• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I got your back on that one. I'm telling ya, if I weren't a married man I'd run to Aldershot and get all Peppy Le Pew on yo ass.

Thinking about it, Peppy Le Pew is pretty much a cartoon about uh... non-consensual sex, isn't it? How depressing.

Dear god. I never felt inclined to hunt those pigeons. I doff my cap at thee.

That's cool bro, I'm married too, but I'm sure we can work something out on the dl.

and lmao yes, Pepe Le Pew, the world's most famous rapist. It was a different TIME maaaaan.

I actually really enjoyed getting the pigeons both times and it gives you a much greater appreciation for the city design, all those wonderful nooks and crannies everywhere. Get a guide on a laptop, a podcast on the go and a big bag of herbal substance and you've got yourself a good afternoon.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Literally the only GTA game I've ever given up on. Boring as fuck. Completely lacking charm. Dull.

I liked the driving and the Euphoria physics stuff, but the actual game was a bitter disappointment. I was so hyped for it too :(

I was so hyped for it too. I was a huge GTA fan last gen and couldn't wait for IV. I just kept playing it hoping it would pick up eventually but it never did. I didn't want to admit to myself how disappointed I was.

Found the physics stuff was crap. It got in the way of the game imo.

8bit

Knows the Score
What's BritGAF's general consensus regarding GTA IV?

It looks great, the music is fabulous (driving around to Philip Glass/Terry Riley as the sun was coming up was lovely), but Niko is an unlikable prick and I kind of get that the story they were trying to tell was about the death of a dream but he was such a bellend.

The episodes were quite an improvement though.

Oh yeah, and I was astonished when I stopped outside the comedy club in The Lost and the Damned to find Frankie Boyle was playing there.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That's cool bro, I'm married too, but I'm sure we can work something out on the dl.

Cool, it'll be like being gay in 50s!

and lmao yes, Pepe Le Pew, the world's most famous rapist. It was a different TIME maaaaan.

I read that in Rolf's voice...

I actually really enjoyed getting the pigeons both times and it gives you a much greater appreciation for the city design, all those wonderful nooks and crannies everywhere. Get a guide on a laptop, a podcast on the go and a big bag of herbal substance and you've got yourself a good afternoon.

I like the radio too much to have a podcast on! Still, I gotta finish GTA:SA before even considering knuckling down for that kind of time sink. I only ever got to the airport missions, originally. I know, I know, it is my shame to bear.

Boring. Haven't tried the episodes yet but I've been meaning to. They have been going for £15 pretty much everywhere for a while and wont drop in price.

You'll probably appreciate TBOGT, methinks. It's much more whacky. Yusef is a genius. Dat Arab Money.

Literally the only GTA game I've ever given up on. Boring as fuck. Completely lacking charm. Dull.

I liked the driving and the Euphoria physics stuff, but the actual game was a bitter disappointment. I was so hyped for it too :(

Aww, sorry to hear that. Did you get around to trying the DLC?

It looks great, the music is fabulous (driving around to Philip Glass/Terry Riley as the sun was coming up was lovely), but Niko is an unlikable prick and I kind of get that the story they were trying to tell was about the death of a dream but he was such a bellend.

The episodes were quite an improvement though.

Ah, Journey was my station of choice. I liked how all the stations were centred around music that New York was famous for at one point or another.

Um... I, uh... I really liked Niko. I *ahem* thought he was really.. uh, cool.

SmokyDave

I was so hyped for it too. I was a huge GTA fan last gen and couldn't wait for IV. I just kept playing it hoping it would pick up eventually but it never did. I didn't want to admit to myself how disappointed I was.

Found the physics stuff was crap. It got in the way of the game imo.
Yeah, I bought the LE too. Took a week off work for it. Ended up playing other stuff whilst trying to convince myself that I'd appreciate GTA4 eventually. I bought the 360 version afterwards because it was the 'better' console version and I thought I might get into it if I was playing the superior version. Nope. Sharper textures, same old boredom :(

Aww, sorry to hear that. Did you get around to trying the DLC?
Yeah, after I triple-dipped on the complete PC version (I really wanted to like this game, damnit). Thought TLaTD was just as boring as the base game. TBoGT was better, but still didn't really push my buttons.

It's such a shame. Every other GTA I have waited for anxiously, taken a week off and then found them to be some of the greatest experiences in gaming. Even Chinatown Wars was my favourite DS game. GTA4 though, just totally missed the mark with me.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I bought the LE too. The box is kinda cool but the bag was poorly made. I never used it and yet one of the buttons on the handles managed to break off and got stuck inside its catch instead of separating.

And I too have the game and the episodes on Steam. I just haven't got a machine that can play them.

I also got the LE, but I thought the bag was pretty good, I've used it quite a lot with no issues.

Also got bored with the game though, and agree Vice City was my fave (and the only one I completed).

Fingers crossed V delivers and they pull off an amazing amalgamation of the best bits of all the games.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I liked GTA London.

I wish they'd make a new UK/London-equivalent based 3D GTA. It'd be great to see the series have a different location and there's so many gang related tropes they can play with, but I get the feeling that the series is so tied to America that it would never happen.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Waving goodbye to the UK today! Ended up camping in the wilderness of the Scottish Highlands. Very cool, and by cool I mean I froze my ass off. ;b Had a most excellent time in Edinburgh and ended up staying for the whole rest of the festival, and went up to St. Andrews for a while as well. See you all next year :D

faridmon

Ok I'm all set up on the social club, same username.

Jed when you get on tonight and get it all set up add me to the crew.

NIce. In London?

Waving goodbye to the UK today! Ended up camping in the wilderness of the Scottish Highlands. Very cool, and by cool I mean I froze my ass off. ;b Had a most excellent time in Edinburgh and ended up staying for the whole rest of the festival, and went up to St. Andrews for a while as well. See you all next year :D

Glad you could experience UK for yourself. Its always, great to see Americans learning about the country first hand without any third party telling this and that. Have you been to Norway?

SteveWD40

I wish they'd make a new UK/London-equivalent based 3D GTA. It'd be great to see the series have a different location and there's so many gang related tropes they can play with, but I get the feeling that the series is so tied to America that it would never happen.

I agree with the last part, but isn't it made here now? UK studio started it I know that much.

SKINNER!

Banned

With how flexible Saints Row are, I wouldn't be surprised if any future games will end up being based in London. That would be great! Have the right mix of gritty and dry humour.

I agree with the last part, but isn't it made here now? UK studio started it I know that much.

Yup. DMA Design were in Dundee and then they moved to Edinburgh after changing their name to Rockstar North.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Have a good one, Chief!

You mean like The Getaway? I liked that game.

Glad you enjoyed Scotland, and fingers crossed they let you back in next time!

NIce. In London?

Huh? I mean the Rockstar social club, on the internet.

NinjaBoiX

Good to meet you Evi, glad you enjoyed our rich and verdant lands! If you're back next year, give us plenty of notice and we'll try and organise a meet for when you're around.

Take care fella.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

fuckinggg sweeeeet, gutted I missed you this year

Jordan

So GTA V Trailer watched, I am seriously shocked that they didn't do a last minute announcement of PC version.

Looks like 360 version.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Yeah, I know they're based over here in the UK, but I still don't think that they'll ever revisit London as a setting (and GTA London doesn't really count anyway). Makes you wonder what their long-term plans are for the series though.
Was great to meet you! Had a blast wandering the streets of London late at night. Hope to see you again sometime.

Jordan

can you also read mine if its alright and see if you can employ me based on it? If its not too much work...

I am actually writing my CV at the moment and yeah, its a bit daunting...

You can steal mine if you want to :)

Go for it, just a forewarning I am only 22 and don't do a lot of employing. If you're going to forward it to me, let me know what job you're applying for just so I can get an understanding :)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What if there was such a thing as a good guy identity thief? Like he steals your identity but then donates to several charities under your name. And uses your info to open a low interest rate credit card paying off charges every month to help build your credit. That would be pretty cool.

SmokyDave

does anyone have any good CV templates or tips? need to re-do my shit
Sure, you can use my template:

Name:
House what I live in:
Places what did education at me:
Jobs what I done:
Dick pic:

Just copy and paste that and put some words after the colons (and a dick pic) and you'll be well away. I keep it brief so I can write it on the back of a fag pack.

Jordan

I'm in a very angry mood.
I discovered a band I used to listen to years ago that entered Battle of the Bands and sort of just faded out when they didn't win. I've just found them on Spotify and their music is now all studio produced and it sounds fucking shit to the original stuff! What the fuck!?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm in a very angry mood.
I discovered a band I used to listen to years ago that entered Battle of the Bands and sort of just faded out when they didn't win. I've just found them on Spotify and their music is now all studio produced and it sounds fucking shit to the original stuff! What the fuck!?

You need some anger management skills dude, you seem tightly wound :)

What was the band? I need to hear the shitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom