• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British PM Theresa May Brexit Speech 17th January 2017 at 11:45AM GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

When she says friends, does she mean going back to the empire?

Yes. When we leave the EU all our former Imperial colonies will be so in awe of our new found independence that they'll submit to our rule once more.

More realistically it means trade deals with Australia and New Zealand.

Tak3n

Banned
I do agree that all this half in, half out talk is daft, either do it realise we were wrong and ask to come back, or don't and just have another referendum as with all the crap that has gone on I fully expect a comfortable remain win

norinrad

Yes. When we leave the EU all our former Imperial colonies will be so in awe of our new found independence that they'll submit to our rule once more.

More realistically it means trade deals with Australia and New Zealand.

She mentioned the common wealth, TM is dangerous.

SKINNER!

Banned
why does May and Cameron always have to start sentences with "I want to make this clear" or "My answer is clear". Surely, you don't need to emphasis this. We get it. You usually twist and pivot around answers so you have to specify when you can answer simple questions.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I do agree that all this half in, half out talk is daft, either do it realise we were wrong and ask to come back, or don't and just have another referendum as with all the crap that has gone on I fully expect a comfortable remain win
It's not stupid, some of the most successful countries in Europe are "half in", like Norway and Switzerland.

Betty

Banned
Who the fuck is she talking to?

The remainers didn't want a global britain.

The leavers want to throw up the drawbridge and get rid of everyone non-white.

Real Hero

'the British people like to hold their governments to account'

No they don't most would be happy to never thing about such things

Biggzy

Has anyone told May that the UK is already a global economy and does trade with the rest of the world? You would think that we don't if you went by the rhetoric of the last few months.

GCX

Branding brexit as a mission to make "a global Britain" is pretty impressive bending of reality.

liquidtmd

Banned
When she says friends, does she mean going back to the empire?

It means her plan is she intends to be The First Order.

We will effectively be the Empire again. We have another superpowered Death Star and the status quo will be the same as it was!

Just no-one knows how we get there because currently we resemble the Empire at Return of the Jedi

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
We want to trade, but we won't provide any details. Much awesome, much diversity, EU not flexible but we are friends anyway.

This conference is a whole lot of itsfuckingnothing.gif

Uzzy

Serious question, what do we make that they want?

Poor quality cricketers that they can humiliate?

We do some trade with them, and when their current major trading partners are China and Trump's America, I suppose they might like a reliable trading partner in the firm of the UK.

jelly

What a load of bollocks.

Britain will need to import some lube before leaving, we are going to be shafted big time by every country out there.

Equal, equal.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

'the British people like to hold their governments to account'

No they don't most would be happy to never thing about such things
Never forget the outrage when SC judges voted to uphold democracy. Viewed as undermining the current government LMAO
Übermatik;228529047 said:
"We are not leaving Europe"... no shit.
Disappointing, I thought we'd raise the anchor and fuck off into the Atlantic somewhere

DavidDesu

May criticises EU for ”bending towards uniformity"... meanwhile see the attitude towards Scotland within UK Union *cough-hypocrite-cough*. Keep seeing those in England on comments sections, and indeed politicians, telling Scots to basically shut up and accept the will of the greater union (i.e. the overwhelmingly unbalanced dominance of England's voters).

(EDIT: This is in the face of Scotland strongly voting Remain across the board and after our independence referendum being fought on the NO side by being told a No vote secured our place in the EU, lol)

Meh.

Scottish independence now please. C'mon folks.. how people in Scotland could accept decades of super right wing Tory rule is beyond me.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
@EU citizens "It was no attempt to reject your values or to become distant to you."

We just don't want you here, and don't believe in your values of free movement and labour and legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom