• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this PS4 hype, what are the chances of grabbing one off the shelves on launch day?

All we hear is "UK gaming retail is dead" and "next gen will be a flop" yet it's supposed to be a drought of PS4's worldwide...

Am I going to have to wait for HMV to open and shove people out of the way or something?

My plan is to turn up in a wheelchair and pretend to be crippled.

This is great because: I can turn up early and won't get a sore back from standing for hours.

I have pre-ordered but if there is a real shortage no one should be able to look at a disabled young man who's queued for hours and NOT save one for me.

I can piss off all the people still queuing when I get mine, wheel myself out and miraculously regain my ability to walk in front of everyone.

This is great because: I can turn up early and won't get a sore back from standing for hours.

I have pre-ordered but if there is a real shortage no one should be able to look at a disabled young man who's queued for hours and NOT save one for me.

I can piss off all the people still queuing when I get mine, wheel myself out and miraculously regain my ability to walk in front of everyone.

Cunt status: absolute. :p

Hystzen

The thrilling conclusion to first FTL session

Previously

Last time things where not looking good for hot shot pilot Musha locked in the cockpit with a raging fire heading her way while Coldman battles a fire to find a way to save her.

FcvXjLi.jpg

Coldman is victorious he puts out the raging inferno then quickly starts to mend the door controls. He managed just in time as Musha puts down a small fire in her room, he quickly decides to....open all doors and empty the room of O2 quickly putting out the fire. He then does a runner to medbay for slight burns not even bothering to check if Musha is alive.

Musha quickly closes the doors then dashes through the room to med bay. In medbay both her and Cold have a moment of silence as they stare at each other. Cold smiles showing he is glad to see her alive and Musha returns the smile. This moment is then ruined when Ninja walks into medbay complaining about how a box fell on his foot during the jump and needs healing. Maybe he should have worn his saftey boots while working.

Current place on the map we not even out of sector 1 and had such crazy adventures, the cursor shows where we started as can see on map the Xbots are closing in. For now our crew get some sleep before deciding which direction to go, do they travel to next sector or do they explore more hoping to find some phat loot.

find out whenever

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just like how I'm idle and doing essentially nothing.
You're a mantis. Unless there is someone to tear apart you are essentially idle.

Basically you are a boarding invader and ship security. You are working the engines though in the BGAF ship which is important for dodging missiles and lasers.

Hystzen

I just like how I'm idle and doing essentially nothing.

The curse of being a Mantis pretty shit at everything but killing people who beam aboard which should start happening. you did kill a boarder who tried attacking Musha just too busy trying to shoot a ship and fix things to take a screen grab.

Not sure how it has happened but Coldman has already leveled up his Weapon skill meaning shit hits wayy better.

Rich!

hi

Back from self request ban. Looks like I'll be off again, as I am being admitted due to my mental health

So uh yeah

I'm not looking forward to it

Symphonia

Banned
Guys, need some assurance; my current landlord, at the beginning of August, gave me my notice. A week later, his wife was taken into hospital as she's pregnant and started having pains. They've been there since then, leaving me to look after tje house and their cat and dog. I'm due to move out on Monday, should I feel bad for leaving them in the lurch like this? And I kinda refuse to pay rent as I've looked after everything and even did their laundry.

SuperSah

Banned
after almost three hours, I arrive in Stratford.

Train was fine. Waterloo was packed out but snagged two StreetPass hits.

The tube was awful. Dense, cramped corridors, shifty people, good grieg I have to ride it tomorrow.

The bus was pretty normal stuff.

So after working 6am-4pm then traveling here, i'm knackered and i'm going back tomorrow..

Darren870

The tube was awful. Dense, cramped corridors, shifty people, good grieg I have to ride it tomorrow.

So after working 6am-4pm then traveling here, i'm knackered and i'm going back tomorrow..

Live closer to work?

I've got to travel via tube tomorrow.

FML.

All this PS4 hype, what are the chances of grabbing one off the shelves on launch day?

All we hear is "UK gaming retail is dead" and "next gen will be a flop" yet it's supposed to be a drought of PS4's worldwide...

Am I going to have to wait for HMV to open and shove people out of the way or something?
Midnight at a 24h Tesco or bigger HMV is your best chance.

I plan to do this too but without a wheelchair and I won't be faking anything.

Edit: Scratch that, just remembered my Amazon pre-order.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just my local or is Currys getting out of the gaming business? The have 0 games on shelves (apart from the shitty PC stuff) and a few consoles and nothing else.

SuperSah

Banned
Is it just my local or is Currys getting out of the gaming business? The have 0 games on shelves (apart from the shitty PC stuff) and a few consoles and nothing else.

I saw the same in Kingston. They had no games at all, only a few Wii U's dumped in the corner and some X360 controllers.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I saw the same in Kingston. They had no games at all, only a few Wii U's dumped in the corner and some X360 controllers.

Maybe they're pissed because nobody is buying games from them at £44.99.

Rich!

Right.

I'll let you in on a secret. A mate of mine works at a currys megastore.

A couple of months ago, they got orders from head office to ship ALL of their games hardware and software to distribution. The reason?

For it all to be destroyed. Yep.

afoni

Banned
Wondering whether to buy Rayman Legends for Vita or Wii U when I eventually get it. Possibly the biggest dilemma I have ever faced.

SuperSah

Banned
Wondering whether to buy Rayman Legends for Vita or Wii U when I eventually get it. Possibly the biggest dilemma I have ever faced.

I hate Vita, but get it on Vita.

Whilst i'm here for the night, i'm gonna try the Legends demo on 360. If good like Origins, i'll pick it up day one.

Darren870

I'm working for my dad for a month in Kingston where I work, I came home to see mum and because i'm enrolling tomorrow, then i'm back off to work again.

Oh....

and...

It's disgusting and poorly kept. The tunnels going down are so claustrophoic and dingey. Tomorrow will be the last time I use it.

Maybe we'll StreetPass each other? :p

WHAT?! Have you been on any other train systems? London is one of the best I've been on. Tokyo is cleaner but FUCK rush hour in Tokyo. Its miserable!

SuperSah

Banned
Oh....

and...

WHAT?! Have you been on any other train systems? London is one of the best I've been on. Tokyo is cleaner but FUCK rush hour in Tokyo. Its miserable!

The London Overground's actually really nice. I had a pleasant experience on it today, clean as hell, and super friendly driver on the loud-speaker. Even the DLR's here are really clean and well-kept.

Just the Underground needs serious work.

SuperSah

Banned
Well, that was oddly unanimous.

Why do you hate it?

Not a fan of the rear-touchpad at all. I hate having to use the small "grips" for your fingers. It cramps after a short while much like 3DS. also not many games for it which I fancy and I just don't care for Sony exclusives.

God damn mother fucking True Blood bollocksy cunting wankfaced bastards.

Just watched eps 6 & 7 of Season 6. If anyone else is up to there you know what I mean. Thoroughly upset now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I actually really like the Underground. I mean sure, personal space is an alien concept and there are some creepy people, but that shit is 160 years old. I mean, daaamn. Does nobody else find that impressive?

Ah I see, American? We have a few of you lot in here already. Stay, hang out, we're a laugh honest!

:D

"Howdy", "y'all", yup, Yank! You should hang out here Cameron, it's good fun. We're a nice friendly bunch dude, I promise.

Ah nice, that should be good fun dude. How many of you are going? Long weekend?

Excellent,peace in our time London was an excellent time when I went last break. Treated a cowboy well ;) France was frozen over and don't believe in elevators lifts the bastards D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom