• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Y'all need to prepare for the future:

Amazon Prime Air

nU2ohhD.jpg

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I think the shit about my flatmate is starting to sink in

I'm kinda thinking about moving back to Pauls.. I can't deal with all this crap on my own

What should I do

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Exactly what you're doing. Talk to people about it and how it makes you feel. It's rough going for sure but dude needs all the support he can get right now if he's planning to fight it.

Best if you decide early if you are going to stick around or not.

jimbor

Banned

I'm kinda thinking about moving back to Pauls.. I can't deal with all this crap on my own

What should I do

It's no reason to move out, mane. Although i guess that depends on what type of cancer it is and what stage? If it's stage 4 anything or pancreatic anything, he's pretty much fucked so maybe you should find somewhere else to live. Sounds callous but you don't want him dying on you and being left with the bills.

Think you said he was 27 before so he might be okay as that's pretty young. I remember my friend's brother being diagnosed with advanced lung and brain cancer at the age of 28, doctors were mega surprised to see it so bad in someone so young.

This would totally work if you imagined a world in which there is no such thing as wind or bad weather.

"There was no one available to sign for the package, we have left it with your neighbour, Frozen Ditch, 300 miles north of your location"

8bit

Knows the Score

What should I do

How long does your apprenticeship have to run? I'd suggest trying to finish that at the very least.

Oh wait, is Pauls someone else's house? Is that the rage issues guy?

Mikeside

My hotel in Glasgow is right by the helicopter crash.
Think I walked pay when they are doing a police interview

Shorty... Pub one night?

Just realised that one of my friends is on that E4 Geeks show next week (where they send them on holiday to a party resort).

I have threatened to GIF the hell out of it.

Hystzen

That new Bear Grylls show Get Out Alive is most insane shit I seen. It just Bear trolling teams of contests for shits n giggles like a totally crazy I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

I would legit shit myself when durin this week episode the contestants just heard his voice looked into treetops and saw him sat in tree with a bow and arrow (for no fucking reason it never showed why he had a bow for)calling them shit.

I cracked up when the group left a old married couple to be swept away into sea with possibilty of drowning.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is the party resort free? I would have gone on it. Especially as being on the TV means you can purposefully bore people with the Zelda timeline and explaining the differences between Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 2.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The arrival of the new generation and the sales data has driven people insane. It is so vicious and horrible over in Gaming :( . I think I'll just go sit in the Zelda thread and be happy because damn that game has no right being so good.

Is the party resort free? I would have gone on it. Especially as being on the TV means you can purposefully bore people with the Zelda timeline and explaining the differences between Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 2.

That's Super Mario USA to you, baka gaijin.

Gaming Side hates Donkey Kong.

It is officially full of horrible people.

:(

I think they just hate the prospect of Nintendo actually announcing a new thing, and it just being a new DKC:TF trailer

...because surely NO-ONE can hate the leader of the bunch, whom we all know well. I mean, he's finally back, to kick some tail!

My SS present is ready to be sent.

I looked down on it before I began to wrap it and the words "you've gone too far" came to mind. I hope my victim happy recipient has a sense of humour

Mikeside

Waiting at the hotel to find out if the kit we need to do the job today is actually going to be delivered or not... So glad I brought my ps4

SmokyDave

Gaming Side hates Donkey Kong.

It is officially full of horrible people.

:(

I'm not sure where I stand on that. I've got DKC: R on 3DS and I am slowly making my way through it. I fire it up and smile and think 'ooh, this is like that game I used to like!' and I'm happy for about three levels. Then I get bored and play something else.

I'm glad I bought it and I will complete it eventually, it just isn't clicking like it should. I think some of it is the fact that the 3D effect just doesn't work for me on the 3DS XL and DK seems like it uses it to great effect :(

Waiting at the hotel to find out if the kit we need to do the job today is actually going to be delivered or not... So glad I brought my ps4
Fucking great aren't they. I was lying in bed last night playing NFS over remote play and it made me realise this is going to be a great generation.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
CHEEZMO™;92296828 said:
Forever the best MMD

I'm not sure where I stand on that. I've got DKC: R on 3DS and I am slowly making my way through it. I fire it up and smile and think 'ooh, this is like that game I used to like!' and I'm happy for about three levels. Then I get bored and play something else.

I'm glad I bought it and I will complete it eventually, it just isn't clicking like it should. I think some of it is the fact that the 3D effect just doesn't work for me on the 3DS XL and DK seems like it uses it to great effect :(
Not to be a FPS elitist but the Wii version is 60FPS vs 30FPS on the 3DS. That extra smoothness in a platformer could help with the enjoyment as you'll feel like you're zipping through the levels. Though some may not like it for the waggle to roll controls.

Maybe I'm out of touch but the DKC games to me always came off as cool games. Of course I may be confusing 90s coolness with the coolness of the 10s but consider the VGX awards are using an X to denote coolness I'm sure they are also stuck in 90's cool mode. Thus for my DKC should be a perfect fit.

But I'm not going to watch them so I'd rather big reveals are saved for something I will watch.

afoni

Banned
VGX is just going to be something I find out the happenings of on the front page of GAF while I'm pissed on my way home from the meet on Saturday.

I'm okay with that.

it is not a synthetic phallus

it's weirder than that

I feel sorry for whoever it is.

But I hope they post pictures.

Symphonia

Banned
Is it worth watching the rest of Fresh Meat season 3? I remember watching the first episode and getting turned off.
We're on season three now? Fuck, I've only watched up to the first episode of season two and then couldn't be bothered to downl...erm, acquire the rest. Is it worth watching the rest?

SKINNER!

Banned
Is it worth watching the rest of Fresh Meat season 3? I remember watching the first episode and getting turned off.

passable. If you got nothing else productive to do then put it on in the background. Otherwise, don't allocate time to watch it. Great characters but the plot/storylines are so "been there, done that".

SteveWD40

I am a week ahead (watch them on 4OD on Tuesdays) than terrestrial.

I like the show and think it is worth watching, but I do have a few issues:

1. It's lost any sense of realism, the plots are getting daft now.
2. They all seem to still be in their second year, no mention that this should be their 3rd / final and that Howard should have left by now.
3. They are all becoming caricatures (more than they were).

I think point 2 is due to them wanting to keep it running and not have to end it at S3 when they inevitability leave Uni, some changed courses, some may be doing a PHD but it's pretty apparent they are just pretending S1/2 was one year and not two.

Hystzen

The recent plot where Sam liked JP not Howard irritated me was hoping they do something different but nope it also came to end as expected. It also obvious that new boring girl is set up for Howard

Man reason for watching it now is because Josie would get it

SteveWD40

The recent plot where Sam liked JP not Howard irritated me was hoping they do something different but nope it also came to end as expected. It also obvious that new boring girl is set up for Howard

Man reason for watching it now is because Josie would get it

4OD spoiler:
Sam is getting with Kinglsey now...

I am partial to Oregon myself, weakness for brunettes + posh girls...

Mikeside

Fucking great aren't they. I was lying in bed last night playing NFS over remote play and it made me realise this is going to be a great generation.

I've not had much chance to enjoy remote play yet but I'm loving the console. This might pull me away from PC gaming almost entirely for a couple of years!

Dave what's your Psn? You can be witness to any amazing clips of my gaming prowess that I send up posting

I am a week ahead (watch them on 4OD on Tuesdays) than terrestrial.

I like the show and think it is worth watching, but I do have a few issues:

1. It's lost any sense of realism, the plots are getting daft now.
2. They all seem to still be in their second year, no mention that this should be their 3rd / final and that Howard should have left by now.
3. They are all becoming caricatures (more than they were).

I think point 2 is due to them wanting to keep it running and not have to end it at S3 when they inevitability leave Uni, some changed courses, some may be doing a PHD but it's pretty apparent they are just pretending S1/2 was one year and not two.

I thought that they did one of the seasons as starting after Christmas rather than a new year for the time thing?

But I'm still enjoying it. Agree on the realism but it's very funny.

SmokyDave

Forever the best MMD

Not to be a FPS elitist but the Wii version is 60FPS vs 30FPS on the 3DS. That extra smoothness in a platformer could help with the enjoyment as you'll feel like you're zipping through the levels. Though some may not like it for the waggle to roll controls.

Maybe I'm out of touch but the DKC games to me always came off as cool games. Of course I may be confusing 90s coolness with the coolness of the 10s but consider the VGX awards are using an X to denote coolness I'm sure they are also stuck in 90's cool mode. Thus for my DKC should be a perfect fit.

But I'm not going to watch them so I'd rather big reveals are saved for something I will watch.
Eh, I dunno. The framerate isn't really bothering me that much. I can tell it's a really good Donkey Kong game, and a really good platformer, I just can't bring myself to play it for more than ten minutes at a time. I just end up going on Youtube and watching the fucking awesome intro to the SNES version.

I've not had much chance to enjoy remote play yet but I'm loving the console. This might pull me away from PC gaming almost entirely for a couple of years!

Dave what's your Psn? You can be witness to any amazing clips of my gaming prowess that I send up posting
Yup, I can see it being my main games machine for the forseeable future. Well, split with the Vita anyway.

My PSN is SmokiestDave. I'm shite at checking my messages so don't worry if I don't accept immediately!

SKINNER!

Banned
Vod is just unstoppable. So fucking entertaining to watch. Kinda feel she's watered down a little in S3. Initially disliked JP but feel that without him in the crew the show would be weak. Ridiculously funny. Oregon is meh...Kinda felt that they could've done something with the Vod/Oregon double team instead of just Oregon trying hard to act/be like Vod during S1 and 2. Howard's great. He reminds me of a guy I used to work with who looks exactly like him. and the whole Josie/Kingsley story arc is just so mundane. I couldn't care less if they break up, get together, get smashed, contract herpes..whatever. Also, fuck that "My Parents Are Aliens" lecturer guy still being in it.

Agree with Steve though, kinda felt the show lost it's realism (which is why I initially prefered it over other teenage shows like Skins).

SteveWD40

I thought that they did one of the seasons as starting after Christmas rather than a new year for the time thing?

Really? I could have sworn both ended at Summer, was it 1 or 2 that ended at Xmas?

and the whole Josie/Kingsley story arc is just so mundane

It is now, it started off ok because he was so fucking tragic, having to give up being a teenager to look after your sick mum in a council flat? that guy deserves happiness, but now he is just as much of a douche as the rest.

SKINNER!

Banned
It is now, it started off ok because he was so fucking tragic, having to give up being a teenager to look after your sick mum in a council flat? that guy deserves happiness, but now he is just as much of a douche as the rest.

But with Josie though? Fuckin' Josie?!! shit, she'd give me a brain aneurysm.

I had mixed feelings with that whole "Howard trying to get that girl but she ends up doing JP" story. On one hand I felt bad for Howard and thought JP was a dick for getting what he wanted but on the other hand I applauded the show for not going down that BS "loser guy gets the girl by doing nothing" happy ending. The show would've definitely been unrealistic if it went down the King of Queens route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom