• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Ph6Ei.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
Nope.

Not going to either but if I had to do one it would be Download.

You can-not be seriousu. I'd only go to DL to see Offpsring (even though they're shit live now)...and maybe Aerosmith...if I was desperate enough to listen to "Fallin' in Love is Hard on the Knees" which I know they'll probably not play.

You can-not be seriousu. I'd only go to DL to see Offpsring (even though they're shit live now)...and maybe Aerosmith...if I was desperate enough to listen to "Fallin' in Love is Hard on the Knees" which I know they'll probably not play.

I can be serious.

I saw Iron Maiden this year at Download, and I've seen Metallica before.

I'd love to see Linkin Park do Hybrid Theory, and The Offspring and Fall Out Boy as I've not seen any of those, but other than that not really bothered.

SKINNER!

Banned
I can be serious.

I saw Iron Maiden this year at Download, and I've seen Metallica before.

I'd love to see Linkin Park do Hybrid Theory, and The Offspring and Fall Out Boy as I've not seen any of those, but other than that not really bothered.

Who's gonna watch Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day and randomly mosh to Limp Bizkit at some bizarre oxygen cafe wit' me now? :( Gonna be reppin' the Musha at next year's festivals for ya.

Who's gonna watch Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day and randomly mosh to Limp Bizkit at some bizarre oxygen cafe wit' me now? :( Gonna be reppin' the Musha at next year's festivals for ya.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm going to miss all the extra fun, but the main reason I go to festivals is for the music, so if the bands don't appeal to me I'm not going to fork out the extortionate fee for a ticket.

Plus I plan on being pregnant by then, not ideal for festival going.

Rock out hard for me bro.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Nope.

Not going to either but if I had to do one it would be Download.

Oh man, that sucks. What kind?

Ahem.
I'm not sure exactly but it's a malignant tumour in or on his brain
that sucks man

do you know what kind of cancer? some of them are very treatable
I'm not sure... He's gone home for a couple days... he text me last night and told me how alone and lost he feels, I mean the guy is 27, apart from this job he has no security... poor guy, he tried to quit yesterday but his boss gave him a slap and told him not to give up so quickly because of this....

SKINNER!

Banned
Oh don't get me wrong I'm going to miss all the extra fun, but the main reason I go to festivals is for the music, so if the bands don't appeal to me I'm not going to fork out the extortionate fee for a ticket.

Plus I plan on being pregnant by then, not ideal for festival going.

Rock out hard for me bro.

Wxyrl.gif

Oxygen café?

"Oxygen bar" is probably the correct term I should've used.

Wikipedia describes an oxygen bar as an "establishment, or part of one, that sells oxygen for recreational use. Individual flavored scents may be added to enhance the experience. The flavors in an oxygen bar come from bubbling oxygen through bottles containing aromatic solutions before it reaches the nostrils: most bars use food-grade particles to produce the scent, but some bars use aroma oils."

HjNMr.gif

No wonder the place turned into an imprompt rave after everyone got back from the arena at night.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah I looked it up as well and I'm jealous of the man who came up with the idea to sell oxygen.

So let me offer you a special price for text on a message board.

I'm not sure exactly but it's a malignant tumour in or on his brain

I'm not sure... He's gone home for a couple days... he text me last night and told me how alone and lost he feels, I mean the guy is 27, apart from this job he has no security... poor guy, he tried to quit yesterday but his boss gave him a slap and told him not to give up so quickly because of this....

That's really horrible. Poor guy :(

When was the last time a load of us all played games together? We should get some TLOU going again one day.

Last time I played it was with you guys.

Never even saw the new maps/mode.

Some of us also played a bit of GTA V online...but it's hard to get a lot of us online at once/into the same game.

NinjaBoiX

Sucks about your housemate Tash. I hope he's OK mate.

When was the last time a load of us all played games together? We should get some TLOU going again one day.
I'd be up for that.

Maybe some GTAO too, we started that whole clan thing and I've never even been on. In fact, I've only played a couple of hours of GTAV full stop.

I've actually been playing Modern Warfare 3 a fair bit recently, the connection we now have facilitates a fair game rather than battling against 150ms of lag. It's fun!

I own at Domination. I cut my teeth on Battlefield's Conquest mode, it's basically the same but with a Benny Hill vibe.

We should play a PC game as a group, something with low requirements. Maybe CS:GO or Path of Exile (I'd totally roll a new character to play with some of you guys)?

Last time I played GTAO Mike and Jed kept killing me.

Still haven't completed the story either, about 65% through it. Boo. Not enough time to play.

8bit

Knows the Score
I think I've only played GTA Online once and rode some bikes. Gave up with the main game as the characters are arseholes and haven't had it back on.

Off to meet the people about a job. Probably a job interview. It wasn't formally described as one. Though they asked me about applying in the first place. I have no idea what's going to happen but here we go. Should be fun.

kiyomi

Off to meet the people about a job. Probably a job interview. It wasn't formally described as one. Though they asked me about applying in the first place. I have no idea what's going to happen but here we go. Should be fun.

Good luck from a random guy that lurks this thread from time to time. :)

jimbor

Banned
I can't believe that after all his Pokemon slagging off, Jedye has finally succumbed to Pokemon Y, getting the branded 3DS to boot. Was just talking to him on Facebook about it and at least he had the decency to feel embarrassed.

I can't believe that after all his Pokemon slagging off, Jedye has finally succumbed to Pokemon Y, getting the branded 3DS to boot. Was just talking to him on Facebook about it and at least he had the decency to feel embarrassed.

keyFKIU.gif

He better not want help evolving his Haunter.

He has the sickness now.

We should cut all ties.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
No fucking way...you ain't fooling me son.

Ok so I've had some pretty terrible experiences with delivery companies in the past. Yodel being the worst.

But I am witnessing a genuinely brilliant delivery company in action, DPD.

Ordered Andy's longboard from The Warehouse Group (skatewarehouse.co.uk) through Amazon last week. They gave me an estimated delivery of between 3rd to 7th December.

Got an email from the Warehouse Group yesterday to say my order was due for delivery today, so could I please make sure someone would be in to sign for it. If no one would be in that's ok, I could just change the delivery date or ask for it to be delivered to a neighbour no problem. They also provided a link to the delivery company's website, which took me straight to my order, no remembering order numbers. From here I could track the progress of my order status.

This morning I get another email from them, giving me the approximate hour it would be delivered, the name of the driver delivering it, again saying to make sure someone was in, or at this point I can still change the delivery date or get it delivered to a neighbour, and providing the link to track it. But now I don't just see the status update, I can actually track John's progress on a map and see exactly where he is and how far from me, and it tells me what number delivery he's making and what number I am.

This is so useful and brilliant, why can't all delivery companies do this? He's really close to my house it's so exciting!

Ok so I've had some pretty terrible experiences with delivery companies in the past. Yodel being the worst.

Ordered Andy's longboard from The Warehouse Group (skatewarehouse.co.uk) through Amazon last week. They gave me an estimated delivery of between 3rd to 7th December.

Got an email from the Warehouse Group yesterday to say my order was due for delivery today, so could I please make sure someone would be in to sign for it. If no one would be in that's ok, I could just change the delivery date or ask for it to be delivered to a neighbour no problem. They also provided a link to the delivery company's website, which took me straight to my order, no remembering order numbers. From here I could track the progress of my order status.

This morning I get another email from them, giving me the approximate hour it would be delivered, the name of the driver delivering it, again saying to make sure someone was in, or at this point I can still change the delivery date or get it delivered to a neighbour, and providing the link to track it. But now I don't just see the status update, I can actually track John's progress on a map and see exactly where he is and how far from me, and it tells me what number delivery he's making and what number I am.

This is so useful and brilliant, why can't all delivery companies do this? He's really close to my house it's so exciting!

When the Playstation 4 launched in the UK last Friday the DPD tracker was used quite a lot. I remember in the Playstation 4 launch thread they were tracking their delivery drivers, urging them on.

Danj

DPD are awesome. They delivered my PS4 last Friday, bang on time as usual. Was able to get it hooked up at work and had a play on Resogun before taking it home :)

By the way, seems Amazon sent me some £7 money off codes for PS+ 365 Day Pass, Knack and Killzone, anybody want them? They're only valid till the 13th so I can't use them (don't get paid again till the 20th).

EDIT: the PS+ money off voucher has been claimed, I still have the other two though.

I can't remember which service delivered my Vita but I got texts at work telling me when it was going to be delievered and the name of the driver, then I got a text an hour in advance of delivery, then they delivered to my neighbour, gave me the house number and name of the neighbour.

Pretty good, it's nice to be kept in the loop

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow that's awesome. And I reckon the reason most don't do it is because they don't want to be held accountable for delays and issues with delivery so they simply don't bother or obfuscate the delivery with non-specific terminology in their tracking information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom