half of something and is spectacular.

If you want to get here for it, get moving early - every carparking space and then some for four miles around is occupied, the town centre starts to get locked down about lunchtime and road closures start kicking in at about 3-4 ish.

I'll have the shop open late as we are bang in the middle of the carnival route, and who's going to turn their nose up at 400,000 potential customers? Not me.

Here's the pics.

Carnival 220 by phisheep, on Flickr

Carnival 182 by phisheep, on Flickr

Carnival 142 by phisheep, on Flickr

Carnival 132 by phisheep, on Flickr

Carnival 129 by phisheep, on Flickr

Wow, that looks brilliant! Ah I wish I was down that way. Might plan on driving to Wales this time next year maybe, catch it on the way down.

I got pick-pocketed at Chase & Status last night - just my phone but it's still annoying as fuck. :(

Front pocket or back pocket?

I don't keep anything in my pockets at gigs, had the same thing happen to too many friends. People are dicks.

Front pocket, but they go down to just above my knee so I figured I'd be okay.

Never had it happen to me before, pretty much instantly changed how I'm going to approach gigs though.

I'm waiting for my housemate to wake up so I can use his phone to do all the necessary insurance stuff, planning to beg O2 to send my SIM to my uni address and not my home address. -.-

Never had it happen to me before, pretty much instantly changed how I'm going to approach gigs though.

I'm waiting for my housemate to wake up so I can use his phone to do all the necessary insurance stuff, planning to beg O2 to send my SIM to my uni address and not my home address. -.-

How the hell did he get his hand into your front pocket without you noticing???

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

This is what you get for hanging with Chase and Status fans man. They dodgy as fuck, I bet they have neons on their cars and save notches into their eyebrows. Beware!

How the hell did he get his hand into your front pocket without you noticing???

Distracting with the other hand perhaps? "Watch this puppet for a sec... yoink!"

Mikeside

This is what you get for hanging with Chase and Status fans man. They dodgy as fuck, I bet they have neons on their cars and save notches into their eyebrows. Beware!

Distracting with the other hand perhaps? "Watch this puppet for a sec... yoink!"

Seems like you're strongly blaming Chase & Status fans and also have a lot of experience in pick-pocketing.

Runlikehell, I don't suppose you noticed Jedeye at this gig?

Jedeye, where were you last night? I BET YOU'RE GONNA SAY AT HOME ON YOUR OWN, RIGHT? HOW CONVENIENT

Chinner

Banned
I got pick-pocketed at Chase & Status last night - just my phone but it's still annoying as fuck. :(
that's what you get for associating with drum and bass fans. a bunch of uni students who think they're mint. listen to real music because it's better and the fans are more evolved.

8bit

Knows the Score

If your phone was in your front pocket down to the knee, is it not maybe more likely it bounced out? I would imagine a Chase & Status gig being quite moshy.

Mikeside

OK, I'm hyped for Killzone: Shadow Fall.

PS4 pre-order justified. Fuck the launch haters (JEDEYE motherfuckin SNIV)

Here's the pics.

(EPICNESS)

This looks amazing. This happens every year?
Next year, remind me early and I'll book a hotel or something. Got dayum

SKINNER!

Banned

that's what you get for associating with drum and bass fans. a bunch of uni students who think they're mint. listen to real music because it's better and the fans are more evolved.

lemQpde.gif

Sucks to hear about the phone being stolen runlikehell. Hoping that it gets locked/frozen or something so it ends up being useless to them thieving bastards.

If your phone was in your front pocket down to the knee, is it not maybe more likely it bounced out? I would imagine a Chase & Status gig being quite moshy.

True. Call the venue and see if anyone found/handed it in. Slim chance I know but hey! It's still a chance.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OK, I'm hyped for Killzone: Shadow Fall.

PS4 pre-order justified. Fuck the launch haters (JEDEYE motherfuckin SNIV)

This looks amazing. This happens every year?
Next year, remind me early and I'll book a hotel or something. Got dayum

hahaha, you're hyped for Killzone in the same way I was hyped for Angry Birds when I got my iPhone.

Go on my son, justify that unnecessary purchase! I bet that OS is gon be SLICK. Hours of gaming fun right there. And Killzone, that series that has always been SO GOOD, pushing the boundaries of interactive entertainment forward.

Speaking of unnecessary purchases, I keep telling myself that I want either a 3DS or a vita on of these days, despite not needing one in the slightest. I understand that gadget lust. Honestly, if I'm super harsh on something it's usually my own desires sublimated.

Mikeside

hahaha, you're hyped for Killzone in the same way I was hyped for Angry Birds when I got my iPhone.

Go on my son, justify that unnecessary purchase! I bet that OS is gon be SLICK. Hours of gaming fun right there. And Killzone, that series that has always been SO GOOD, pushing the boundaries of interactive entertainment forward.

Speaking of unnecessary purchases, I keep telling myself that I want either a 3DS or a vita on of these days, despite not needing one in the slightest. I understand that gadget lust. Honestly, if I'm super harsh on something it's usually my own desires sublimated.

I'm going to take the bait.

PS4 Launch Because:
  • I've loved every Playstation I've ever had (and I've had 'em all - even the PSP Go. Which was a fucking great device, so nice to hold and play on. If only they'd sold game download vouchers in stores or something, and dropped the price substantially, it would've been a hit). I'm just getting on board day 1 this time because I know I'll get one eventually (after much envy and jellyfishing)
  • I can't wait to use my Vita to play PS4 games (because there's not enough to play on there already trololol)
  • Killzone Shadowfall looks like a lot of fun, ON VITA TOO AW YISS
  • Resogun. Hnnnnggg.
  • Playstation Plus means I'll be getting a steady source of games for it
  • Looking forward to getting hands-on with the OS and the controller. Loads of fun from a tech-lover's point-of-view
  • All dem indies coming to it means it might actually end up getting more play than my PC in the next year-or-so. Octodad, Starbound, Hotline Miami 2 and Volume leading the charge.
  • I'm not getting laid. Which means I'm also not wasting my money on a girlfriend for the first time ever. This justification is probably the flimsiest.
  • Making you, specifically, jealous

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm going to take the bait.

PS4 Launch Because:
  • I've loved every Playstation I've ever had (and I've had 'em all - even the PSP Go. Which was a fucking great device, so nice to hold and play on. If only they'd sold game download vouchers in stores or something, and dropped the price substantially, it would've been a hit). I'm just getting on board day 1 this time because I know I'll get one eventually (after much envy and jellyfishing)
  • I can't wait to use my Vita to play PS4 games (because there's not enough to play on there already trololol)
  • Killzone Shadowfall looks like a lot of fun, ON VITA TOO AW YISS
  • Resogun. Hnnnnggg.
  • Playstation Plus means I'll be getting a steady source of games for it
  • Looking forward to getting hands-on with the OS and the controller. Loads of fun from a tech-lover's point-of-view
  • All dem indies coming to it means it might actually end up getting more play than my PC in the next year-or-so. Octodad, Starbound, Hotline Miami 2 and Volume leading the charge.
  • I'm not getting laid. Which means I'm also not wasting my money on a girlfriend for the first time ever. This justification is probably the flimsiest.
  • Making you, specifically, jealous

I will get a PS4 likely a year or so after launch for the same reasons plus:

• An actual game that I want to play

:D

I'm at uni with an hour of naff all to do. Fucking 10:15 lecture was cancelled and my laptop and books are at home, so I can't really get on with much work. Bleh.

What you here for now?

Find an attractive lady in the library to stalk/take pictures of on your 3DS?

Vashetti

Banned
Why the fuck do people put pictures of their naked children on Facebook? I do not need to see that shit.

Yeah I don't get it.

One of my friends has two little girls and she's always posting pictures of them in mini-bikinis (in the summer) and generally other revealing clothes.

She'd be the first to criticise someone else for putting revealing pictures of their children on there.

Baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom