• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
(That teenage girl presence in the audiences. :/ )

I bet you scream just like that when you see them Ninja

yKzUgsh.gif

I have £30 to spend on my daughter for christmas and am unhappy about it.[/SPOILER]

I might be wrong but isn't your daughter quite young? For thirty quid you should be able to get her something she'll like.

Symphonia

Banned
I might be wrong but isn't your daughter quite young? For thirty quid you should be able to get her something she'll like.
She's four, five next August, but age doesn't really come into it. I should, as her father, be able to provide for her and apart from the £150 a month maintenance I pay to her mother, I can't. I'm terrible with saving money, ironically, as that's exactly what I do with people. I just...urgh.

Mikeside

She's four, five next August, but age doesn't really come into it. I should, as her father, be able to provide for her and apart from the £150 a month maintenance I pay to her mother, I can't. I'm terrible with saving money, ironically, as that's exactly what I do with people. I just...urgh.

Use that money to take her somewhere instead. Even if it's really cheap and stupid. Doing something with my dad would've been so much more valuable than a present from him ever could've been. Have a nice day and you'll have got her a memory you can remind her of when she's too old to remember being 4. Fuck things. Nobody ever said "my dad was never around but at least be bought me stuff" but they do say "my dad never had much money but damn did I love spending time with him"

And don't let anyone tell you not to be open and honest here. It works for me, you just have to let people get to know you first, and give them the opportunity to actually offer advice like you have this time.

Much love, buddy <3

NinjaBoiX

Mike, how did it go with the lady last night? Give us a quick rundown buddy.
I bet you scream just like that when you see them Ninja.
I threw my socks on stage. That's what you do right?
What does this mean?
Bobby Womack at number 2. Love it, tune is so damn good!
Guys. Guys. I'm so hungover guys. Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh.
Haha. You took today off though right?

Oh yeah, I saw this on imgur last night, thought you'd get a kick out of it. It's a little Asian bambino and everything:

b2X1G3k.jpg

That is pretty damn cute like!

Mikeside

Mike, how did it go with the lady last night? Give us a quick rundown buddy.

Typically, I woke up yesterday and my throat was absolutely fucked. So sore (it's even worse today)
I considered cancelling, but instead ate 3 packs of Halls over the day to calm the beast & had an amazing time - we just went to a pub in Clapham Junction, then had a walk. Talked about uni, work, GAF, comics, lots about music and families.

She's really sweet, relaxed, funny and cute & I think we're very compatible, so we're going to meet up once the holidays are over, as we're both super-busy over Christmas.

Now, after hours of chatting, then chatting to Musha after, my throat is actually dying & I've got a cold coming on too. This is the price I'm paying. I'm OK with it.

Haha. You took today off though right?

Oh yeah, I saw this on imgur last night, thought you'd get a kick out of it. It's a little Asian bambino and everything:

b2X1G3k.jpg

That is pretty damn cute like!

No I didn't. No holiday left.

Yeah that's cute.

Now, after hours of chatting, then chatting to Musha after, my throat is actually dying & I've got a cold coming on too. This is the price I'm paying. I'm OK with it.

Sorry :/

NinjaBoiX

Coldman could've at least said goodbye. Jerkoff!

Typically, I woke up yesterday and my throat was absolutely fucked. So sore (it's even worse today)
I considered cancelling, but instead ate 3 packs of Halls over the day to calm the beast & had an amazing time - we just went to a pub in Clapham Junction, then had a walk. Talked about uni, work, GAF, comics, lots about music and families.

She's really sweet, relaxed, funny and cute & I think we're very compatible, so we're going to meet up once the holidays are over, as we're both super-busy over Christmas.

Awesome Mike, it sounds like you guys got on like a house on fire. Nice dating big man!

SKINNER!

Banned
lol at putting uni work in front of GAF. I didn't bother with that during my days at uni and look how I turned out.
simply awesome

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
LOL 72 minutes total of streaming on Spotify. That was probably when I was told they got rid of that shitty five listens restriction and then went back to forgetting about it again.

Self bans don't help. You can just log off or delete cookies and go back to lurking again.

While my account does date back to my uni days (made it during my gap year) I didn't really post that much during those years so it was never much of a problem.

However just because GAF wasn't a distraction doesn't mean there weren't other sites that I could waste time on. Guess it was a good thing I only got a laptop in my final year so I actually had to pay attention in lectures.

kyser73

Happy I found this thread!

When's you Birthday: 5th June, 1973
Where do you live: London SW2
Where are you from: Witham, Essex
Occupation/University: IT in the NHS, degree from Goldsmiths
Favourite Actor/Actress: Brad Pitt/Winona Ryder in Heathers
Favourite Band/Artist: Radiohead or Queen
Favourite TV Show: atm Fringe, all time...probably Buffy or S1-3 of The Wire
Favourite Crisps: Cheese & Chive Tyrell's
Favourite Biscuit: Plain chic digestive
Favourite Pokémon: I don't Pokemon
Ant or Dec: neckshots
Stalactites or Stalagmites: moss
Beano or Dandy: 2000AD

Also - father of two: 3yr old daughter, 2 week (today!) old son.

Sony pony.

Fan of Rainbow Dash.

SKINNER!

Banned

Sony pony.

Fan of Rainbow Dash.

Welcome Kyser!

SmokyDave

Howdy y'all. Man, it's been a long week. Wish I could have a lazy weekend but we need to do one last check over of the old house before we hand back the keys. Out on the piss tonight too so it'll be a rough morning.

Ah well, it's christmas soon!

Another boring-ass rant typical of your favourite emo cunt.

I've been told not to be so open on here as I just open myself up for all manner of criticism but I don't care, I don't have anyone or anywhere to go to with this, and I just need to get it off my chest because it's eating me up and tearing me apart and I honestly feel like shit. I feel like I'm a shit enough father as it is but, with Christmas coming up, I feel even more as I'm not going to be able to afford to buy my daughter anything. I get paid on the 20th and every last penny has already been taken up by direct debits and rent and CSA and utility bills.

I'm going to be able to spend, at best, £30 on my daughter. £30 for a fucking Christmas present. I can't help but feel she hates me enough as it is and now I get to fuck up Christmas for her, too. Yay, what a fucking wonderful father I am, eh? Walking out on her when she was one and not being able to buy her anything for Christmas yet again. Urgh, it's fucking destroying me that some prick is getting to play 'father' to her and I'm stuck here, being a shit dad as per always. I fucking hate feeling like this, I fucking hate it.

I still haven't sent you my bank details so if you're holding that postage money, chuck it into the xmas fund for your daughter.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Sony pony.

Fan of Rainbow Dash.

Hello. Fellow new parson here - can I just say that, as a fellow plain choc digestive fan, I think you're alright by me. Do you ever dunk?

Krakle

Just found this thread too!

When's you Birthday: 9th September 1986
Where do you live: Essex
Where are you from: London
Occupation/University: Teaching Assistant/Studying Computer Science with the OU
Favourite Actor/Actress: Simon Pegg
Favourite Band/Artist:Foo Fighters
Favourite TV Show: Don't watch much TV
Favourite Crisps: Chilli Heatwave Doritos
Favourite Biscuit: Garibaldi
Favourite Pokémon: Charizard
Ant or Dec: Ant
Stalactites or Stalagmites: The ones that point up.

NinjaBoiX

Howdy y'all. Man, it's been a long week. Wish I could have a lazy weekend but we need to do one last check over of the old house before we hand back the keys. Out on the piss tonight too so it'll be a rough morning.

Ah well, it's christmas soon!

I still haven't sent you my bank details so if you're holding that postage money, chuck it into the xmas fund for your daughter.
^see this is why we all love Dave.

Glad you're getting sorted with the house chief, nearly there brah.

Also, many new members. Jolly good!

8bit

Knows the Score
Eh, we'll worry about that some other time, you have more important things to spend money on at the moment.

I'd recommend getting Stunt Motherfucking City. It's what I'd be buying my daughter if she wasn't still dossing about in the womb.

Damn, that looks good. If only I hadn't already bought my daughter a chucky doll.

You'll grow to hate things like that, 30 minutes set-up for 5 minutes of cars flying across the room into walls, doors, cats, feet, etc.

Use that money to take her somewhere instead. Even if it's really cheap and stupid. Doing something with my dad would've been so much more valuable than a present from him ever could've been. Have a nice day and you'll have got her a memory you can remind her of when she's too old to remember being 4. Fuck things. Nobody ever said "my dad was never around but at least be bought me stuff" but they do say "my dad never had much money but damn did I love spending time with him"

This seems like good advice, time with loved ones > shiny stuff.

I'll just add that my three gifts to my girlfriend have a total value of £17 (M&S 3-for-2's ftw), so you can still get nice stuff for cheap.

I love how specific you are here! Heathers is a great film though.

I like you

I really like you.

Just found this thread too!

When's you Birthday: 9th September 1986
Where do you live: Essex
Where are you from: London
Occupation/University: Teaching Assistant/Studying Computer Science with the OU
Favourite Actor/Actress: Simon Pegg
Favourite Band/Artist:Foo Fighters
Favourite TV Show: Don't watch much TV
Favourite Crisps: Chilli Heatwave Doritos
Favourite Biscuit: Garibaldi
Favourite Pokémon: Charizard
Ant or Dec: Ant
Stalactites or Stalagmites: The ones that point up.

Welcome to you too!

And yeah, I think pretty soon us Essex people will rise up and take over.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
If it counts any, my dad is from Essex.

Tesco is doing boxes of Ferrero Rocher for £5 a pop. Looks like Christmas is sorted for the rest of my friends. Nobody dislikes those delicious little treats, unless you've a nut allergy... D:

By the way that suggestion Mikeside had for a day out rather than a present sounds like a really good idea - I remember being young I always enjoyed those, even if I got nothing more than a McDonalds out of it by the end of the day. Maybe Santa's Grotto, if she's not too old for that?

NinjaBoiX

Tesco is doing boxes of Ferrero Rocher for £5 a pop. Looks like Christmas is sorted for the rest of my friends. Nobody dislikes those delicious little treats, unless you've a nut allergy... D:
These are the chocolates of kings:

bQXZmYA.jpg

4ajiDLd.jpg

They look like little turds, but goddamn they're tasty as fuck.

So smooth and creamy too, just like a good shit.

jimbor

Banned
If it counts any, my dad is from Essex.

By the way that suggestion Mikeside had for a day out rather than a present sounds like a really good idea - I remember being young I always enjoyed those, even if I got nothing more than a McDonalds out of it by the end of the day. Maybe Santa's Grotto, if she's not too old for that?

Co-Operative are doing the 24 pack boxes for a fiver too plus you get 10% off with an NUS card.

Jezbollah

Essex lurker here

(well actually, was born & raised in Royal Hertfordshire if that has any effect).

..back to lurking

(ps have a good weekend everyone)

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I don't like them

Will Cheese Footballs do instead?

These are the chocolates of kings:

http://i.imgur.com/bQXZmYA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4ajiDLd.jpg

They look like little turds, but goddamn they're tasty as fuck.

So smooth and creamy too, just like a good shit.

Oh my, they look good. Who sells 'em?

CyanideStrike said:
Going to sleep in the afternoon is never a good idea.

Urgh, I HATE sleeping during the day, which is a nuisance as my sadly older self craves it half the time. That groggy feeling after never does anybody any favours.

I found that if you have an afternoon nap, brushing your teeth or a quick swill of mouthwash really helps alleviate that groggy feeling. Give it a try next time.

Wilkommen new folk

So i saw the trailer for the next spiderman film, which made me realise I hadn't seen the first of this new series, The Amazing Spiderman. So I watched it last night.

What they should have called it was The Um-Haha-Yeah-Like-No-Haha Uh-Yeah Awkward Spiderman

The scriptwriter for this thing should be shot.

This fucking scene made me wanna tear my dick of and hurl it at the screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR_iybLi310

The whole movie has dialogue like this to varying degrees. He's even a-a-awkward during action scenes. I'm simmering with rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom