• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbor

Banned
You are not a dick and you're getting an unfair bashing in that thread. You could ask a mod to close the thread and let it quietly sink.

But don't ask for a ban. PM if you need someone to talk to :)

I don't know mane, he came across as quite dickish to me in that thread. Just sayin'. Asking for advice and then getting angry because you don't like it? Dickish.

Sorry CS, calling it as I see it.

NinjaBoiX

I've got to agree Cyanide. Sorry bro, but this just seems like yet another cry for attention. You know that no one in here means you ill will, but the facts speak for themselves.

You make what can only be described as a confessional thread about how you think you're a dick, then kick off when everyone agrees with you. What did you expect? And saying stuff like "my daughter has nothing to do with a new relationship" is just mind-bogglingly short sighted. You can't possibly be that naive.

You seem to be seeking vindication for your own pre-defined agenda. And then you get all abrasive with the replies, and throw your toys out of the pram with your "fuck this" post. Once again, you seem to be your own worst enemy.

Dude, nobody on here is out to get you, but you keep inviting criticism, then then taking offence when it is realised.

/tough love post

(Cheer up fella, Jesus!)
We're all dicks, in our own way.
Exactly! Don't be so hard on yourself all the time. It does you no favours.
No shit. I'm a complete dick at times.
True story.

jimbor

Banned
I've got to agree Cyanide. Sorry bro, but this just seems like yet another cry for attention. You know that no one in here means you ill will, but the facts speak for themselves.

You make what can only be described as a confessional thread about how you think you're a dick, then kick off when everyone agrees with you. What did you expect? And saying stuff like "my daughter has nothing to do with a new relationship" is just mind-bogglingly short sighted. You can't possibly be that naive.

You seem to be seeking vindication for your own pre-defined agenda. And then you get all abrasive with the replies, and throw your toys out of the pram with your "fuck this" post. Once again, you seem to be your own worst enemy.

Dude, nobody on here is out to get you, but you keep inviting criticism, then then taking offence when it is realised.

/tough love post

(Cheer up fella, Jesus!)

Exactly! Don't be so hard on yourself all the time. It does you no favours.

True story.

Fucking geordies.

NinjaBoiX

Fucking geordies.
GM7tMBi.jpg

I'm going to keep posting these today since I am trapped at work. That will be my dick contribution for today: music spam.

If you wanna ride, don't ride the white horse.
Music spam! Music spam! Best spam.

This is cool JB, reminds me of LCD Soundsystem.

Some more old school funk, as Tash and 8bit got me in the mood. (Listen to some of this Cyanide. It'll cheer you up, guaranteed.)

The Gaturs - Gator Bait

Aaron Neville - Hercules

Randy Crawford - Street Life
hahaha

but srsly CS pls stahp
stop-stop.gif

:p

Symphonia

Banned
I'm not even on about them judging me for sleeping with her. I'm on about them judging me as a parent. Nobody has that right, ever, especially when my daughter doesn't need to be bought into the topic.

But, hey, what would I know? All this attention is just going to my head, right, Ninja?

jimbor

Banned
I'm not even on about them judging me for sleeping with her. I'm on about them judging me as a parent. Nobody has that right, ever, especially when my daughter doesn't need to be bought into the topic.

But, hey, what would I know? All this attention is just going to my head, right, Ninja?

You're still missing the point and getting arsey. Of course your daughter comes into if you're about to embark on a relationship with a sket.

NinjaBoiX

There you go again, applying your own skewed agenda to a thoroughly innocuous occurrence. A few snarky, drive by posts aside, which you should really know by now are best ignored anyway, they were generally thoughtfully delivered, legitimate concerns for the effect this will have on your daughter.
Um, I dunno, yes? What answer would appease you?

Edit: sweet JB, will listen to some more Janelle right now!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I couldn't bear to watch. What's the score?

Wales 15 - South Africa 24

Could easily have been closer. Not a bad game at all.

Lovely bit where scrums were collapsing and ref sent off *both* props. about time they did that.

But either Wales are getting better or SA getting worse. It isn't the walkover that it would have been a few years back.

Edit: Match summary from Wales' point of view - too many miss-passes, should have played Davies at inside centre, North at outside and Williams on the wing; we wasted the middle channel.

Symphonia

Banned
The fuck is going on with this place? I asked for advice on a matter involving the girl and all of a sudden the entire fucking forum is labelling me a bad father. Fuck this place.

Jordan

The fuck is going on with this place? I asked for advice on a matter involving the girl and all of a sudden the entire fucking forum is labelling me a bad father. Fuck this place.

I'm sorry, but your responses haven't been the most pleasant... You posted on a public forum which is known for complete and utter trolls, I mean look at this thread, look at any other threads... People want to piss you off and their life goal is more than likely to piss off complete strangers for no reason whats-so-ever apart from the fact they get some sort of kick out of it.

Either learn to ignore them, and don't post problems like that - especially when you've been vague with all of us the entire time you have been here just dropping hints how your life is shit when you're getting blowies under desks at an office party to you can't be bothered any more and you've quit NeoGAF twice now... I'm sorry but what reaction do you want? We aren't going to fucking mollycoddle you and we aren't going to tell you to make some major life decisions. We will tell you what cars are nice, what phones are good, what games to play, with the occasional life support. Don't even begin to bring the 'clique' up because it's fuck all to do with that, we all have met each other out of our own choices and a lot of us had made good friends with everybody, that's why there's support for some members of BritGAF. I joined this thread when I was going through a really shitty time in my life, I kept my chin up in the thread with a few notes saying it was a really bad time for me, people told me I could PM them if I was feeling low and I took up the offer. I don't know who you've PM'd or who you've spoken to but if you have that many problems in your life, don't come to a forum about them, go and see a doctor.

Honestly mate, I don't think you sound like a bad father, but you certainly sound like an irresponsible person.

Btw, Josie is such a bitch.
Such a hateable character.

8bit

Knows the Score

Hey, you might not realise it but you're exhibiting traits of bipolar depression and you should work on that before making any major life decisions. I don't want to post in that clusterfuck of a thread so I'll offer it up here. This is me trying to grab you by the shoulders and give you a shake. Please think it over.

aw-here-it-goes-o.gif

Look, they aren't saying you are a bad father. They're saying you aren't considering your daughter enough in the matter of getting fully involved with a woman who has slept around on her current partner, never mind taking on her child too. Even if you are still free thinking the idea, even if you don't intend to go straight from point A to B, even if 'they' haven't met and wouldn't for some time, your daughter has to be the number one concern. Whilst I'm sure she is to you, your OP and subsequent responses don't read like that.

The best piece of advice in that thread was to just take things slowly and cautiously.

Move over the Tasbrooke Show, we have a new soap opera

On this week's episode of Last of the Summer Cyanide, our conflicted hero gets into a sticky situation when against all the odds, hooking up with a young mother of two he met on a shitty blog starts problems. In a moral quandary, he asks his peers "truly, am I a phallus???" and is enraged by the universal affirmation he receives. But things are taken to another level when his parenting skills are called into question. "You have no right!" Cyanide exclaims, "No right to give me life advice after I have asked for it!" Only he seems to understand that the ramifications of coupling with this grubby harlot will absolutely not affect his daughter until they affect his daughter, and only then. As the walls begin to close in, Cyanide succumbs to desperate measures and seeks exile. Alone at least, he will be free to make bad decisions that no one will hear about.

jimbor

Banned

On this week's episode of Last of the Summer Cyanide, our conflicted hero gets into a sticky situation when against all the odds, hooking up with a young mother of two he met on a shitty blog starts problems. In a moral quandary, he asks his peers "truly, am I a phallus???" and is enraged by the universal affirmation he receives. But things are taken to another level when his parenting skills are called into question. "You have no right!" Cyanide exclaims, "No right to give me life advice after I have asked for it!" Only he seems to understand that the ramifications of coupling with this grubby harlot will absolutely not affect his daughter until they affect his daughter, and only then. As the walls begin to close in, Cyanide succumbs to desperate measures and seeks exile. Alone at least, he will be free to make bad decisions that no one will hear about.

I honestly laughed out loud. Bed space at mine is now at a premium more than ever but I'll always try and make space for you at a gaf meet.

GAF on the toilet, what a treat. Was looking forward to my post run poo but now it is diarrhea. Shorts and shirt are off, looks like I'm gonna be here a while.

I honestly laughed out loud. Bed space at mine is now at a premium more than ever but I'll always try and make space for you at a gaf meet.

Wow man thanks!

Speaking of which, won't it soon be time for the December 7 thread? That's when the next meetup is, right?

2532533-bradr5i7n.gif

Hats off to you, sir.

Wales 15 - South Africa 24

Could easily have been closer. Not a bad game at all.

Lovely bit where scrums were collapsing and ref sent off *both* props. about time they did that.

But either Wales are getting better or SA getting worse. It isn't the walkover that it would have been a few years back.

Edit: Match summary from Wales' point of view - too many miss-passes, should have played Davies at inside centre, North at outside and Williams on the wing; we wasted the middle channel.

Ah thanks for the summary phi. I watched the first 10 mins then had to turn over because I was shouting at the telly.

Shit!! Forgot about the meet up thread.
I'll knock one up quickly now then spruce it up later

Edit: ok thread is up now

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=712198

Superb.

Mikeside

Cyanide, I'm only catching up on this now, but I'm going to be completely open and honest with you in response to all the stuff going on with your posts lately.

I hope you understand that I'm doing it because I see a hell of a lot of my teenage-self in you. So much it almost hurts. I've got no problem with you other than issues I've been wrestling over with myself since I was 15 years old. I think you're a good guy, I hope you stay as a part of our community here & I hope you really think about what I'm saying to you & ask yourself why I'm willing to say them.

I was thinking of PMing you instead, but I feel like the point I'm making has a lot more weight if I'm willing to be honest and open about where I'm coming from.

Please read this with an open mind and really have a long think about how it relates to you before you reply.

I hope you also realize that by opening up to you like this on a public forum, I'm also exposing myself to criticism and showing a side of myself that I'm obsessed with hiding from people because, as I suspect much like you probably are, I'm really fucking terrified that if people get to know who I am underneath the conversations I have with them, the banter, the masking jokes and what I actually share with those around me, that they won't like me and they'll reject me. I'm opening up like this because I think it's worth you hearing & I want the best for you - I wish somebody had been so candid with me.

So here's the thing:

I don't believe a fucking word of it.
I don't think you got a blowjob at the Christmas party and I don't think you're involved with all these girls you're supposedly completely in love with. Especially the one you made the thread about.
There's even a part of me that doesn't believe you have a daughter.
These things might have happened, I could be entirely wrong, but even if I am wrong and this is all true, I think it's worth exploring why I would think that it's bullshit.

Let me explain;
I think you're a massive attention-seeker.
As somebody who has been a long history of attention-seeking behaviour and has been struggling with (and learning to accept & deal with) borderline and histrionic personality disorders for a long time, I've told a lot of lies in my time.

I've invented stories, I've dressed up things that have happened to me, twisted facts & just outright bullshitted to people. I did this because I wanted their attention, I wanted them to like me and I wanted them to remember me.

To put us on even ground, here's a pretty big lie I told.
I was feeling sexually inexperienced and inadequate in a relationship (she was much more experienced than me and I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to bring her to orgasm) so I told my new girlfriend-at-the-time about a one night stand I had (read: invented) a few months prior with two dutch girls. The (invented) sex lasted for two hours, they both came multiple times, blah blah blah.
I was so committed to this lie, because I thought it made me sound experienced/interesting/whatever that even when it started to cause the relationship to deteriorate (she was incredibly insecure, so ANY story about an ex would have fucked things up), I stuck to it.

That's really fucking pathetic. I'm incredibly embarrassed about it & utterly ashamed of myself.
I think you're the same - I think you just want people's attention. You don't care if it's positive or negative because either way you're getting something out of it. Attention. You feel special because of it.

That's why you share these stories publicly, that's why you constantly invite criticism and that's why you never leave when you say you're done with it.

You're getting off on this shit. I get it - I get off on that attention too, because in a small way it proves that you matter to somebody, even if just for the time it takes for them to make a snide remark or to call you a shitty father.

Know this, though: You matter to me. I bet you matter to a lot of other people in this thread and in your actual offline-life too.

I really hope you can learn that it's OK to be a face in the crowd, because that's a really fucking awesome crowd. I mean that about this thread & the people in it (and I would struggle to describe just how much these people genuinely matter to me. Yourself included) and also about the people you choose to have in your life. If those people aren't an awesome crowd, then find people who are. You deserve to be around people who you don't need to be fake to matter to. Those decent people deserve to have you in their lives. But you owe the people in your life your honesty.

We all have achievements, problems, things we say & do and all manner of other moments where we're noticed, even if we're not the star of the show. Just because it's not all about you doesn't mean it's not also about you.

This is something that took me years of self-reflection, counselling and a strong support network to figure out. Even then, I'm not entirely there yet.

I privately shared this following thing with Musha, because I think we're pretty close & she's somebody I can open up to without feeling judged. I wasn't planning on sharing it openly, but to (hopefully) help you out, I will. Christ that sounded self-important.

I had an anxiety attack at the last GAF meet. I actually hid in the disgusting toilets at Borderline for what felt like ages. I feel pretty self-conscious about it. It's something that used to happen to me weekly at college & at work when I was at Tesco. Almost always around people. I think my anxiety attacks were caused by feeling judged, by not fitting in with others & feeling like a constant outsider.

It doesn't happen anywhere near as much anymore, but it happens - because I'm not actually there yet. I still think I stick out like a sore thumb.

You just have to learn how to accept who you are, then you can start dealing with your shit honestly, you can start being honest with those around you & hopefully you can stop seeking attention.

Take the first step, man. Be honest with yourself & really think hard about the kind of person you want to be.

God damn Mike. I hope you know how much I love you dude. I fucking applaude you and your honesty, your sympathy and empathy for your fellow human beings, your warmth, kindness and generosity in reaching out to them, your bravery in opening up in order to aide another, and just every amazingly wonderful thing about you.

Personally I think it's more than Cyanide deserves after how he's behaved recently, but that's probably what makes you a better person than me.

Cyanide, please read what Mike has taken the time and effort to write to you, really read it and take it all in.

Well said Mike, hopefully Cyanide will read what you have posted and think about it before responding. I get the impression that I have missed some posts of Cyanide because lately I've been dropping in and out of BritGAF so I'll reserve judgement but I know what it's like to want attention and I also know what it's like to feel anxious about what people think.

Nobody has to go through anything alone.

I'm not a real member of Brit GAF but I really admire Mike for that.It's surprising too, because at the meets you always seem very open, confident etc. but like you said, it's an awesome crowd, and I'm sure no one would judge you at all for it. I've literally never heard of Cyanide so I don't know what all that's about, but bravo.

Chinner

Banned
cyanide actually suffers from split personality disorder and who does he channel for humanity? mikeside. thats right, mikeside is actually cyanides compassion leaking out onto the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom