• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

What's this Rapture thread you guys are talking about? I assume you mean Bioshock Rapture, and therefore gaming side, but I just looked at the first three pages to no avail.

NVM, found it.

Jordan

I'm fairly sure I have every book of the manga collection for Death Note, do you reckon when sold as a collection it's worth anything?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty fucking ugly. Much as I don't like to generalise, the PC community were the last guys I expected to show that degree of entitlement. They're supposed to be above such petty bickering.

Why would you ever think that?

Hystzen

Previously on FTL BritGAF run

We left our brave crew members fighting a xbot near a star and dealing with solar flares was this the end?

fuck no it got owned anyway here is the upgrade screen.
e1gNSMV.png

In FTL you acquire scrap which is then used for ship upgrades or used in stores to repair the hull, buy weapons or new systems. I go with shields (not exactly hard choice) and cockpit due to it giving a evasion boost and a autopilot meaning Musha can now rush to repair or defend while the ship still moves.

We warp 3 more sectors fight some pirates and ignore to help civilians on a space port (80% chance you get mauled by space spiders). Then just as we notice a nearby shop we enter a sector with a familiar friend

Thinking this playthrough is more rigged then the Zimbabwe elections we encounter another battle around a star. During the fight the cockpit is it by a missle with starts a small fire burning Musha slightly, she is able to put it out then repair the cockpit ready to escape the star after the battle is won. The pirate offer to surrender in exchange for small amount of scrap, fuel and missles but Coldman coldly fires a missile into the engines blowing it to pieces.

Musha completes the FTL jump to a sector with a shop we intend to repair the ship when a major situation happens.

A goddamn solar flare started a fire in the corridor between the door controls and cockpit just as we hit FTL jump.NinjaBoi to busy posting youtube music links on a forum and Afoni too busy sending abuse to Amazon for not sending Persona4 it looks bleak for Musha already wounded with a raging fire heading her way.

Coldman rushes to aid like the racist hero he is and battles a fire in Door Control and then notices how bad things really are. Door Control is badly damaged meaning none of the blast doors can open which means Musha is locked in cockpit with fire heading her way (no I don't get how fire can travel through locked doors either). Coldman rushes to fix the controls for blast doors while everybody else does nothing.

Can Coldman save Musha, will I remember to move other crew members next time and will we ever get a fight without goddamn solar flares.

They're all hippies outside of the CONSOLE WAR.

Just easy to forget the snobbery held of said console war.

It's going to be a tough adjustment for them then with both MS and Sony muscling in on x86 development because I expect to see more of these kinds of deals from both. Mark Cerny talked about a renaissance in gaming coming from indie devs because the large publishers can't afford to take risks and must stick to AAA franchises. Sony (and MS) will find that original ideas and content will come from the indie sector and they will lock up content deals and exclusivity for a lot of previously PC only devs with the promise of cash and eventual buyouts (job security!).

One of the teachers I work with crashed me a cigarette that he imported from Laos.

I'll be damned if there wasn't a hint of weed in there, I was high as fuck for about 2 hours.

Please save me Coldman!

So our building has had a huge electrical fault meaning we have:

No lifts
No air con
No water (which means no drinking water)
No toilets
No core lighting.

They can't keep us here right?

SteveWD40

Please save me Coldman!

No lifts
No air con
No toilets
No core lighting.

Nope, water is the biggy, they need to do something or they are liable I imagine.

Edit: you mean your office! yeah, you should all go home, fuck all to be done if there is no electricity surely?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's going to be a tough adjustment for them then with both MS and Sony muscling in on x86 development because I expect to see more of these kinds of deals from both. Mark Cerny talked about a renaissance in gaming coming from indie devs because the large publishers can't afford to take risks and must stick to AAA franchises. Sony (and MS) will find that original ideas and content will come from the indie sector and they will lock up content deals and exclusivity for a lot of previously PC only devs with the promise of cash and eventual buyouts (job security!).

Yeah, I think PC gamers are used to thinking "oh, and PC of course" whenever anyone talks about console exclusivity, and it looks like that might happen less and less, for indie titles anyway. Now they're getting confronted with a game they wanted to play not being available on their system they're getting pretty salty.

Only thing worse would be Rockstar categorically stating that there's going to be no PC version of GTA V. I can't understand why the constant talk about a PC version of that game when there's been no announcement is allowed but port begging on console games isn't.

Hystzen

I'm sorry Cpt. Hystzen, my mind has been elsewhere. What do you need from me?

Nah your character is doing its job, its a Zoltan species which has shit HP but adds more power to whatever system it given so stronger shields in this case. If he rushed into that fire it probably would have meant death same with Afoni who is built around fighting boarders.

Nope, water is the biggy, they need to do something or they are liable I imagine.

Edit: you mean your office! yeah, you should all go home, fuck all to be done if there is no electricity surely?

No we have mains electricity, so the phones, pcs, everything else is working fine. Just the life support systems down.

Please save me Coldman!

No lifts
No air con
No toilets
No core lighting.

Last Thursday the water main broke on our block. We had no working water and it was not going to be fixed before the day was over so work had to let us leave early, even though everything else was working just fine.

NinjaBoiX

A lowly cleaner just scolded me for not wearing my safety boots (I always wear my trainers because #yolo). She was deadly serious, I felt like a kid at school. A gaffer, fair enough, but she just pushes a mop around the depot. She's got ideas above her station that one.

I'm not sure what just happened...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
A lowly cleaner just scolded me for not wearing my safety boots (I always wear my trainers because #yolo). She was deadly serious, I felt like a kid at school. A gaffer, fair enough, but she just pushes a mop around the depot. She's got ideas above her station that one.

I'm not sure what just happened...

I knew it! It's one of the reasons i quit my cleaning job. I always felt like the other people in the warehouse looked down at me slightly because i was a cleaner. It was a hefty blow to my ego.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCoL-nJLRpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's fine to be disappointed when you are a big fan of the developer but the dramatic outrage and feelings of betrayal (IT GOES AGAINST THE 'SPIRIT' OF 'INDEPENDENCE') are just ridiculous. Tons of posters embarrassing the fuck out themselves and other PC gamers. Get a grip.

NinjaBoiX

I knew it! It's one of the reasons i quit my cleaning job. I always felt like the other people in the warehouse looked down at me slightly because i was a cleaner. It was a hefty blow to my ego.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCoL-nJLRpg
Nah, I wasn't looking down at her, there is nothing wrong with being a cleaner. I didn't mean to come across snobby.

Just don't try and manage from the bottom that's all!

I didn't even know what to say, I just laughed at first. Then she shot me the evils and repeated the question.

"Where are your safety boots?"

"I dunno, where is your manager's badge?"

Amirite?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
She was probably just doing what all old people do, look out for the younger people and attempt to instill some wisdom so they don't end up making the same mistakes (in the tired and true 'im old & sore so this just sounds like nagging' type of way). Should you really ought to be wearing safety boots? I'm sure they don't make them a standard for no reason. It's either that or she was just being a nosy hag but wouldn't you rather give the benefit of the doubt?

Hystzen

Nah, I wasn't looking down at her, there is nothing wrong with being a cleaner. I didn't mean to come across snobby.

I didn't even know what to say, I just laughed at first. Then she shot me the evils and repeated the question.

Amirite?

Next week Ninja will post he has lost his foot due to it being crushed and should have listened to that cleaners advice

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Amirite?

If an random auditor came on site and caught you with no boots it would look bad one everyone. Possible bonuses could even be fucked.

NinjaBoiX

She was probably just doing what all old people do, look out for the younger people and attempt to instill some wisdom so they don't end up making the same mistakes (in the tired and true 'im old & sore so this just sounds like nagging' type of way). Should you really ought to be wearing safety boots? I'm sure they don't make them a standard for no reason. It's either that or she was just being a nosy hag but wouldn't you rather give the benefit of the doubt?
Nah, she's a nice lady. I talk to her regularly.

Which is why I was so surprised that she was so stern about it! But yeah, she probably had the best intentions.

And yes, I should really have been wearing them to be fair!
Lol, perfect as always Steve!
Next week Ninja will post he has lost his foot due to it being crushed and should have listened to that cleaners advice
:/
If an random auditor came on site and caught you with no boots it would look bad one everyone. Possible bonuses could even be fucked.
I don't work "on-site" as such, I'm all over the northeast. I just leave home, and head to my first job. Then I just go straight home when I finish. I go in to the office every Monday morning to drop off my paperwork, but apart from that and the odd phone call, I'm my own boss effectively.

I'll buy her some flowers next week and come in with my boots to apologise.

Hystzen

Thanks to this I won't get any Saints Row 4 done tonight, as I'll be re-obsessed with FTL, thanks.

(best thing in the thread, btw - more of this please)

Thanks guys

not played FTL since launch really my first test run i did ended up walking away from first fight with 10 % left of my hull due to not noticing I didn't put auto fire with my lasers on. I must have not fired the weapons for 4 mins and thinking well this battle is taking ages must be new update changing it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
5Zwgghb.png

HOLY SHIT can end up not paying for PS4 MP for 2 years + goddamn awesome.

You're still paying for it, just paying less over the course of the subscription. you get 90 days free for every year of plus bought, so it's 15 months for the price of 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom