• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

I get what mean shorty but issue now is setting up creepy dull new girl with Howard basically loser outcasts belong together lol.

The writers must know they never going to beat the Geologoy trip or weekend at JP episodes so trying to outdo each episode one after another be more crazy

For the Howard thing, him shouting "I'm getting my tits out!!!" at the end of this week's episode was brilliant. Cracked up completely at that end.

Really? I could have sworn both ended at Summer, was it 1 or 2 that ended at Xmas?

I have no idea. I just vaguely remember the start of one being after Xmas. I'll check and get back to you, but could be wrong.

But yes Josie's character has had an interesting decline. Bloody hell.

Hmm, I feel like maybe I'm missing out by not having watched any Fresh Meat. Might have to rectify that.

Btw loving the new avi Hystzen

My lack of tolerance for the shitty romance in Fredh Meat is alleviated slightly by Kimberley Nixon being weirdly attractive.

Characters they need to ditch forever: Tony, Heather. Literally every other ancillary character has been more interesting and worthy of development. Especially Sam.

SKINNER!

Banned
I get what mean shorty but issue now is setting up creepy dull new girl with Howard basically loser outcasts belong together lol.

Yeah, you gotta point there. It's a lose-lose situation in terms of his storyline. They will predictively hook up at some point in the future episode and that whole "losers can only go with other losers" trope will be fulfilled. I think they should've just left Howard out of love/relationship stories and stuck to the whole "him fighting uni politics" shtick like the library book segment. That was great! Perhaps see him hanging out/in a relationship with girls but not let the show heavily emphasise that he has an active sex life.

Best way to handle Howard would be to accidentally have him fall into a relationship whilst doing his black flag computer bullshit. (Which is also heavily exaggerated, pinpointing people's fucking locations and stuff, but whatever, it's more watchable than him standing up a hot girl because waaaah im scurred. That'd be more believable if this wasn't the same guy who'd gladly start a fight in public over a library book :p)

Basically, focus on the right things. It's a funny show still but only Vod and JP seemed to be played to their strengths.

SteveWD40

My lack of tolerance for the shitty romance in Fredh Meat is alleviated slightly by Kimberley Nixon being weirdly attractive.

Characters they need to ditch forever: Tony, Heather. Literally every other ancillary character has been more interesting and worthy of development. Especially Sam.

Funny story, the guy who plays Tony plays the EXACT same character in Last Tango in Halifax on the BBC: failing author academic who works at the Uni and cheats on his wife / mopes around like a lovestruck puppy with objects of his desire.

It's so similar it's almost comical.

OK, the beginning of Episode 6 is some fantastic stuff.

Funny story, the guy who plays Tony plays the EXACT same character in Last Tango in Halifax on the BBC: failing author academic who works at the Uni and cheats on his wife / mopes around like a lovestruck puppy with objects of his desire.

It's so similar it's almost comical.

Really? That sucks. He's not a terrible actor even; he played Dan Jackson well enough on The Thick Of It.

SteveWD40

Really? That sucks. He's not a terrible actor even; he played Dan Jackson well enough on The Thick Of It.

I like him as an actor and I like both characters, I think it's just a spooky coincidence that LT's script had that character in and they must have seen his work in FM and asked him.

NinjaBoiX

Is Fresh Meat more or less funny than Bad Education? 'Cos I watched an episode of that and was all:

2kOq8rP.jpg

SteveWD40

Is Fresh Meat more or less funny than Bad Education? 'Cos I watched an episode of that and was all

Never seen the latter, but FM has it's moments, S1 is probably the high point so far for humour. It's free on 4OD so check it out.

Edit: it's also all filmed round my way :)

8bit

Knows the Score
I really liked Bad Education, the second series especially when Harry Enfield turns up. I should really watch Fresh Meat.

Hystzen

Speaking of comedies anybody else watching Hello Ladies. It so fucking grim but amazing it makes some the cringe stories bout dating in Britgaf look like successes

Fresh Meat is good. Like a less post-modern and uni version of Louie.

EDIT: Actually it isn't really like Louie at all, just similar in that it isn't 'ha-ha' funny and there are sad parts.

SKINNER!

Banned
I've watched the first four episodes, I love it, like almost anything Merchant does, I need to catch up.

He played Tony's dad, and directed some episodes.

aah yes. My bad. Got him confused with Ardal O'Hanlon. He was the "Can't be arsed with this shit" lecturerer.

Wow at that My Parents Are Aliens throwback on the last page...makes me feel hella old. Anyone remember the EDGE writer that wrote an episode or two for it?

afoni

Banned
There are two pieces of coursework I'm yet to get back yet from uni, but I know they've been marked. This frustrates me so much and I just want to stab someone in the leg over it.

jimbor

Banned
There are two pieces of coursework I'm yet to get back yet from uni, but I know they've been marked. This frustrates me so much and I just want to stab someone in the leg over it.

Whoa mane, calm down. Take that aggression out on a wall or summat.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I feel like a failure to our generation because I don't really use twitter. I have a twitter and have sent tweets (mostly business inquiries for support info) but I just can't be asked to scroll through and look at what people say.

Am I missing something here or am I just a twat?

jimbor

Banned
I feel like a failure to our generation because I don't really use twitter. I have a twitter and have sent tweets (mostly business inquiries for support info) but I just can't be asked to scroll through and look at what people say.

You're a twat.

8bit

Knows the Score

I like it as the juxtaposition of weird pictures, glitched text, opinion & niche interests have formed it into the dadaist news source I never knew I always wanted.

I imagine if you're following Philip Schofield & Stephen Fry it's not quite the same experience.

NinjaBoiX

3 is rolling out 4G in the UK now!
It's a joke mate, the connection to 4G is so poor at the minute that you're better off using standard 3G. It was actually cheaper from EE to get my contract on 4G, I then spent the first week flitting between the two trying to get a good signal. 4G was so constantly disappointing, I just gave up and left it on 3G.

I don't even get the need for it in principle, what 3G isn't fast enough? YouTube streams just fine, and I can't think of any other use that would necessitate a faster connection. Do they think people plan on downloading 4K movies to their phone or something? It's seems entirely superfluous to me.

Danj

It's a joke mate, the connection to 4G is so poor at the minute that you're better off using standard 3G. It was actually cheaper from EE to get my contract on 4G, I then spent the first week flitting between the two trying to get a good signal. 4G was so constantly disappointing, I just gave up and left it on 3G.

Which city are you in?

I don't even get the need for it in principle, what 3G isn't fast enough? YouTube streams just fine, and I can't think of any other use that would necessitate a faster connection. Do they think people plan on downloading 4K movies to their phone or something? It's seems entirely superfluous to me.

Vita remote play?

SuperSah

Banned

That sounds awful. I will be sure to let you know how mine works when the update is live.

Honestly, I feel H+ is fast enough anyways.

NinjaBoiX

Which city are you in?
This small, unassuming hamlet known as "Sunderland".
Vita remote play?
Meh, I don't have a Vita anymore. But yeah, I guess that would be useful. It's just pointless for my needs, 3G is plenty fast enough.
That sounds awful. I will be sure to let you know how mine works when the update is live.

Honestly, I feel H+ is fast enough anyways.
Exactly. Apart from a small minority of people who need the extra bandwidth, it's just another pointless new thing we are being told we need.

afoni

Banned
Lecture got pushed back half an hour for the final two weeks. Completely forgot and now I'm going to be bored for 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom