• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

image.php

btw that's Kate Welch, shegeekshow. She's cool

Got ten seconds in, would have to disagree.

I find her very visually upsetting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Could be worse, I saw some guy on TV who had holes in his cheeks.

I can't much more since I changed the channel quite promptly.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Could be worse, I saw some guy on TV who had holes in his cheeks.

I can't much more since I changed the channel quite promptly.
Yeah I saw this too. Most forms of extreme body modification I will never understand, especially since they always, always, always look like dogshit once you reach a certain age. I will give them this: it's a creative way to never get hired.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah I saw this too. Most forms of extreme body modification I will never understand, especially since they always, always, always look like dogshit once you reach a certain age. I will give them this: it's a creative way to never get hired.

Ahhh life's too short. If someone wants vampire teeth or to look like a lizard I say go for it. It might not look that great to me but who cares. There's probably a whole club of lizard people (illuminati) that dig it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's true. Live and let live! Plus I'd be a hypocrite if I said I hated all modifications. I certainly have no objections to tongue piercings...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Helps you give better head?
Yeah it might. Too bad you'll never find out, that ship has sailed mate.

I just looked up our post history, we were pretty chummy at the start of things, who knows what could have been. I think our relationship hit the rocks when we started talking about Radiohead album rankings.

Kid A claims another set of lives.

jimbor

Banned
Yeah it might. Too bad you'll never find out, that ship has sailed mate.

I just looked up our post history, we were pretty chummy at the start of things, who knows what could have been. I think our relationship hit the rocks when we started talking about Radiohead album rankings.

Kid A claims another set of lives.

We're not chummy now? This is all shits and giggles. You're second only to Ninj in my heart.

Danj

it's free for a year. you just download it via your google megashop or apple wondermart and then it's on your phoneamabob and it uses word-shapes to send insults to other human shaped meat that you already know, via the wonderness of inter-air-telecommuni-typing. don't forget though that it'll use your ACTUAL TELEPHONE NUMERAL so suddenly everyone will be like OI OI SLAPPER, LOOK WHO'S RIDDEN IN TO THAT THERE WHATSAPP TOWN ON HIS SHINY NEW PHONEHORSE and you'll have to explain as to why you're doing it and it's all because of a website's fault and maybe you'll find your mum on it and her account photo will be really graphic and in rather poor taste. oh dear.

OK but once I get on it how do I join in with other BritGAFfers?

EDIT: I have installed the WhatsApp app (or should that just be the Whats app?) on my phone, but I don't see a way of searching for groups?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just so we all know where we stand before I finish work for the day

It is called the Houses of Parliament.

PARANOID CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Helps you give better head?

HOMOPHOBE

Geeky black specs are mint daps, fuck you:

JEhBut5.jpg

(That image is just asking for a
spoon
to be shopped in)

OBJECTIFIER

Got ten seconds in, would have to disagree.

I find her very visually upsetting.

OBJECTIFIER

😄

Mikeside

OK but once I get on it how do I join in with other BritGAFfers?

EDIT: I have installed the WhatsApp app (or should that just be the Whats app?) on my phone, but I don't see a way of searching for groups?

Groups are private.
PM me your digits and I'll add you to the collective

Danj

By the way, none of you folks are going to BETT in London next week are you? My work is sending me there on Thursday 22nd so I'll be around there if anyone else is.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sploatee did you know they eat guinea pigs in some Latin American countries? My ex and one of my friends have actually consumed a few of the piglets before while travelling there. They said they were pretty good. I'm conflicted because they are cute but I can also see how they could be delicious on a spit with some roasted veggies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, none of you folks are going to BETT in London next week are you? My work is sending me there on Thursday 22nd so I'll be around there if anyone else is.

I may be, but not till the Saturday if I do. My company is running an Education Question Time thing and I interviewed all the panelists.

Browny

Banned
Talking of redheads (hours ago), I'm watching Soundstage Presents Garbage from 2012.

For a 46 year old lady, Shirley Manson is looking amazing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sploatee did you know they eat guinea pigs in some Latin American countries? My ex and one of my friends have actually consumed a few of the piglets before while travelling there. They said they were pretty good. I'm conflicted because they are cute but I can also see how they could be delicious on a spit with some roasted veggies.

Yeah I knew that. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to go veggie this year once and for all. There's no logic behind what meat we eat and don't. It's just not for me really.

-

I think I'm in the final act of Bioshock now. I approve of this game, although I'm now basically the Bio Terminator with more money than I know what to do with. Maybe
Frank Fontaine
will throw a few new enemies my way.

RiggyRob

Yeah I knew that. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to go veggie this year once and for all. There's no logic behind what meat we eat and don't. It's just not for me really.

-

I think I'm in the final act of Bioshock now. I approve of this game, although I'm now basically the Bio Terminator with more money than I know what to do with. Maybe
Frank Fontaine

The only solution is to eat everything. We are top of the food chain after all.

Have you been saving the Little Sisters or harvesting them for their sweet, sweet ADAM?

8bit

Knows the Score

-

Frank Fontaine

Would you kindly stop eating meat?

Scuderia

Evening UKGAF, looking for a bit of advice.

I was sold a phone last year by Vodafone under the pretense that i would get a 20% workplace discount every month. Then i noticed the discount was never applied, and apparently it's due to the deal i bought not being eligible for this discount, but i was never told this in store (i was actively told the opposite, they didn't even know about any conflicts with the deal i was signing up for). The in store staff acknowledge that they sold me the product with the agreement of a 20% discount, but they bloody thing still isn't sorted.

Is there something that protects me here, some sort of law? I want a bit of ammo before i go back in tomorrow for the 4th time...

SteveWD40

Evening UKGAF, looking for a bit of advice.

I was sold a phone last year by Vodafone under the pretense that i would get a 20% workplace discount every month. Then i noticed the discount was never applied, and apparently it's due to the deal i bought not being eligible for this discount, but i was never told this in store (i was actively told the opposite, they didn't even know about any conflicts with the deal i was signing up for). The in store staff acknowledge that they sold me the product with the agreement of a 20% discount, but they bloody thing still isn't sorted.

Is there something that protects me here, some sort of law? I want a bit of ammo before i go back in tomorrow for the 4th time...

Sale of goods act is a good one to quote, they admit it in store so should honour it, can you get something in writing / email? They have mislead you to obtain money at this point, which is illegal.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The only solution is to eat everything. We are top of the food chain after all.

Have you been saving the Little Sisters or harvesting them for their sweet, sweet ADAM?

I'll be starting with other humans. Apparently human flesh cooking smells just like pig meat being cooked.

I harvested one to see the animation and then have saved the rest so far. Without spoilering, how different is the final third if you're objectivist? For a game built on choice I hope it's pretty different.

Would you kindly stop eating meat?

Ok!

That was easy. I'll probably eat meat again, I'm just trying to phase it out. It's tasty but after watching slaughter videos and what not it's just reaffirmed my view that eating other living things is not something I need to do.

Morning everyone. It's Friday, isn't it. My get up and go went. Hoping today will be painless. How's everyone?

Ok!

That was easy. I'll probably eat meat again, I'm just trying to phase it out. It's tasty but after watching slaughter videos and what not it's just reaffirmed my view that eating other living things is not something I need to do.

Morning everyone. It's Friday, isn't it. My get up and go went. Hoping today will be painless. How's everyone?

You should read this

Opened my eyes. Some of the shit in there is unbelievable like how they mass produce chickens.

Because they change the DNA of chickens to grow larger when they're in the cages or whatever even though they have no room to move around their legs snap due to the sheer size of themselves. The farmers or whoever cut the beaks off and sever the chickens wings so they cant flap anymore either. I'm sure he goes on about chicken flavoured power is made up of the beaks and legs

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
...or is it?!

Is there more big plot to come?

I'll backpedal a bit and say the theme of choice rather than choice itself. I wrote a big sophomoric jumble last night about the concept of self-determination in the game but it's for personal use!

You should read this

Opened my eyes. Some of the shit in there is unbelievable like how they mass produce chickens.

Because they change the DNA of chickens to grow larger when they're in the cages or whatever even though they have no room to move around their legs snap due to the sheer size of themselves. The farmers or whoever cut the beaks off and sever the chickens wings so they cant flap anymore either. I'm sure he goes on about chicken flavoured power is made up of the beaks and legs

Yep. Industrial 'production' of meat is horrific.

I did some research into kosher and halal slaughter as well and was left nonplussed. Seems pretty horrific with a bit of Avatar-style "thanks God for making everything killable by us" afterwards.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Is there more big plot to come?

I'll backpedal a bit and say the theme of choice rather than choice itself. I wrote a big sophomoric jumble last night about the concept of self-determination in the game but it's for personal use!

No more big plot, I don't think. I always thought (possibly controversially) Bioshock was about the lack of or illusion of choice.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
No more big plot, I don't think. I always thought (possibly controversially) Bioshock was about the lack of or illusion of choice.

It has been a while, but is that not the consensus? That was what 'would you kindly' revolved around?

As an aside, The Last of Us: Left Behind is absolutely tremendous. I was lukewarm on the main game but this takes every complaint and amends it. The combat encounters are far more interesting, utilising both humans and infected. All of the combat is performed alone, preventing frustrating AI/animation flaws. Plus the interaction between the two leads is excellent. The 'joke book' part (being deliberately vague ) was one of the best bits of voice acting and writing that I've seen in a game and made for a very moving moment. It made me very excited for the potential of more non-violent big game experiences.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I'm a bit confused. Do you mean 'would you kindly' or in the sense that the choices you make don't really affect what happens?

my reading of it (so far) is that the only choice you have is whether to be altruistic or not regarding the Little Sisters - so it's effectively "are you like Ryan / Fontaine / most of the Rapture-ians" or are you not.

It totally made me think about "linearity" in games though. I was thinking last night that Bioshock is one of those games that functions as meta commentary on gaming I.e really about player choice (inc absence of) and how you are effectively being guided through a narrative by Mr Levine, Last of Us being about heroism and what constitutes heroism in a video game and (bit of a stretch) Dark Souls being an exploration of what a 'fail state' actually is.

Umm. Total pseud here no doubt but Fez seems to me to be totally meta about perspective and nostalgia - ie wasn't the world small when we all played 2d games back in 1992 and we were kids.

Top Bottom