• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Launches April 7, 2017 on PS4, XB1 and PC

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDtv9fImfNw
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition takes the blood, brutality and bone-shattering moves from the original 2011 shooter and beefs it all up on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, due to land on April 7th, 2017. The remastered game features high-resolution textures, remastered audio and smoother frame rates, and it'll run in up to 4K resolution on the PS4 Pro and PC. Full Clip Edition also comes with every piece of Bulletstorm DLC in existence, plus some new content.
https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/01/bulletstorm-remaster-ps4-xbox-pc-gearbox-people-can-fly/

Hi! I’m Sebastian Wojciechowski, president of People Can Fly, and I’m thrilled to share some exciting news with PlayStation fans around the world. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is coming to PS4 on April 7, 2017!

You might be familiar with Bulletstorm, or you might be hearing about the game for the first time today. No matter if you’re diehard fan or if you’re new to the series, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition has something for you!
As we were developing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, we wanted to provide the ultimate Bulletstorm experience for fans. And we feel that we delivered on that, as this game has it all! You’ll get to experience Bulletstorm and all of the DLC released for the game in one package, along with improvements that weren’t possible until now with PS4.

We started by going back to the original Bulletstorm and upgrading the visuals and presentation; when you jump into the game you’ll experience updated character models, environments, lighting effects, animations, and more. And on top of that, the game runs at a smoother framerate than ever before giving even more fluidity to the gameplay. And if you own a PS4 Pro, you’ll be able to enjoy all of these graphical enhancements even further in stunning 4K resolution.

But there’s more to the game than a fresh coat of paint. We’ve also added in some new content that hasn’t been seen before! There’s a new Overkill Campaign Mode, where you can blast your way through the campaign by starting off with an unrestricted arsenal of weapons and skillshots. If you’re new to Bulletstorm, skillshots are unique kills in which you use the environment around you to take out your enemies with style. Using skillshots will reward you with skillpoints, which can be used to upgrade your arsenal.

There’s also six new Echo Maps, where you can showcase your skills in the score-based Echo Mode. And last but definitely not least, fans who pre-order Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition will get free access to the Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour DLC, which gives you the option to swap out Grayson Hunt with the iconic Duke Nukem!

You heard right, we’ve got the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John, in the game with a re-recorded script and all new lines, along with a hi-def rendered version of Duke Nukem. If you’ve ever wanted to play as Duke Nukem in HD on your PS4, this is your chance!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...ll-clip-edition-launches-april-7-2017-on-ps4/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sounds like they're planning on charging for the patch to fix the broken original PC release.

Yeah, no loyalty program, just a 15% pre-purchase discount. And it's full price to boot. I suppose this isn't terribly surprising given that Duke3D: World Tour was $20 and also completely lacked a loyalty program, meaning Gearbox was essentially asking owners of Duke3D to pay $20 for an additional eight levels.

MUnited83

For you.
Really shit of them to not have any kind of loyalty program for previous owners. You know, since the original is literally going to be unplayable when GFWL servers go down? Then again, I expected nothing better from Gearbox.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's an awesome game but I have no need to replay it. Great for those who skipped it last gen.

Eh, I'd only replay it if they give GfWL-Steam owners this on Steam. If they're charging me for the privileged of using something I already own due to a service shutdown, they can fuck off.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Fucking hell Gearbox.

1. No discount for owning the original on Steam, it's 40 USD *with* the 20% discount.

2. Duke is DLC :lol :lol. Not even included.

I feel kinda bad for People Can Fly if Gearbox was the only publisher up for this :(

I just don't get it. Why add Duke instead of a meaningful upgrade like say, co-op?

faint.

I bought this game solely for the GoW3 beta but ended up getting an early access code for it. To this day I've never played a single minute of this game, haha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
eh, wait a year or two after the scorpio launch before calling the store dead

I don't see Scorpio shifting the needle to any meaningful degree. Play Anywhere isn't a compelling incentive if you're a PC gamer and anybody intending to move to Scorpio as their primary platform will be doing so precisely because they'd prefer to play games on a console and have no intention of switching/returning to the PC. I mean, console gamers using their Win10 laptop to buy Play Anywhere games from the WinStore may technically count as engagement, but it doesn't help further Microsoft's goal of having the store gain traction within the PC DD space.

Top Bottom