• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I'll believe it when I see it. God knows how Manc gaf haven't organised a meet already, it's so dinky up there.
The problem is someone has to arrange it, and clearly no one up North is organised enough.
I'll organise a Manc Meet if no-one else wants to.

Christmas next year would be cool. CHEEZMO could fur up as Rudolph.
I don't have much to talk about right now, I mean if you wanna chat and stuff you know where I am brah ^_^
tumblr_maly4uwNjJ1ro8yvqo1_500.gif

Will you play me Paramore songs through the wire?

I liked your piano session in Last Resort. Not gonna lie mate, got a boner.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So interesting day today. We had a royal visit by the princess royal (princess anne) to formally open the new building.

My job was to man the door so in some ways both the local borough head of event security, the polce and the head of the royal security were all trusting me. I'm just the IT guy!

But at least I can say I was the first to greet her and the last to say goodbye.

Son Of D

Looks like all the fun happened whilst I was at work D:

Hey guys I posted this in gaming side but not sure if you lot saw it, have a look at this video, a couple of minutes to warm the heart a little.

http://youtu.be/Bd2BsLecH9o

I had a fairly big smile on my face as I watched that. Videos like that are so nice.

The whole sexuality talk

Trust me to miss this whilst away...

When I look back to my younger days, I find it a little odd that I've always been into guys. I had a really close male friend in Milton Keynes who I had actually kissed a few times. Then I moved to Dawlish and I thought I'd be alone, but I wasn't as I met the best friend I've ever had shortly after I moved, he helped me through a tough time and we dated whilst both in College. I did have a "phase" where I was bi though, but I'm not sure if that was just me trying to be "acceptable" by saying I liked girls. At least I'm not the only gay guy in here, I'm usually "the gay one" in the groups of friends (and former friends) I've had over the years.

I think I rambled a bit there.

Mikeside

I questioned my sexuality constantly from being about 13 until I met the first girl I became infatuated with at 17. Looking back, I think it's kind of silly to expect any teenager to have a clear understanding of their sexuality until they're an adult at least.

NinjaBoiX

Rich!

Silly question, but regarding JSA:

I start my new job on Monday, but my first pay won't be until the end of January. I'm currently on jobseekers, £450 a month. If I phone up the job center tomorrow to let them know I'm now employed, will they stop my benefit immediately, or will they pay it until next month to cover the rent?

Because if it's the former, I'm fucked.

SKINNER!

Banned
So I was at this party last week and this guy came up and was like "Hey man! Where are you from?"

and I told him "I was from Queens NY"

and then he was like "No, I mean, Where are you REALLY from?"...which, for those of you who don't know, that's code for "No, I mean, Why aren't you white?"

Hahaha, so true. Laughed hard at that. Watching John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show on Netflix which is practically the American version of Live at the Apollo except John Oliver effortlessly shits all over Michael McIntyre. Shame it's censored though.

I start my new job on Monday, but my first pay won't be until the end of January. I'm currently on jobseekers, £450 a month. If I phone up the job center tomorrow to let them know I'm now employed, will they stop my benefit immediately, or will they pay it until next month to cover the rent?

You're expected to work a month in hand by the DWP from my limited knowledge. They'll basically pay what they owe you until the exact date you start work, and no more.

Usual rules too: if average hours are less than 16 per week you can remain on JSA (but you loose it pound for pound against what you earn bar the first £5 each week, rendering it pointless to stay signed on), over 16 hours a week you're straight off the list.

However I'd still ring them (don't ask in the office, they couldn't give less of a shit) or Citizens Advice to see what assistance is available. Infact just go straight to the CAB.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Tash, we already lost Kent, and you hardly post at all anymore. I miss your impish whimsy man. Come back into the fold fella, we got your back. Don't listen to the naysayers.

CHEEZMO, your new avatar is very kawaii, I keep thinking you're BGBW.

Both really. I'm bored of my work and Sunderland in general, and my brother lives down there. He lives with his missus who has very kindly offered to put me up if needs be until I find my feet.

Plus, she owns/runs a property management company so it's a prefect foot in the door for a maintenance electrician. It couldn't be more ideal really.

Manchester is wicked, I love that place. Being closer to my southernGAF peeps is no bad thing either! I'm utterly sold mate, it's happening.

Yiss.

Fill in the form in the OP mane. It's like initiation, or something, I dunno.

I aint no mane! (stabs Witch King)

I'm not ignoring it, I thought I already had.

edit...might I refer you please to post 16160. 'Twas a good post.

To be fair I'm 32 and I still probably couldn't tell you with any certainty what my sexuality is.

I'm a little late but what?! I wouldn't have said that you were four years older than me, I'd have said the opposite.

P.S I'm straight, wasn't sure for a while when I was a teenager though, seems like it's normal.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

You just have to continue to look for work whilst you work

NinjaBoiX

Coreda made me a Crimbo avy. Tis jolly, and not blurry shit like that one I found from a google search.

Merry Christmas guys and stuff.
I'm not ignoring it, I thought I already had.

edit...might I refer you please to post 16160. 'Twas a good post.
Oops, my bad. That post passed me by!
Welsh is such a hot language.
I'm not a fan, it sounds like someone clearing their throat. Plus, it's one of those languages where everything sounds like a question.
On sex: im 100% hetero. I can apprrciate attractive men but no penises pls. I got pegged once and did not like it.
Deets please, sounds like it could be an amusing tale.
I'm a little late but what?! I wouldn't have said that you were four years older than me, I'd have said the opposite.
Yeah, Soturi is hot as fuck. I take the piss sometimes, but she ma buddy, it's all in good jest!

She fly.

CHEEZMO™;93384934 said:
Milton Keynes sounds like a really drab poet from 1792.

Andy had a great idea about using place names as people names for a novel. There are so many great ones, Leighton Buzzard, Wooton Bassett etc.

Watching Pobol y Cwm.

Welsh is such a hot language.

I hope that's sarcasm. If not you have issues.

Aww bless you, such a sweetie. Yeah I know, I look ridiculously young for my age.

NinjaBoiX

I'm in such a good mood today, I'm proper bouncing about the place, but I can't put my finger on exactly why. I did get a solid 8-9 hours sleep last night, it's lush weather up here today and it's nearly the weekend.

Then one more week at work until January! Aww yeah.
Not that exciting. Put it in, gave it a few licks and sucks, didn't really like it so stopped much to his annoyance.
RcOBWB0.jpg

(Thank you for giving me a reason to post this glorious gif.)

Guys, The 1975 are the worst band on the radio at the minute, god damn, what a bunch of wet ends. That dude's voice is so unbelievably limp and nasal. I mean listen to this shit:

The 1975 - Girls

And that "Chocolate" one too, urgh. It's like they're trying to sound as slight and inoffensive as possible. They're so fucking boring man!

Bring back Mumford & Sons, all is forgiven.

Symphonia

Banned
Can't say i agree. The guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Edit : did I say you looked old??I genuinely don't remember that (or a lot of the events of the evening)
Maybe its just me, but I like his voice. In that song, at least.

And yeah, the subject of my age and why I have very little hair was somewhat broached. I believe someone said I look like I'm in my late thirties. Cheers, fella.

NinjaBoiX

Let's stop before you all gang up on something you don't understand. Mumford are fun.
Paramore are more fun dude, and you know it.

Anyway, the only reason you like Mumford is because you fancy the pants off the lead singer. It's kind of sad Mike.
Ninja, I'm disappointed. The 1975 are decent. Sex is, for what its worth, a great song.
Big bag of "meh". Thoroughly bland instrumentation, boring melodies, dull rhythms and one godawful voice. And the lyrics are trite as hell too, there is one chorus where he is whining about her "having a boyfriend anyway" or some such nonsense.
That just pisses me off as people always think I'm older than I actually am. Mike, I'm looking at you.
I'm often ID when wearing a hat, sometimes even for cigarettes! That's what adhering to a strict skincare regime will do for you. Which reminds me, I need to buy cucumber today for my eyes for when I put my mud mask on tonight.

Without a hat, they're often too blinded by the glare off my bonce to make an accurate assessment.
Can't say i agree. The guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
pa8q9uN.jpg

Son Of D

I probably do look older than I am. The fact that my hair is horrendous (I'd shave it but I look bad with a shaven head) doesn't help. Although I did get ID'd for a PG film back when I was in College because "I was under 18 and didn't have an adult with me". Good old Tesco.

As for music, honestly I'm incredibly out of touch with music these days. Only reason I have Madeon music is because a friend was playing The City on his phone once and I asked what the song was.

Rich!

Just found out my parents are definitely buying me a house for Christmas.

I'm not sure how to react really. Obviously it's a good thing, but it's a shitload of money and I've been a total dick this year. Ah well.

We've found a place for £180k, gonna look at it later. Fingers crossed it'll be alright. The aim is for us to be in before our rental lease here runs out at the end of Jan.

Lirlond

Deets please, sounds like it could be an amusing tale.

Well its not that amusing but here we go:

Im into bdsm. Not so much the pain stuff as the power dynamic and the control. Well so was an ex of mine. Typically i was dom and she was sub. It worked. She had a fairly forceful personality so one night she insisted on being dom. Fast forward into the night a bit. Im in reverse prayer and she whips out a strapon. After a few minutes of the most uncomfortable feeling ever I cry out our safeword "aftersun". Im limp and my arse is red and i find it difficult to sit for a few days. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom