• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

may have bought that MM3D N3DS bundle with the Skull Kid statue

money has ruined me

(I did this yesterday but I feel like I haven't posted in here in a while. Hi! Here's my latest dumb thing you can mock me for)

Volotaire

I'm thinking of doing the same. I'm buying a N3DS anyway since I've never owned a 3DS/missed out on most DS. It's so tempting... But I won't be playing MM straight away. It ill just be for having the special edition around and the figure.

I'm thinking of doing the same. I'm buying a N3DS anyway since I've never owned a 3DS/missed out on most DS. It's so tempting... But I won't be playing MM straight away. It ill just be for having the special edition around and the figure.

Might wanna act fast, I bet they'll sell out soon if they haven't already.

RiggyRob

I'll be starting with other humans. Apparently human flesh cooking smells just like pig meat being cooked.

I harvested one to see the animation and then have saved the rest so far. Without spoilering, how different is the final third if you're objectivist? For a game built on choice I hope it's pretty different.

Since you've been saving most of them, you should've got
presents from them including more ADAM and plasmids from the Little Sisters.

The stupid thing is that you actually get the same amount of ADAM overall by saving them as by harvesting them, when by all accounts you should be 'rewarded' for harvesting them more than letting your conscience get in the way.

It does affect how the Little Sisters see you when you're with Tenebaum after she takes off Fontaine's 'Would you kindly' control.

It does affect what ending you get - I harvested the Little Sisters the first time I played it and got one ending, then saved them in another playthrough and got the other.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit confused. Do you mean 'would you kindly' or in the sense that the choices you make don't really affect what happens?

my reading of it (so far) is that the only choice you have is whether to be altruistic or not regarding the Little Sisters - so it's effectively "are you like Ryan / Fontaine / most of the Rapture-ians" or are you not.

It totally made me think about "linearity" in games though. I was thinking last night that Bioshock is one of those games that functions as meta commentary on gaming I.e really about player choice (inc absence of) and how you are effectively being guided through a narrative by Mr Levine, Last of Us being about heroism and what constitutes heroism in a video game and (bit of a stretch) Dark Souls being an exploration of what a 'fail state' actually is.

Umm. Total pseud here no doubt but Fez seems to me to be totally meta about perspective and nostalgia - ie wasn't the world small when we all played 2d games back in 1992 and we were kids.

I don't want to spoil anything! Come back when you've finished and I'll give you my take.

Reknoc

Playing the iOS release of Dragon Quest, even with how old it is it's really interesting. The game just dumps you into the world with you talking to the king who's all "yo the dragonking took my daughter, go kill him or sutin" then you leave the castle with nothing but your wits and like 10g (because apparently the princess's life is worth little, stingy-ass king) and you can immediately see the dragonkings castle across the ocean. From there you're free to go where you want, trying to make it to different villages or places of interest to find clues on how to get to the castle your saw at the start of the game. Your only guidance is going to an area and realising you shouldn't be there when an enemy steamrolls you and defiles your corpse. Then you respawn back at the castle and you try another direction.

Since there's a bank I assume it still takes your coins, like 10% or whatever. I have so little money that it's not even noticeable ._.

NinjaBoiX

Hit The Wave (live)

Move, Shake, Hide (live)

Why Do You Hate Me? (live)

Noow7Xl.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

money has ruined me

(I did this yesterday but I feel like I haven't posted in here in a while. Hi! Here's my latest dumb thing you can mock me for)
I wanted to get this too but I failed to secure a pre-order before they sold out. I guess I'll just save and get a regular N3DS and Majora's Mask for my birthday in March.

Qasiel

money has ruined me

I got impatient for the UK pre-order and got mine from Amazon France. No figurine, but it's ended up being around £20/£30 cheaper, which isn't too bad at all (and I'll use my charger from my 3DS XL).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I prefer the smaller size so I knew, with the face plates, if a Zelda edition was coming it would be an XL, which is why I was happy to get the Ambassador edition meaning I already have the New 3DS.

Face plates seem to be more here than they are in Japan, so if I'm already importing something I may consider chucking a face plate in at the same time. So far have my eye on the simple blue and white gingham design but I'll have a wait and see approach. Already have the Nintendo logo and Smash Bros ones.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Since you've been saving most of them, you should've got
presents from them including more ADAM and plasmids from the Little Sisters.

The stupid thing is that you actually get the same amount of ADAM overall by saving them as by harvesting them, when by all accounts you should be 'rewarded' for harvesting them more than letting your conscience get in the way.

It does affect how the Little Sisters see you when you're with Tenebaum after she takes off Fontaine's 'Would you kindly' control.

It does affect what ending you get - I harvested the Little Sisters the first time I played it and got one ending, then saved them in another playthrough and got the other.

Thanks.

I don't want to spoil anything! Come back when you've finished and I'll give you my take.

Ok!

Playing the iOS release of Dragon Quest, even with how old it is it's really interesting. The game just dumps you into the world with you talking to the king who's all "yo the dragonking took my daughter, go kill him or sutin" then you leave the castle with nothing but your wits and like 10g (because apparently the princess's life is worth little, stingy-ass king) and you can immediately see the dragonkings castle across the ocean. From there you're free to go where you want, trying to make it to different villages or places of interest to find clues on how to get to the castle your saw at the start of the game. Your only guidance is going to an area and realising you shouldn't be there when an enemy steamrolls you and defiles your corpse. Then you respawn back at the castle and you try another direction.

Since there's a bank I assume it still takes your coins, like 10% or whatever. I have so little money that it's not even noticeable ._.

I love when games foreshadow things like that. It's so good (I'm referring to the castle point you made). "See that big bad over there? It's gonna get you. Later. "

I think Super Metroid does that? Can't remember. I'm sure a Metroid does that. Or maybe all Metroids. 😕

Actually, loads of games probably do that. It's doing it well which is important. I can think of one game that does it incredibly well.

Reknoc

Thanks.

Ok!

I love when games foreshadow things like that. It's so good (I'm referring to the castle point you made). "See that big bad over there? It's gonna get you. Later. "

I think Super Metroid does that? Can't remember. I'm sure a Metroid does that. Or maybe all Metroids. 😕

Actually, loads of games probably do that. It's doing it well which is important. I can think of one game that does it incredibly well.

Yea it's like it's so close yet so far man 2deep4me

As for Metroid nothing really jumps out at me about it. Super had the Ridley fight I guess and well Prime is nearly just that if you read all the logs lol

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yea it's like it's so close yet so far man 2deep4me

As for Metroid nothing really jumps out at me about it. Super had the Ridley fight I guess and well Prime is nearly just that if you read all the logs lol

My memory. It fails!

So gutted the trilogy doesn't have gamepad support. So so so gutted.

Son Of D

Well if we're talking games. I'm eager to try the Prime games for the first time when they get released on Wii U. Paying £8.99 is a lot better than paying the absurd prices for a disc copy. Also Castlevania SotN is so good, actually surprised it took so long for me to play it.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

I think Super Metroid does that? Can't remember. I'm sure a Metroid does that. Or maybe all Metroids. ��

FF7 does this quite nicely when you have Sephiroth as a ridiculously overpowered teammate early on. The more I think about it, the more I realise how well designed that game was. Nobody learned the lessons from it :(

More people should play MP because that series is fabulous. But play it with the wiimote and nunchuck damnit. They work so well.

I wanted to get this too but I failed to secure a pre-order before they sold out. I guess I'll just save and get a regular N3DS and Majora's Mask for my birthday in March.

The best MM3D-related trinket you can get will be the faceplates, anyway.

B7WPbORCUAAMxUi.png

So nice. (Though probably not as nice on a white N3DS, which is what I've ordered.)

Volotaire

I don't think those faceplates suit the DS at all, as well as the N3DS XL Zelda MM edition being a horrible colour. Call me plain, but I like simplicity in design and simple colours such as black and white. It's why I love the white N3DS with the SNES coloured face buttons.

Whatsapp is for losers

I don't think those faceplates suit the DS at all, as well as the N3DS XL Zelda MM edition being a horrible colour. Call me plain, but I like simplicity in design and simple colours such as black and white. It's why I love the white N3DS with the SNES coloured face buttons.

I like the idea of faceplates but these leave too much of the console exposed, so very few of them will look nice to me as a result. The black and white striped one works, and anything with black or white as a base colour probably looks okay on the respective 3DS, but anything else ends up looking like one of those cheap decal stickers that idiots buy to stick on controllers which never quite cover it all.

Compare the faceplates to "proper" special editions and the difference in quality is crazy.

Volotaire

I like the idea of faceplates but these leave too much of the console exposed, so very few of them will look nice to me as a result. The black and white striped one works, and anything with black or white as a base colour probably looks okay on the respective 3DS, but anything else ends up looking like one of those cheap decal stickers that idiots buy to stick on controllers which never quite cover it all.

Compare the faceplates to "proper" special editions and the difference in quality is crazy.

I agree with the simpler faceplates. They'll serve as protection for the console as well as looking relatively attractive.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well if we're talking games. I'm eager to try the Prime games for the first time when they get released on Wii U. Paying £8.99 is a lot better than paying the absurd prices for a disc copy. Also Castlevania SotN is so good, actually surprised it took so long for me to play it.

I've only played the first but it was incredible. Amazing sense of place, amazing bosses, amazingly faithful to how previous Metroids felt to play.

FF7 does this quite nicely when you have Sephiroth as a ridiculously overpowered teammate early on. The more I think about it, the more I realise how well designed that game was. Nobody learned the lessons from it :(

More people should play MP because that series is fabulous. But play it with the wiimote and nunchuck damnit. They work so well.

But it's to play when I'm lying in bed/ someone else has the TV!

metroid forshadows the abilities you'll acquire/reacquire later in the game. became a bit of a trope too.
can't wait to get home and talk to bore you all with bioshock chat.

Or we could talk about DARK SOULS

DARK SOULS

Volotaire

It's a no brainer. Prime 1 is a near perfect game, with a jaw dropping atmosphere and transition of the 2D elements of Metroid into 3D. I wanted to play Prime 1 and 2 on Trilogy but was also put off by the price 2 years back. I ended up purchasing the GC copies of them.

So my laptop is apparently refusing to eject disks.

I have the shittest album by Hot Chip in there and it won't come out.

I explain the problem to my brother, he tinkers around a little while I go to the loo. When I come back he's looking really guilty. Apparently he tried putting another disk in there to see if it would force the first out. The second disk he put in was the installation start up guide for some powerline adapters I have, and coincidentally I'm having problems with mine at the moment. How many disks can you feed a laptop before something bad happens?

vyDx7tR.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There's a version of that on Nintendo UK's 3DS microsite too. That Skull Kid design on white is OK, though I can see myself just using the Pikachu style.
Pretty cool. Since it's not flash it's easy to get the two plateless images of the New 3DS if one wants to mock up their own design:

As for putting CDs into laptops, I assume it's a slot rather than drawer. If the eject mechanism working at all? Like you hear it attempting to try and eject the disc but the disc just doesn't budge? In that case you could try putting a thin blade that can slightly hold the slot open a bit while you press eject and that little extra room may help it come out.

Of course with two CDs in there, this option may not work.

8bit

Knows the Score
B7fhzrKIMAEpwtH.jpg

So my laptop is apparently refusing to eject disks.

I have the shittest album by Hot Chip in there and it won't come out.

I explain the problem to my brother, he tinkers around a little while I go to the loo. When I come back he's looking really guilty. Apparently he tried putting another disk in there to see if it would force the first out. The second disk he put in was the installation start up guide for some powerline adapters I have, and coincidentally I'm having problems with mine at the moment. How many disks can you feed a laptop before something bad happens?

vyDx7tR.jpg

That's some awesome logic right there.

Son Of D

Oh what a night last night. Downed more drinks than I should have and somehow got home (still trying to remember how). Was good fun.

I'm also surprised I didn't post anything here. Ah well.

Qasiel

It's a grammatically correct sentence. I'm saddened to hear that something as little as comma placement can infuriate a person, though. Here, have a random apostrophe '. I hope that's calmed you down.

Top Bottom