• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

SteveWD40

M0VnyR5.gif

313m3x4.gif

Mikeside

Phew. I didn't want to go all Psychotext!

Dude, honestly I don't mean to shit up any thread or anything like that. I'm just talkative and excitable and I like talking to folks here. Even at work there are a couple of co workers (not all) that are like SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR GUINEA PIGS. It's cool, I get it, I can't always help who I am. You should pity Emma! She got three months of "by the way Ps4 by the way ps4 by the way ps4" and she doesn't even like gaming! I feel mega conscious about the quantity i post but it probably is a drop in the ocean compared to the amount I talk. Feel free to be irritated accordingly 😄

So I am sorry if you feel like it's a bit rubbish with all of these old game discussions but obvs you're 10000000000% welcome just to ignore them and talk about something else more interesting to you. I just post what's on my mind while I'm at work, I'm interested in game design and it's a good comparator game against lots of other games.

If you want to stick me on ignore (same goes to you Mr Ironside) I honestly don't mind. You could probably just substitute the same three things for each of my posts these days anyway (angst, pets, dark souls). Could save you the trouble 😄

Come on sploat, you know I don't hold it against you. Shitting on Dark Souls talk is just a part of my britgaf experience. It isn't meant as an actual "ffs stop" or I would say so (and I'd totally be in the wrong)

Love you, sploats.

This is rich coming from you two since one of you basically only chimes in for clique chat and the other barely posts anyway. And then when you both do decide to chip in you waste it moaning about something someone else has posted. C'mon son. Don't be a jimbor.

M0VnyR5.gif

RE: Skyrim
Exactly.

Seriously?
Your posts are largely old man yells at cloud anyway so I'm not sure who you are to judge my posting habits.

Clique chat is such a bullshit thing to say. This is a community and chatting with friends in it is Clique chat?

If people feel that way I won't fucking post in here, because that's basically why I'm here.

I have no fucking idea why you are, if it's all so annoying and you're obviously above such idle chatter.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Come on sploat, you know I don't hold it against you. Shitting on Dark Souls talk is just a part of my britgaf experience. It isn't meant as an actual "ffs stop" or I would say so (and I'd totally be in the wrong)

Ah fab. Thread belongs to everyone, you know? I'd have a full blown NEUROTIC IMPLOSION if there were people thinking "man that sploatee all the bloody time no way I'm posting here now grumble grumble". Just ignore me, innit! I'll keep blathering on regardless of who listens.

Lots of love back and warmthness.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Seriously?
Your posts are largely old man yells at cloud anyway so I'm not sure who you are to judge my posting habits.

Clique chat is such a bullshit thing to say. This is a community and chatting with friends in it is Clique chat?

If people feel that way I won't fucking post in here, because that's basically why I'm here.

I have no fucking idea why you are, if it's all so annoying and you're obviously above such idle chatter.
Lately I've been browsing mostly for sploatee's impressions and I'll deliver a boot to the head if you guys cause her to take a break again. But I enjoy a lot of posts in here, especially the dramatic ones. It's like my own little Internet soap opera in here except with sadly less sex but smarter people and better insults. I'm not above any of it, sometimes I have little to contribute as I don't live in your area of the world anymore. But I enjoy it all the same.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Lately I've been browsing mostly for sploatee's impressions and I'll deliver a boot to the head if you guys cause her to take a break again. But I enjoy a lot of posts in here, especially the dramatic ones. It's like my own little Internet soap opera in here except with sadly less sex but smarter people and better insults. I'm not above any of it, sometimes I have little to contribute as I don't live in your area of the world anymore. But I enjoy it all the same.

Shucks ta!

But Ironside & Associates, Inc didn't cause me to take a break. It's my decision ultimately if I just need some time out and usually it's my own fault tbh. When you spend too long on GAF you get GAFbrained (actual medical condition).

I'm just glad zomg was the drama nucleus today. Makes a nice change! I wonder if other community threads are as combustible as this one.

Also helped my slow day at work go pretty quick.

Son Of D

Birdman was a weird film. I enjoyed it, but still weird. I liked the whole play aspect they were going with though in terms of how it was filmed. Eager to see the making of (providing the DVD/Blu-Ray has one).

The_Poet

Banned
Whelp. I'm completely charmed by the WiiU.

Mario Kart 8 is great, played a tiny bit of Bayo 1, its great. Watched a Nintendo Direct, its great.

I've been playing a lot of competitive PC games (Dota, CS:GO, Hearthstone) and its nice to be playing games for fun again, instead of for winning.

Birdman was a weird film. I enjoyed it, but still weird. I liked the whole play aspect they were going with though in terms of how it was filmed. Eager to see the making of (providing the DVD/Blu-Ray has one).

looks like I'm going to miss the last of cinema showings near me, will have to wait for DVD release :(. Glad you enjoyed it though, I've been looking forward to it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
This is what you've done

3267F621-F4B3-454A-9ABC-07BC88A7D48F_zpsxhdvlqlj.jpg

You are now 65% less attractive.

I forgot you were a fan of the bushy chin brigade!

Quiet in here. Shall we rustle up some drama?

DARK SOULS IS AMAZING

CYANIDE STRIKE IS ACTUALLY QUITE SCARY

WHERE IS JED I MISS HIM

LONDON IS CRAP

NINJ IS ANTI SEMITE AND OBJECTIFIER

CHEEZ TAKES SO MANY LEGAL HIGHS HE'S NOT SLEPT SINCE 1992

I'M VOTING UKIP

I LIKE DIEUDONNE

CLIQUE CLIQUE CLIQUE

CHINNER IS A TROLL

Pick one and go go go go!

Quiet in here. Shall we rustle up some drama?

DARK SOULS IS AMAZING

CYANIDE STRIKE IS ACTUALLY QUITE SCARY

WHERE IS JED I MISS HIM

LONDON IS CRAP

NINJ IS ANTI SEMITE AND OBJECTIFIER

CHEEZ TAKES SO MANY LEGAL HIGHS HE'S NOT SLEPT SINCE 1992

I'M VOTING UKIP

I LIKE DIEUDONNE

CLIQUE CLIQUE CLIQUE

CHINNER IS A TROLL

Pick one and go go go go!

phew! got off without incident.
good thing my teacher-grooming school days have so far been undiscove-

ah crap.

Whelp. I'm completely charmed by the WiiU.

Mario Kart 8 is great, played a tiny bit of Bayo 1, its great. Watched a Nintendo Direct, its great.

I've been playing a lot of competitive PC games (Dota, CS:GO, Hearthstone) and its nice to be playing games for fun again, instead of for winning.

looks like I'm going to miss the last of cinema showings near me, will have to wait for DVD release :(. Glad you enjoyed it though, I've been looking forward to it.

The Wii U is like a gaming pressure cooker. I can actually enjoy playing games instead of getting in a stew about playing online.

And Axelay comes to the Virtual Console today! AXELAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: My problem with the console is the price of the games. Anything over £10 seems way too expensive these days. Thanks Steam, GMG sales and Humble Bundle: you have ruined gaming for me.

More edits:

Shucks ta!

But Ironside & Associates, Inc didn't cause me to take a break. It's my decision ultimately if I just need some time out and usually it's my own fault tbh. When you spend too long on GAF you get GAFbrained (actual medical condition).

I'm just glad zomg was the drama nucleus today. Makes a nice change! I wonder if other community threads are as combustible as this one.

Also helped my slow day at work go pretty quick.

I have disciplined myself to not visit Gaf all that much now. I check in on techie threads and little else. I am trying to make changes to help myself and sitting at a computer when you are pissed off does not help. The house is pretty clean these days...

Oooh quite the drama you people had last night XD

Oh my god, it always comes back to fucking Dark Souls in here.

Indeed. People need to learn what LTTP threads are for. It feels like every time I come in here it's about fucking Dark Souls, a game that came out ages ago that everyone played ages ago and is a poor man's version of Demon's Souls. Wtf is this shit.

Are you joking?

I thought it was more a discussion about game design.

And I know what LTTP threads are for. Nothing is stopping you from posting whatever is on your mind, you know. Just because some persons are posting about Dark Souls doesn't mean you can't post about how good London is or something.

No, it shits up the thread on a daily basis and LTTP threads exist for exactly this reason, to discuss old games/shows/movies that people may have missed when they came out.

You don't like it, post something interesting then. Moaning about thread shitting but not posting anything to stop the supposed shittiness is shittier than the so called thread shitting.

I might be wrong , but if I'm extrapolating you're basically saying that you don't like my posts as they recently have been about older games I'm catching up on and you believe I'm ruining the thread because of it? Pls confirm

Can I clarify what is the time frame for LTTPs....? Like, is Wolfenstein too old to talk about now? What about Tales from the Borderlands, that's been out long enough to get discounted? Birdman came out in the US last year but has only been here for a few weeks, is that acceptable to talk about now or shall we LTTP it? Can we come to you if we're not sure, you seem to know the ins and outs? Is there like an updated list of topics we can and can't talk about? Could you link me?

As always, I'm more of a lurker in this thread.

And no, no need to take anything personally.

Or you could use a few brain cells and common sense. Hmm on second thought maybe not.

Phew. I didn't want to go all Psychotext!

Dude, honestly I don't mean to shit up any thread or anything like that. I'm just talkative and excitable and I like talking to folks here. Even at work there are a couple of co workers (not all) that are like SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR GUINEA PIGS. It's cool, I get it, I can't always help who I am. You should pity Emma! She got three months of "by the way Ps4 by the way ps4 by the way ps4" and she doesn't even like gaming! I feel mega conscious about the quantity i post but it probably is a drop in the ocean compared to the amount I talk. Feel free to be irritated accordingly 😄

So I am sorry if you feel like it's a bit rubbish with all of these old game discussions but obvs you're 10000000000% welcome just to ignore them and talk about something else more interesting to you. I just post what's on my mind while I'm at work, I'm interested in game design and it's a good comparator game against lots of other games.

If you want to stick me on ignore (same goes to you Mr Ironside) I honestly don't mind. You could probably just substitute the same three things for each of my posts these days anyway (angst, pets, dark souls). Could save you the trouble 😄

This is rich coming from you two since one of you basically only chimes in for clique chat and the other barely posts anyway. And then when you both do decide to chip in you waste it moaning about something someone else has posted. C'mon son. Don't be a jimbor.

M0VnyR5.gif

RE: Skyrim
Exactly.

LOL at the sickburn from objectively the worst poster on neogaf.

Love you, sploats.

Seriously?

iXn9mgKdtoPNQ.gif

Volotaire

Indeed. People need to learn what LTTP threads are for. It feels like every time I come in here it's about fucking Dark Souls, a game that came out ages ago that everyone played ages ago and is a poor man's version of Demon's Souls. Wtf is this shit.

Why are we going in a roundabout? Hahahah
No more bad jokes now

The_Poet

Banned
The Wii U is like a gaming pressure cooker. I can actually enjoy playing games instead of getting in a stew about playing online.

Edit: My problem with the console is the price of the games. Anything over £10 seems way too expensive these days. Thanks Steam, GMG sales and Humble Bundle: you have ruined gaming for me.

Yeh, and its other things too. When I buy Smash It'll be an extra £50 quid just for 2 controllers. I want the metroid prime trilogy but thats £40 for a wiimote+ and nunchuck.

Adds up.

Yeh, and its other things too. When I buy Smash It'll be an extra £50 quid just for 2 controllers. I want the metroid prime trilogy but thats £40 for a wiimote+ and nunchuck.

Adds up.

I want to buy Mario Galaxy 2 as this is being released on the Virtual Console but I need Wii peripherals. I might just buy it and think about getting them at some point.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

More edits:

I have disciplined myself to not visit Gaf all that much now. I check in on techie threads and little else. I am trying to make changes to help myself and sitting at a computer when you are pissed off does not help. The house is pretty clean these days...

Axelay is pretty good. I remember it being pretty brutal.

Hahaha! Trying to discipline myself too. I think this is my second post of the day. Which is damn good for me and has already resulted in me doing 100% more work and joining a nascent knitting group. If there is a flurry of posts now it's because I'm on my lunch break. So it's allowed.

Oooh quite the drama you people had last night XD

iXn9mgKdtoPNQ.gif

Dude that's small fry compared to the double freak out just before Christmas. I was totally in the middle of it but looking back it was just insane.

It's like a fucking wind tunnel to my office. You feel like you're in the Crystal Maze.

Ditto. Tall buildings plus wind = good luck.

SmokyDave

I'm not saying the chick in that gif is fine, because that'd be poor form. Not even going to mention it. I'm just going to admire her and move on. I will not post my inner monologue as that would only serve to highlight my superficial attraction to an internet lady.

Edit: Fuck. Better luck next time Dave.

SmokyDave

The gif is crap though, the banner and naked cherubs should show up after she said it and expanded her arms.
The banner and cherubs should just fuck the fuck off.

I saw your recommendation for Fire Emblem t'other day by the way. I reckon I'll give it a go once I've finished Luigi's Mansion 2. I'll probably pick up A Link Between Worlds too.

I played Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (demo) last night. I just don't get it. I can't see the appeal at all. It was the worst looking, worst controlling, worst playing game I've experienced since...... oh yeah, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. At least I had the sense to play the demo this time, rather than slapping down £40 and crying myself to sleep.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I saw your recommendation for Fire Emblem t'other day by the way. I reckon I'll give it a go once I've finished Luigi's Mansion 2. I'll probably pick up A Link Between Worlds too.

I played Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (demo) last night. I just don't get it. I can't see the appeal at all. It was the worst looking, worst controlling, worst playing game I've experienced since...... oh yeah, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. At least I had the sense to play the demo this time, rather than slapping down £40 and crying myself to sleep.

I have spent money on the PSN to buy

Final Fantasy X and X 2
Danganronpa
Persona 4 Golden
Freedom Wars

I am such a fool. Instead of listening to the "it's not for youuuuu" voice I listen to te "maybe this time...." voice, try to like them and then remember than I'm an an anime-cist.

Axelay is pretty good. I remember it being pretty brutal.

This game reminds me why being older and living in these times can be a right downer.

My 13-year-old mind was blown away when I saw Axelay in GamesMaster magazine. I'd look forward to the magazine arriving and seeing all these new games; seeing the graphics of that ED-209 boss at the end of level 2 was jaw dropping.

The vast choice of gaming sites on the internet has made me less interested in reading about games than when information was in short and infrequent supply.

Reknoc

I don't think I recommended Fire Emblem. I generally don't, even though I'm sure it's a good game, since I'm awful at it and would jealous of anyone who can find enjoyment from it :(

Loving the MonHun 4 demo though. The month wait for the full version is killing me. Though, it is reminding me why I stopped playing 3 Ultimate after switching to the XL where I didn't have the stick add-on.

SmokyDave

I have spent money on the PSN to buy

Final Fantasy X and X 2
Danganronpa
Persona 4 Golden
Freedom Wars

I am such a fool. Instead of listening to the "it's not for youuuuu" voice I listen to te "maybe this time...." voice, try to like them and then remember than I'm an an anime-cist.
Honestly, play Persona 4 first. Don't get hung up on S-Links or Persona fusing or any of that secondary bullshit, just play it at your own pace and indulge the bits you want to indulge. I'm a hardened JRPG cynic (and have been for decades) but it cut through my cynicism and I really enjoyed it. I'm thinking of doing FFX next, but I've started that one twice (once PS2, once on Vita) and both times it just reminded me why I hate JRPGs.

Oh, with Persona you will need to slightly overlook some waifu crap. The game obviously wants you to date one of the chicks, but it isn't really any different to just hanging out with any other character (apart from the awkward dialogue, anyway).

I don't think I recommended Fire Emblem. I generally don't, even though I'm sure it's a good game, since I'm awful at it and would jealous of anyone who can find enjoyment from it :(

Loving the MonHun 4 demo though. The month wait for the full version is killing me. Though, it is reminding me why I stopped playing 3 Ultimate after switching to the XL where I didn't have the stick add-on.
Sorry, it was Mikeside! In my defence, I was probably drunk.

I have an XL with no CPP. Made things, well, frustrating.

Top Bottom